Runners unite?

L

Lngdistrun_82

Hey everyone. Any fellow runners here on Lit?! Anyone training for anything fun? As for me I am currently training to run the Portland marathon, a new one for me. Can't wait.

And one more thing, if a community can have people obsessed with peeing on one another and other taboo topics, I have to imagine there are fellow runners here. Maybe even runners who enjoy peeing on their significant other or partner. I'm not one of those but to each their own. :)

me run 2!

hi! runner (and hasher!!!) here...great idea for a post! not training for anything in particular right now, just trying to stay in shape!

Masochists?

Blah! I hate running even though I do it three times a week :p
How do people enjoy exercise? Running just makes me feel like I want to thrown up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ha. Agree Naddy but it's usually getting the shoes on and actually stepping outside that's the hard part. Once I get going, it's completely worth it, at least to me.

i did the Reading Half marathon in a PB of 2 hours this year, I have lost a lot of weight in the last two years thanks to diet and running, so I find focussing on an event helps.

I am doing the Great South Run in October, 10 miles in Portsmouth (South Coast of UK), I did it in 1 hr 45 mins last year, and am hoping for 90 mins this time.

Ran 5km this morning, I hate it before I go, I hate the first 20 minutes, I love the pushing of the final 10 minutes.

Always glad I have gone, try to run 3-4 times a week.

Thinking about entering a Tri-Athlon next year.....

Good for you JackFlash! That is great. I am the same way; dislike the beginning until I get into a rhythm before I truly enjoy it.

I am surprised there haven't been more comments...trying to revive the thread! There have got to be more runners around here....Happy Saturday to all.

Bumping to the top in case any fellow runners missed this the first time. Perfect running weather here in MN today!

awright!

So i used to run a little bit....was doing awesome...20 miles or so a week...got in great shape, eating right, and looking mighty fine i dont mind telling you....

But as usual, whenever life gets in the way, personal time is the first thing out the window. Ironically, I know that we gotta take care of ourselves first, (i know i dont give up masturbating) but my running suffers too much from life's speedbumps!!!

How do you guys find the time after working a 12 hour day....or with families to go home to? especially with all time i dedicate to my sexual deviancy?

So i used to run a little bit....was doing awesome...20 miles or so a week...got in great shape, eating right, and looking mighty fine i dont mind telling you....

But as usual, whenever life gets in the way, personal time is the first thing out the window. Ironically, I know that we gotta take care of ourselves first, (i know i dont give up masturbating) but my running suffers too much from life's speedbumps!!!

How do you guys find the time after working a 12 hour day....or with families to go home to? especially with all time i dedicate to my sexual deviancy?

I understand completely. I used to run quite a bit in my 20's and 30s, but with work and ...er, hobbies, it is harder to find time (not to mention, at my age, it's harder to get the body to move as easily).

Last summer I started up again, as the other exercise I get just doesn't compare in terms of getting my heart rate up. I have to do it first thing in the morning. I have a treadmill for days when I cannot get outside due to weather. I cannot really call what I do running, but after 2-3 miles, I do feel really good. And it seems to give me more... drive... in other areas too.

I know what you mean, finding the time is the biggest challenge. They say the hardest step of a run is the first one and I believe it. It's all about making it a priority you know? Most days, I tend to run first thing in the morning and find it's a great way to start the day. Good luck with your running efforts though!

I understand completely. I used to run quite a bit in my 20's and 30s, but with work and ...er, hobbies, it is harder to find time (not to mention, at my age, it's harder to get the body to move as easily).

Last summer I started up again, as the other exercise I get just doesn't compare in terms of getting my heart rate up. I have to do it first thing in the morning. I have a treadmill for days when I cannot get outside due to weather. I cannot really call what I do running, but after 2-3 miles, I do feel really good. And it seems to give me more... drive... in other areas too.

Good for you! That's awesome. There is no such thing as a bad mile, regardless of pace. You are absolutely right, the benefits in other areas including "drive", is well worth it. For me, it serves as motivation on those days I don't want to roll out of bed or after a long day at work, get a run in.

Hey glad to see this thread! I am a 24/m that just got into running over the past couple months. I try to run about 6 miles a day. Unfortunately I got hit by the flu last week so am slowly getting my strength/distance back. Winter has made my run a bit less pleasant but such is life. Gonna actually head out on a 9 miler in a bit! Don't let my distances fool you though. I am very slow. Usually between a 9:30-10:00 min mile.

I wanted to recommend a super great book I just finished. It is entitled What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. It is written by novelist Haruki Murakami. It is a memoir which deals mostly with his experience with running. As I have started to incorporate running into my life more and more it was an intriguing read. He also talks a lot about writing novels which is great!

great suggestion!

i have never thought about reading a book about running rye....thanks for the suggestion! As far as running in the morning....I don't know if i can make it happen. I gotta be at work round 650 AM....home by 530 PM....then i might read/learn for a lil bit....catch up on housework and before you know it, the time is gone and its time for bed.

Option 1: quit my job/work less/make less money

Option 2: Read less

Option 3: Leave my GF for a GF who I see solely at the gym!

Option 4: Work out less

Option 5: Make sex my primary exercise....

RESULT: Mix of options 3 and 5....sounds best!

i have never thought about reading a book about running rye....thanks for the suggestion! As far as running in the morning....I don't know if i can make it happen. I gotta be at work round 650 AM....home by 530 PM....then i might read/learn for a lil bit....catch up on housework and before you know it, the time is gone and its time for bed.

Option 1: quit my job/work less/make less money

Option 2: Read less

Option 3: Leave my GF for a GF who I see solely at the gym!

Option 4: Work out less

Option 5: Make sex my primary exercise....

RESULT: Mix of options 3 and 5....sounds best!

ugh I HATE running in the morning. I am not a morning person usually so I try to run right after work.

I just sleep less. It kind of sucks but try to work out and run in the morning. I usually get up around 5am. If I wait until after work then i'm usually too tired to workout/run or unmotivated.

Also working out after work makes falling asleep difficult for me.

Great suggestion on the book. I haven't heard of that one but am definitely going to check it out. Born To Run is also a great one. Nice job on that 9 miler today! I got in 5 myself.

Best time I ever had running behind spandex and tigh running shorts. Even kept me in shape.

I run nearly every morning. There's is something so peaceful about being out when everything is quiet. I love it.
I'm not in training for anything - mostly to keep in shape. I do a few local 5k runs but that's about it :)

Oh I'm a runner!! I'm training for my first full marathon. I ran 14 miles yesterday. It was extremely hilly and I'm used to flat courses.

Ugh, I'm scared to reveal too much about myself irl, I swear someone I know that I don't want to know is here LOL.

Hooray for runners! Here's a picture of me running with my friends.

training for Reading (town west of London) Half Marathon again this year, started my training program just after christmas having been out since August with illness and injury.

Ran 10 miles today in 90 minutes, so not doing too badly, good to be back in it.

The event is 17th March, so about 6 weeks to go....

Back