The Makeup Fairy Returns!

I have actually heard about this and was going to try it myself. As soon as I do, you'll be first to know it. :D


Thank you! :)
I don't need for for foundation as I use SKIN79's BB cream. If you have not tried it I really REALLY recommend it , I use very light makeup and I never found a foundation that was not heavy or did not cover well.This does not feel like a foundation, it covers, it's anti-wrinkle, and it as SPF and it is very long lasting. After I take it off my skin feels like a baby's butt. Haha.

I was looking for a good primer for my eye shadows, I tried ELF's but my eye shadow does not POP! At first it looks great and during the day it will "fade" and I have to reapply constantly.
:(


I've read the Amazon comments about the Monistat chafing cream, and I'm intrigued because I happen to have a barely-used tube of this stuff in my bathroom. Would the product go on after moisturizing but before foundation? I'm interested in giving it a try!

ETA: I did some Googling and answered my own questions. I just gave the Monistat "Primer" a try and am pretty satisfied with the results. The product goes on smoothly, with only a pea-sized amount required for the entire face, and it covers fine lines really well. My pores even look smaller! I'm still prone to breakouts despite being 29-ish ;), so I'll have to make sure that I don't have any problems in that regard, but I'd suggest giving this product a try!

I also read that when using this you had to keep a good skin cleansing regime to reduce breakouts.

I've tried the Monistat chafing cream and it works wonderfully! Of course, you need to realize it doesn't have any of the "beauty" ingredients of the higher-priced primers.

I'm glad!! :)

Let's talk skin care for the tween/teen set. I've got my two oldest using Cetaphil's Gentle Foaming Cleanser, but my son is starting to get those little white bumps that usually precede acne. Should I switch him out to an acne formula now or wait till that first pimple appears?

Also, during the tween years, I'm inclined to think just a gentle cleanser is all they need at this point. When, exactly should moisturizer be added to the routine?


I remember that when I was teen, I would get these bumps. My dermatologist recommended not using moisturizer that contained Mineral Oil. I changed moisturizer and gone! O_O


Make-up fairy what is your opinion on chemical peels. The kind you do at home? Would you recommend them?
 
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

Thank you for the links on discontinued products. While I did not find my preferred moisturiser (boo), I did find my favourite eye-shadows. I stocked up. I'm good until the apocalypse (unless that comes this year, in which case I'll be the sexiest zombie north of the 49th), and can start hunting for another brand and shade.

:rose:
 
Dear Make-up Fairy,


I have been blessed with relatively nice skin. I hardly ever get blemishes, and my skin is never too dry nor too oily.

However, I do have one issue, and that is one of color.

My nose likes to turn bright red at the most inconvenient times. Like when it's cold outside. Or hot. Or I'm sick. Or I'm upset.

The rest of my face will look perfectly normal, and then my red nose sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel like I look like a clown. Or Rudolph. Or a coke addict.

Are there any make-up tricks to counteract this, or do I need to see a dermatologist?

Thank you,

Not Rudolph so stop asking me to lead the sleigh
 
Let's talk skin care for the tween/teen set. I've got my two oldest using Cetaphil's Gentle Foaming Cleanser, but my son is starting to get those little white bumps that usually precede acne. Should I switch him out to an acne formula now or wait till that first pimple appears?

Also, during the tween years, I'm inclined to think just a gentle cleanser is all they need at this point. When, exactly should moisturizer be added to the routine?

I would say, yes, switch him to an acne formula and add very regular exfoliation into his skin care routine. One of the causations of acne is that the skin is so oily, the cells that die will STICK to each other, and fall into the pore, become infected, then become an acne pimple. Regular exfoliation will manually unstick the skin cells and remove them from the surface of the skin, BEFORE they can fall into the pore and become infected. A proactive approach is great for acne, so daily gentle exfoliation is great for acne sufferers.

I recommend moisturizer for ALL skin types, ESPECIALLY acne! It may seem counter-intuitive until you learn how the skin works. The oils produced by the oil glands acts as a "sealant", preventing moisture (water) in the skin from evaporating and making the skin dry. Dry skin cracks, and is prone to allowing infectious materials to make you sick, so this is literally one of the ways your body prevents you from becoming ill! Now, if you strip the skin of oil by cleansing it in ANY fashion, water leaves the skin, making it dry. The body panics and tells the skin to produce EVEN MORE OIL to try and prevent what water is left from leaving. Dryness or over-stripping can actually CAUSE acne, because of the overproduction of oil.

Proper moisturizing means the body will not panic, and will not overproduce oil in the prevention of dryness. Simply moisturizing after every cleansing can actually prevent acne, if the only cause was over-production of oil. Hormonal imbalances, cosmetic sensitivities, diet, and genetics can also play a part in the causation of acne, but there are steps you can take to prevent or lessen it's degree of severity.

In Tweens, gentle cleansing and exfoliating, followed by moisturizing and acne-treatment products can prevent and treat acne occurrence. I recommend St Ives Apricot Scrub, which is a natural exfoliant that is highly effective in unsticking oily skin cells. Follow this with a gentle sensitive-skin moisturizer like Cetaphil, and an acne-treatment product like Clean and Clear's Invisible Blemish Treatment (This is a product that contains Salicylic Acid and it very gentle even on sensitive skin, and can be worn under makeup with no ill effects), and you have a massive one-two punch against multiple causes of acne.

If the tween in question is DILIGENT with this routine, their acne should either be largely reduced, or be prevented entirely.

Make-up fairy what is your opinion on chemical peels. The kind you do at home? Would you recommend them?

Chemical Peels are WONDERFUL!!! I highly recommend them to multiple skin types. Acne-prone, Mature, and Sun-Damaged skin can receive marked improvement through routine peels.

I've had really good results with Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel, but instead of daily use, I recommend that it's done no more than twice weekly. Even just once weekly, for sensitive, or thin/aged/dry skin types. The glycolic acid it contains speeds skin's "Turnover", reducing wrinkles, uneven tone, and the extra exfoliation can prevent and treat acne very well!

Dear Make-Up Fairy,

Thank you for the links on discontinued products. While I did not find my preferred moisturiser (boo), I did find my favourite eye-shadows. I stocked up. I'm good until the apocalypse (unless that comes this year, in which case I'll be the sexiest zombie north of the 49th), and can start hunting for another brand and shade.

:rose:

I'm thrilled I could help you, my dear! :heart:

Dear Make-up Fairy,


I have been blessed with relatively nice skin. I hardly ever get blemishes, and my skin is never too dry nor too oily.

However, I do have one issue, and that is one of color.

My nose likes to turn bright red at the most inconvenient times. Like when it's cold outside. Or hot. Or I'm sick. Or I'm upset.

The rest of my face will look perfectly normal, and then my red nose sticks out like a sore thumb. I feel like I look like a clown. Or Rudolph. Or a coke addict.

Are there any make-up tricks to counteract this, or do I need to see a dermatologist?

Thank you,

Not Rudolph so stop asking me to lead the sleigh

Dear Not Rudolf,

Redness can be difficult to conceal if you're not wearing concealing cosmetics. Have you though about carrying a powder foundation in your bag in order to "dust" your nose when it's red?

I suggest a type that has a mirror in the compact, for quick touch-ups without having to run for a bathroom.

There are several good brands, but I HIGHLY recommend MAC 'Studio Fix' Powder Plus Foundation. It's a large compact, you'll pay about 27 dollars, and this will last you...FOREVER! You might balk at the price until you realize how little you actually do need to hide any sudden redness. Good pigmentation and a very nice range of color choices makes this an ideal on-the-go concealment product, and it has a mirror AND extra compartment for the sponge applicator!

Here's an anonymous email from a loyal reader:

Very cosmetically clueless, LOL!

And about anything really trying to make myself look "girly". What I'd truly love is to learn more about ways to do my hair. Don't suppose you know anything about hair do you? I haven't had the time yet to go read your threads. Sorry. It is on my to do list!


Unfortunately, I know absolutely NOTHING about how to "do" hair. My forte has always been low-maintence haircuts that work with my naturally wavy texture, completely wash-and-go styles that I usually either put up in protective buns/braids, or leave down when I'm "dressing up". I'll throw in a headband, or a ribbon, or a few pins or clips, but as for using hot tools and product, I avoid both. My hair is down to my butt now, and I can't use hot tools and products that potentially dry or damage my hair, in order to preserve the health of my very long hair I have to baby it!

However, there are several women I CAN point you to that CAN teach you awesome tricks!

My favorite hair (and makeup) Guru on youtube is Kandee Johnson, not only because she's an amazing teacher, but her voice and personality is a complete twin of me! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/kandeejohnson?feature=g-u-u

Another wonderful teacher is Lilith Moon, who teaches woman how to do very complex looking hair-do's extremely easily! I've copied a few of her looks and was astonished at how easy it was, even though the end product looked like I had spent hours in the salon!

http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=g-u-u

I hope this helps. :)
 
Last edited:
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

The aesthetic salon/spa I often frequent has just added a hairdressing service, and through a combination of promotions and loyalty points, I scored a very very inexpensive haircut/colouring session with a well-reputed hairdresser. I've been contemplating of having someone professionally cut/trim my hair (I've been doing it myself for almost 10 years) for a long while now, so I am taking it as a sign.

Exciting, eh? Well, the truth is, I have a minor fear of hairdressers that borders on stupid, stemmed from the years in theatre where I *had* to have my hair chopped for a role. Additionally, every time I went for me, they messed it up. 3 inches turned into 9. Layers turned into a blunt cut, so in the end, I just never bothered to go.

I think I know what I want in terms of cut (just a couple of inches, long layers, something like Laura Vandervoort) and hopefully to fix the split-ends issues. Colour too - I like my own golden brown, so I would like to stay in the same range. However, I've been sporting the same look for years, plus I'm a dye virgin, so I'm not sure how to communicate that I'm open to opinions, just nothing drastic. Unfortunately, I work in an environment where while I have to look put together, I would be able sport a bright pink with purple highlights pixie haircut and no one bat an eye, so I don't have that as an excuse.
I'm also chicken shit and will not speak up in the chair - plus, I know that cuts and colours in process never look like the final product - so I don't know when to say when something doesn't look right.

I also don't know the protocol in tipping for hairdressers. Do you tip the final bill and that's it? Do the colourist (it'll be a different person) get tipped separately, and if so, when? What's reasonable? What's the standard - I'm assuming that as service standard in this city is 15-20%, that I should tip the same amount?

I know that you don't really 'do' hair, but do you have any reassuring tips in navigating the frightening hairdresser chair?

Signed,

Has-no-problem-telling-CEOs-to-fuck-off-but-is-irrationally-afraid-of-hairdressers. And Pinocchio :eek:
 
Last edited:
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

The aesthetic salon/spa I often frequent has just added a hairdressing service, and through a combination of promotions and loyalty points, I scored a very very inexpensive haircut/colouring session with a well-reputed hairdresser. I've been contemplating of having someone professionally cut/trim my hair (I've been doing it myself for almost 10 years) for a long while now, so I am taking it as a sign.

Exciting, eh? Well, the truth is, I have a minor fear of hairdressers that borders on stupid, stemmed from the years in theatre where I *had* to have my hair chopped for a role. Additionally, every time I went for me, they messed it up. 3 inches turned into 9. Layers turned into a blunt cut, so in the end, I just never bothered to go.

I think I know what I want in terms of cut (just a couple of inches, long layers, something like Laura Vandervoort) and hopefully to fix the split-ends issues. Colour too - I like my own golden brown, so I would like to stay in the same range. However, I've been sporting the same look for years, plus I'm a dye virgin, so I'm not sure how to communicate that I'm open to opinions, just nothing drastic. Unfortunately, I work in an environment where while I have to look put together, I would be able sport a bright pink with purple highlights pixie haircut and no one bat an eye, so I don't have that as an excuse.
I'm also chicken shit and will not speak up in the chair - plus, I know that cuts and colours in process never look like the final product - so I don't know when to say when something doesn't look right.

I also don't know the protocol in tipping for hairdressers. Do you tip the final bill and that's it? Do the colourist (it'll be a different person) get tipped separately, and if so, when? What's reasonable? What's the standard - I'm assuming that as service standard in this city is 15-20%, that I should tip the same amount?

I know that you don't really 'do' hair, but do you have any reassuring tips in navigating the frightening hairdresser chair?

Signed,

Has-no-problem-telling-CEOs-to-fuck-off-but-is-irrationally-afraid-of-hairdressers. And Pinocchio :eek:

My dearest Afraid of Hairdressers,

The first thing you need to do is recognize that not speaking up in the chair is the problem that you need to address most of all. Now, as a submissive woman I've had times when I felt stifled to speak up, and when I didn't, I accepted the (sometimes awful) consequences. Getting a bad haircut is something that can stick with you...literally...for months. Let me ask you this: Do you really want to have to live with awful hair for MONTHS just because you were too much of a coward to say something ONCE?! I know you don't, sweetheart. So make this choice, tell yourself, if I feel the urge to say something, I WILL FORCE MYSELF TO DO IT. And every time you speak up when you feel the urge to and are successful at it, the easier it will become. Eventually, it will become second nature. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

As an adult, you're capable of making your own choices, and when you don't speak up, you're making a choice whether you're 100% conscious of it or not. The first thing you have to do is force yourself to become conscious of those choices and the emotions you're feeling when you want to speak up but don't. Are you afraid the hairdresser, a practical stranger, will hate you? Speak or think ill of you? Even if they DO, you don't ever have to go and visit him or her EVER AGAIN, so their opinion of you isn't going to change your world at all. So whether or not they like you...who cares? You can ask them to change something in a polite and diplomatic way, and very few hairdressers will feel any negative reactions towards you. What's more likely is that they'll be GLAD you said something, because happy clients tip better, and tips are what pays their bills!

As for tipping in a salon, I found this for you: http://www.beautysurvival.com/tipping.html
 
Yay! I've saved your links and will let you know if anything good comes of it. ;)

Fire_breeze, your post made me really giggle. I think I fell in love w/you. ;) I wish you luck on your new cut and hope it's everything you want. :)
 
Dear Makeup Fairy,

How did I not know that you had started a new makeup fairy thread? So good to see it back. I am going to spend the next few days reading through the backlog of posts.

Signed,
Red lipstick wearer because of you :kiss:
 
Dear Makeup Fairy,

How did I not know that you had started a new makeup fairy thread? So good to see it back. I am going to spend the next few days reading through the backlog of posts.

Signed,
Red lipstick wearer because of you :kiss:

My dearest Red Lipstick-er,

I'm so glad to hear it! Enjoy the backlog. Lots of juicy info there! :heart:
 
My dearest Red Lipstick-er,

I'm so glad to hear it! Enjoy the backlog. Lots of juicy info there! :heart:

I'm already knee deep in it. Woot! I missed your threads. Off to bed for me, I'll be reading more tomorrow. Good to see you about, nerdy mama of awesome.
 
New Article!

Hello my dear makeup geeks, beauty nerds and all-around glammed-out goddesses! Your Devoted Makeup Fairy Godmother has a fresh new piece for you.

Four Eyeshadow Shades Every Woman Must Have!

Deep Steel Gray:
Makeup-Products1.jpg


This is a great go-to color that I believe every woman needs in her kit. Not only does this make a wonderful daytime liner when used wet, it can help you transition from a day-to-night look when applied in the crease and along your lower lashes. Try this color in the summertime, when the hot sun makes black eyeliner too harsh. Girls with extremely fair complexions and/or blonde hair look amazing in silvery greys, while darker complexions can get away with richer shades that blend to gunmetal and iron.

Dark GoldenBrown:
il_fullxfull.257405753.jpg


This is an absolute must-have for any woman who's new to makeup. You really can't go wrong with a universally flattering shade like this, and it can be used wet as an eyeliner for daytime office settings, church and first dates for a more natural look. When worn with primer and smoked out with black eyeshadow near the lashline, it makes a model-perfect "smoky eye".

Champange:
il_fullxfull.253368526.jpg


The ultimate in foolproof highlighting and ultra-natural sheen, Champange eyeshadow is another universally flattering color that works on the very fairest to the deepest, darkest mahogany skin. Used alone wet as an eyeliner, it'll give your eyes a subtle glow wonderful for dates and "no makeup look" days. When used as a highlighter on your browbones, cheekbones and inner-eye corner, it'll add an elegant "finished" look.


Mauve:
0316-diane-kruger-rose-gold-eye-makeup-look-close.jpg


Now here's where it may get scary to you new Divas out there. This color can be intimidating for newcomers or even my Neutral-Color obsessed, but bear with me! It's a beautiful shade of purple, gold and brown that can give your eyes a beautiful warmth and glow that almost can't be achieved quite as well with any other color. It's soft enough for daytime use, and smoked with darker brown near the lashes, can give an intense, dramatic smoky eye great for parties, hot dates and photos. Once you get used to a the fact that it's not necessarily your everyday neutral, you'll wear this color everywhere!

So there it is, my loves. The Fantabulous Four will never let you down once you welcome these colors into your pallet. They'll let you have an endless list of "look" options that'll give you beautiful, finished looks even when you're at your most rushed!

Questions about the article? Write below, or PM me if you'd like to remain anonymous!

Muah!

The Makeup Fairy
 
Last edited:
Dear Make Up Fairy:

I LOVE the look of some of the glitter eyeliners and shadows, but I've been hesitant on buying any because I don't want to come across as the 40 something desperately trying to recapture her 20's. Any ideas on how to subtly indulge?
 
Dear Makeup Fairy,

How often to exfoliate? I hate it and probably only do it once a week. Sometimes showering just takes way too long. The puffy sponge things don't seem to work well. The other kind of brushes don't seem to lather well. I like salt scrubs but I don't want to use it every day and it seems to just leave an oily substance on my skin to make it feel smoother.

And what is the best cover up for acne? I break out during that time of month and even the $30 liquid foundation and powder from Sephora failed miserably. I get red blemishes and I rather not coat 10 different products on my face.
 
Last edited:
Dear Make Up Fairy:

I LOVE the look of some of the glitter eyeliners and shadows, but I've been hesitant on buying any because I don't want to come across as the 40 something desperately trying to recapture her 20's. Any ideas on how to subtly indulge?

Roll play, ropes, and a paddle. ;):kiss::rose:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I now return you to your regularly scheduled Make-Up Fairy. :cool::rose:
 
Dear Make Up Fairy:

I LOVE the look of some of the glitter eyeliners and shadows, but I've been hesitant on buying any because I don't want to come across as the 40 something desperately trying to recapture her 20's. Any ideas on how to subtly indulge?

Dear Bali,

I would say if you want to indulge in the new ultra-high shine looks, opt for a shimmer shadow instead of glitter, for a finer texture. Big chunky glitter is almost never flattering, even on the youngest skin. BareMinerals and ELF both have a powder mineral pigments that are extremely shiny and long lasting. I suggest using a primer underneath for smudge-proof wear.

Dear Makeup Fairy,

How often to exfoliate? I hate it and probably only do it once a week. Sometimes showering just takes way too long. The puffy sponge things don't seem to work well. The other kind of brushes don't seem to lather well. I like salt scrubs but I don't want to use it every day and it seems to just leave an oily substance on my skin to make it feel smoother.

And what is the best cover up for acne? I break out during that time of month and even the $30 liquid foundation and powder from Sephora failed miserably. I get red blemishes and I rather not coat 10 different products on my face.

Dear Confused Again,

Exfoliation really depends on several factors, what skin type you have, what complexion you have, and your age. Thin, dry, mature skin needs no more than once a week, but thick, young, ethnic skin can benefit from daily gentle exfoliation. Since you said you're acne-prone, I suggest that you bump up your exfoliation to at least twice weekly, face and body. Wal-Mart sells exfoliating body gloves that are very affordable, just use any moisturizing body wash you like. For the face, I suggest using something like St. Ives Apricot scrub.

For covering up blemishes, are you looking to reduce redness specifically, and/or cover the "bumpiness"?
 
Dear Confused Again,

Exfoliation really depends on several factors, what skin type you have, what complexion you have, and your age. Thin, dry, mature skin needs no more than once a week, but thick, young, ethnic skin can benefit from daily gentle exfoliation. Since you said you're acne-prone, I suggest that you bump up your exfoliation to at least twice weekly, face and body. Wal-Mart sells exfoliating body gloves that are very affordable, just use any moisturizing body wash you like. For the face, I suggest using something like St. Ives Apricot scrub.

For covering up blemishes, are you looking to reduce redness specifically, and/or cover the "bumpiness"?

Thanks. I usually do use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub and Proactiv during PMS. But Proactiv is so drying.

Good question. I guess the redness bothers me more than the bumps. They don't have heads on them.
 
Thanks. I usually do use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub and Proactiv during PMS. But Proactiv is so drying.

Good question. I guess the redness bothers me more than the bumps. They don't have heads on them.

There are a few things you can do to help with the redness. A toner with witch hazel can reduce redness before applying cosmetics, and I also suggest you get a facial moisturizer that specifically addresses acne redness, something that is labeled "calming" or "soothes redness". You also can pre-conceal red areas with a corrective concealer tinted green, but be sparing, you don't want to end up looking like the incredible Hulk!
 
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

My 18 year old niece is starting to get an interest in make-up. The problem is that she is going through my make-up baskets and I honestly rather that she didn't, because not only am I stupid possessive about my make-up, I find it unhygienic and besides, the colours are completely wrong for her that she looks like she's playing dress-up.

Sending her to buy her own is not really an option, as the nearest make-up counters near her is staffed by women who insist on putting cosmetics on an 18 year old girl with a butter knife and made her look like a streetwalker. When she bought her own palette, she looked like a clown on acid.

I want to get her own kit as a high school graduation gift, and I'd like to stock it up with neutrals for everyday wear, and also fun colours in which she can experiment with. I got the neutrals with light pink lip gloss (some Cover-girl and some Revlon), but I am somewhat at a loss for bright, fun colours for her to experiment with.

A little about her - brown hair, brown eyes, cool-ish complexion. She looks good in red and navy, but terrible in green and oranges. Purple/violet is a hit-and-miss. She's also a tomboy, and lives in Lululemon and Old Navy.

Do you have any suggestions on fun products to to introduce a young girl to the wonders of make-up in regards to fun, youthful and tasteful colours?

Thank you!

:rose:
 
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

My 18 year old niece is starting to get an interest in make-up. The problem is that she is going through my make-up baskets and I honestly rather that she didn't, because not only am I stupid possessive about my make-up, I find it unhygienic and besides, the colours are completely wrong for her that she looks like she's playing dress-up.

Sending her to buy her own is not really an option, as the nearest make-up counters near her is staffed by women who insist on putting cosmetics on an 18 year old girl with a butter knife and made her look like a streetwalker. When she bought her own palette, she looked like a clown on acid.

I want to get her own kit as a high school graduation gift, and I'd like to stock it up with neutrals for everyday wear, and also fun colours in which she can experiment with. I got the neutrals with light pink lip gloss (some Cover-girl and some Revlon), but I am somewhat at a loss for bright, fun colours for her to experiment with.

A little about her - brown hair, brown eyes, cool-ish complexion. She looks good in red and navy, but terrible in green and oranges. Purple/violet is a hit-and-miss. She's also a tomboy, and lives in Lululemon and Old Navy.

Do you have any suggestions on fun products to to introduce a young girl to the wonders of make-up in regards to fun, youthful and tasteful colours?

Thank you!

:rose:

I've got the perfect solution for you! Coastal Scents has lots of premade palettes of colors that are perfect for anyone. I suggest you purchase the "Metal Mania" Palette, since it has a lot of fun shimmery colors, tons of super-easy-wearing neutrals, and a few "fun" colors to play with.

http://www.coastalscents.com/makeup/palettes/eye-palettes/pl-015.html

That's as far as I'd go with her at first. Get her some nice neutral lip glosses and a flattering bronzer, a brush set and some awesome mascara for now. Anything more and we might overload her with "too much too soon".

I'd also suggest that you point her to Youtube, there are literally MILLIONS of tutorials on just about anything you could ever want to know about cosmetics, and it's where I learned how to dye eyebrows as well as make the perfect cat-eye with black liquid liner! Even an "old pro" like me can learn, so it's absolutely perfect for a newcomer like her. :)
 
Sending her to buy her own is not really an option, as the nearest make-up counters near her is staffed by women who insist on putting cosmetics on an 18 year old girl with a butter knife and made her look like a streetwalker.

Oh, that was her mistake. She went to counters with women. She needs to go to the ones with gay men.

There are a few things you can do to help with the redness. A toner with witch hazel can reduce redness before applying cosmetics, and I also suggest you get a facial moisturizer that specifically addresses acne redness, something that is labeled "calming" or "soothes redness". You also can pre-conceal red areas with a corrective concealer tinted green, but be sparing, you don't want to end up looking like the incredible Hulk!

Thanks.
 
I also suggest you get a facial moisturizer that specifically addresses acne redness, something that is labeled "calming" or "soothes redness".

Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle Soothing Lotion fits this bill nicely. I sometimes have problems with rosacea (especially during the summer) and it's helped me out quite a bit.
 
Dear Bali,

I would say if you want to indulge in the new ultra-high shine looks, opt for a shimmer shadow instead of glitter, for a finer texture. Big chunky glitter is almost never flattering, even on the youngest skin. BareMinerals and ELF both have a powder mineral pigments that are extremely shiny and long lasting. I suggest using a primer underneath for smudge-proof wear.

Sweet! I think I'll check out Elf. They're offering free shipping on orders over $25.00 right now. I'll get to order an assortment pretty inexpensively.

For covering up blemishes, are you looking to reduce redness specifically, and/or cover the "bumpiness"?

So , how does one cover "bumpiness"?
 
Back
Top