Story Critique Queue

shel_ashling said:
I'd like to get in a queue. I have a story just a shade under 7k words, Lesbian category, but the sex is fairly light and minimal.

Hi Shel,

Seven's thread is winding down and it looks like you're next. If you've any questions or issues, feel free to bring them up- otherwise, you're welcome to start your discussion anytime you're ready. No hurry, though- I think Erin's the only active member left in the queue and she's been perpetually last all summer.

Penny
 
PrincessErin said:
I wouldn't mind another one of my stories to be critiqued although it would be nice for more authors to come on over.

Hi Erin,

Unless I missed something, perpetually last is finally first. Are you still interested in offering another of your stories?

Penny
 
PrincessErin said:
I would be more then happy to post my story. I'm going away for a few days so can wait until Friday to post it.
Cool beans! No hurry. Whenever you're ready is fine.
 
I'm interested in having my story critiqued

The Bonding of LanceGT and LittleMissJen is the title and I'm looking for good feedback and comments as to how well it reads. I'm trying to change the style of writing I normally do and would greatly appreciate help from this group. The comments in the feedback portal aren't any help, although people like what I write, and feel other writers can guide me. I'll keep looking in to see if I'm chosen. Thanks,
Lance
 
My first story

I'm trying to get my first story posted on here. As soon as it's up, I'll add the link. I would like to know if I'm wasting space on here, or if it's even good. I only started it to get a feel for my characters and if people like it, I'll finish it in chapters. :rose:
 
The queue was empty, so now it's Lance followed by Peach&Cream. We'll most likely give Erin's discussion, which just started, another week or so in the proverbial limelight. In the meantime, feel free to check out Erin's or any prior discussion to get a feel for what's involved.
 
Ready and willing

to read the comments and take whatever is said to help my writing. If any of you take the time to read any of my other stories, at your leisure of course, you'll see I write in the same context and express my thoughts of the story the same way. It is 'The Bonding' story that I have tried to use a different sytle, but I'm not sure if it is a viable method of writing.
 
How long before a story gets posted?!

I submitted my story days ago and have got no response.........How long does it normally take? :confused:
 
I submitted my story days ago and have got no response.........How long does it normally take? :confused:

Pardon me for jumping in. It's not really my place, but . . . :eek:

Maybe you're confused. This sticky is for people who want to be added to the Story Discussion Circle queue (line-up) for interested writerly types to get critiques of their stories. You can see what I'm talking about by looking down below the blue sticky threads on the Story Discussion Circle main thread page. You can see an example of what I mean by looking at Princess Erin's thread on The Red Velvet Cloak, or any of the older story discussion threads. By posting you want to have a story reviewed on this sticky, you're asking to join the line-up (queue.) Writers usually post their stories in the given format every couple of weeks when the moderators tell them it's okay to post.

If you're just wanting fast feedback, you might want to post a link to your story and requests for feedback on the Story Feedback Forum.

Personally, I hope you stick around and take your turn with you story. I still haven't gotten my nerve up to ask (well, it would help if I finished something! :rolleyes:), but I love this concept and the circle needs more participants. Many who used to post until recently, have disappeared. :(
 
Thanks Peaches, but as my Honey Drip just said, I'm not in this queue for feedback, I'm looking for a review on how well I write and how I can improve it. If that's what you'd like to happen with your story, stay tuned, but be forewarned, you leave your ego at the door and listen to what they have to say. Lance:cool:
 
So, can I request a place in the queue? Or should I wait until I've collected some more posts? Either way I'll be doing my best to contribute to this subforum, which I think is a fantastic idea, but I don't want to speak out of turn if I'm too new yet.
 
Sixty, you're doing just fine. Just submit a story you'd like critiqued, with a link to it and take your place in line. My story is next, so you can see what happens firsthand. Take a look at the other stories that have already been done and it'll give you an idea of what occurs here. As I was warned at the strat, leave your ego at the door and be prepared to accept whatever is given to you to help become a better writer. Lance:cool:
 
Okay, thanks. I've gleaned enough to know not to start a thread until Penelope says "Come on down," but if we're linking to them in this thread here's Commander Rainey. I'll save my specific concerns until it's properly my turn. Thanks again for the guidance, Lance.

And no worries about my ego. I'm still astonished that anyone likes my writing. Even my SO. Any opportunity to add to my very limited understanding of the craft is very welcome.

-Ken
 
Thanks everyone for pitching in and answering questions while we were on holiday. :)

Lance can start his thread whenever he's comfortable doing so. Peach & Cream is next, followed by Sixty Minute Man.

P.S.
There's no need to post the link in this thread, though it doesn't hurt anything either.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for pitching in and answering questions while we were on holiday. :)

Lance can start his thread whenever he's comfortable doing so. Peach & Cream is next, followed by Sixty Minute Man.

P.S.
There's no need to post the link in this thread, though it doesn't hurt anything either.

About how long does it take to get to the top. The reason I'm asking is I will be out of the country in Oct and won't have reliable e-mail service. Would it be better if I just waited until I returned?

Thank you,
JohnL600
 
JohnL600 said:
About how long does it take to get to the top. The reason I'm asking is I will be out of the country in Oct and won't have reliable e-mail service. Would it be better if I just waited until I returned?

Thank you,
JohnL600

We try to give each story at least a week and usually a few extra days too before starting another, so yours probably would not start until October, but there's no reason you can't join the queue now and start your discussion after you return from your trip.
 
Thanks everyone for pitching in and answering questions while we were on holiday. :)

Lance can start his thread whenever he's comfortable doing so. Peach & Cream is next, followed by Sixty Minute Man.

P.S.
There's no need to post the link in this thread, though it doesn't hurt anything either.

I'm ready to start. let me know what I have to do, and away we go!
 
Hey, all!

I've got a new story I'm working on, it's already around 8000 words, and I'm just now getting to a point where I *could* put in a chapter break. I've had such a positive response with my first story, I'd like to submit my second one for you're consideration. There's no hurry, I still have some work to do on it. Early to mid October is just fine.


Thanks,

Jacks
 
Back
Top