Anybody have any comments on this?

Finish them

Personally, I think the school should not have fired her, but that they had a right to do so because she violated her contract with them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...remarital-sex-christian-school_n_2790085.html

She might have some kind of gender discrimination case, ecause they hired a man who had done the same thing, but he had not been under any contractual constraints. :confused:

They had no business putting a condition like that into a contract in any case. It is far too broad. They might insist that she not have sex at work, but that's about it. Who she fucks on her own time is none of their damned business.

I hope that after her lawyer is through with them, the school is a bankrupt object of ridicule.

Does Laurel have a right to reject your FAGGOTS & FREAKS masterpiece?

The issue was decided a century ago when Oliver Wendell Holmes observed that you have a right to free speech but no right to a job. That is, the school cant stop you from fucking or talking or shitting on the sidewalk, but they can fire your ass if your conduct or speech harms their business.

They had no business putting a condition like that into a contract in any case. It is far too broad. They might insist that she not have sex at work, but that's about it. Who she fucks on her own time is none of their damned business.

I hope that after her lawyer is through with them, the school is a bankrupt object of ridicule.

I notice from the Huffpost text (very confusing), that there is indication that the school just didn't want to hire someone to cover the maternity leave.

As long as someone does not bring the Organisation into disrepute, that should be sufficient, I reckon.

After James lost her job, she claims the school offered a position to her now-husband, even though they were aware he'd had sex before getting married, too.

So much for Equality !

Foolish logic for the school which means they're gonna pay one way or the other.

Last edited:
Foolish logic for the school which means they're gonna pay one way or the other.

You dont know that theyre gonna pay jack-shit; youre simply talking PC shit to ingratiate yourself.

I notice from the Huffpost text (very confusing), that there is indication that the school just didn't want to hire someone to cover the maternity leave.

It is confusing, but that was about a different woman, in Florida, but they don't name the woman in the article.

As long as someone does not bring the Organisation into disrepute, that should be sufficient, I reckon.

After James lost her job, she claims the school offered a position to her now-husband, even though they were aware he'd had sex before getting married, too.

So much for Equality !

I guess the question is whether these "lifestyle contracts" are legal in the first place. I think they're ridiculous, but I've read that really, workers (speaking only of US workers here) don't have a whole lot of recourse about being fired. Even someone who's a good employee can be fired if the employer wants to and I don't know that a reason has to be provided. But I'm not an expert on labor law, so perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, a large part of me says this is stupid but another part says that she signed the contract. I'll be curious to see how this all plays out in court.

The bottomline with labor law is, employees have no protected right to destroy their employers business with their extracurricular conduct. A big, fat pregnant belly is as bad as a notorious KKK aggitator on the payroll, and all the swooning lib asshats here would boycott any business that respected KKK free speech.

So can we please stop barking like ignorant dolts.

If only Christians had something that told them how to treat others, some sort of rule that encouraged them to treat others the way they wish they were treated, but alas, as they prove time and time again, if it weren't for the secular legal system, they'd treat everyone outside of their tribe terribly.

If only Christians had something that told them how to treat others, some sort of rule that encouraged them to treat others the way they wish they were treated, but alas, as they prove time and time again, if it weren't for the secular legal system, they'd treat everyone outside of their tribe terribly.

Yes, and you'd lead the parade to crucify the first preggo who shits in your supper bowl. PL would do it, Jomar would, all of you would do it, cuz your economic interests trump all else.

It is confusing, but that was about a different woman, in Florida, but they don't name the woman in the article.

I guess the question is whether these "lifestyle contracts" are legal in the first place. I think they're ridiculous, but I've read that really, workers (speaking only of US workers here) don't have a whole lot of recourse about being fired. Even someone who's a good employee can be fired if the employer wants to and I don't know that a reason has to be provided. But I'm not an expert on labor law, so perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, a large part of me says this is stupid but another part says that she signed the contract. I'll be curious to see how this all plays out in court.

I've seen better-written stuff in a kids school-book.

Would she not have got the job if she;d had a lawyer look at that highly restrictive contract ?

I don't like the idea, but I also believe the school can legally include a "morals clause" in a contract. They have been used for a long time, usually in contracts between actors and movie studios. The idea was the studios wanted to keep a clean image with movie fans, and a college that espouses Christian values would be in the same circumstance.

And, let's face it: If she had been noticeably pregnant and unmarried or very recently married, it would bring scorn and derision on the college for having an "immoral" teacher.

As for hiring her husband for the same job, that might seem to be discrimination, but he had no contract with the school when his fiance became pregnant. He probably does now, but that would not apply to what happened before his hiring.

I don't like the idea, but I also believe the school can legally include a "morals clause" in a contract. They have been used for a long time, usually in contracts between actors and movie studios. The idea was the studios wanted to keep a clean image with movie fans, and a college that espouses Christian values would be in the same circumstance.

And, let's face it: If she had been noticeably pregnant and unmarried or very recently married, it would bring scorn and derision on the college for having an "immoral" teacher.

As for hiring her husband for the same job, that might seem to be discrimination, but he had no contract with the school when his fiance became pregnant. He probably does now, but that would not apply to what happened before his hiring.

As I say, your civil rights and 'fairplay' arent a license to trash the other guys business. The courts wont back you up.

Presently reading a book about the Kennedy years. As much angst as it caused JFK he never hesitated to sack loyal, competent, friends if their private lives became toxic or a spouse was a problem.

I've seen better-written stuff in a kids school-book.

Would she not have got the job if she;d had a lawyer look at that highly restrictive contract ?

If she'd had a lawyer, perhaps she would have been advised not to sign it. But that might have resulted in not being hired. If you're going to hire people who don't sign the contract with the lifestyle/morals close, as well as those who do, why offer it in the first place?

I don't think it's discrimination so much as it is a double standard. If he's already violated their clause before even being hired, and they know it, it doesn't seem like they'd want to offer it to him. Unless they are, as so many have over the centuries, putting more blame on the woman than the man.

Also, though, she is alleging the school did this but as far as I could tell from that one article, there's no corroboration of that.

JFK talked about how liberals live with their heads up their asses rather than in the real world. Contrary to popular myth he was a conservative, and a realist, and about the only pol in Washington with a real war record and real combat experience.

All the happy horseshit about double standards and such is happy horseshit liberals delude themselves with.

Power and money is what its all about.

Out of curiosity, do schools like this receive any government support in the USA?

In Australia, religious schools get government subsidies and STILL want the right to discriminate based on morals clauses, which pisses me off no end.

Out of curiosity, do schools like this receive any government support in the USA?

In Australia, religious schools get government subsidies and STILL want the right to discriminate based on morals clauses, which pisses me off no end.

I might be mistaken, but I believe the gov. does not give direct subsidies to religious institutions. However, they have their tendrils everywhere, through the power of the purse, one way or another. I'm sure some of the students have gov. grants or loans, and this might give the feds some leverage. A liberal gov., in particular, wants everybody to toe the line and do exactly as they are told or be cut off at the pockets. In the past, Uncle Sam has used this power to force colleges to act contrary to their principles if they wanted to survive.

Jimmy labored mightily in the public school system, and look how he turned out. Poor baby.

So when he says she's screwed-- he probably knows.

You dont know that theyre gonna pay jack-shit; youre simply talking PC shit to ingratiate yourself.

School fired a woman for having premarital sex then hired a man they knew had premarital sex. That it was her fiance is icing on the cake. PC shit has nothing to do with it.

Jimmy labored mightily in the public school system, and look how he turned out. Poor baby.

So when he says she's screwed-- he probably knows.

Speak of the Devil.

I just this minute put aside the Halberstam classic, THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST, after reading about how the elites feed the masses inferior public schools, to preserve their hegemony. Its true.

As for the teacher, it aint me saying shes screwed, its Oliver Wendell Holmes saying it from the grave. I simply remind folks to check the fine print.

School fired a woman for having premarital sex then hired a man they knew had premarital sex. That it was her fiance is icing on the cake. PC shit has nothing to do with it.

BS. Any adult who buys the blabber pols puke deserves what they get. Like Jackie Cogan says, IN AMERICA YOURE ON YOUR OWN. And I say youre a PC kneepad boy cuz you believe the BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6GHnxEJjg

Last edited by a moderator:
BS. Any adult who buys the blabber pols puke deserves what they get. Like Jackie Cogan says, IN AMERICA YOURE ON YOUR OWN. And I say youre a PC kneepad boy cuz you believe the BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6GHnxEJjg

LOL! Because it's the Huffington Post? You don't think Glen Beck would have a field day with this? You're on a whole different rant than what I posted to. And/or maybe you're hitting the sauce early.

Last edited:
LOL! Because it's the Huffington Post? You don't think Glen Beck would have a field day with this? You're on a whole different rant than what I posted to. And/or maybe you're hitting the sauce early.

Jesus sent me to AH to save your soul cuz God dont let liberals into Heaven. The fools all go to hell. You got no gratitude.

Actually I dont drink. No one believes it but its true.

Jesus sent me to AH to save your soul cuz God dont let liberals into Heaven. The fools all go to hell. You got no gratitude.

Actually I dont drink. No one believes it but its true.

Ha! Keep stirring, JBJ. Every church needs an agnostic.

Back