The Literotica Tag team competition?

Okay. I was just putting "our" stuff together and wanted to get the disclaimer in there if it was already doped out. ;)

I was going to post a simple formatting thing to keep the anonymity of each story and save some time at uploading in a week or so but if your finished already I will post that when i get home from work tonight.

Just little things like keeping the chapter breaks the same much like they do in the Fawc.

So a rough idea

Author's note: The story is part of Literotica's unofficial tag team competition. Twenty of Literotica's authors have accepted the challenge of being randomly paired with a partner to co-author a story under the pen name "odd_Couple." The pairings have remained anonymous and the true authors of this story will be revealed in the comments section one week from today.

Now because of what happened in a couple of the fawc competitions where readers began guessing authors in the comments section I was thinking of adding this.

Disclaimer: Because part of the fun of this challenge is the secrecy of the partners I would like to ask that readers and fellow authors alike refrain from posting their guesses in the comments section as we would like the scoring to be as fair as possible.

So a rough idea

Author's note: The story is part of Literotica's unofficial tag team competition. Twenty of Literotica's authors have accepted the challenge of being randomly paired with a partner to co-author a story under the pen name "odd_Couple." The pairings have remained anonymous and the true authors of this story will be revealed in the comments section one week from today.

Now because of what happened in a couple of the fawc competitions where readers began guessing authors in the comments section I was thinking of adding this.

Disclaimer: Because part of the fun of this challenge is the secrecy of the partners I would like to ask that readers and fellow authors alike refrain from posting their guesses in the comments section as we would like the scoring to be as fair as possible.

Do we know if Laurel will post all the stories on the same day? That sure would be nice if she would.

Otherwise, I think it's fine.

Yeah, you would think there would be a simple way to put them out so this global warming thing would go away?

All the Co2 and Co being belched out of the ground, not mention all that good coal going to waste warming up the planet and all.

From what I have seen I don't think they can. My thought was if you can't put it out put it to use.

I mean that's a lot of heat going to waste. I'm sure someone could figure out a way to use it to run a steam turbine and make some power at least.

If your going to have a coal fire you might as well get the power plant.

I was going to post a simple formatting thing to keep the anonymity of each story and save some time at uploading in a week or so but if your finished already I will post that when i get home from work tonight.

Just little things like keeping the chapter breaks the same much like they do in the Fawc.

No, you misunderstood...we aren't done...not by a long shot. I was just organizing all our hard work up till know into one document, and was wondering about the blurb about this being part of an impromptu writing exercise, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada.

Don't need anything quiet yet. If our deadline is the 10th of April then we can wait...still lots of editing to do. ;)

If I don't rein in the muse I could have until June and not want to be done. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From what I have seen I don't think they can. My thought was if you can't put it out put it to use.

I mean that's a lot of heat going to waste. I'm sure someone could figure out a way to use it to run a steam turbine and make some power at least.

If your going to have a coal fire you might as well get the power plant.

The problem being is that the fire moves underground, deeper and wider, it spreads along the coal seam. So unless you build a power plant on wheels...

I would think there have to be vents, natural or man made, where air goes in and where the hot gases come out, but these would move also along the seam of coal and would be useless for power generation.

Do we know if Laurel will post all the stories on the same day? That sure would be nice if she would.

Otherwise, I think it's fine.

I have spoken to Laurel about the date and time already and she is on board :)

Laurel said:
Hi Ellie!

Thank you for writing, and hope you're having a great weekend!

Friday/Saturday is fine for me. Any day is fine, if there's another day that works for you all. Could you PM me once the stories are submitted and let me know they're there?

And yes, it's no problem to move the stories to author's accounts afterwards. Once you all are ready to move them, you should PM me a list of the story titles and the author accounts to which you'd like them moved. If one of the authors in a pair would like it moved to their account, that's fine. OR, if an author pair would like it duelly-credited, they could create a third account - something like "AuthorName1 and AuthorName2" or whatever - to which they both have access and move it there. Whichever way is fine by me!

If you need anything or have questions, please let me know!

Laurel

Last edited:
I have one other suggestion.

As we are authors from around the world...our use of spelling might give us away.

We might want to think about us all using the same language dictionary. My partner and I have already decided which to use, but I might make a suggestion that US English be used, if it isn't already, as that is basically the target audience.

It would then make it hard for the reading public to guess which who is who.

Thoughts?

As we are authors from around the world...our use of spelling might give us away.

We might want to think about us all using the same language dictionary. My partner and I have already decided which to use, but I might make a suggestion that US English be used, if it isn't already, as that is basically the target audience.

Thoughts?

I was writing my part is Pig Latin, but I suppose US English would work.

Its an interesting thought not sure how much the readers pay attention. It would be up to the authors if they want to put in the extra work of editing.

I was writing my part is Pig Latin, but I suppose US English would work.

Its an interesting thought not sure how much the readers pay attention. It would be up to the authors if they want to put in the extra work of editing.

There are quite a number of words where the spelling is different by one letter, the u in color comes to mind as do others.

It's simply a matter of setting you default dictionary to US English.

As you type those UK English words the dictionary will correct them for you and your US partner won't be screaming at you about all the incorrect spelling and vise-versa.

And the reader won't click away because the authors can't make up their mind which way to spell color.

There are quite a number of words where the spelling is different by one letter, the u in color comes to mind as do others.

It's simply a matter of setting you default dictionary to US English.

As you type those UK English words the dictionary will correct them for you and your US partner won't be screaming at you about all the incorrect spelling and vise-versa.

And the reader won't click away because the authors can't make up their mind which way to spell color.

Its worth putting out there for sure. I'm just not sure about making it a "rule" and pushing people to do more work.

Did some writing with my partner via IM last night. Interesting process. Got a lot out of it, but we kept running into "wait, are they saying that or did you just say that?"

Did some writing with my partner via IM last night. Interesting process. Got a lot out of it, but we kept running into "wait, are they saying that or did you just say that?"

We, my partner and I, are at a lull. They are editing some stuff I wrote and I'm waiting for a couple of pieces they wrote. After I edit their pieces and they accept the corrections then we can put the whole thing together and re-edit and add and modify and embellish and add all those cliches everyone wants to read in a story.

Oh, and I have an inbox jammed with emails.

Thoughts?

My partner and I have already discussed this and chosen the US style. In the fawc's mine was always the easiest to guess, so this one probably won't be so easy.

I agree there are quite a few spelling differences but also the way I phrase things compared to my US based partner, we ring people on our phones in the US you call people, little things but it can jar the flow to a reader if they are unsure if the phone is ringing or they are making a call or when I say ... she the thought about giving that guy from the bar last night a ring they think about jewelry rather than a phone call.
Little things but they can drive my partner a bit mad, although i think they may have been a bit nutty to begin with :p

Plus choosing the US style means they have to do the majority of the editing, lol! because i will keep changing neighbor to neighbour no matter how many times they tell me to leave it alone. :devil:

And don't get me started on the food differences, I wanted to rewrite a whole paragraph to make the food included there sound edible, hahaha! Pulled pork had me imagining Babe being used as a tug of war rope! (After i picked my mind back up out of the gutter)

Last edited:
My partner and I have already discussed this and chosen the US style. In the fawc's mine was always the easiest to guess, so this one probably won't be so easy.

I agree there are quite a few spelling differences but also the way I phrase things compared to my US based partner, we ring people on our phones in the US you call people, little things but it can jar the flow to a reader if they are unsure if the phone is ringing or they are making a call or when I say ... she the thought about giving that guy from the bar last night a ring they think about jewelry rather than a phone call.
Little things but they can drive my partner a bit mad, although i think they may have been a bit nutty to begin with :p

Plus choosing the US style means they have to do the majority of the editing, lol! because i will keep changing neighbor to neighbour no matter how many times they tell me to leave it alone. :devil:

And don't get me started on the food differences, I wanted to rewrite a whole paragraph to make the food included there sound edible, hahaha! Pulled pork had me imagining Babe being used as a tug of war rope! (After i picked my mind back up out of the gutter)

We cured my grandfather. He died at 84, almost a real American. At his funeral we kept quiet about his nativity, and no one was the wiser. If anyone asked I replied THE UNITED cough cough OF COURSE.

Thoughts?
That makes sense. Of course, those teams with two Americans could certainly write as if they were Brits or Aussies. Be an interesting twist to make identification difficult. :D

Of course, even there it can be confusing. We might not say...I'm going to ring her up when I get home (Not about a phone call anyway), but we might give someone a ring, so we aren't fully consistent.

I wonder how long it will be before the concept of "ring" will vanish anyway. Phones don't really ring anymore, do they?

Just so no one gets confused, I am loving writing with my partner, I know they will just laugh at the comments I made above but as my humor does not always translate well I thought I should let people know that they don't need to be saved from my weird Aussie chick stuff just yet. It's not like I made them put cute but deadly drop bears in the story or anything, or did I?
attachment.php

Attachments

• drop bears.jpg
    drop bears.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 34
Of course, even there it can be confusing. We might not say...I'm going to ring her up when I get home (Not about a phone call anyway), but we might give someone a ring, so we aren't fully consistent.

I wonder how long it will be before the concept of "ring" will vanish anyway. Phones don't really ring anymore, do they?

Very true. Neither do we "dial" a number anymore.

Back