Some of the moderators reject story for no reasons.

EstebanMamono

Monster-Loving Perv
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Posts
6
Hello everyone.

I usually have issues with moderators rejecting stories even though their explanation does not fit any apparent problem here.

This time a perfectly done story was refused by "rejection due to spelling."

I am perfectly convinced someone has a personal vendetta.

Can I get some help? I believe the moderator is the admin of a different website I had pulled my works from

Regards...
 
There is only one person who accepts/rejects stories. That is Laurel.

If the story was rejected because of 'spelling' it is usually because a program has detected unusual usage. It accepts the variations between US and British English but can be awkward about some local wordings.

Perhaps you should ask in the Editors' Forum for someone to have a look at your story? They might be able to advise how to meet Literotica's criteria,

And No! It is unlikely to be a personal vendetta. It is more likely to be issues about punctuation and whether or not you followed the Chicago Manual...
 
If it was spelling, just run spellcheck to start with and see what pops up.
 
Why don't you post three paragraphs here to see if others agree with your assessment of your abilities.

Beyond what Ogg has already posted--there is just one submissions editor here, who isn't a forum moderator, and who hardly has time from here to be moderating another Web site--the typical result of a rejection like this is that the writer isn't doing it as right as they think they are.
 
Why don't you post three paragraphs here to see if others agree with your assessment of your abilities.

Beyond what Ogg has already posted--there is just one submissions editor here, who isn't a forum moderator, and who hardly has time from here to be moderating another Web site--the typical result of a rejection like this is that the writer isn't doing it as right as they think they are.

Agreed. It's impossible for any writer to confirm their own work as "perfectly done".
 
hmmm...didn't know it was one person. But I'm sure there is no spelling error.

Strange because I see stories with ATROCIOUS (both writing and spelling) passing clean...

The cheerful laughter of monstergirls, playing side by side with human children and youth, most of them coming straight from Lescatian Order controlled lands was sweet music compared to the past.
A couple was sitting on rocks, far at the edge of the beach, one human boy and an Anubis girl, who lazily patted the sand under her fluffy paws added to the serenity of the scene. Below them another couple, a scylla and her boyfriend quietly made out, kissing and cuddling just on the wet sands right at the edge of the sea.
Giggling, the Scylla was drawing patterns on the boy's face with ink, telling her how she came to see a tribe of men who warred each other with jade weapons, and had such tattoos.
In a hidden cave, two shark girls wrestled their prey playfully, a young blond man who would share a wet, cool evening in sexual bliss. One gummed his arm as her sister grinned, slowly pulling his trunks down to reach the treasure under it...
“Don't worry, we retract our teeth...” They giggled, toned, gray sharklike bodies at his side. Her head lowered between his legs as he gasped and was locked in a kiss by the other shark-girl...
All in all, the scenery on the beach spoke of peace and joy between monsterkin and man, a far cry from the past.
After centuries of conflict and 50 years of Cold War, Monstergirl and Human empires had signed a treaty, finally agreeing to peace after centuries of war and rape, murder and sieges. At the same year, the empire of monstergirls, named Mamono Reik, had abolished slaver guilds, guaranteed fair treatment of humans under her heel (which had been commonplace anyway) and decided to sit down and find a solution to the Birth Problem to stabilize a fair life for her subjects and human brothers.The event would be celebrated with a Trade Fair.
The fair would celebrate peace and start discussions about a new continent to the west of Ermorea and its division, since it was mostly uninhabited.It was a massive event, situated at the biggest beach in the continent.
Human traders, their families and even wanderers were cordially invited, with clear rules of "no rape" and fair trade.
And so enter Benjamin: our young man.
Benjamin, his two siblings, his parents were about to stay for a week. Devout Reformed Lescatians, the mother had been adamant against staying, only giving up when Benjamin's father had finally convinced her that Reformists "protesting" against mainstream Lescatian religion were allowed to "know monster in flesh" (the translation being a dubious one)
"Benjamin, I am watching you. You will protect your virtue, son. Monsters are...evil." The portly mother would say no more after hours of argument over clothes, packing, and traveling expenses.
Benjamin was excited, after all, he'd get to see these Monsters and their civilisation and learn his father's trade. Even if the trip would be fruitless, sheer prestige and marvels would ensure a good career for him. His small sister and brother, twins at the age of five, and him, fresh hitting his eighteenth birthday, were on the road to meet their old enemies, make friends, trade and prosper. The ship that carried them had docked, freshly arrived from Miklagard and landing in Aquilea, full of men and women.
Life was good.
They were lodged in a human inn, given a room for a good rate throughout the month, and were told that the beach is a lovely place to relax.
Benjamin, his parents, and siblings had decided to go to the beach. His father was convinced after the gentleman operating the inn alongside his harpy wife, a portly monsterlady who dressed up much like a human peasant save her "arms" and legs, had talked to their mother for half an hour.
"I s'pose we can go for a swim, since you ...monsters won't be having the fair until tomorrow." Benjamin's father had confirmed. His wife, Peggy, a freckled, grumpy , portly redhead had merely sighed and conceded, since if she couldn't keep her husband off monstergirl tail, she might as well come along and watch him.
And so the family set with picnic baskets, conservative swimsuits and towels to the beach.
Honestly, Benjamin was thrilled, having his heart raging in all puberty induced hormones and interest in a strange group of species that looked like girls, didn't have males but couldn't live without them. He had both siblings in tow as they walked towards the massive beach, just beyond a small bridge, and sheltered by wooden walls. The security was one human couple, and a Ushi-Oni, an enormous, black-furred, eight-legged arachnid monstergirl and his husband, a large man with a bushy beard, and a simple shirt-and-shorts pair, armed with a club.
As they approached, Benjamin's mother looked apprehensive.
"Well, they DO look like they have humans as equals."
His father was more optimistic. "See? After they signed that treaty they don't make humans slaves. Do you think we are the only ones coming to trade now?"

"I suppose..." She kept Benjamin and the kids closer to her as they nodded in friendship and entered the beach, passing the four guards amiably.
Down the hill, was the largest beach, clean and pristine and full of...monsters and humans, frolicking on a beach of whitest sand.
"My God."
It was a family beach, which somehow elicited a disappointed sigh from Benjamin's father, Fritz. His wife's frown and glare quickly stopped that.
"Well, looks family-friendly, at least. Benny, could you set up that towel near that...pyramid???" His mother squinted in wonder, trying to figure out what it was.
A pyramid, under construction, apparently. Strange monstergirls with paws, fluffy jackal ears and bushy black tails directed and assisted girls completely covered with bandages as they kept piling stones and piling diligently; while a stranger monstergirl, dressed like a Misrani Queen of old, sat astride her long, opulent beach chair as exotic monstergirls fanned and guarded her.
"Not bad." Peggy fanned herself, helping Benjamin to set up a quiet place behind the pyramid, on a hard stone spot where their nearest neighbor would be a human-monster family of Hellhounds. The mother smiled at them, relaxing as both her pups, two human toddlers with black fur, smoking red eyes and canine extremities yipped, barked and played with each other. The father was asleep under a large umbrella, arm locked with his wife's furry paw.
Setting up the family spot, the family started to relax on their respective towels. Naturally, Benjamin was itching to go out and explore. His mother gave a worried look as he strode out a few steps.
"Please be where we can spot you."
Nodding, Benjamin slowly started walking around their family's spot, looking at the myriad monstergirls, their families and the treats and beach equipment sold by vendors. And the monstergirls of course.
Benjamin gulped hard. Some of them wore next to nothing. Especially the dark skinned elves, who, after noticing him, were staring right back at him. Coughing nervously, he turned his head and kept walking. The dark elves grinned, turning back to their game of volleyball, a game which was popular around coastal areas and dark elves for their effect on physiology of them and their...serfs.
Lamia, girls with a snake-body down their waists, often lounged on the hot sands enjoying the sun. Benny tried not to step on one as they slithered past or slept on the sands.
Each were so friendly. One young, topless Lamia, who made no effort to cover her massive D-Cup breasts, winked and greeted him, causing much awkwardness and a small stimulation in parts best not openly displayed. He ran, eliciting a laughter behind him.
“He’s shy!”
Benjamin saw some lizardgirls, human save for scaly limbs, race across the sand with an awkward running gait to set towels to a spot. His feet felt the heat of the sand between his toes, and the glare of the sun clawed at his back. But his reverie was cut short by a perky, young voice.
"Hi."
Turning round quickly, he came face-to-face with a strange monstergirl.
A mamono, one of those that built a pyramid. A very young monstergirl with paws for hands and feet, a pair of fluffy jackal ears, and jewelry like a strange southern tomb guard. Her pointy nose, smiling eyes and sharp fangs made her just slightly look similar to a jackal.
She was clad in a bikini.
An Anubis girl sunbathing.



Mind you, English isn't even my primary language.
 
Mind you, English isn't even my primary language.

I knew that from your original post and it may well be the cause of the rejection. What you posted reads very 'clumsy' to me. Hard to read and follow. Also, you were asked to post a paragraph or two, not several, so that expands on the understanding of English.
 
I think it might be easier to read if you put in a few hyphens:
monster-girl, lizard-girls, for example.
Your story might be wider-understood if you do a bit of explaining at the beginning. An explanatory Note to Lauren might also help.

Good Luck
 
Resubmit the story with a note to the editor (box at the bottom of the submission page) that you have run spell check, but your story has some unusual word usages (eg Monstergirl) and ask Laurel to have another look. You might note that you are using American English or English English, whichever default you are using (I write in English English and have never had a rejection for not using American spelling).

Your use of language, from this excerpt, seems okay to me. But, assuming it's your first submit, you just need to be patient, understand that, very possibly, a bot script has been run over your text and found sufficient strange names to trigger the reject note. Explain in the note (politely) that you have checked your text.

Also, make sure your para breaks are in the text - if your raw text is like this extract, that will be the next reason for rejection.
 
I think it could be the missing line breaks. The verb positioning is odd too.

The cheerful laughter of monstergirls, playing side by side with human children and youth, most of them coming straight from Lescatian Order controlled lands was sweet music compared to the past.

A couple was sitting on rocks, far at the edge of the beach, one human boy and an Anubis girl, who lazily patted the sand under her fluffy paws added to the serenity of the scene. Below them another couple, a scylla and her boyfriend quietly made out, kissing and cuddling just on the wet sands right at the edge of the sea.

Giggling, the Scylla was drawing patterns on the boy's face with ink, telling her how she came to see a tribe of men who warred each other with jade weapons, and had such tattoos.


This has an odd pronoun use as well as an unusual word order:

Giggling, the Scylla was drawing patterns on the boy's face with ink, telling her[him] how she came to see [had seen] a tribe of men who warred each other with jade weapons, and had such tattoos.

A recasting of that long sentence:

The Scylla giggled as she drew patterns on the boy's face with ink. She told him that it reminded her of a tribe of men who had such tattoos. That tribe used jade weapons in war.
 
Last edited:
I suggested three paragraphs, which is the limit here. It's evident that you're leading with the chin, so I'll just leave you to it. Ultimately, it's your problem. If you want to post on Lit., I suggest toning down your attitude--at least until you learn what the ropes are here. You might read the various FAQs for starters.
 
I don't think the story is particularly well written, but I do think it's a bit strange that it was rejected for "spelling". Perhaps it's because you're not entirely consistent in the use of some of your terms? I see "mostergirl" and "Monstergirl", "shark girl" and "shark-girl"...
 
I copied and pasted it into Word. It picked up inconsistent spellings of the proper names, lack of spaces between sentences, verb confusion...
 
If the reason for rejection was spelling, check and be consistent with your spelling.

People here are also commenting on your style and content, which is something else entirely.

Laurel needs good copy to publish your story; readers will then come along and give you feedback on your style and content.

There are two issues here, you need to solve the spelling problem first.
 
I suggest that you find yourself a writing coach who is fluent in English - just to get you started. Good luck.
 
I suggest that you find yourself a writing coach who is fluent in English - just to get you started. Good luck.


This. Or a good and very patient editor who will work with you to correct the grammar and spelling mistakes. You need someone who knows English, not just someone who can say the words.

I actually liked the excerpt of the story, though it came across as tedious because of the odd grammar. It makes the sentences much too long and I would sometimes forget what the sentence was about before I got to the end of it. However, the concept is good so keep at it.
 
Thank you all for the information and advice, except one little frog who basically decided to sperg out and take out his childhood-sexual frustrations out of "salty" posting.

I'd like to quote you all in the message but it seems advanced messaging doesn't let me quote.(edit:fixed!)

Thanks though, working on correcting it.

Does anyone know a good, simple online corrector?

I don't think the story is particularly well written, but I do think it's a bit strange that it was rejected for "spelling".

That's exacly what I mean! If it was grammar, I'd understand but...this rejection sounded weird.
 
Last edited:
That's exacly what I mean! If it was grammar, I'd understand but...this rejection sounded weird.

They all sound weird because they are one size fits all. Laurel started this site because she liked to read erotica, not because she wanted to correct peoples writing.

I'd offer to help but I'm afraid my Texan dialect would scar you for life. ;)
 
Two thoughts, after reading the passage:

1. If you are still figuring out English, then make things easier for yourself by writing shorter sentences. You have lots of long sentences with multiple phrases and clauses that require many commas between them. Shorten your sentences and you won't need as many commas, and the risk of using them incorrectly will go down.

2. Get a grammar/style guide and review comma use. That's the most frequent problem in this passage. It makes reading and comprehending it difficult. That's probably why it was rejected.
 
That's exacly what I mean! If it was grammar, I'd understand but...this rejection sounded weird.

The passage you posted has some spelling problems -- Ogg explained best, I think. There are also other problems that might get it rejected, but in the hierarchy of "reasons for rejection," spelling comes first. Lit doesn't have the capacity to link more than one reason for rejection.

The biggest problem for me was the "wall-of-text" formatting. Most word-processors add white-space instead of a blank line to separate paragraphs. Lit can't use word-processor formatting, so you need to use a blank line (double carriage return/enter) between paragraphs.

Second biggest problem for me was the run-on sentences. Grammerly or MSWord's grammar check can help with that. Sentence length and structure are stylistic choices to some extent. Long sentences are just more difficult to write grammatically and too many or too long will cost you readers.

Don your rhinoceros-hide rain-coat and find an editor who hates you; your story will be better for it if you can take the criticism.
 
Two thoughts, after reading the passage:

1. If you are still figuring out English, then make things easier for yourself by writing shorter sentences. You have lots of long sentences with multiple phrases and clauses that require many commas between them. Shorten your sentences and you won't need as many commas, and the risk of using them incorrectly will go down.

2. Get a grammar/style guide and review comma use. That's the most frequent problem in this passage. It makes reading and comprehending it difficult. That's probably why it was rejected.

Adding to that, I'm Terrible with long sentences. After I've done my first cut, I go back and substitute a full stop for every "and" and a lot of commas.
 
They all sound weird because they are one size fits all. Laurel started this site because she liked to read erotica, not because she wanted to correct peoples writing.

I'd offer to help but I'm afraid my Texan dialect would scar you for life. ;)

It's ok, also, I was introduced to a now gone facebook friend who liked monstergirls, who was TEXAN too.

Strange state eh :D

:EDIT:

Holy...Grammarly is so good...
 
Last edited:
And No! It is unlikely to be a personal vendetta. It is more likely to be issues about punctuation and whether or not you followed the Chicago Manual...

If they use a bot to check spelling, this may be an issue for me. I have a story in the pipeline right now in which I use healthy amount of slang and colloquialisms in quoted conversation. A real, live, reviewer would recognize that the "misspelled words" are conveying a manner of speech whereas a bot, or automated spell checker, might not.

It doesn't follow the Chicago Manual because most people don't follow the Chicago Manual in their every day speech. If I have an issue in getting approval, how do I get around it?
 
Back
Top