You know you've written something good when...

I don't have a blue "W" and I don't expect to get one. But I look at the "E" as coming from someone who's opinion is credible. The average reader? I don't know their credentials.

LOL. I takes it where I gets it. If had a green "E" and no "W"s I'd be saying the same. As it is, no "E" for me. :eek:
 
YES!!!!!!!! :rose::rose::rose: - with a counter!

Chloe and KindofHere get the thinking cap awards for the day. This is a great idea. It might be a bit squicky for some, but it would be a lot of fun, and it would get lots of response.
 
Chloe and KindofHere get the thinking cap awards for the day. This is a great idea. It might be a bit squicky for some, but it would be a lot of fun, and it would get lots of response.

I kind of assume that’s what a 5* means...
 
Maybe for the 1-3 page stories, but I'm not so sure about those 19-page stories.

I usually put a note right at the start letting readers know mine are long and how many pages they are. I've never had any feedback on that and I don;t get comments on them being too long generally, so I'm thinking that works.
 
I usually put a note right at the start letting readers know mine are long and how many pages they are. I've never had any feedback on that and I don;t get comments on them being too long generally, so I'm thinking that works.

I put such a note on the first chapter of a series but what I mainly am pointing out is that the series is complete and should be fully posted by X date. That assures them they won't be wasting time following something that isn't going to be wrapped up.
 
Oh god, yes. That's so true.

I cry every time I read "September Blue" and I wrote that last year. Sniffles at memory. It was so sad, I wrote that through a film of tears and just thinking about it makes me tear up.

I completely understand. When penning my novel, I cried like a baby as I killed off my chief supporting character, and again when her eight-year old stood in front of her class and said, "I still talk to Mommy every day." Going back and rereading it several years later, it had the same effect on me.

As writers, we are God. We breathe life into our characters, and for all intents and purposes they are alive. When something tragic happens, either by design or simply because the story took this path by its own volition, our emotional involvement almost guarantees our highest emotional response.
 
When nine out of my ten readers tell me that they enjoyed it. And, no, I don't mean nine out of every ten; I mean nine out of the ten. (You know who you are, boys and girls. A big hug to each of you. :))
 
Back
Top