Encouragement to Get Work Done

LanguageOfLove

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 22, 2017
Posts
5,986
Don't you sometimes want someone to tell you you're doing a good job, or just tell you what to do? hehe

Maybe sometimes you need someone to motivate you to do something.

How do I get back into studying after being on here....lol I need a study buddy, an encouragement partner. I have an online class for work and am having trouble starting it.
 
Avoiding Literotica, social media and gaming apps is probably the answer. They are time wasters.
 
Split the project into tasks. But I mean, really pound on it until you've broken it down to atomic bits.

Two benefits: splitting it up and planning it will get your head into it, and so it will be easier to start. At least for me, I find that works liek magic. Secondly, little tasks are handy because you can reward yourself after each one with a snack or an orgasm.

Which is why you want split all your projects into tiny, tiny tasks.
 
The trick is not to get on here. If you figure out how to do that, come back and let me know. šŸ˜‚

lol, sure will. I need to cut back on coming on here...and just set a time to be here and a time for studying for work.
 
Split the project into tasks. But I mean, really pound on it until you've broken it down to atomic bits.

Two benefits: splitting it up and planning it will get your head into it, and so it will be easier to start. At least for me, I find that works liek magic. Secondly, little tasks are handy because you can reward yourself after each one with a snack or an orgasm.

Which is why you want split all your projects into tiny, tiny tasks.

I like your reward system...lol
 
I find that reward systems work for most people, even when I need to motivate me.

This week started NaNoWriMo and to motivate myself, I bought a bag of my favorite candies, DOTS. I don't eat candy often but I love these things! I told myself that if I broke 3,000 words aday on a specific project, I would allow myself one box of DOTS. Living alone, the dogs are just to help, it takes a measure of self discipline and honesty to make it work. But, it does feel good to pop open that tiny cardboard treasure and devour the gelatenous sweetness!
 
Make a decision about whether you want to spend a pathetic life in virtual reality or an adventurous life in actual reality.
 
Those extremes aren't the only options.

I agree, I figured out to schedule my time at least two hours a day on reading the material I need to for work/class. It can be done, its all about the mindset. Its about priorities...just taking a step back, stop it all and then start again with guidelines ;)
 
Back
Top