The Order of the Glaive

Ravi smiled inward as the dwarf and the centuar had their little bout. He liked Talamar, he was witty and wise and not afraid to put someone in their place. but at least he had the sense not react when called "horsie"



But before anyone could say anything more he lifted the sleeves to his long coat and checked the dual blades that hung from straps attracted to his wrists. Making sure that they would be easy pulled, he looked back up to find the cleric smiling like she just had the happiest thought in the world. He studied her face for a minute or two, unable to grasp the truth behindthe smile. how pure. how innocent. how untouched by the world's anger and pain she seemed to be.


"sigh, I wish I could be like that again," he muttered and slowly turned away focusing on the journey at hand
 
A missing Hollkin

It did not take long before the three arrived at the Hollkin family house. It was a modest home …functional with a small flower garden … and rock wall. They could see in the back ... there was a small working farm … and they could also hear pigs squealing …

Taramalar knocked at the door and a middle aged woman appeared.

“Can I help you?” She asked

Taramalar smiled “We are from the Order of the Glaive Guild … you reported a missing daughter?” He stated.

“Oh yes …” She said … she wanted to invite them in … but a centaur the size of Taramalar was too big for the house. Taramalar saw the problem and spoke up.

“Madam … I shall be leaving … Ravi and Ellyn will be the ones to help you.” He bow and waved good bye to the two … and trotted off to complete his message delivery.

The woman introduced herself as “Abby Hollkin”. She was the mother of missing daughter. Her daughter, Feleena, was missing for a couple days. She thought she had been kidnapped. The family had received some threats from a local band of thieves. Abby was pretty convinced they were behind the kidnapping. “You can find the bandits in the hills about an hour’s march from here” She said pointing towards the hills.

“Do you have any other questions for me?” She asked.
 
investigation

Ravi looked towards the hill and thought for a moment. "I'm sure a woman like your daughter is terrified beyond belief. Is there anything I can tell her or show her that would prove I'm with the good guys?"

Inside the house there was a wooden box with the initials FH engraved in it. With tears in her eyes she handed him the box. With an honored nod he took the box and store it in his pack. He turned and started toward the hill at a slow pace. To left of the hill was a stream and a small cluster of trees. He and the cleric would wait there for the night, given if the short attentioned cleric would keep up. Not that he minded of course, he rather enjoyed her company though he wish she talked more.

Ravi........Ravi........I know you can hear me boy.

Ravi looked down at the insignia sewn into his coat. It was glowing a bright blue and pulsing as if alive. Rather than being shocked or afraid, he looked at it with more loathing than one would think should be given to a decoration.

"Silver cloak, you nasty scum. I take it your disgusting habits of eavesdropping haven't cease since our last chat."

Tut, tut, tut, Mind that flippant tounge of yours Ravi. or we might have to forget our arrangement and let pretty miss furball take her dirt nap for good. Now are you going to be a good boy or do I have to make her taste the end my dagger AGAIN? Did I tell you it got the blade finished in silver? makes for the most ponderous screams.

Ravi gripped the hilts of his daggers until he almost snapped the handles off. Blood pumped to his head and for a brief moment he saw red. And then just as quick it was gone, replaced with the love and affection of another. Another whose needs were more important than his thirst for revenge.

"No I didn't forget I'm sorry."

Good boy. now about these bandits, they aren't mine. So give them a good thrashing but don't kill them. I don't have any associates out there so bring them to the light. Hell if all goes well I might make you my lead man in your own town. Under me of course haha. now get going.


Ravi slumped against a tree, pain, anger, desperation, and hurt crashing through him all at once. Silently he composed himself and stood up straight, making camp with a hardened expression
 
Ellyn wished good luck to Taramalar as the centaur left to deliver a message.

"What a lovely home you have, Ma'am", Ellyn said to Abby as she and Ravi were brought inside.

They sat in a modest living room as Abby told them about the bandits and the hills that they occupied.

Ellyn sat next to Abby on a bench. She gently rubbed Abby's back as the unconsolable mother began to sob. Ellyn said some words of comfort and hope before asking some questions.

"Did they demand a ransom from you, Ma'am?"

"No", Abby replied, "all we ever got from them were threats"

"We might need to talk to your daughter's friends, could you help us with that?"

Abby told them about some of Feleena's friends in the area. The one that stood out was her boyfriend, called Marcus. He lived several houses further along the road.

"You've been a great help to us, Ma'am, you really have". Ellyn and Abby hugged. "You must have awful trouble sleeping", Ellyn reached into her bag and brought out some light sleeping mixtures and gave them to Abby.

Then Ravi asked about how they could prove to Feleena that they wanted to help her, and he received the box from Abby.

The three of them said their goodbyes and Ellyn and Ravi left the house.

Since today was a special farmers' market day and many of the men folk would be away, they decided to go to the bandit hill first before visiting Marcus's house.

They reach the hill by evening and set up camp among some trees by a stream nearby.

Ravi had become quiet while they were making the camp, and he seemed to withdraw into himself.

Ellyn looked up at the foreboding hill as night began to fall. Her mind was racing with a mix of fear and excitement.
 
Ravi stood up from the small fire he built. It wasn't much just enough to maybe cook a few rabbits on. He hadn't said much to Ellyn since their short time together, so he decided to try and maybe make this just a little more comfortable. And if he was to get in a fight with her it would do him good to know if he had any weak points she might have, to protect of course. At least that's what he kept telling himself. Damn that Silvercloak.

"So, have you been in combat before?"

With a surprised look on her face, no doubt due to the fact that this really was the first time he had spoken directly to her, she shook her head no.

"Ok, then we need to teach you some simple things that might just save your life. First things first, I guard my right side more than my left due to the fact that I am right handed. Since you have no experience you are going to be in charge of my left. I will take point and watch the front and to the right the opposite goes for you. We will be fighting more than one at a time I presume since there is no honor among bandits. when they close in put your back to mine and do whatever it is you clerics do.
 
Bandits

Lurking in the hills among the trees … not far from the two travelers … was a small group of bandits. They made it a habit to menace the travelers through this area, rob them, and when in an extra bad mood … kill them. They had tried to blackmail a few farmers with mixed results. But the group had seen the two travelers approaching their location and they had licked their gnarled teeth.

The group’s sadistic leader, a hobgoblin named Lex one eye, told his 5 followers. 2 orcs and 3 humans. “Human and Greenskin brothers, in the morning, we’ll have us a dead human and a bitch” He pointed to the humans “you’ll get to fuck the bitch” He pointed to the orcs “and we can eat the human fighter! … maybe if the female is still live we can fuck her too! I’m not sure which part of me is more excited my cock or my belly!”

Lex was six feet tall, powerfully strong, and his 5 fellow thugs, were what you would expect … street fighters … All carried various weapons, armed with rusty swords, maces and a few daggers.

They quietly creeped up to a good ambush spot near the small river crossing and waited.
 
Adnil and Wylnias are in the shit!!

Adnil was also sorry they killed the troll. But the thing was evil and liked to eat sentient beings. So she parked it in her brain as a “necessary action”. But Wylnias seemed bothered by it. So she thought she should say something.

“Wylnias … sorry about the troll …odd that it came back so quickly after you scared it. Normally the things runs and hides from simple magic and you made it think there was a Dragon around. Puzziling” She said.

They arrived at the estate and it was grand looking, with a beautiful and functional entrance portcullis that lead into the main courtyard. They walked through it together and saw the main door to the estate surround by thick ivy growing up the walls. Wylnias grabbed the large knocker and knocked on the big door.

A minute later, a servant answered in. He was an old elf dressed in a butler’s outfit. He had white hair, which made Adnil think, he was older, but lots of elves have white hair and it was not because they were old.

“Yes, may I help you?” he asked.

“Greeting, I’m Lady Adnil” Adnil said pointing to herself “and this is my traveling companion, Wylnias a ranger. We are from the Order of the Glaive guild. We are here to talk with Lady Fodson about a lost ring and a mountain troll. May we come in?” Adnil asked. The elf nodded yes and they entered the estate.

They did not have to wait long before Lady Fodson showed up. She was an older lady dressed in a large ballooning gown with tight bodice. Around her waist was a belt of gold and silver. Atop the gown she wore a tight jacket that reached to a little below her hips. She looked regal, if slightly dated. But she was an older lady with grey hair.

“OHHH HELLOOOO” she said with a big smile on her face. “The guild has finally sent someone” Adnil was about to correct her, when Wylnias gave her a look. Lady Fodson saw the exchange, smiled and said equally excitedly “I should have said two someones!! Oh how grand!!”

Adnil and Wylnias explained that the mountain troll would not bother her anymore. She was very impressed. However, when they asked about the ring … She took them both out to the stables and showed them the horse manure pile. Adnil almost had to hold her nose. The smell was over powering.

“I love my horses … but they make such a mess!” Lady Fodson said “stunning the amount of waste a horse can produce. I have been told it is one of the biggest piles in the city!” She said almost bragging about the size of the horse shit pile. It was massive, taller than Wylnias. Adnil was amazed at the size. There was no way she was going to find a ring in all that … waste.

Lady Fodson continued “The ring has been in the family for years. Quite valuable, made of gold with diamonds. I was planning to give it to my granddaughter as part of her dowry …. Poor girl she is as ugly as a mule …”

Adnil was shaking her head … this was an impossible task. It could take weeks to find the ring … the pile was just too big. She felt totally defeated.

Wylnias on the other hand had a puzzled look on his face, and then he turned to Lady Fodson and said. “Ma’dam do you mind if we disturb this pile … or remove the pile looking for the ring?”

“Why of course not …I just need the ring back” Lady Fodson said.

“My partner and I will start looking …we’ll call you when we find the ring.” Wylnias said and lady Fodson thanked them both and walked back to the estate.

“This is totally impossible!” Adnil said not thinking of a single solution to this problem.

Wylnias smiled a clever smile “I have an idea … “ He said and reached over and grabbed a handful of the dried horse shit “dry horse shit will burn … you light this pile on fire and let in burn down … the ash will cool faster than the ring. The ring is made of metal. Walk through the cooled ash with bare feet … and when you feel something hot. That will be the ring. The trick is lighting this pile on fire, we’ll need a very hot flame.”

Adnil glance back at him, now she had a clever smile on her face. “Fire is my specialty area … stand back” She said … then looking at his hands that had touched the dried horse shit … she just had to say something “ahh you might want to wash your hands …horse waste is dirty”

Wylnias just shock his head. She just had to correct things ... UGH.

Turning she spoke the magic words and 30 foot blue flames shot out from her hands spraying against the horse shit pile. The pile burst into flames, but Adnil kept the magic going for a while to make sure it would keep burning. They would have to keep an eye on the fire to make it did not spread. But they had some time to talk … as the pile burnt down.
 
All creatures good and evil

Wylnias took his buxom companions attempt at making him feel better in stride, being she knew nothing at all of the Elven society. ''Aye...they're brute beast...neither evil nor good.'' Watching Adnil's expression Wylnias spoke of his reason for being saddened. ''They simply follow their nature...yet it was a living creature.''

He remained quite when they stepped up to the great door and he knocked, except for one thing he let Adnil do all the talking with Lady Fodson. Being this was her very own Guild task she was sent to perform. Stepping into the home after Adnil, he gives her a warning look when introducing them, as mischief dances in his ice blue eyes.

Wylnias inclined his sunlit platinum blonde head respectfully to Lady Fodson. ''M'lady Fodson the Troll shall not harass your household again.'' As the ring was brought up Lady Fodson lead the two to the hill of stable muck, the stench was near overwhelming to their senses especially the keen elven nose. Taking a very dry piece horse dung an idea flickers in the mind of Wylnias, he'd give Adnil a slightly clever half smile. ''Alas an idea comes to mind...this dung is very dry it'll burn rapidly. The ash cools quicker than metal...with bare feet tread upon the ash until you feel something hot.''

The fire being her responsibility he'd only keep it from spreading, this he could do with ease as she kept the fire burning long enough. The clever smile that appears on Adnil's made her look almost childlike, as she said ''Fire is her special area...stand back.'' Wylnias simply looks at Adnil with an expression that spoke volumes, the first one being ''Fires hot...really?'' The second one being ''Shit comes out of a horses ass...I'd expect so.'' As the fire was lit magically with no surprise to Wynias he simply steps back, Adnil should have thought of this herself but he did wish to help her.

With the dust of horse dung still upon his gloved hands he just dusts them together, thus his gloves were free of such smelly stuff as could possible be at the moment. He was not one for small talk, if Adnil desired to talk she'd have to start a conversation with him, Wylnias certainly wasn't about too.
 
Last edited:
Ravi took second watch knowing the cleric would probably be next to useless in the dead of night. But taking second watch had always bothered him, he couldn't depend on someone who he didn't know. So it was just by chance that he happened to catch something moving near the stream, when he went to roll over. Quite alert at this point he cursed himself for the fire. It was like a beacon saying to highwaymen HEY, COME ROB US AND FUCK US OVER. But the best part was that the threat came from the streamside of camp. Everywhere else there laid fallen leaves, loud enough to wake him up. But the stream was the defense that was the flaw. how do you lay an alert trap on a stream? He couldn't think of one so he laid multiple traps one on top of the other to guard if anyone came from that way. With a small smile he kept one eye cracked as he began to snore loudly and obnoxiously.

The one eyed Lex licked his lips in anticipation of tasting the girls flesh along with the man's blood. He signaled his entire company, and with a war cry like no other, they began tearing toward Ravi and Ellyn. It took a split second before they realized their mistake. Stepping around what cover they had, the entire ground around the stream fell away and most of the entire group fell to the ground with broken ankles, knees and legs.
 
The Mage, the Elf, and burning horse shit!

Adnil adjusted her green and gold mage’s robe again. Wylnias was not the most talkative partners. Most of her questions she received a yes or no answer. After a bit she just gave up. She did however think about him … and concluded he was pretty special. His skills and knowledge level were well above a normal first time apprentice to a guild such as the Order of the Glaive. Finally she felt it was time to find the ring.

“Wylnias …” She said …. as she glanced down at her green slippers. She took them off and placed them in the grass. She looked up at the pile … “I think it is ready” she said. As she walked forward.

“I can’t thank you enough for this clever this idea …” she said as her feet went into the ash. A few seconds later she said “I feel something” She reached down and pulled up a small rock.

“Oops it’s a rock … I guess they can get hot too!” She said. “This might be a problem!” she moaned. But it was not as much of a problem. A metal ring would be very hot … the rocks were just not that hot. It still took over 20 mins, until she found the ring.

“WOW … here it is.” She said holding it up and showed it to the elf. It was covered in ash and dirt … but it looked like what Lady Fodson had described. Wylnias took the ring from her … cleaned it up. Adnil brought it back to Lady Fodson. Who was very excited that they had found it, and since it was close to lunch, invited them to eat with her. She did ask both of them to clean up beforehand … as they had a funny smell of burnt horse shit about them!

They washed up and went to the dining room, and ate nice lunch. Throughout lunch meal they made small talk with Lady Fodson, mostly where each had come from and how they got into the guild. Both Wylnias and Adnil polished over some rougher points of their stories. Lady Fodson paid them the fee plus a nice tip … as the two headed back to the guild.
 
Ladies first

Approaching the Guide Wylnias opened the door for Adnil with a sweep of his arm ''Ladies first.'' he said his head bowed slightly. Following her into the room the Dwarf sat behind a desk looking grumpy as ever. ''He does not appear to be very pleased about anything.'' Adnil approached him giving her account of her task to recover Lady Fodson's ring, the Dwarf took his ledger writing a notation. ''Took you long enough!''

It was now Wylnias turn to give his account of his task of driving the Troll away, a notation was quickly added. ''You were told not to kill it!'' The Dwarf slams the ledger irritatedly with glare. ''Well don't stand there like fools get to the Barracks!'' Both wanted to ask why they were treated as we'd failed at their given task, except they knew better than to question it they'd end up punished by cleaning the sewer.

''Yes Sir.'' Turning on they're heels Wylnias and Adnil walked to the door exiting quickly, she was surely livid with being treated this way he thought. While he didn't allow it to get to him being it's simply training. The trip to the Guild trainee barracks was a quick one for the two, Wylnias having to walk fast to keep up with Adnil this time.

Avoiding the door the frustrated Mage yanked open the Ranger entered, heading to the table on the left Wylnias takes a seat to relax. Adnil went the opposite direction more than likely still fuming, he knew she could not hold it any longer as the rant began in earnest.
 
Last edited:
Talking ... bad for you ... who knew?

“Well … my favorite dwarf … Master Hackgarth … is a …a … donkey turd!” Adnil said to Wylnias.

“He is not such a bad guy … you can learn a lot from someone of his experience. For example … he did not give us praise …because we are still learning … he wants to make us keep trying … so we get better.” Wylnias explained patiently to Adnil.

“Positive reinforcement works too” Adnil pointed out “We not only completed the tasks … but we earned a tip as well. and I don’t see any of the other apprentices back here either … so I don’t think we did all that badly. I think I’ll point that out to Mr. Grumpy Dwarf next time I see him!” Adnil added.

Wylnias looked over to her with some concern “Don’t correct him … He is our trainer … it under cuts his authority. And don’t call him grumpy dwarf either … you never know when he can hear you” Wylnias said.

Adnil huffed in exasperation … which was fun to watch if you like big breasts jiggling. “Ok” she agreed. Then she looked over to Wylnias, smiling at him “You know … I think I learned a lot from you this day! Thank you” She said.

“You’re Welcome …” he said sheepishly.

Then Taramalar came through the door. “How did you two do with your assignments?” the big centaur asked as he took off his backpack and threw it on his bunk. (Note the bunk was way too small for a centaur. Taramalar was going to sleep on the floor and use his bunk for storage).

“Completed … with a tip from the customer … but Grumpy Dwarf did not say anything else. What about you … how was the message delivery business?” Adnil asked.

Taramalar’s face got a little red “Ahh interesting … but completed with a tip added as well.” Adnil could tell there was a lot more to his story but he was not going to talk about it. So she asked another question.

“Do you know how everyone else is doing?” Adnil asked.

“No” Taramalar answered. “But I did get Ravi Zunich and Ellyn to their customer.”

“Grumpy Dwarf acted like we had been slow … but I think we were the first ones back.” Adnil pointed out with some pride “The guy is a donkey turd”

A gruff voice behind Adnil said “A donkey turd?”

“I warned you …!!” Wylnias said just shaking his head as Adnil turned around to see the master dwarf standing behind her a pipe hanging out of his mouth and some green tunics over his arm.

Adnil stood up right away. “I did not know you were there Master Hackgarth …” Adnil said humbly, but there was just no way out … she had been caught red handed. She straightened up. Standing at attention “Master Hackgarth, I apologize for calling you that name.”

The master dwarf wanted to slap the female mage in the head … but with her standing he could only reach her boobs. And he was not going to slap them. His face was angry … so he settled for a good ass chewing “Look you good for nothing Mage … one more remark calling me a TURD and you are OUT OF THIS GUILD!! Do you understand?”

“Yes Master Hackgarth” Adnil answered she was almost in tears.

“I’m also going to assign you extra duty!! … let’s see the sewers do need cleaning I want them cleaned by the evening meal!!” Master Hackgarth said.

“Yes Master Hackgarth” She replied.

The dwarf took a deep pull on his long smoking pipe. And blew the smoke into Adnil’s face. This seemed to calm him down a bit and caused Adnil to cough. He turned to face Wylnias, who was now standing.

“Even though you killed the mountain troll … when I asked you to scare it off …Welcome to the guild!” He shook Wylnias' hand and handed him a new green tunic with a gold trim. This tunic marked him as a member of the Order of the Glaive.

“Taramalar … well done on your task” The dwarf said shaking hands with the centaur and handing him another new green tunic. The dwarf turned back to Adnil.

“Mmmmm Lady Adnil … I don’t know … there is not much fighting involved in picking through horse shit …but a deal is a deal …I guess you earned your green tunic as well.” He grunted reluctantly. He gave her a torn strained green tunic. He shook hands with her … and blew more smoke into her face.

“Thank you, Master Hackgarth” Adnil said coughing again “I will make this guild proud … you watch …and may I point out that the magic school of the 5 candles … has determined that smoking is bad for you. It can cause health problems. You should really try to quit.”

The dwarf’s eyes narrowed getting ready to take back the green tunic. Wylnias nudged her … to remind her of her promise not correct the dwarf. Adnil turn to Wylnias to defend her actions “Wylnias … I know I promised … but I like Master Hackgarth … and I don’t want him to die from a smoking related illness.” Wylnias did not give one inch … he just stared at her.

Adnil huffed … again. She turned to the dwarf, who surprisingly had not blown his top yet and said “Master Hackgarth, I’m sorry forget I said anything about smoking.”

“Sewers cleaned by the evening meal!!” is all he said and walked out of the barracks.
 
Last edited:
First accepted into the guild
Whlnias shook Master Hagarth's broad hand with a bow of his head in respect, accepted the green Order of the Glaive tunic trimmed in gold. Removing his hooded cloak he laid it on the table, alongside it his bow and quiver. Now removing his green shirt cast it on the table as well, his lean well defined muscle moved fluidly under alabaster skin. Tugging the Guild tunic over his head, pulls his long platinum hair from the collar.

His ice blue eyes only held a deep sadness that was obvious to all, going about unbuckling his sword belt. Gathering his hooded cloak along with his weapons, he bows his head respectfully saying ''Good eve to all.'' Slowly making his way to his bunk he spread his cloak over it, stowing his weaponry and his traveling bag underneath it.

Sitting down wearily upon it with a deep sigh, he pulls off his Dun colored gloves and boots. Taking a thin leather cord ties his flowing hair back carefully, swinging his long legs around stretches out on the bunk arm covering his eyes. Crossing his legs he got as comfortable as he could, on a bunk like this it was not easy but he'd slept on worse.

Wylnias fell asleep but slept lightly always ready to defend himself, an unseen dagger was hidden in his long fingered hand. If anyone approached him in anyway he knew it, he'd listen with keen elven ears missing nothing. Dreaming the elven Goddesses and Gods, one day would grant him peace and a home once more.

Waking from a fitful nightmare filled sleep of maybe an hours time, he sat up swinging his legs off the bunk. Frowning he pulled his Dun colored leather boots on, standing he put his sword belt on, slinging his bow and quiver over his shoulder. Putting an elven incantation on the Dun leather traveling bag, if anyone attempted thievery they'd quickly forget what they were trying to purloin. He was thirsty and an tankard of Elven mead would taste good right about now, walking to Adnil's bunk Wylnias a simply encrypted note, he left it to ask if she'd enjoy a friendly drink with her Guild members.
 
Last edited:
Drinking with the boys

Adnil was talking to Merserr, Taramalar … what else was new the mage did a LOT of talking.

“This is awesome! I’m a guild member … Wylnias and I want to celebrate … I’ll buy the first round … which pub would Wylnias go to … the drunken unicorn? … or the thirsty wench?” Adnil asked.

Merserr had other things on his mind besides which pub the elf choose to drink in, like watching those lovely massive orbs of Adnil’s bouncing to and fro as she walked.

“The Thirsty Wench, … that would be his kind of place.” The lionman said.

Adnil smiled, “Sweet, it is the closest!” she said, all excited about drinking with the fella's.

“How did you clean the sewers so fast?” Taramalar asked.

Adnil tapped her head “Mages are clever…Magic can do wonderful things!” She said trying to be tricky an failing badly.

“No really … how did you do it?” Taramalar asked.

“I hired some help!” Adnil giggled. What she did not tell them is she went back to the troll treasure chest, took some gold for hiring the helpers, some spending cash, and hid the rest.

“Master Hackgarth was pretty pissed you finished so quickly.” Taramalar pointed out.

Seeing the state of Adnil’s tunic, Merserr added, “Why did Hackgarth give you that tunic? We all got new ones!” Adnil’s tunic was the only one not in pristine condition, and appeared at best to be a hand me down.

Taramalar chimed in, “Isn’t it obvious? She is clearly his favorite!" He joked and added "Though one might guess a few too many uh…corrections, may have bought that tunic. Can’t say I blame him, I wouldn’t like being righted all the time eith…” Taramalar, caught a look from Adnil that told him this avenue wasn’t the safest for him to travel down, “Well, I mean I wouldn’t like it either if a subordinate piped up with their two cents all the time. However, he didn’t have to give you something like that, these tunics are supposed to be a sign of respect and honor, it might not reflect well on the image of the guild.”

Adnil looked down at her tunic and took in all of the frayed and stained spots; she had a thoughtful look on her face as she surveyed the tunic.

Merserr moved over to her side, “If you would like you can wear mine, I really don’t mind wearing a tunic like that, while growing up I had gotten used to second hand items.”

Adnil looked at him with a bit of reproach, “So, you two think this tunic is unbecoming of me?” She stopped walking, and waited for the others to stop as well. Turning they both faced her. “Honestly I think you may just be jealous, those fresh and shiny tunics of yours are so clean, and mine so worn. Seems fitting, I’d hate for anyone to confuse you two with the rest of us who are actually out in the fray getting dirty. I’m quite fine with my tunic, and just as proud to wear it as any of you are. Last time I saw any of the seasoned guild members, none of their tunics bared the resemblance of never seeing combat like yours.”

Taramalar and Merserr were left speechless staring at Adnil. She straightened her tunic, composed herself, ready to move on, “If the two of you don’t mind closing your mouths and moving, I believe there are some drinks awaiting us.”

They walked to the Thirsty Wench, Adnil’s statement definitely had the effect that she was going for, and the two males had a new found respect for the sorceress. Taramalar and Merserr were starting to realize there may be more to her than just a pretty face.

At the Thirsty Wench, they spotted Wylnias at the bar. He was with a pretty female elf! Adnil wanted to go over to him … but Taramalar grabbed her shoulder, stopping her. “Leave him be for now … He’ll see us soon enough.” He said. Adnil figured out quickly this was a “male protocol” thing. Don’t interrupt another male with a female at a bar.

They found an empty table near one of the fire places. Adnil order a round of the house ale for all of them. The bar was only half full, and the only music being played was coming from a lone lute. That would all change later in the evening as there was music and dancing in this place. In the meantime the three sat and enjoyed their drinks.

Adnil was curious what the others tasks had been, “So what did you two have to do for the guild?”

Taramalar, polishing off his fourth ale, placed the tankard on the table, being a centaur he sat on the floor and took up one whole side of the table. Wiping his mouth he responded, “Well, I, (burp), was sent to drop off this message … Anyhow … then I needed to do what the person who got the message wanted” He said … Adnil could tell Taramalar was a little tipsy at this point. “Turns out … I drop the message off to a women … it was a love letter … anyhow” Taramalar’s face got pretty red at this point. “Anyhow I guess the letter said I was her present for the afternoon … and she kind of took advantage of me!”

Merserr said “What … you FUCKED her? You FUCKED your way in to the guild!”

Taramalar protested “NO … but she did ask for a back massage and I needed to clean her floors … and I picked up some heavy things at the market for her!”

Adnil giggled “I was picking my way through mountains of horse …waste … and you were giving back massages!”

Merserr looked at Adnil “Adnil you’re in the guild now … it is ok to call it horse shit!”

Adnil smiled like she was going to do something naughty “SHIT!” she said “And you, Merserr … what was your task … baking cookies?”

“I needed to scare off some goblins that had been ruining the crops. It was easy enough, turned out just to be about three or four of them, all about 4 feet tall … One look at me and they started running. Yelled at them to not come back, and the way they nearly shit themselves upon seeing me, I doubt they will. Gave the farmer a convincing tale of battle, he seemed to be pleased.” Merserr explained ending with a sip of his ale.

Adnil shook her head “Well … with your claws and that big sword … you scared me in the waiting room of the guild when we first met. Your appearance says “I’m all kinds of trouble … don’t bother me!” Merserr took Adnil statement as a compliment.

Wylnias, stop showing women your BIG sword!

The female elf’s name was Demil; she had been talking to Wylnias at the bar. When she walked up to him, Wylnias could not help but take note of her body, she was barely taller than his shoulders with a sleek athletic body, a fighter’s build, and every inch of her seemed to be firm. She had gotten closer to him as they sat together talking; when he placed his hand on her arm she had made no objections.

Then Demil took notice of Wylnias’ sword, the one Adnil had given to him from the troll cave.

“That is a pretty fabulous piece of weaponry you have there. You must be well traveled.”

Wylnias took a drink of his beer, thinking to himself what an amazing body she had, exquisite! She wore a leather corset like vest that tied up the center, extenuating her firm perky breasts, her leather skirt barely extended to her upper thigh. She had brown boots that came up just below her knees, her thighs were exposed. On her arms she had dark brown bracers that covered her forearms, forged from a material Wylnias could not quite place. Her hair was blond, but so fair to the point it more resembled snow, and it was in a single braid. She was very sexy … but he did not like her question.

“And why must I be well traveled?” Wylnias asked

Demil gave a small laugh, “To have such as weapon, even unsheathed I can sense it bares great power. Not something a greenhorn would have handy. Would you mine showing it to me?” She asked.

“I don’t know, are you sure you can handle such a sword?” Wylnias smirked as he said it, normally he was not one to flirt much, but he was captivated by her looks, and the alcohol was proving to be a spring of courage.

“Oh, believe me hun, I am quite capable of handling all types of swords, and all sizes.” She gave a bit of purr at the end and moved closer to him, placing a hand on his chest.

Wylnias pulled the sword from its sheath gave it a few twists and movements for shown and then presented it to Demil. Demil grasped the sword firmly and felt the power from it, she sensed the magic that had been imbued into the blade. She gave a few slashes with it and then handed it back to Wylnias complementing him on possessing such a fine sword.

Wylnias had noticed the other guild members ... he needed to decide ... take her over to them ... or go home with her?
 
Ye ole tavern

''Many thanks Demil...you have a good eye for blades...you handle it well also.'' Sheathing the blade into the scabbards leather, it whispers against it's surface the hilt clicks home. "You're very welcome Wylnias...it's quite easy to compliment you.'' She purrs the last six words as she said it, Demil had a voice a male could barely resist. Wylnias issues with his past he kept hidden, this always got in the way of a love life.

Wlynias had been enjoying his conversation with Demil, she was beautiful but his interest wasn't in bedding the woman. Watching her handle the magic imbued sword was very impressive, she would have made a very good Ranger. Unfortunately his days as one was sadly over for him, still guarded even though three big flagons of elven mead relaxed him.

But when Demil drew close to him placing her slender hand upon his chest, Wylnias began to feel uneasy with the intimacy of the lovely Elves gesture and moves away slightly. It wasn't much but his Elves noticed subtitles many races would not, Demil certainly noticed this without proceeding to press the issue further. "A friend found this weapon among others...she took her preference of equally well made daggers...offering me the sword.''

Demil hung on his words as she had been without the obvious intimate closeness, to Wylnias great relief as he certainly wasn't willing to let anyone in even a beautiful Elven warrior. Noticing Taramalar, Merserr and Adnil enter he nodded respectfully in acknowledgment. ''My fellow Guild members have arrived...would you like to meet them Demil? She smiles as curiosity in the company Whynias kept, would light her green eyes till they twinkled. ''Certainly Wylnias...it would definitely be an honor to meet your fellow Guild members.''

With that said the two Elves rise to their feet, taking their flagons along with them to the others table. ''Fair greetings my fellow Guild members...Demil this is Adnil..Taramalar..and Merserr. Everyone meet Demil a new found friend.'' Wylnias pulls out Demil's chair for her to be seated comfortably, then he pulls up a chair seating himself beside Adnil bookend between the women. ''Pleasure to meet you Adnil..Taramalar..Merserr. Congratulations on becoming Order of the Glaive guild.'' Offering her hand to each of them in a friendly handshake, in turn Adnil Taramalar and Merserr shook Demil's hand with a grin.

Wylnia motions to a saucy redheaded barmaid to bring refills for everyone on him, she winks and grins at him sashaying away to return with pitchers to refill each drink. ''Anything else Wyly?'' Wylnias got a look from Adnil and mischievous grins from Demil Taramalar and Merserr. Wylnias gazes questioningly from face to face. ''Not at the moment...many thanks Rose'' With another wink and a grin she sashays off to her duties. ''What?'' Wylnias was actually clueless why they looked at him in this manner.
 
Last edited:
Adnil gets catty ... but there is a lionman at the table

Adnil like Wylnias, but thought he was somewhat “off limits”. Being a fellow guild member and a friend and he had acted a bit aloof when they first met. But his comments to the barmaid, and the presents of the “hot” elf chick were adjusting his status in her mind. She decided to explore her options in this area.

“Wylnias … really … she is a little bit too human for you” Adnil commented, hoping to get him to reply but Merserr did not allow Wylnias to reply. He sensed Adnil being catty and decided to end this line of conversation quickly. Besides he wanted Adnil to look at him not the handsome elf.

“Adnil explained how your task went. Well done!” The lionman complimented, cutting off Adnil’s statement. But Adnil would not give up that quickly.

“Oh and Merserr also told us … that Grag Trannyth did not complete his task … he is in the stockade … something about punching a city watch guard. Nero Forgedawn has not returned yet either.” Adnil said, and then she turned to Demil and questioned her directly.

“So what do you do … besides flirting with handsome order of the glaive guild members?” Adnil ask Demil directly.

“Ok … Adnil … you need to dance” Taramalar said getting up and pulling Adnil to her feet. The dancing music had started while everyone had been talking.

"I have never danced with a centaur before” She said to him trying to put him off gently.

“Then we should dance … you can cross that off the list of things you have never done.” He said smiling.

“You are just “horsing” around aren’t you?” She said trying to make a funny pun.

“No … It is the least I can do … after kicking you.” He said and dragged her to the dance floor still …grinning.

“I hope he does not misstep” Merserr said “she’ll be sure to correct him!”

Demil had remained quiet through all this, but as the busty human mage walked away she answered her question for those still at the table.

She smiled at Wylnias “I think Adnil kind of likes you … she seems jealous of me. But to answer her question, I’m a fighter and can be hired out for various jobs. Presently I’m working with a trading company guarding caravans headed to the port city of Haar. It is dangerous work … and I’m always on the lookout for improvements to my weapons. And I could not help and notice Wylnias’ fine blade!!” She said grinning ear to ear.

Meanwhile on the dance floor.

There was not too many people dancing … but that was good for the centaur … Both the centaur and Adnil were good dancers … and Adnil was fun to watch … as she swayed her hips and lifted her hands above her head, and started to dance in front of the horseman.

Even with the tunic on … Taramalar could see the swaying of her massive chest as bugles under the tunic. Most women in this position with the hands above their heads … their breasts would not been seen, but not Adnil. This only emphasized the size of her scrumptious milk jugs.

He smiled at these thoughts and she exchanged the smile with him. Stepping closer, his hands joining hers above her head. He grabbed her hands and brought them slowly to his shoulder and his waist. They began to dance a more normal waltz … a bit more noble, than a common dance, but not out of place for this pub.

Adnil of coarse was skilled at dancing … but she was not correcting him … she was just enjoying herself. “You are a good dancer, Taramalar!” she said then she whispered to him “usually … they said if a man is good at dancing he is good in bed …is that true for a centaur too??”

Taramalar was not going to answer that question. The music picked up more and the two started to dance faster. Adnil focused on dancing with the centaur. As it turned out, it was pretty easy. You just need to stay clear of his horse back end. Several people watched as the two danced … most looking at Taramalar as his four horse legs all moved in time with the music. He seemed to enjoy putting on a show and at the climax of the song, he grabbed Adnil and tossed her in the air … spinning her around. As the song ended, there was clapping from a few of the watchers. Taramalar gave a small bow to those watching. Adnil jabbed him in his ribs.

She whispered to him “Oh quit being the centaur of attention!”

He just groaned at her silly pun and they headed back to their table. They passed two gruff looking humans in the drinking area and one of them said “Well … I guess she likes her man … hung like a horse!” The other guy laughed and said “I wonder if she “rides” him!” there was more laughing.

Taramalar was getting pissed off. But Adnil said “just ignore them … they are drunk … come on … I have never danced with a lionman either!”
 
Wylnias introduces Demil

Whylias could only grin shaking his head at Adnil's good natured yet catty overtone, inclining his head with respect for the big Feline. ''Many thanks Merserr...well done to you as well Sir Lion.'' As Demil stated she thought Adnil kind of likes you, and seemed jealous of her, he raises a brow seriously doubling the validity of such a thing. ''I have to say I doubt the validity of this...she's only a friend and Guild member to me.''

A quiet sigh of relief was heard from Merserr, Demil and Wylnias glanced knowingly at each other over this. ''Go on you big fellow strike while the irons hot.'' Merserr blinks his big slit pupil eyes realizing what was said to him, with a slow catlike grin he literally pounces from the chair to dance with Adnil. Lifting his flagon of elven mead with the equivalent of a male giggle, before he could even take a drink Demil grabs Wylnias by the arm to dance. ''Don't even think about denying a an elven girl a dance Sir.''

Putting his flagon down it wobbled without spilling on the table, a elven jig began as they reached the dancing area. ''I certainly would never deny an elven girl a dance Miss.'' Now everyone would get to see how it's done elven style, Wylnias and Demil definitely put on a show of quick elven footwork, grace and enthusiasm. They circled, jumped, spun, and twirled with the music, as the tempo increased so did they the other patrons began to clap. Faster and faster the music went on without the elves tiring, as the music reached it's crescendo Demil leaps upon Wylnias right shoulder with her arms spread wide.

Turning in a slow circle with a twinkling eyed smile to everyone, inclining their head with respect to all. Demil lighty dismounted Wlynias shoulder bowing hand in hand, very lighting bounding back to the table laughing fell into their seats. Both taking their flagons to clank together taking a long drink of the elven mead. ''I haven't done a true elven Jig in 15 years!...I'd forgotten what fun it really is...I thank you.''
 
Last edited:
Adnil had enjoyed her dance with Taramalar. As they returned to their table, Merserr grabbed her … and took her back to the dance floor. She had a chance to look more closely at him … his great mane and lion face was stern but handsome. His great golden mane melted into his burly, tawny-furred human body. He had a few scars on his arms …but his frame was broad, and sturdy. His lion tail had a small tufted of golden fur at the end. He certainly looked like the king of the beasts!

The big lion-man said “dancing is not my thing … I never know how I should hold my tail … my clawed feet scratch the floor …” But he turned out to be a good dancer as well. As they danced, Wlynias and Demil took to the floor and kind of took over. But it was so much fun to watch Adnil and Merserr did not mind.

Behind them … unnoticed was Nero. He whispered something to the table of rude humans and then handed them some coins. He then walked up behind Adnil and tapped her on the shoulder.

Adnil turned around … and the first thing she noticed was Nero was not wearing the green tunic of order of the glaive guild. She guessed he had not passed the first task, but asked anyhow

“Hey Nero … well met” She said over the music … Hugging him.

“Did you pass your task?” She asked. Nero did not answer right away … his face showing some great calculation being done.

“Oh yes … needed to slay a small dragon that had moved into a farmer’s barn.” He sad

“A DRAGON!” Adnil exclaimed in shock. “That is amazing … I’m impressed!”

Nero looked at Adnil …. And let his eyes wander over the flawless, buxom, tanned body of the young mage, stunned by the juxtaposition of such heavy breasts hanging boldly above such a perfectly tapered waist. He smiled a creepy kind of smile and spread his arms apart “Thanks …it was nothing … but how about another congratulatory hug” He suggested. Adnil was a bit too drunk to see what the creep was doing … and gave him a big hug … “Congratulations!” She said as Nero’s hand rubbed her back …sliding along her sides … Adnil tried to pull back … but Nero held her making the hug last longer … his hands slipped along the sides of her big breasts …as he groped her … he whispered to her “you feel nice”

“HEY … knock it off” Adnil said as she pushed herself free. Merserr was there too. “Hey Nero … behave yourself.” He growled.

Nero looked at the lionman and frowned … as the elves completed the dance and headed back to the table. “Shall we return to the table?” He suggested.

They all got back to the table taking their seats. Merserr and Adnil congratulated the elves on their skillful dance. Nero did not sit down yet and while the other congratulated the elves ... a group of gruff humans appeared all around them. There were at least 8 of them, these were the same guys at had been making jokes about Taramalar.

“You half breeds … had gone too far … showing off in our pub!” One of them said. Another adding “We don’t like fairy elves!” “OR PUSSIES …” another said to Merserr.

Merserr wasn’t going to put up with this “Ok … guys we don’t want trouble … but you had better BACK OFF!” He said. “I think he is just kitten, me-ow.” Another said making a stupid joke. That did it … Merserr stood up to tell the guys to shut up; when one of them looked him in the face and said “I think you are a pusssssssy!” That did it … Merserr slugged the guy sending him sprawling.

The other human grabbed a chair and throw it at Merserr … but the lionman ducked … but the chair hit Demil knocking her over. Two humans pulled knives and approach Taramalar … just as he was trying to stand up … knocking the 1000 lb centaur to the ground. The table, drinks, and people all went flying in different directions.

Nero, standing behind Adnil poured something on a rag and put this over her mouth …as she was getting up. In seconds she was out … and he was dragging her away from the bar room brawl. A BIG rapist grin on his face.
 
Tavern brawl

Drawing his new sword as he stood Wylnias quickly, pounds two ruffians unconscious with the hilt of the glowing sword. Demil kick flips to her feet instantly, spinning she roundhouse kicked a ruffian head over heels. Meserr was all claws and growling fury, as he drove two into the wall with his broad shoulders. A leap over the fallen scum he grabs Taramalar's arm helping him to his hooves.

With a full out sprint Wylnias drove Nero away from Adnil, a two handed grip on the sword Adnil gave him. He stikes Nero with the flat of the blade, energy pulsed from the blade and drops Nero to his knees. Demil got to Adnil swiftly drags her a safe distance, pulling a vial from her corseted vest opening it for Adnil to inhale and awake.

Taramalar grabs a ruffian up off the floor, with a hammer fist drove him hard into the floor as he kicks another out the window. Adnil stood unsteadily to her feet but wide awake she mutters an spell, a light surrounded Nero as he was bashed between the ceiling and the floor thrice. Demil does a cartwheel catching the last ruffians head between her legs, swinging her body like a pendulum hurls the man into a post.

''Wlynias grabs Nero up by his collar ice blue eyes were cold, holding him before Adnil with his toes barely touching the floor. ''Do what you will Lady Adnil to the piece of shit!' Everyone closed ranks about Adnil, all waiting to hear her choice of punishment he deserves. ''She should do what I warned you Nero and that's rot what little manhood you actually have off!'' Any kindness in Wylnias voice now gone, replaced with a tone as cold as a tomb.
 
Last edited:
Adnil was still trying to awaken her mind from the sleep spell Nero had put her under. When the group asked her what to do to Nero, “Keep it simple Adnil” she said to herself. She look at Nero and saw no remorse … only evil.

Nero looked back at her “you’d better not do anything to me … or Silver Cloak will not be happy” Adnil smiled “tell him hi from me …” and she hit Nero as hard as she could in the face. There was a “cracking” noise as his nose was broken. He grunted in pain and then she kicked him as hard as she could in his balls!! All of the males watching had a grimace on their faces when her booted foot made impact. Taramalar actually crossed his hind legs a bit … thinking about how bad that was going to hurt.

“Don’t bother me AGAIN … DONKEY TURD” Adnil said still shaking a bit.

The owner of the bar had come over “Hey … who is going to pay for all this damage?” He asked.

“Here … this should cover it …” Adnil said handed him 5 gold pieces, which was more than the damages “But we did not start it. It was this evil shit” pointing to Nero. Everyone else agreed. The humans which might have disagreed were all disabled. Wlynias handed the bleed Nero to the Bar owner. “Let’s go” Adnil suggested and everyone walked out of the bar.

Demil gave Wlynias a kiss on the cheek. “You are a fun guy … I’ll be in town for the next week. Come by the Gorgon Fighter’s guild … I’ll spar with you … in more ways than one!”

Adnil, Taramalar, Merserr, and Wlynias all walked back to the barracks. They were all pretty tired so they went to bed quickly. Adnil decided to switch bunks and take Nero’s now that she knew he was no longer in the guild.
 
The aftermath

Wylnias was glad to see Adnil break the slimy worm Nero's nose, when she booted him in the balls it was even better. When Demil kissed him on the cheek telling him ''You are a fun guy...I'll be in town for the next week. Come by the Gordon Fighters guild...I'll spar with you...in more ways than one!''

Wylnias didn't really like the sound of ''In more ways than one.'' Demil was good company and beautiful as well, but she seemed more interested in the sword than him. ''Many thanks for the compliment...I will possibly won't be able too make it.'' Demil obviously didn't want to hear this, but Wylnias wasn't ready to get involved with anyone.

Wylnias shook Demil's hand inclining his head respectfully ''Good eve Demil...I enjoyed tonight. Maybe we'll run into each other before you go.'' With that said he trotted off to catch up with his guild mates, as we entered the barracks Adnil took Nero's old bunk. Wylnias bunk was right beside Adnil's, he sat on his bunk removes his sword belt and boots. Removing his guild tunic he stretches out, drawing the worn blanket over himself.

Before he closes his eyes Adnil gave him a sleepy smile, Wylnias would return the smile with one of his own. ''Sleep well Adnil...to all as well.'' Closing his eyes the elven ale sent him into a deep sleep, he began to snore softly as he dreams of Adnil and Demil. Nice and warm in his bunk he snuggles into it, in his dream the two women were cuddled up against him.
 
Last edited:
Morning arrived too quickly for Wylnias as his dream of two women fighting over him in bed … was frankly … fabulous!! As his eyes opened he found Merserr nudging Adnil awake and Taramalar entering the barracks holding meat, bread, fruit and cheese.

“Good morning everyone … I brought some breakfast” the big war centaur said with a smile. He handed some of the meat to Merserr “thanks for saving my flank last night from those daggers … a bit unsporting of those fellows to pull knives during a bar fight” He said.

Merserr took the meat and complimented Taramalar “Well … that was a nice smash one guy to the floor and kick another out the window move … I don’t think the human that went out the window is up today … not after one of your kicks.”

Adnil grabbed some cheese “Wylnias took out three himself and rescued me” she said looking at the elf … "You know except for me … getting drugged … you order of glaive members fight pretty good as a team” Adnil observed.

“Oh, I don’t think you did so bad once you were awake … Nero was bounced up and down like a kid’s kick ball” Merserr pointed out, but Taramalar added “Don’t mention kick ball around her … I think she kick Nero’s balls so hard they came out his mouth!!” Everyone laughed at that joke.

Everyone ate … and headed over to Master Hackgarth. As they approached the door to his small office, they could smell pipe smoke. Everyone told Adnil … not to say anything about the dwarf’s smoking.

They opened the door and the dwarf did not even look up from his papers. He just puffed on his pipe looking over his list of assignments. Adnil did not say anything about his smoking …

Finally he looked up “Ahhhh, I see you are all well rested. I heard about the bar fight last night. Normally I would have given you all extra duty for a week! However, from witness statements and the bar owners big thank you … you all have made a positive impression. Witnesses claim you were greatly outnumbered and yet quickly defeated the attackers. Additionally, the owner said you paid for the damages even though you did not start the fight. Finally, one of you is a very good dancer and the owner wished to hire that person for performances.” The dwarf said looking at Wylnias. “I told him … no moonlighting until he became a more senior guild member.” The dwarf said.

Then he looked to Adnil “I asked if any member corrected him … or told him how to run his business … or set his drink prices and was surprised to find …NO ONE HAD!!” The dwarf said. “One of the witnesses was so impress they want to hire the guild for a special guard assignment.”

“So today there are two assignments … I don’t care if you go as a group of split up to do these … but for the first one, Lady Adnil is required. A wizard named Percival Albus has lost his cat … probably stuck in a tree or something … go to the 5 elements school of enchantment and meet up with him!” he grinned at Lady Adnil.

“The other one … and since you all handled the bar fight so well … There have been complaints about those wizards, Andolyn and Gendrew, who live on the edge of town. They're brewing up something strange," He said. "A neighbor asked the guild to look into their cottage … he said the foulest stench yet was coming out of the chimney. They're up to no good, I reckon." The dwarf concluded smiling at all of them. “Good hunting … NOW GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!” he yelled. They all left and closed the door. “Who wants to go with me to find the cat, or shall we do both tasks as a group?” Adnil said.

Taramalar grunted “Finding a cat? … isn’t that a pretty stupid task?”

Adnil was trying not to show it but she was almost in tears “I … I guess he does not have much confidence in my abilities yet” she said.
 
New day new orders

Wylnias swung his long legs over the side of his bunk, still shirtless he stretches his arms out to each side. Sat on the edge took bread meat cheese and wedge of an apple. ''Good morn... many thanks Taramalar.'' With a sleepy grin Wylnias chuckles as the guys were humorously commenting on the tavern fight. ''Many thanks Adnil...but Demil took out two ruffians without any weapons. She dragged you to safety...also used her new quick acting potion to wake you. She deserves a little praise as well.''

With that said Wylnias broke his fast slowly eating, Tamalar had also brought a skin of mild black berry wine. Lifting it up the elf squirts a mouthful into his mouth, and handed Adnil the wine skin with a smile. She was cute with bed head in the morning, as he thought that his mind went back to his dream. His face grew flushed for a moment, as he had to make a readjust of himself in his breeches.

Reaching for his green gold trimmed Glaive tunic, pulling it over his head he slid his arms into the sleeves. Leaving the laces of the neck loose as it was a warm morning. Pulling on his dun colored leather boots, taking up his sword belt he stood. Tucks his dun colored leather gloves under the sword belt, before he cinches the buckle up. Lifting his bow and quiver slinging it across his right shoulder, slinging his elven willow leaf longsword over the left shoulder as well. Removing leather cord from his long platinum hair, runs his fingers through it he ties it back with the cord again.

Wylnias joins Adnil Tamalar and Merserr as they left to report in with Master Hackgarth, stepping into what could only be considered an office finding him smoking his pipe. They form up into a line standing shoulder to shoulder, as they were addressed everyone was listening without a word, except for ''Yes Sir.'' when he gave them their orders. As they were dismissed out the door they went, Adnil then asked Who wants to go with me to find a cat, or shall we do both tasks as a group?

Tamalar states ''Finding a cat?...isn't that a stupid task?'' Seeing Adnil was almost in tears Wylnias reaches out, taking her hand in his it a comforting squeeze. ''It could be the Wizards familiar...they can be dangerously tricky.'' Looking from Adnil's face to Tamalars to Merserrs awaiting their answers, looking them all in the eye his pale blue eyes impassive as ever ''I suggest we all go as a group...being Adnil is the Mage amongst us. We're dealing with two Wizards..what say ye all?''
 
Last edited:
Adnil felt better after Wylnias’comment. It was not a simple pet cat … it was a Wizard’s familiar! Why had she not come up with that thought? She looked at Wylnias again. He was ready for today’s activities, dressed as an adventurer, but his face also wore experience on it. He was ready mentally as well as physically.

She looked over at Taramalar, he also wore his tunic, but under it was some sturdy leather armor on his human half … on the outside his bow and arrow quiver on his back. Around his waist was a thick belt at held his cavalry sword. His equine half held some bags for traveling … His bearded face held the same experience as Wlynias.

She knew the lionman, Merserr face also contained the same practiced, confident, know-how that the other had. His great mane and lion face was stern, with a “don’t mess with me” look on it. His green tunic bugled from his muscle under it. But also he had a chainmail shirt on. He had a more simple belt, but it held the biggest of the swords. A great broadsword. He wore leather armor leggings with heavy boots. His lion’s tail stuck out the back, and waved around to enhance his balance.

She glanced down at her outfit again. She was dressed in more appropriate clothing today. Her brunette hair tied back in a ponytail. She had on her skin tight leather pants that hugged her sexy hips; around her slim waist was a thick utility belt to hang her spell components and her two new cleaned silver daggers. Her top was the green tunic of the guild, with some repairs made to some of the holes. Under the tunic, she had a vest to contain her large chest, and not seen, hanging from her neck, the green magical gem. On her feet, brown skinned traveling boots, instead of the slippers from yesterday. What she missed was a face full confidence and experience, like the others.

She decided this was a practiced look and she needed to acquire it. Her face grew serious. “I believe Wlynias has an excellent suggestion, I would like to reinforce it” She said in a deeper more serious voice.

Everyone looked at her, eye brows raised. Taramalar asked “what happen to Adnil our fun loving innocent mage?”

“She is still available … only after the task is complete … at the pub” Adnil said her chin raised.

“Mmm, ok” Taramalar said “Let’s go to the wizard’s cottage first … it is closer than the magic school.”

The cottage of Andolyn and Gendrew was only about a quarter-mile outside town. It was a small, unassuming structure nestled in a grove of maple trees.

“I think that is the place” Taramalar said to everyone pointing at the cottage. “Does not look too dangerous. No bad smells either”

Adnil said in her serious voice “I lead from here … this involves magic. Everyone stay behind me” She said as she pulled her outfit straight and walked forward.

Taramalar leaned over to Wlynias and whispered “I thought magic users should always stay in the back … and the fighters should lead?”

Wlynias smiled and gave him a knowing shrug. “Some people need to learn from experience … let’s just hope she is not killed”

They walked up to the front door with caution. Nothing happened or seemed out of the ordinary. Adnil knocked at the door, there was no answer. She tried the door and it opened. They entered carefully. They stood in a cozy room with a large sofa and an overstuffed chair facing the fireplace in one corner. A small reading table was next to a window. A book was on the table … lying open as if placed down while reading it. Archways marked the way to the dining room and the hallway on the other side of the room.

“Hello … anyone home?” Adnil asked. There was no answer. “Stay here this could be dangerous” Adnil said …as she walked over to the book, thinking it might be a clue. She reached down to look more closely at the book and the book sprang to life … It slammed shut and flew at Adnil hitting her in the chest (lucky for her …her large breasts provided plenty of cushion) “UGHH” she said as she was knocked over … then the book flew directly at Wlynias!
 
Furnishings attack

After Adnils comment he tried not to chuckle at his buxom friends comment and new found demeanor. Wlylnias grins at Taramalars quip replying in a low voice Adnil wouldn't hear, giving him a knowing shrug. “Some people need to learn from experience…let’s just hope she is not killed” Inwardly Wylnias didn't like the very thought of it, he couldn't loose another friend even if he barely knew Adnil.

Drawing his magical elven blade she'd offered to him back in the Trolls cave, the runes on it's hilt would appeared to move in the light. It pulsed with power in his hand as if it did actually have a heartbeat, this had to be because of the Wizards magic was still at work. Stepping through the door warily his guard was up, seeing the book literally came to life hitting Adnil hard in the chest.

Wylnias dropped into a fighters crouching stride, ice blue eyes showing a focus he was know for in other lands. As the book hurtles his way he struck with speed and accuracy, the blade literally hums as it clove the book in two. A scream echoes from each of it's pages as they were cut free from it's spine, they blackened turning to ash as they flutter to the floor around him. ''Beware the furnishings are alive!''

Taramalar and Merserr heard the warning that was voiced quietly but clearly, Calvary sword and Broadsword were drawn with menacing whispers of steel. They enter the cottage Taramalar had to duck to get through the doorway, Merserr had to turn sideways to get his muscular body through it as well. The two warriors cast wary glances around the room for living furnishings, Merserrs tale brushed again two foot wolf statue and it leaps growling at him. Tramalars human looking half being so tall his head bumps a chandelier, the curled metal rods that held the candles writhed like snakes and struck at him.

Both of them move in unison as quickly as the objects, with precise great power their weapons struck. Merserr connects with the wolf statue it exploded with a long howl, Tramalar connects with the snakes with a poisonous hissing. The four guild members look at one another with what the hell expressions, everyone froze in place careful not to touch anything if they could help it. ''Do not touch anything!'' Was Adnils brilliant understatement to them, the males couldn't help but grin and as one spoke. ''You think?''

She just rolls her eyes with a muttering under her breath just seven words ''Men!...can't live without them...they think!'' again as one they answer with a frown on their faces ''Hey!...we heard that!'' With a sheepish little grin she shrugs and says ''Uhhh...Oops?'' Wylnias steps to her side thankfully their wasn't an oriental carpet with Dragons on it. ''You're the magic extraordinaire...what now Adnil?''
 
Last edited:
Back
Top