A Picture is Worth a Thousand FAWCs

MistressLynn: The FAWC stories have been moved to the individual author files, but they still have FAWCKer identified as the author and not the true author. Any way to get that fixed?

And a wrapup thanks to you and Slyc for setting this up and carrying through with it.

I think that's the typical cache issue. Give it 24 hours ( which is probably about now ) and the listing will change on the public side.

Meant to explain where Wallpaper came from, but I had to finish the winter story first.

The first thing I saw in the photo was the orange color, which made me think of November. Last November my family took a cruise to Mexico to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday (and our 40ths). Since I still associate November with going into labor on Thanksgiving, I decided that was the story I wanted to tell.

Most of the family conflict in the story was made up. The vacation, the Peaceful Place, the twins that came later- all made up.

The pregnancy, labor, birth, etc. were all accurate. Well, I didn't throw a cell phone, and I laughed at something on Will and Grace, not an Internet meme.

It was eleven years ago tonight that I went into labor on Thanksgiving, and my girlie was born at 1:30ish on Black Friday. I don't like to shop anyway, so that was just dandy with me.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. Get some good bargains tomorrow!

Lee

I think that's the typical cache issue. Give it 24 hours ( which is probably about now ) and the listing will change on the public side.

The author name on one of my F3 stories has changed, but not on another one ("F3 Wave!")

Thank you so much to Slyc for organising this again, even though I gather he had issues coming up in his own life. I hope everything is A-0K in the Slyc world.
And thank you MistressLynn for picking up the baton and doing the hard work of keeping things tootling along.
:rose:

I enjoy the FAWC stories so much and it was great to see them being rewarded much better in the scores this time round. Hopefully people have realised that when a FAWC comes up, there will be high quality stories entered, so they are going along to read and vote accordingly.

I love to read good erotica, not for the obvious reasons. (What? I can't help it if my li'l eyes start to shine and I lick my lips while reading. It is a longstanding habit, 'n nothing to do with any hot action going on in the story, I am a consummated professional ... I mean a consummate professional when reviewing, I assure you. I am merely writing this post from my bed because it is warm and cosy on a cold December day, not at all because I got excited all over again thinking about the hot stories in the latest FAWC.)

Anyway, I was saying ... I love to read good erotica because there are often other intriguing themes being explored underneath the cover, as it were. As a postmodern thinker, I of course believe that sexuality is at the core of our beings. So when you have stories which are unabashedly about sexuality, other things can be properly placed in the story like jewels in the crown.

Oh ... now I have to go and make the sandwiches, so I will post my thoughts on how this works out in each story later.
:cool:

Thank you so much to Slyc for organising this again, even though I gather he had issues coming up in his own life. I hope everything is A-0K in the Slyc world.

Everything is fine. I apologize for my abrupt departure during an event that I myself started, but I'm glad that Lynn was able -- as I knew she would be -- to take over the reigns in mid-stream, so to speak. Thank you, Lynn.

I am also very happy to see the discussion about the stories as has become typical of FAWC. While there may be criticism about the whole "declaring a winner" aspect of FAWC, I think that facet of these challenges is a pretty minor thing when compared to the open and honest critique of the entries themselves. Not to downplay those who have been awarded the increasingly coveted ( :p ) FAWC trophy, but I think the real satisfaction of this exercise is the peer review process. To me, that is more valuable than any amount of bragging rights.

But bragging rights are still fun, too. ;)

As I've stated already, FAWC 4 will be placed after the Valentine's Day contest. I thought about slipping one in after December 14th, but, being the holiday season, I figure most of us will be busy with Christmas, Chanukah, and other endeavors. So, let's take a breather, enjoy the season, and be bright and shiny for another round of challenges in a couple of months.

Oh Mr :cool:, I am glad to hear you are OK! I was thinking about you.

Thank you again for organising these contests. I really love them - even when I'm so much over the ears in stuff that I don't manage to get up very early in the morning and write a FAWC story before I have to toss off hot sausages. Do organise one over Christmas if you can, I will do my very best. I can probably run off a story quite well while surrounded by stockings ;).

(I'm coming back to this thread with more thoughts on all the FAWC3 stories :devil:.)

Prediction:

PILOT will submit 6 stories to FAWC 4 and win by default.

Then Naoko will gush over his triumph and crow that she just knew he would win.

PILOT will be annoyed that he only gets one trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prediction:

JBJ won't enter a story in FAWC 4 but will talk about the green E he got with his alt for the one he didn't enter.

Then he will bitch because someone other than him actually won with a really great story that he thought was a piece of crap.

:D

Prediction:

JBJ won't enter a story in FAWC 4 but will talk about the green E he got with his alt for the one he didn't enter.

Then he will bitch because someone other than him actually won with a really great story that he thought was a piece of crap.

:D

Can you imagine the shit I'd invite if my story beat PILOTs?

Can you imagine the shit I'd invite if my story beat PILOTs?

I can't imagine there would be any shit. You are just making up lame excuses to avoid putting your writing on the line.

Who do you think the shit would be from? I've posted to the board that your writing is just fine (although what I read wasn't erotica) and I've even defended your writing on the board. So, who is it who would give your FAWC any more shit than any one else gets?

You, in fact, posted several posts on this thread about what you were writing for your FAWC 3 entry--as if we all needed a blow-by-blow description of a story that never happened. You just need the attention and don't want to do the work. That is your pattern on this Web site.

Last edited:
Prediction:

PILOT will submit 6 stories to FAWC 4 and win by default.

Then Naoko will gush over his triumph and crow that she just knew he would win.

PILOT will be annoyed that he only gets one trophy.

You're stomping toes here rather than actually contributing anything useful. If you expect Pilot or TX to stay off your back, you could maybe show them the same respect and not go rocking boats about trivial things.

But I say this would be a great opportunity for you JBJ. An ANONYMOUS writing challenge. Even if your so called AH trolls can pick your story out, any of the other readers that read and score wouldn't. This could be a chance for you to sling your story to FAWCer, and get some honest feedback from it. And as Slyc said, the reward isn't really with Red H's or imaginary trophies here. Its the exercise itself, and the (key word) "friendly" discussion and feedback it generates here in the forum. It let's you flex your writing muscles, receive honest feedback anonymously, and work and learn with other authors.

So yeah, it'd be nice if you'd actually let your writing do the talking in this case. Flinging mud isn't gonna do much but just get another thread dirty.

You're stomping toes here rather than actually contributing anything useful. If you expect Pilot or TX to stay off your back, you could maybe show them the same respect and not go rocking boats about trivial things.

But I say this would be a great opportunity for you JBJ. An ANONYMOUS writing challenge. Even if your so called AH trolls can pick your story out, any of the other readers that read and score wouldn't. This could be a chance for you to sling your story to FAWCer, and get some honest feedback from it. And as Slyc said, the reward isn't really with Red H's or imaginary trophies here. Its the exercise itself, and the (key word) "friendly" discussion and feedback it generates here in the forum. It let's you flex your writing muscles, receive honest feedback anonymously, and work and learn with other authors.

So yeah, it'd be nice if you'd actually let your writing do the talking in this case. Flinging mud isn't gonna do much but just get another thread dirty.

CircleJerk? Do the letters FO mean anything to you? if I want your feedback I'll ask for it. If I wanna twist PILOT/TEXs ears nuthin you can do about it.

CircleJerk? Do the letters FO mean anything to you? if I want your feedback I'll ask for it. If I wanna twist PILOT/TEXs ears nuthin you can do about it.

That's certainly fine. But I wouldn't cry about people trolling your story if there is no story and you're just gonna start crap with the accused all the time. If Tex and Pilot need no one to ask for an ear twisting, I have no one to ask for providing my feedback.

Submit us a FAWC entry for FAWC 4. You will get the same respect as anyone else. Plenty of people would like to read it (myself included). If your trolls attack then take it away after the contest and be done with FAWC. What could it hurt? It's just a story.

That's certainly fine. But I wouldn't cry about people trolling your story if there is no story and you're just gonna start crap with the accused all the time. If Tex and Pilot need no one to ask for an ear twisting, I have no one to ask for providing my feedback.

Submit us a FAWC entry for FAWC 4. You will get the same respect as anyone else. Plenty of people would like to read it (myself included). If your trolls attack then take it away after the contest and be done with FAWC. What could it hurt? It's just a story.

Blow it out your ass with the respect blabber. What makes you think the lame shit Willie and Tex hallucinate are interesting?

You're not twisting anyone's ears, Jim. You are doing your usual attention-getting "thing" based on zero work, and I don't really care if you participate in FAWC or not.

Oh hullo sweet things, are you having a bun fight? May I wave my buns at anyone? ;)

I have just popped back to say I did write a review of patientlee's story on my blog, I couldn't resist.

Just a minute. I'll go get my condoms and then take a look.

Every time JBJ posts his "let me assert cheap expertise" posts there's a bun fight. That's his specialty.

Oh hullo sweet things, are you having a bun fight? May I wave my buns at anyone? ;)

I have just popped back to say I did write a review of patientlee's story on my blog, I couldn't resist.

Thanks, Naoko! Just like the commercial says- Having a baby changes everything.

If only the second and third pregnancies had been as easy. (The third wasn't planned. You wouldn't want that one for your blog. Hubby and I were 35 years old, shaking like teenagers when we had to tell my parents. Not long before, my mother had threatened to divorce me if I had another one.)

And as far as pain goes, I'm pretty sure that there are some magical hormones at work, making sure you forget. ;)

Thank you!

Just a minute. I'll go get my condoms and then take a look.

Goodness! I had no idea looking at my buns would be so stimulating! :devil:

Although today when I went in the butcher's, the American one was washing his hands so the cub one got in to serve me before him. "I nearly had you," the American said. "Many a man has said the same," I assured him.

Back