Rainy Day story challenge

matriarch

Rotund retiree
Rainy Day Challenge

I made a suggestion on the ABSTRUSIONS hang out, about setting up a story challenge, similar to those held on the Poetry Forum.

So far, a good handful of people are up for it, so I thought I'd post it generally so you can all see.

- A story set around a sexual encounter in the rain.

- Set parameters of length (max, not min).

- The words 'Rainy Day' to be included in the title.

- Obviously, the text must make specific reference to some sort of sexual encounter during rain.

- A specific closing date (so far, people are agreeable to end of Sept, early Oct., as many people have current commitments which make it impossible to do it earlier. My suggestion would be to have the story ready for submission by midnight on 30 September, for posting on 5 October How does that sound???

- Arrangements with Laurel for the chosen posting date (see above)

I've never set up anything like this before, but I'm willing to give it a go (Lou, if you're around any advice/help would be appreciated ).

So far, Vella, Belegon, Lucky, Honey, Cloudy, (I guess I should enter as well) have said they'd like to take part.

Any more takers??

Mat
(quaking inwardly at the realisation of just what she has taken on. :eek: :eek: )

Count me in, though it will tie in tightly with the Halloween comp.

I'll try get my Halloween entry done so I can do this one.

impressive said:
I'd be happy to participate.

So many new people here in teh Author's Hangout...Have I been away that long???

Hello and welcom, Impressive!

doormouse said:
Count me in, though it will tie in tightly with the Halloween comp.

I'll try get my Halloween entry done so I can do this one.

You'll have a whole month before Halloween!!!!!

Glad to have you on board.

:kiss:

Impressive, EZ, welcome to the team.

Honey, you make a damn good hostess. Thanks for being there to welcome the newbies while I was away.

I guess I need to set to, and start organising 'stuff' now.

Mat

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

In fact I may have it written tonight.

But..... Limits?

We don't need no stinking limits. ;)

Dranoel said:
Unless Laurel agrees otherwise, the stories will have to reach the Literotica minimum of 750 words. We had to make special arrangements for the 600-word Snippettsville stories, posting them in batches of four under the Group name.

Edited to add - I'll try to come up with something.

Alex

Dranoel said:
Sounds good to me. I'm in.

In fact I may have it written tonight.

But..... Limits?

Silly dragon.
The only limits will be on the length of the story. Not on content.

Not for any particular reason except I can be a bitch when I put my mind to it, and having a set length will make everyone be very organised in their writing.

Think of it as a useful exercise in concise, precise writing. Strict parameters can sometimes be very useful.

But then again, if everyone is dead set against a set length, then we'll dump that bit, and just get on with the writing.

Mat :rose:

Yeah, since the pressure is off from the Olympic story deadline, I need another whip/carrot set. I'll make an honest attempt.

Not said I'd succeed, but I'll try. :)

#L

Alex De Kok said:
Unless Laurel agrees otherwise, the stories will have to reach the Literotica minimum of 750 words. We had to make special arrangements for the 600-word Snippettsville stories, posting them in batches of four under the Group name.

Alex

Those limits would be the least of my worries. I would be more concerned with being limited to 2000 words or less. Hell, I wouldn't have the lead in finished in that.

:D

Alex De Kok said:

Alex

I wasn't thinking of a minimum, just a maximum.
So none of the stories are too long.

Mat

matriarch said:
Silly dragon.
The only limits will be on the length of the story. Not on content.

Not for any particular reason except I can be a bitch when I put my mind to it, and having a set length will make everyone be very organised in their writing.

Think of it as a useful exercise in concise, precise writing. Strict parameters can sometimes be very useful.

But then again, if everyone is dead set against a set length, then we'll dump that bit, and just get on with the writing.

Mat :rose:

Just leave me some room for dialogue. Please?;)

Dranoel said:
Just leave me some room for dialogue. Please?;)

Dialogue.........oh, you mean talking between the action.

I guess.

I was thinking of another small twist............

ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS IN THE STORY, TO BE A WRITER ON LIT !!!!!!!!

Whaddya think?

Honey123 said:
Read your story...it was really good....I voted and send you a feedback

Thanks so much (again), Honey! Yes - the gender ambiguity was intentional. Insert fantasy of your choice ;)

matriarch said:

I guess.

Whaddya think?

You're askin' for it, Mat! Hell, you were askin' for it yesterday -- but I may just deliver.

EDITED: ROFL -- I just realized how that sounds. Oh, well ...

Last edited:
matriarch said:
Impressive, EZ, welcome to the team.

Honey, you make a damn good hostess. Thanks for being there to welcome the newbies while I was away.

I guess I need to set to, and start organising 'stuff' now.

Mat

Ahh...I am learning from all of you lovely ladies!

impressive said:
You're askin' for it, Mat! Hell, you were askin' for it yesterday -- but I may just deliver.

EDITED: ROFL -- I just realized how that sounds. Oh, well ...

*quaking*..........why does that response fill me with an unnerving sense of foreboding??????

:(

matriarch said:
*quaking*..........why does that response fill me with an unnerving sense of foreboding??????

:(

Shit, now if I do this, it's gonna have to cook.

Oh, the pressure ...

matriarch said:

I guess.

Whaddya think?

What's a story without dialogue? :D

As for a main character being a writer here. Hmmm... Sounds too easy to me. Hard part would be picking which one.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back