Posting pics online - good/bad idea?

People are mentioning photo shop and the consquences if your employer sees you, but pretty much all photos are digital now, you don't even have to put the photo on the web yourself, take any ordinary photo of you at a party, someone posts it on facebook, one of their friends thinks you look hot, so takes a copy and posts it on hot girlfriends etc etc etc.

Someone thinks you look hot so photoshops you onto a naked body.

Hey presto naked pics of you on the net, with out you doing anything. If employers don't even need to give a reason (who thought up that wonder of an idea), then they don't even need to tell you that they have seen your pic, so you would never know.

I'm not suggesting throwing caution to the wind, but an annonymous picture is going to be very difficult to trace even if you try.
Not all pictures are digital, but once it reaches the Internet, it is. And if you're going to associate with people who won't ask your permission when they are going to use your picture on their face book page, good luck on that. Of course they have privacy restrictions and all, but some people consider someone they just met on line as a friend. People who have never experienced such a situation just don't think it will happen to them. If I had friends who like to post pictures on face book, I'd make sure to check for one of me. You have the right to demand that your face is blurred out, or something similar. And if your friend complains that it will ruin the picture, maybe they need to understand what's possible, too.

I was on a sex site once, and an 18 year old girl had a bunch of pictures posted. This has been at least 10 years ago. I was checking out the site's pictures, like a sex pervert does, and found hers. She had quite a few, and every one had her face showing. But what was really stupid was she had her driver's license scanned and put that up, too. She hadn't blurred anything out, or even altered her address in any way. Anybody who wanted to know had several very good pictures of her face, as well as her street address, and the city and state she lived in.

Just like anybody else could, I made a copy of her license. I took it into Photoshop and changed things around. I didn't blur anything, but put in a different address, city and other things that I could. Then, I sent that copy back to her in an email, explaining what I did and how anybody in the world would know who she is, what she looks like and where she lives. I told her she should replace the real license with the one I altered, just to be safe.

You know what she said? She got pissed that I altered her license and said if she wanted to put her driver's license on the Internet, it was her business and I should leave her alone. Well, that's what I did. I wonder if she's still alive.

Something else that should make you think, before putting or letting someone else put a picture of you on the Internet. If you have kids, and some day you get into a heated divorce or maybe someone who used to be a friend of yours decides to get even with you and shows a link of your picture to the proper authorities, you will most likely get a knock on the door and your kids will be taken from you, until you can prove to a judge that you aren't the creepy pervert you seem to be from the Internet picture. Sure, it might be an innocent picture from your point of view, but like many things in life, it isn't what you think, it's what others think. I'm not talking about a face book image, but one that might have been taken from face book or some other legitimate site and put where you wouldn't want it to be.

It's very easy to get blamed for something just because it looks bad. It's 10 times more difficult to prove yourself innocent. Trust me, I've been there and it sucks when people don't believe you. It's common for a criminal to say they didn't do it, or that they were framed, so when you say the same thing do you think it's going to carry much weight? How do you prove a negative? If all you have is "I didn't do it" or "that's not really me", good luck.
 
Last edited:
But what was really stupid was she had her driver's license scanned and put that up, too.

Funny thing, I did the same (I only added a website watermark). It got pulled by the mods then though and this pissed me off, too. The discussion never got further then "Why the fuck would I want to do such a thing?" and me argueing that this is the wrong kind of question - why shouldn't I do it if it's not forbidden?

The next argument was that everyone in the online world would have my real life address. I countered this argument with the fact that the government forced me to have this very same information on the website I operate anyway due to consumer protection laws. Then they used some bullshit about copyright and then they ended the discussion.

*sighs*
So much about freedom.
 
Funny thing, I did the same (I only added a website watermark). It got pulled by the mods then though and this pissed me off, too. The discussion never got further then "Why the fuck would I want to do such a thing?" and me argueing that this is the wrong kind of question - why shouldn't I do it if it's not forbidden?

The next argument was that everyone in the online world would have my real life address. I countered this argument with the fact that the government forced me to have this very same information on the website I operate anyway due to consumer protection laws. Then they used some bullshit about copyright and then they ended the discussion.

*sighs*
So much about freedom.
I understand your point as well as the mod's point. You might only have to worry about someone reading your posts to find out when you weren't at home, so they could burglarize your place. I don't know you very well and no offense intended, but I'd guess you were never an 18 year old cutie like she was. I could almost smell how sweet she was through my monitor. I'd guess burglary might not be in some sicko's mind when he looked at her pictures...and her home address. :rolleyes:
 
I post pics...

I take my own and get a real thrill from it - but like most things there is a risk, I don't show my face but I would never let anyone else photograph me no matter how much I trusted them - I want to do all of the editing myself and only I have the original images.
Should someone recognise me.... well I would know that they are a perv for finding the photos in the first place.
Be careful and only do it if it is going to give you enough pleasure or thrill to make it worth it
 
Funny thing, I did the same (I only added a website watermark). It got pulled by the mods then though and this pissed me off, too. The discussion never got further then "Why the fuck would I want to do such a thing?" and me argueing that this is the wrong kind of question - why shouldn't I do it if it's not forbidden?

The next argument was that everyone in the online world would have my real life address. I countered this argument with the fact that the government forced me to have this very same information on the website I operate anyway due to consumer protection laws. Then they used some bullshit about copyright and then they ended the discussion.

*sighs*
So much about freedom.

'S'worse than that in adult. If I want any naked pictures at all on my websites--not of me, mind you, just of any models--I am technically required by law to put my address on those sites as the place where "records" (i.e., proof that the models are 18+) are kept. As I don't have the funds to rent an office or whatever, the address would have to be my home address. To protect the children, you see. You can get away with any kind of bullshit if you tack "FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!" on it.

Therefore, everybody's wearing clothes on my sites.
 
IMHO, don't do it, there are very few things I would not do if ordered to by my Dom, actually, the only condition I put on him is no posting pictures of any part of me online or public outing of me and/or our relationship.

All of you techies know more about this than I, from what I understand many photos can be easily traced to there source. Plus the technology to take a picture that shows my mouth and scan all existing pictures on the internet can't be far off.

I'll admit, I'm paranoid about pictures, but if I were outed for the kinko that I am, my life would be destroyed.
 
Great Idea

Hi Gina,

Love the idea of you being turned on by taking and posting your sexy pictures. Pity you don't trust anyone else to take them though. My gf loves me to take really hot pics of her and it's really exciting and pleasurable for both of us; she also loves the reaction she gets from others but like you never shows her face so it's fun but safe. Keep being naughty.

Mick x
 
Or be like me, and just don't give a flying fuck.

There are naked pictures of me on the internet (in my sig even). I don't care.

I have sent explicit pictures to people. I don't care.

If something happens, I will deal with the consequences as they arise. I'm not interested in a land of what-ifs...sure, somebody I work with could find them. But I really don't care, so...life goes on.

This is the boat I sail in myself. Most of my pics are without my face showing, but some show all of me.

I don't want a hassle in my live, but I don't want to not be who I am.


:cool:
 
I think you should try it and see how it goes.

You can cover your tatts, etc with image editing software like "the gimp", which is a free copycat of Photoshop.
 
No. Posting pics online is a bad idea. Too many douchebags. Even if someone claims they are not don't.
 
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread, so I hope I'm in the right place to be asking these kind of questions... I'm not sure if I'm officially in the 'BDSM Lifestyle' (some of you seem to be pretty specific about what that is) but I like to get dominated and slave role-play with my husband on a regular basis so I guess we're kind of into it. Anyway, he says that he wants to make me anonymously post pics of myself online or make me perform on cam for guys as a kind of punishment. This obviously wouldn't show my face or whatever, and I'm super turned on by the idea cos I find it kind of humiliating/degrading that he wants to show me off to pervy strangers who might wank over me. My only reservation is that I would somehow be identifiable as I have some tattoos that close friends could in theory recognise.. but what are the chances of that ever happening?? Then again you hear stories these days of stuff going viral online and it gets pretty fucked up if suddenly everyone knows your secret kinky sex life... I was just wondering what's everyone's opinions of this kind of thing? OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to do anything I'm genuinely not comfortable with, don't worry :) I was just wondering if other people think its a bad idea or if they've even done something like that themselves..

My answer it yes, I have posted pics of myself on web sites, but I take safe guards. One is I have a caption with my Id on it so it cant be used by someone else. 2 is that Eric is of course not my real name. 3. Is the area where I live is false, but everything else in my profile is true. If my real indenty got out I would be ruined. As to tatoos, it depends how big they are, but you can put a plaster on them, or a discretly placed scarf or pantess;) Im full of ideas, just try me ;)
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't say that it's a 'great' idea, but it could be a lot of fun for you and who can really stop you? As far as I am concerned; if it is something that you really want to do, then you should have at it. Don't let the prudes spoil your fun.
 
Ummm...

So, I have three questions...

1) What would they be doing wherever these hypothetical pics are posted in order to see them?

2) How closely would they have to be looking to note the identifying marks?

3) And it would be bad how if someone who you already know well enough to know about your identifying marks found out you like to "slip the leash" now and then? (Review answers to 1 and 2 in conjunction with 3.

Was just wondering. ;)
 
So, I have three questions...

1) What would they be doing wherever these hypothetical pics are posted in order to see them?

2) How closely would they have to be looking to note the identifying marks?

3) And it would be bad how if someone who you already know well enough to know about your identifying marks found out you like to "slip the leash" now and then? (Review answers to 1 and 2 in conjunction with 3.

Was just wondering. ;)
I understand where you're going with these questions but you should realize a lot more matters who the pictures are of, than who found them or happened to mention where they saw them.

There are any number of scenarios where someone could use pictures against you. Someone could help you lose your job, damage a marriage, embarrass you in college or maybe your local PTA. When it comes down to it, most people won't talk about who found the pictures nearly as much as they will talk about the person in the pictures.

Taking pictures where you face isn't shown and no identifiable markings are shown is one thing. You might be able to get away with that. But, even those can be used, if someone wants to. Once they are out in the world, the world has them. Take your risks as you see them. And of course, a risk to one person is a desire for another.
 
I would probably buy one of those spandex hoods. The ones that shimmer as if they are latex, but the wearer can still see through them without the viewer seeing the wearer's face. That would not only take care of obscuring my face, but might tap into some people's kinks in the process. As for setting, I would not take the pictures at my apartment. How many of you have seen someone's picture that they took with their cellphone camera using the bathroom mirror, and commented on what a messy bathroom they had? Aside from being a very poor housekeeper, too many people have seen my apartment. Yes, I know the odds of anyone recognizing my apartment's decor are long, but I don't see a reason to take the chance. I'd reserve a room in a nice clean hotel for a night of picture-taking instead. And as for tattoos, I don't have any. :D

Now, in spite of what I've just said above, it's unlikely I would take revealing pictures of myself and put them on the Internet. Exhibitionism is not really in my nature.
 
Apart from full face shots, I still say that with the proliforation of porn nowa days, it's going to be almost impossible for someone to accidentally come across your anonymous pics.

Then it's going to be even more unlikely that they would recognise you without your face.

For example have a look at our pics, Whilst we show full bodies, who on earth has seen our bodies in that much detail that they would instantly recognise you.

People latch on to faces for recognition, it's just the way we work as humans, most of us would struggle to identify our partners in a 1000 tits pics or cock pics.

You could even try this out get 1000 cock or tit pics and slip yours into them, then get your partner to browse through, not telling them that you are in the pics.

At the end ask if he liked them or noticed anything unusual. This is the most intimate person you know and more than likely they will have just skimmed over the pic and not even realised. ps don't wear the obvious underwear they know, as a friend would not ever see your underwear, so could not use that to identify you.

I say 1000 pics because this will save time, there are millions of naked pics online.

Now if someone is looking for pics of you then this is different and it does reduce the odds somewhat, but why are they looking for these pics??? How do they already know they exist.

I still recon a needle in a haystack is an easier task, than identifying a pic on the internet. It would probably be far easier to identify you by your email address, or your profile description, but then again you have to be looking for it in the first place.

If the person looking is a computer whizz then they would more than likely just hack your laptop instead, which lets face it pics or no pics is pretty extreme lengths to go to.

The far more common experience where people get caught out is people posting pics/comments on their real twitter/facebook accounts. This is very easy for people you know to find, share and employers to get hold of. In fact I am still surprised how lax most people are with their facebook and twitter privacy settings. This will provide massive more ammo for someone to hurt you than a fake profile, no one knows about, with body shots that do not show your face.

But the lack of a face is key, you add a face and it changes the odds.
 
Back
Top