Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
lion roar: job hunting sucks complete & total ass, no 2 ways about it.

how long have you been out? and what's your target situation?

ed

I've been out for five months. I didn't start looking right away, as I used the time to almost fully resolve myself of a health issue. Then the holiday season came up, where the only work available was seasonal. Now that the holidays are over, I'm hitting it hard.

I'm really just looking for something full time that isn't directly sales. Since I graduated, I've been a legal assistant (was curious about law school, not anymore) and I stumbled ass backwards into a fantastic job creating, editing, and fact checking presentations for a pharma company. I was filling in for someone who was on medical leave, but alas it was temporary.
 
Don't jump so quickly to exclude this solution, as with some it is the only way they'll ever learn. Case in point - I'm watching Bering Sea Gold tonight and they're hyping that someone drowned. Early in the show, one of the divers doesn't show up at the boat to go out. He calls the boat later and suggested he could just swim out. Guess what, he tried, then rescue crews had to fish his lifeless body from the sea. Definitely a Darwin Award contender.

Well I'll just rely on the truly stupid to weed themselves out. I'll stick to enforcing the dickheads.

My favorite Darwin Award would have to be the one where a man tries to steal lobsters by putting them down his pants. There were no rubber bands on their claws :D
 
lion roar quoth:
i've been out for five months. i didn't start looking right away, as i used the time to almost fully resolve myself of a health issue. then the holiday season came up, where the only work available was seasonal. now that the holidays are over, i'm hitting it hard.
if you're on twitter, you should begin following @myfootpath and a slew of other folks. they're terrific career resources aimed at those in the early stages of their career path. what networking groups are you involved in?

lion roar quoth:
i'm really just looking for something full time that isn't directly sales. since i graduated, i've been a legal assistant (was curious about law school, not anymore) and i stumbled ass backwards into a fantastic job creating, editing, and fact checking presentations for a pharma company. i was filling in for someone who was on medical leave, but alas it was temporary.
if you haven't done this already, get in touch with the people with whom you were working at the pharma firm wishing them a happy new & asking how things are. just keep them aware that you are thinking of them. see how that person that was on medical leave is doing.

pharma is one of a handful of industries where once you have the experience you're golden but if you don't have it you're fucked. or at least, in a bad job market it is. so you should keep on working on back into it if at all possible. there are recruiters who specialize in that industry. find 'em on google/linkedin & reach out to 'em.

and see if you can get recommendations from those folks where you were temping.

ed
 
The-Explosion--jpg_175247.jpg


Tigers are assholes.


Tender-Moment-jpg_175245.jpg


Cheetahs are not assholes like tigers as seen above.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
funny_math_logic_04.jpg




Math-Teacher-During-In-Exam.jpg


Haha I remember feeling this way in school.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Contacts

in two months

new - renewed - friends raised to close - family never met in my home - all a mind blast - an initial purpose with all but a sense this is only the beginning for each contact. Shaking my head in amazement.
 
Contacts

in two months

new - renewed - friends raised to close - family never met in my home - all a mind blast - an initial purpose with all but a sense this is only the beginning for each contact. Shaking my head in amazement.

Damn - just melt...
 
Scored 95% on the pre-test for the upcoming class. I can't decide if I should be elated or scared. I'll go with scared; it's never a good thing to let your guard down.
 
Little Seether (say it out loud and you'll realize that it sounds like Little Caesar, but with a lisp... You will know how clever I am)
 
The-Explosion--jpg_175247.jpg


Tigers are assholes.


Tender-Moment-jpg_175245.jpg


Cheetahs are not assholes like tigers as seen above.
Christopher, Busch Gardens in Tampa has an adult cheetah and a yellow labrador who have been raised together since birth. They're best friends; they play and live together. This particular cheetah is the only one that's used to the dog, so they're kept sequestered from the rest of the cheetahs. It's so cool to watch them play. I could watch them all day.

Kasi and Mtani
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top