ethnicity's and BD/SM

loneranger8921

Experienced
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Posts
99
I was wondering if there are certain ethnicity's more predisposed to this life style than other or religious backgrounds

I am American with an Irish catholic upbringing. My sub has a German background
I live in an area that is not very homogenous in it ethnic make up and not a big melting pot. I am curious what are other peoples discoveries?
I don't expect much of a difference in any way but we might see a spike or valley from a group is all.
 
I was wondering if there are certain ethnicity's more predisposed to this life style than other or religious backgrounds

Pretty much impossible to tell. It's not the sort of thing that's collected on the census, and individual observations are heavily skewed. The BDSMers I know tend to be of a similar age and social situation to me, but that's probably just because those are the people I'm most likely to meet, and who are most likely to tell me about that sort of stuff.

Some religions do preach against such things, but I've never seen evidence that it has much influence on their followers.
 
It's a fine day to read about natural history and drink chocolate.

I cannot see how one group of people is more "predisposed" to BDSM than another. There are too many variables.
 
There's no "brain ethnicity", sorry.

What you probably will find is that in the western world most of your practitioners are going to be white because they're more likely to be middle-class and educated and have the time and resources to spend going out to clubs, doing demos, and generally have better access to information about the world of kink. The face of kink is pretty uniformly white, also, so I'm sure that's a point of alienation for some folks of color.
 
Dunno

It seems pretty caucasian homogenous until you get a good look.

The Japanese are famous for their rope bondage, rape porn etc...

I think the problem lies in not enough information from non western cultures.

Honestly, BDSM in some form or another has been around for thousands of years.

Western society just makes internet forums about it.
 
I would love to see an official statistical study on this, just to see whether there's a correlation within ethnic groups to be more attracted to BDSM.
 
I would love to see an official statistical study on this, just to see whether there's a correlation within ethnic groups to be more attracted to BDSM.

There'd be huge problems with that, though. Statistical studies of this nature are usually based on surveys (After all, it's not like there's an Official Registry that everyone's obligated to participate in :p) and those are inherently skewed by a number of factors that vary on the survey itself and where/how it's presented. It could give you some specific information, but far from the big picture.
 
Back
Top