Hi! I'm new here and need some advice!

ameliajax

Really Experienced
Hi! I've been reading this site for years, and have just recently gotten up the nerve to start publishing. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm nervous that no one will read what I'm writing. Or that they will, and they'll hate it. Anyone want to throw out some words of encouragement?

I'm also writing a blog, telling my "life story" or part of my life's story, and how I came to discover I am a submissive. Or at least a part time submissive. I can't tell if there is anywhere to post links to a personal (very personal!) blog, but I figured I may as well start here. Are there any rules against that? I swear, I'm not selling anything, it's just a memoir, that I'm hoping to turn into a book some day, if I can get it to all come out right.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:

http://bloodmoonmemoirs.blogspot.com/

Wish me luck, and happy writing everyone!

Hey good luck!

You'll certainly get people reading your story, this is a really good site for downloads. It's nerve-wracking watching the ratings and waiting for comments. There will probably be a mix in the ratings, some may say it's not their thing and rate it low while others give it the high 5. And 3 is still a good rating. You might get perfect 5s too, who knows. If you never try, you can always say: I coulda been a contender, it takes courage to put your stuff up and give it a go.

I have a blogpost about e publishing here if you're interested.

I find it helps to remind myself that anyone who takes the trouble to comment on my work must have liked it at least enough to put effort into tapping the keys. It can be easy to take any negative comments and use them to add to your own lack of self-confidence. It's important to treat negative comments only as helpful potential hints for where you can improve and only take the positive comments into your soul.

Put a link for your stories on Literotica into your signature, then people here can go there easily and read them for you and give you feedback.

Oh, and if you post in AH, it's lots of fun but there is some rough stuff so take care of your sweet self. If anyone's answer looks a bit weird, that'll be because they are weird! There are some highly intelligent trolls in here.

Final word of warning, you do NOT have to post nude pictures in here to take part! ROFL. (He's very sweet really but he does try it on.)

:heart:

Thanks Naoko!

Um ... did I also mention I am severely technically challenged? How does one go about attaching a link of their work to their name here?

And what's AH? I posted in the BDSM group, but it didn't seem TOO scary. :)

And thanks for the warnings! I was just going through all of my nude photos trying to figure which one casts me in the best light. Crisis averted! Phew!

And why does it say I'm a virgin under my name? Talk about false advertising ...

Hi! I've been reading this site for years, and have just recently gotten up the nerve to start publishing. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm nervous that no one will read what I'm writing. Or that they will, and they'll hate it. Anyone want to throw out some words of encouragement?

I'm also writing a blog, telling my "life story" or part of my life's story, and how I came to discover I am a submissive. Or at least a part time submissive. I can't tell if there is anywhere to post links to a personal (very personal!) blog, but I figured I may as well start here. Are there any rules against that? I swear, I'm not selling anything, it's just a memoir, that I'm hoping to turn into a book some day, if I can get it to all come out right.

Here's the link, if anyone is interested:

http://bloodmoonmemoirs.blogspot.com/

Wish me luck, and happy writing everyone!

Always remember! The only traits all people share are cowardice and stupidity. Everyone in Washington and Wall Street are Harvard Brainiacs, and theyve fucked up America beyond fixing.

I read your blog.

Its better writing than most of the stories posted at LIT or anywhere else.

Girls like bad boys for the same reason boys like bad boys, everyone wishes they had a little lead in their pencil. But bad boys know that the lead ages you quickly, and kills you sooner than a belly fulla milktoast.

Girls like bad boys for the same reason boys like bad boys, everyone wishes they had a little lead in their pencil. But bad boys know that the lead ages you quickly, and kills you sooner than a belly fulla milktoast.

Were you up late doing mind-altering drugs again, JBJ? Random, but so true.

ameliajax - Welcome to the other side of Lit. Naoko gives sound advice, so if you take it, you're sure to be on your way. And the comment that JBJ made on your blog post is the kindest thing I've ever seen him say about someone's writing on this site. That should be encouraging.

Please check in and let us know when your story has posted.
Good luck, dear. :rose:

Welcome to the club. Has anyone shown you the secret handshake yet? (Hint--there's only one hand involved). Advice? Write the story you want to write, run it past an editor so you get the benefit of an extra pair of eyes to spot typos and other errors, and then don't expect an enormous amount of critical feedback. Don't live or die by your scores; just have fun. Good luck.

Were you up late doing mind-altering drugs again, JBJ? Random, but so true.

ameliajax - Welcome to the other side of Lit. Naoko gives sound advice, so if you take it, you're sure to be on your way. And the comment that JBJ made on your blog post is the kindest thing I've ever seen him say about someone's writing on this site. That should be encouraging.

Please check in and let us know when your story has posted.
Good luck, dear. :rose:

Most of the time the rocks in my skull tumble about like my head was a kaleidoscope on Fast Forward, or one of those commercial bed sheet dryers. It sometimes helps when I jamb a pencil into my ear, and stop the action.

Thanks Naoko!

Um ... did I also mention I am severely technically challenged? How does one go about attaching a link of their work to their name here?

And thanks for the warnings! I was just going through all of my nude photos trying to figure which one casts me in the best light. Crisis averted! Phew!
Follow the instructions in the User CP link. It's the left link on the task bar. "Edit Signature" is the one you want.

A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.

First, hi and welcome! :D

Thanks Naoko!

Follow the instructions in the User CP link. It's the left link on the task bar. "Edit Signature" is the one you want.

A welcome :kiss: for the little newbie from the good little witch.

To add to what glynndah said:

1. Go to your profile on the Lit site where it lists your stories. Copy that web address then head back to the forum.

2. Go to your User CP up there on the left.

3. Click on "Edit Signature" in the left navigation. It's the first one.

4. To add a link to your signature, you'll need to use some BB code. For just a simple link to your stories, use this:
[ url]YOUR COPIED HTTP HERE[ /url]

To make it a little more custom, use this:

[ url=YOUR COPIED HTTP HERE] CHOOSE YOUR TEXT [ /url]

5. Click preview to make sure it looks good to you, then click save.

Some other codes to fancy it up a bit:

[ b]BOLD[/b]
[ i]ITALIC[/i]
[ u]UNDERLINE[/u]
[color=your color]COLOR[/color] -- change YOUR COLOR with red, blue, green... whatever
[ center]CENTER ALIGN[/center]
[ right]RIGHT ALIGN[/right]
[ size=X]FONT SIZE[/size] --- change X to a number. 1 is very small, 10 is very large.

I hope that was helpful and not techno-overload. You can look around at the different signatures at the bottoms of posts to see pretty much all of those tags in use in some way. :)

Edit: This is why I say to preview it. I didn't and had to edit my post. When you use the code tags, don't put the space within the brackets.

Last edited:
There are scores??? I didn't realize there were scores!!!!! Fuck!

I just thought maybe you'd get a comment or two ... but scores???

I'm hoping to post Part 1 of something I'm working on in the next few days. My friend described it as a cross between 50 Shades of Grey (if that book were actually well written, which it so obviously is not. Does no one notice this but me????) and the Avengers. That was a huge compliment (well, not necessarily the 50 Shades part ...) though I don't know if that's true.

And thank you for the warm welcome! Thanks for not saying, "You suck, go away!"

JBJ, thank you so much for you kind words. And thank you for reading my blog. It is going to be painful to write, but I feel compelled to do so.

I love Literotica, I truly truly do, but man, sometimes it's tricky finding the well-written gems, isn't it? What authors do you guys recommend? Besides yourselves, of course? :)

I'm hoping to post Part 1 of something I'm working on in the next few days. My friend described it as a cross between 50 Shades of Grey (if that book were actually well written, which it so obviously is not. Does no one notice this but me????) and the Avengers. That was a huge compliment (well, not necessarily the 50 Shades part ...) though I don't know if that's true.

JBJ, thank you so much for you kind words. And thank you for reading my blog. It is going to be painful to write, but I feel compelled to do so.

I love Literotica, I truly truly do, but man, sometimes it's tricky finding the well-written gems, isn't it? What authors do you guys recommend? Besides yourselves, of course? :)

The scores aren’t always indicative of how well written the stories are. You can turn that option off on the ‘Author’s View’ page. Each category has certain things people like and dislike. If you unknowingly cross over to what they don’t, they’ll let you hear about it in a hurry. The “Loving Wives” category is the best example. And an author’s fan base can skew the numbers. And if they’ve got their own following of trolls, as well. Try not to be too defensive and engage the bad comments, they seem to breed like gremlins when you do that.

Don’t be too nervous, unless you really do write like 50 shades. Yikes! I’ve yet to get past the third paragraph. It hurt too much. Though, one of my hobbies is to read the one and two star reviews for it on Amazon. It’s always good for a laugh. I don’t claim to be the best writer, he’s around here somewhere though.

You can check out the “Hall of Fame” for each category or top lists. It would help if you let us know if you are the happily every after, painfully ever after, or somewhere in between type.

Welcome, and good luck.

TXRAD is good. SCOURIES is good. LOVEBOAT improves constantly but hes a sick twisted pervert and will harm your eyeballs without 3D glasses to shield you.

The scores aren’t always indicative of how well written the stories are. You can turn that option off on the ‘Author’s View’ page. Each category has certain things people like and dislike. If you unknowingly cross over to what they don’t, they’ll let you hear about it in a hurry. The “Loving Wives” category is the best example. And an author’s fan base can skew the numbers. And if they’ve got their own following of trolls, as well. Try not to be too defensive and engage the bad comments, they seem to breed like gremlins when you do that.

Don’t be too nervous, unless you really do write like 50 shades. Yikes! I’ve yet to get past the third paragraph. It hurt too much. Though, one of my hobbies is to read the one and two star reviews for it on Amazon. It’s always good for a laugh. I don’t claim to be the best writer, he’s around here somewhere though.

You can check out the “Hall of Fame” for each category or top lists. It would help if you let us know if you are the happily every after, painfully ever after, or somewhere in between type.

Welcome, and good luck.

Stop dissing the creepy crawlies at LW, theyre my bruthas.

You had me at "50 shades of Grey meets The Avengers". I always thought Steed and Peel had a BDSM thing going.

Hey Amelia
don't take anything too seriously! The ratings are pretty subjective so if you get good ones, give yourself a good pat on the back and if you don't, say what a lot of tasteless brainless people there are reading on this site (not yourself of course! some good people get on here).

And as you can see, it helps not to take the posts on your threads too seriously too! There are a lot of good people here as well as some oddballs, if you get into trouble a fairy godmother, gallant Texan or other helpful person will usually come to your aid. I've got answers to the most extraordinary questions I've posted on here (for gardening advice, 'Seldom Used Words' is your best bet.)

If you like Avengers as in the Black Widow et al, you may like to join us in an extremely filthy six word story thread I initiated on a day when I was bored and feeling :devil:. We had Emma Peel very briefly but she disappeared and has never come back so if you'd like to be her or Steed, they are welcome too! We're not purists we're only in it to talk dirty, er, um, no, I mean for the fine writing skills we're seeking to hone. (You probably know this, but as you say you don't always understand the technicalities of different sites, the words 'six word story thread' are a link, you can just click on them.)

Oh, and do avoid Loving Wives unless you've borrowed TX_Rad's sharkproof suit.

:heart:

I always thought Steed and Peel had a BDSM thing going.

Ooohh, yeahhh ... Mrs. Peel in that leather bodysuit with that stern look and those spike heels.

Emma Peel: "Get down on your knees you bloody fool." *cracks whip*

Steed: "Yes, mistress, yes mistress, not the whip, please." *grovels* :D

Hi Ameliajax, I'm a virgin too <wink>

Hello ameliajax and Literotica members!

Ameliajax it is wonderful to see another Literotica virgin as I just joined myself so that I can work on my ‘word-smithing’ in a safe and nurturing place…ummmm well, at least a place where I can explore my “wild side” as a writer without having the other patrons hitting the door screaming. Or the folks that just stand in place staring at me in abject horror because my definition of a ‘loving marriage’ tends to be very different from the ‘norm’.

Anyhoo, some of the other boards I have been on prefer one big post to address the previous comments, so that’s what I’m gonna do. I am also assuming that anyone who would be kind to one ‘virgin’ would be kind to another and I have taken the liberty of regarding your posted advice and welcomes to be for me as well. So, onward…

Ameliajax there was a time I would mention that posting a story up on a blog would make it unattractive to most mainstream publishers, but with the 50 shades phenomenon (a term I use VERY loosely. I also confess that I haven’t bothered to read since poor writing makes me reach for an editing pen & I can’t enjoying the story) I really don’t know anymore. It is a brave new world for writers of all ilks.

NaokoSmith, thank you for the kind words and suggestions. I don’t plan on really looking at ratings atm, just getting started was enough of a challenge!

Shyandhorny69, I like your name. Always have to watch out for the quiet ones, when they get comfy and let loose---Whoa!

JAMESBJOHNSON, ya seem to be an interesting cat… <quietly hides her pencils>

D Lynn, thanks for the encouragement…

Soflabbwlvr, thank you also for the encouragement. The editing service was part of the reason I joined. I plan on volunteering once I’m better known (and my class is over).

Glynndah and RedMonkeyButt thanks for the welcome and the techie advice…yes I know it wasn’t to me, but I’m fantasizing…

Luvthedesserts, I love your name too. And thanks for telling ameliajax about the “Hall of Fame”. I’ll make it a point to check that out…

Ironiclaconic and Handley Page, I thought y’all were talking about the ‘Marvel’ Advengers for a second…was all kinds of confused. Clue got me on the 1st rebound. That’s good for me!

TE999, ROTFL to the point my hubby was staring at me! Good thing I wasn’t trying to imbibe edibles. I would have had a mess to clean up.

Thanks to all of you. I think I'm gonna like it here

Last edited:
Wait, wait ,wait!!!

I AM talking Marvel Avengers, not Emma Peel Avengers. (I didn't even know the dude in the suit was named Steed!)

My story is basically a pair of superheroes engaged in an intense Dom/sub relationship. It's kind of stark and pretty graphic and the superhero stuff is mostly background to the hard core sex.

But it's really fun to write. I wrote chapter one a long time ago and have just recently been inspired to finish it.

Thanks to all who offered tech advice. RedMonkeyButt, I have to admit that my eyes started to glaze over with all that code, so it's only your own fault if I start to stalk you with followup questions.

TittyBear, happy to be a "virgin" with you! (Is that weird to say?)

I'm still exploring the site and trying to figure things out, but I can't tell you enough how much this warm welcome is appreciated.

Naoko, no worries, I am not easily offended!

TittyBear did such a good job of addressing everyone individually, can you all just pretend I said the same thing? Haha. I'm off to try to figure out how to at least attache the link to my blog under my signature. RedMonkeyButt, you've been warned ...

I did just post a new entry to my blog that mostly answers why I (used to) want to bite everyone I make out with so ... if any of you have been reading, thanks!!!

Back