The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoopee.
A day for finding out where I should have been last week. :eek:

Meanwhile, Coffee please

Or while you're cooking or getting bills paid. Like a cat on a keyboard, I swear.

So true, so true. A hug and a kiss and a pat and a stroke to get them purring goes a long way. Mine gets antsy when he reads over my shoulder. He's a very rewarding reader tho, I must say. He loves my stories. Hmmm, I must go write some more before he wakes up. Then read them to him in bed.

Antsy? Chloe giggles. Ohhhh yes!

Good morning all. Fresh coffee is ready.

BF Maintenance. Now there is a basket full of plot bunnies. What happens if you get behind on the maintenance? Do you have to take him into the shop? It could give a whole new meaning to full service. :D

Back to the chores list for today. It is shrinking slowly.

Back to the chores list for today. It is shrinking slowly.

I have one that's been on my list for a year, and I'm doing it today.

Let's see... gloves, eye protection, dust mask. Check, check and check.

Hrm, what constitutes a good chai?

Saw Despicable Me III. Meh, it was okay.

Gorgeous out tonight!

Good chai = one I like. :p Seriously, I prefer mine not very spicy. I don't mean heat hot, there are just some chai mixes out there that are kind of sharp tasting. I have a sweet tooth myself, so I tend to prefer chais that have a smoother taste, and really like ones with vanilla. I keep thinking maybe I'll make my own concentrate, but haven't gotten there yet.

Thanks for the DM3 review. I know my daughter at least will want to see it, but we may wait for disc.

Oooooh, what are you doing? O_O

I had a brush pile building up by the house and an electric chipper/shredder in the garage. I introduced them. Ninety minutes later I had a pile of chips that will be a good amendment for my sandy soil.

I should have put "long sleeves" on my checklist.

I took a trip to my friendly liquor store yesterday. They packed all my beer and wine into a box for me to take home. I left it on the kitchen table untouched until a little bit ago when I unpacked it and put things away.

I found a playing card on the bottom of the box. The ace of spades. What do you suppose that mean?
It's "suppose" to be the Queen of Spades. It's for good luck. "Blacker than the Ace of Spades" means you're cheating. Nobody likes a cheat.

I was a bit more active than usual yesterday, had an uneasy night and spent much of today snoozing on the sofa.
Old age is really not too much fun at times.

Tea Please.

PS. What's CHAI ?
I thought that was a posh word for tea.

I was a bit more active than usual yesterday, had an uneasy night and spent much of today snoozing on the sofa.
Old age is really not too much fun at times.

Tea Please.

PS. What's CHAI ?
I thought that was a posh word for tea.

With the chores yesterday and today, i can feel for ya. I knocked off an hour or so ago, put everything away and came inside to cool down. A nap snuck up on me with a hammer. I wasn't sleeping as much as drowsing. I think my sugar is low. I forgot about lunch somewhere along the way.

I fed the cat and now I'm here munching on the last few jelly beans I have. I'm feeling a little more alert. So I need to make me something for supper. Smoked sausage, ranch beans, and whole kernel corn sounds like a winner

Fresh coffee and kettle for the night crew. Have fun. I think after I eat, clean up the kitchen, take a shower, I'm headed for bed.

Good chai = one I like. :p Seriously, I prefer mine not very spicy. I don't mean heat hot, there are just some chai mixes out there that are kind of sharp tasting. I have a sweet tooth myself, so I tend to prefer chais that have a smoother taste, and really like ones with vanilla. I keep thinking maybe I'll make my own concentrate, but haven't gotten there yet.

Thanks for the DM3 review. I know my daughter at least will want to see it, but we may wait for disc.

I had one that I liked once, but haven't cared for any I've tried since.

Wood chippers are so cool; I bet you had a lot a fun, lol.

Not really. I've had the chipper/shredder for 25+ years. I originally bought it because, with kids growing up, it was what I could afford. It takes a lot of work to feed things through it and I was fairly wiped out when I was done. Better replacements are in the range of $800-$1200 but I might get around to replacing it. I can't see having the cuttings hauled away. My gardens need them.

Hey, I see Laurel is catching up on the monthly category winners and awards with October and November now announced. So congrats to SamScribble for a November nomination. And a hug for myself for "Teddy Bear for Christmas" getting nominated. Neither of us got further than that tho. But that made my morning.

And all the best! 4th of July! Yaaay. Party party party. Except I'm pulling a shift. Someone's gotta do it but it's only for the day. Get off in time to get out.

Good morning all! :rose: Working on a slow day. I've had chicken marinating for three days and thinking of making a bluberry cobbler.

Morning MP, a cobbler sounds good. I don't have any blueberries but I do have blackberries. I'll pull a couple of bags out of the freezer while I'm thinking about it. I have a 10 inch deep dish pie pan somewhere. That means a dive trip into the dark depths of the lower cabinets. My knees won't like that at all.

Fresh coffee is ready and a clean kettle. I'm having waffles for breakfast with strawberry Jam.

I don't know if I''ll be on the remaining chores today or not. I kind of over did things yesterday. A blister on my thumb and some sore muscles here and there. It probably did me more good than not but....

Last edited:
Well, an exciting morning. Water pipe leaked somewhere and there's a flood on the floor above us and water coming thru the ceiling further down the floor. Fun fun fun. Thankfully business is quiet.

Morning MP, a cobbler sounds good. I don't have any blueberries but I do have blackberries. I'll pull a couple of bags out of the freezer while I'm thinking about it. I have a 10 inch deep dish pie pan somewhere. That means a dive trip into the dark depths of the lower cabinets. My knees won't like that at all.

Fresh coffee is ready and a clean kettle. I'm having waffles for breakfast with strawberry Jam.

I don't know if I''ll be on the remaining chores today or not. I kind of over did things yesterday. A blister on my thumb and some sore muscles here and there. It probably did me more good than not but....

I've only made a blackberry one once but it was scrumptious!

Well, an exciting morning. Water pipe leaked somewhere and there's a flood on the floor above us and water coming thru the ceiling further down the floor. Fun fun fun. Thankfully business is quiet.

:eek: Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back