Rejection due to underage characters kissing

LoveAE

Virgin
Hopefully this is in the right section to ask this. The story I tried to submit was rejected for having underage characters (at the beginning) though I'm not sure if both or a singular instance was the cause. Both characters are assumed to be around age 15 when I described their first kiss. The second instance is the male character accidentally seeing the girl naked, though I briefly described her nakedness without it being sexual. I'm rewriting the story to remove the second instance, but is kissing also not allowed due to site policy?

Thanks with the help.

I don't think kissing would be any problem, as long as you don't include groping, fondling, etc. Lit is really only strict about the underage rule, so anything involving nude minors would be a no-no.

You can try it. It probably depends on the context, because some forms of kissing are sexual acts. Folks try all sorts of ways to get around the rules, and it's up to Laurel to decide what is permitted on this Web site and what isn't.

Quick question, do you need to say 15? That's the flag right there no matter what they're doing. Can you state their 18 and over age then say "The first time I kissed her was three years ago?"

That would get you through no problem.

I didn't specifically say they were 15, though the story started out when the characters first meet when they were 10 and 9. The story progresses while they meet every summer but does not specify a particular age or time span when they eventually kiss. Just that it happens a few years later, and then a a few later after that they are in high school.

Thanks for the idea though, maybe I can rework it to make the ages more ambiguous instead of specifically giving that age.

I didn't specifically say they were 15, though the story started out when the characters first meet when they were 10 and 9. The story progresses while they meet every summer but does not specify a particular age or time span when they eventually kiss. Just that it happens a few years later, and then a a few later after that they are in high school.

Thanks for the idea though, maybe I can rework it to make the ages more ambiguous instead of specifically giving that age.

Good luck! Maybe PM Laurel when you've reworked to ask her if the amendments are OK? She is very good about replying quickly to PMs.
:rose:

I have a story that includes a flashback to a (completely non-sexual) kiss between two 6th graders. It was approved without comment.

You are walking a fine line along the border of unacceptable content and necessary background. Rather than try to vague it up and slip it through, I would recommend that you make the section as innocuous as possible, then send it off to Laurel with and explanation of what you are trying to do. I did this once for a story where my 23 year old character had a sexual past that dated back to when she was 13. I sent an IM to Laurel with an explanation and a sample of the text; she wrote back approving the section but specifying the parameters within which I was permitted to work. I would do the same any time that issue arose in the future.

Yeah, that's a good point and I certainly don't mean to try and find a loophole. After thinking about it today, I'm just going to avoid the sexual undertones altogether and rewrite it. It wasn't mean to be anything more than childish innocence, but Laurel pointed out to me how it could be seen that way.

Yeah, that's a good point and I certainly don't mean to try and find a loophole. After thinking about it today, I'm just going to avoid the sexual undertones altogether and rewrite it. It wasn't mean to be anything more than childish innocence, but Laurel pointed out to me how it could be seen that way.

I see no reason why describing two mid-teen characters experimenting with their first kiss would automatically be considered adult material. Kissing is only erotic in the right context. I kiss my daughter all the time; it's a sign of affection and adoration, nothing more. Two teenagers sharing their first open-mouth kiss could be written with an emphasis on the awkwardness, the sense of discovery. No reason to include that the boy is getting an erection or the girl's nipples are getting hard. It could even be comical; in retrospect, had anyone seen the first time I kissed a girl, they would have laughed their ass off.

For future reference to other authors, this is what is classified as unacceptable per Laurel.

As our submission FAQ states, we do not accept stories involving people under the age of 18 in sexual situations: http://www.literotica.com/faq/05235347.shtml#05319407 This includes but is not limited to talking explicitly about sex, voyeurism, exhibitionism, fantasizing, masturbation, and graphic sexualized descriptions, in addition to actual sexual intercourse.

So, if the story says, "we once saw each other naked" or "we shared an innocuous kiss a [some age under 18]" and does not give any more details, it should be fine. But describes naked underage bodies or body parts, or characters looking at naked bodies, or touching each other in a semi-sexual way (including kissing), or "funny feelings in my body parts that I didn't understand after seeing my aunt's bra" type of statements, it will more likely be rejected.

Back