The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

I'm absolutely devastated to let you all know my Dad lost his fight.. He died peacefully in my arms at 2.45am 1st July..

I've never felt this sad, angry ( he was let down so bad)) empty in my life.. I just want to lock myself away.. I've never hurt like this before...

😢😢😢

Devastating. (((hug)))

I'm absolutely devastated to let you all know my Dad lost his fight.. He died peacefully in my arms at 2.45am 1st July..

I've never felt this sad, angry ( he was let down so bad)) empty in my life.. I just want to lock myself away.. I've never hurt like this before...

😢😢😢

I am so sorry for your loss and your pain! The only way I have traveled a similar path was to focus on all the good things with my loved one and all the time I did to get to have with them. The hole never really left, but gradually I came to find that the pain was less and I moved on. I fucking HATE cancer! Positive thoughts and prayers for you. :rose:

tumblr_ouw2gwjjL91ve7jago1_540.jpg

Fuck You Cancer....

For some reason this struck me as a powerful photo of what happens to many of us after we hear those "you have cancer" words.

Peace, Love and Light to all touched be those words.... :heart:

tumblr_ouw2gwjjL91ve7jago1_540.jpg

Fuck You Cancer....

For some reason this struck me as a powerful photo of what happens to many of us after we hear those "you have cancer" words.

Peace, Love and Light to all touched be those words.... :heart:

That really does grab the essence of those first few minutes or hours or days, or whatever length of time we are stuck in that great darkness! I read your words Shank..."Peace, Love and Light to all touched by those words" and could only think... Amen. :heart:

Fuck you cancer!

He beat your ass! Then the fucking imuno-therapy kills him!? What the fuck!

Hi all....I haven't been here in awhile because I'm Mom's full time caregiver now, and sometimes it's just too hard or there is never enough time just to reach out and touch base with all of you - a fantastic support system, by the way.
Her cancer has progressed from the lungs to the brain, but she did qualify for a clinical trial - 10 shots of full brain radiation, avoiding the hippocampus to hopefully preserve her memory. We weren't prepared for the after effects that didn't start until a month after the last treatment.
Long story short, I'm working, caregiving and am just grateful for each day we make it through, with the hope of a longer life. No cure - but working on making the time that we have with her the best memories one can have.

Peace, love, healing and light to all of you walking this path. :heart:

Sending hugs to you! Cancer has invaded many corners of my life in various forms. I send you my support and encouragement. Life is hard. All we can do is try to endure gracefully. (Oh, and hope nobody goes crazy. Because once family member gets totally off the rails, all bets are off!)

Hi all....I haven't been here in awhile because I'm Mom's full time caregiver now, and sometimes it's just too hard or there is never enough time just to reach out and touch base with all of you - a fantastic support system, by the way.
Her cancer has progressed from the lungs to the brain, but she did qualify for a clinical trial - 10 shots of full brain radiation, avoiding the hippocampus to hopefully preserve her memory. We weren't prepared for the after effects that didn't start until a month after the last treatment.
Long story short, I'm working, caregiving and am just grateful for each day we make it through, with the hope of a longer life. No cure - but working on making the time that we have with her the best memories one can have.

So sorry your mom is going through this horrible disease and the effect it must be having on you and the whole family. Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way :rose:

Being a full-time caregiver is the most insane, challenging, cruel "job" but also has the most rewarding, life-changing moments. Blessings to both you and your mom.

:heart:

I hope you can make memories you will treasure for a lifetime and share enough love to warm and light up the dark places. Hang in there! :rose::rose::rose:

Another rough patch for cmslt2326, so supportive to so many here.

Do help lift her spirits. Give her a shout-out.

You all...
always make me feel so much better. I laugh, cry, and take a deep breath all at the same time.
Thank you, I miss being around here.

cmslt2326 You're in my thoughts also :rose:

Being a full-time caregiver is the most insane, challenging, cruel "job" but also has the most rewarding, life-changing moments. Blessings to both you and your mom.

:heart:

I could not agree more...Stay strong Gypsy Seer and come see us to get virtual hugs and all the love you can handle. I am so very sorry you and Mom are forced to fight this so hard and I send you strength when you are weak and light when the darkness crowds in...Hope you find whatever joy you can with her each and every day.

Last edited:
I could not agree more...Stay strong Gypsy Seer and come see us to get virtual hugs and all the love you can handle. I am so very sorry you and Mom are forced to fight this so hard and I send you strength when you are weak and light when the darkness crowds in...Hope you find whatever joy you can with her each and every day.

You sweet cmslt2326 , are in my thoughts and prayers. Miss your sweet spirit! :rose::rose::rose::rose:

Lymph node is swollen, getting a scan. Trying to think positive it isn't back

😢😢😢

Thoughts and prayers are sent. It is devastating, painful,
and the emptiest feeling one can have when someone we love so very much dies. The hurt is so strong, that the emotional pain becomes physical. Mostly, there are no words of comfort that really help. Things change, life goes on, suddenly everything is different, but somehow...you find strength (after a period of time) and put one foot in front of the other.

I hope you find the strength. Let yourself feel the sadness, cry the tears, and voice the anger. The pain will ebb and flow. Take it as it comes and know, only time will make a difference. The amount of time is unknown.

Again, thoughts and prayers to you. :rose:

I can only echo some of what has been shared with you already.
Yes, being a caregiver to someone is so very difficult at times. It challenges your body, your mind, your heart, and your spirit. But know this, you will never forget the time you spent together or the very special moments you share. Nothing will make you feel more comfort after she leaves you than knowing you did all you could for her and that you were with her and gave her all your love.

Be strong. I always say, tell your loved one, "I love you" as much as possible.
They're three words you don't want to regret not saying.

Positive thoughts sent your way. :rose:

Lymph node is swollen, getting a scan. Trying to think positive it isn't back

Oh my friend, I'm so sorry to hear you have this worry and concern. I pray it's nothing and all is well. Keep positive. Thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

Just checking in. I've posted some of my story in the links in my sig.

Nice to meet you folks.

Back