words to avoid in erotic poetry

slurp - i.e especially when used in the context of 'juices'

slurp has to be one of the unsexiest words ever.

Fata posted this over on teh GB, so for those who don't visit there or who missed it, i found this beautiful:

She arches her body like a cat on a stretch. She nuzzles her cunt into my face like a filly at the gate. She smells of the sea. She smells of rockpools when I was a child. She keeps a starfish in there. I crouch down to taste the salt, to run my fingers around the rim. She opens and shuts like a sea anemone. She's refilled each day with fresh tides of longing.

Jeannette Winterson

oh come on, y'all know there are words that make you wince when reading a piece of erotic poetry (or prose, for that matter). :) sure, there're always exceptions to the rule, but there's nothing kills the erotic buzz faster than the words you'll see here!
...chainsaw

truncheon is generally bad too, although some possibilities exist...

I LOVE nectar! The word and the juice. :D

Syn :kiss:

it's not the word, per se, so much as its current popularity amongst writers of 'erotica' that's the problem. it's used more often than air hand-dryers in a rest room and so has earned itself a wince-factor for lots of readers. probably only readers who're writers as well, mind.... ;) in the grand scheme of things, the numbers of readers who don't write and aren't too fussed with originality will always outweigh the rest of us.

Last edited:
...chainsaw
Fable

Her pointed little tongue
cut into me

like a chainsaw into a sequoia
and even my old growth fell,

trembling, to the soft floor
of the Forest of Need.

The question is,
do you think she heard the sound?

it's not the word, per se, so much as its current popularity amongst writers of 'erotica' that's the problem. it's used more often than air hand-dryers in a rest room and so has earned itself a wince-factor for lots of readers. probably only readers who're writers as well, mind.... ;) in the grand scheme of things, the numbers of readers who don't write and aren't too fussed with originality will always outweigh the rest of us.
When a word is overused , it massively bores Frequent Readers & is called " cliched" , " stereotyped" & even " deja vu " !? & yes it creates painful wincing 'mongst 'em : BTW great to see 1201 baaack !!!

When a word is overused , it massively bores Frequent Readers & is called " cliched" , " stereotyped" & even " deja vu " !? & yes it creates painful wincing 'mongst 'em : BTW great to see 1201 baaack !!!

It is, is
isn't it... I feel all warm n fuzzy or is that fluffy?

Fable

Her pointed little tongue
cut into me

like a chainsaw into a sequoia
and even my old growth fell,

trembling, to the soft floor
of the Forest of Need.

The question is,
do you think she heard the sound?
oh gawd

Chainsaw Love
for butters for the foot draggin accusation

Your nipples are slurpalicious
Like wantin' eyes
they followed me
since I walked into the place

Now can I get an order of fries
to go with the perineum shake

Later, I'll wear your face

top that Rob Zombie

oh gawd

Chainsaw Love
for butters for the foot draggin accusation

Your nipples are slurpalicious
Like wantin' eyes
they followed me
since I walked into the place

Now can I get an order of fries
to go with the perineum shake

Later, I'll wear your face

top that Rob Zombie
Ah top marks as per your usual, likeded how you dropped th g, Fuck Daddy reminded me of a wonton? great allusion
and I wonder...
if the zombies in walking dead could talk
would they say the same thing?

worst erotic poem ever
best worst :D there are worse that lack this one's originality. you just can't hide talent like that *still larfin'*

Ah top marks as per your usual, likeded how you dropped th g, Fuck Daddy reminded me of a wonton? great allusion
and I wonder...
if the zombies in walking dead could talk
would they say the same thing?
he's getting me back for my draggin-your-heels comment earlier :D tardiness + richard 3rd references :D:devil:

Back