Seven Years?

jaF0

Watcher
Former Volkswagen manager Oliver Schmidt gets 7 years in diesel emissions ...

USA TODAY - 9:22am

DETROIT - A federal court judge in Detroit sentenced a former Volkswagen manager Wednesday to seven years in prison and ordered him to pay $400,000 in the company's massive diesel emissions cheating scandal

Hmmmm......

Not sure how I feel about this one. Mostly economic, no real 'victims' as such. Vehicles never endangered anyone that I know of.

Don't we have other needs for prison cells, even if this guy will probably get one with tennis court time?

This is the USA where we are harder on making money than violent crime.

Rapist or pedo? No problem let them out early because Jesus!

Got scammers and potheads to lock up.

i honestly don't mind. fuck these cunts. they need some prison time because fines clearly don't work when they can just raise their prices a bit and pass it on to the consumer.

He's still better off here than in China.

That sentence would have been a bullet into the back of the head.

He's still better off here than in China.

That sentence would have been a bullet into the back of the head.

The Chinese model isn't so much "Take no prisoners" as "Keep no prisoners." No lengthy appeals in capital-crimes cases. No "last supper", and an early morning final walk to the gallows or chair with a padre by your side. Fast and efficient.

Alas, this approach depletes the talent pool rather quickly. It's kinda like Aztec empire-building being difficult because enemies were sacrificed and eaten, not recruited. No wonder their empire collapsed before a few dozen mounted and armored Spaniards. Surrender first and maybe you won't be eaten. In China it's, leave now and you won't be executed; stay, and you're bullet fodder.

Why would there be?

They wouldn't even let them suffer their own consequences because too big to fail!

Because they're criminals who committed crimes.

AIG, Wells Fargo, and the like... they caused a lot more financial damage than Volkswagon. Lock them up.

Because they're criminals who committed crimes.

What crimes?

Last I checked they did no such thing.

AIG, Wells Fargo, and the like... they caused a lot more financial damage than Volkswagon. Lock them up.

Yep....but that's not a crime though.

They pay both parties so they got bailed out instead of getting fucked......millions in bonuses for the big wigs who destroyed those companies.

Isn't government wonderful! :D It boggles my mind you and others want to give them even MORE money and power.

What crimes?

Last I checked they did no such thing.

Well Fargo absolutely committed crimes. They forged accounts for hundreds of thousands of people. AIG mislead and lied to the feds. Those are also crimes.

They pay both parties so they got bailed out instead of getting fucked......millions in bonuses for the big wigs who destroyed those companies.

Isn't government wonderful! :D It boggles my mind you and others want to give them even MORE money and power.

Guess who lobbied to have the laws changed to benefit the companies?

Hint: it wasn't the government.

Well Fargo absolutely committed crimes. They forged accounts for hundreds of thousands of people. AIG mislead and lied to the feds. Those are also crimes.

Then prosecute....but I don't think there is a case.

Guess who lobbied to have the laws changed to benefit the companies?

Hint: it wasn't the government.

100% irrelevant!! Nice try at alleviating the precious and perfect government of ALL responsibility for it's action/inaction though.

Guess where the buck stops and who is ultimately responsible for the application of the almighty power of government?

Guess who is carries the ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY for the execution of justice??

Guess who cut these scum bags a cool trillion plus for nearly crashing the economy so they could still get tens of millions in bonuses stolen from the taxpayer?

Hint: it's the politicians....from both parties no less!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Guess who cut these scum bags a cool trillion plus for nearly crashing the economy so they could still get tens of millions in bonuses stolen from the taxpayer?

Hint: it's the politicians....from both parties no less!!! :eek:

On this, we agree.

And my solution is to demand that all those accountable, be thrown in jail.

What's your solution?

On this, we agree.

What's your solution?

LOL demand away!!! Never going to happen.

Hell we re-elected most of them and will continue to do so, most partisans want to give these people MORE money and power.

There is no solution, once government has the power to pick and choose what companies/industries are winners and losers it's practically guaranteed this bitch will burn to the ground before they give that power up. We have better odds of them voting themselves out of a lifetime of gravy train money and power with term limits.

BotanyBoy said:
The bailout was passed in Bush's term. But yeah, corporatist Obama didn't prosecute, IMHO his worst fucking failing. "But we did it for the kids, er I mean to stabilize the economy." Yeah. And to keep donations flowing. Imagine that...

On this, we agree.

What's your solution?
Throw-em all in jail where they can stamp-out license plates and be raped by husky, dusky roommates. Confiscate their minks and Maseratis and McMansions and money. Let-em eat slop.

While we're at it, pump out some memes about Corporate Maggots. And their enablers, in the White House, Congress, SCOTUS, and media. Defame-em all.

The bailout was passed in Bush's term. But yeah, corporatist Obama didn't prosecute, IMHO his worst fucking failing. "But we did it for the kids, er I mean to stabilize the economy." Yeah. And to keep donations flowing. Imagine that...

Oh I'm not an (R) or (R) fan or protecting the GOP, they were all about the super welfare for the rich.

Some folks think it was the right move....I've heard support, some points rather convincing, from both parties so maybe in some ways it was.

Being a liberal and highly capitalistic though I think it was totally fucking criminal, terrible for the US Citizenry and economy for an extensive number of reasons.....if anyone should have been bailed out it should have been everyone EXCEPT the sleaze bags who ended up getting bailed out. They should have been tied up and kicked in the balls or tit checked by everyone they fucked over.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
i honestly don't mind. fuck these cunts. they need some prison time because fines clearly don't work when they can just raise their prices a bit and pass it on to the consumer.

Agreed. Jail time is ass no matter how much cash you have in the bank.

Back