What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 12 year old son walks into the room and sees me buried under female anatomy books and asks me what I'm doing.

"You're looking at vaginas again aren't you mom?" (I swear looking at vajajays is completely related to my work)

"You bet I am."

"You do realize that looking at vaginas is for weirdos, right?"

I couldn't help but chuckle and think of all the weirdos here on Lit.

Aha, I can see Gracie and Curious have never had "real" bananas. Vine/sun ripened bananas on a tropical island? Those are bananas. The things we get here? Not even close.

So sad.

I knew it! My grandma has a fruit farm. She had (she just recently died) two plum orchards and a pear orchard. Those were the cash crops. Besides that, for the family, she grew cherries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and apples. I am a fruit snob. I won't eat it unless it's grown nearby and picked ripe.

I remarked to my mom once that I wonder what bananas that are picked ripe taste like. Because plums picked green are NASTY. Someday we're both determined to have a tree ripened banana, cause we just KNOW it blows what we buy here out of the water.

This webpage, Five Delicious Alternatives to Wheat Pasta, offers some things you could maybe try with him to see if they're acceptable.

Another page I pulled up also suggested
Tinkyada Rice Pasta
If quirky flavors aren’t your style, and you’re looking for a gluten-free pasta that’s
virtually indistinguishable from wheat pasta, then the Tinkyada brand is the way to go.​
I don't have personal experience with any of them, but since you live a lot closer to a major metropolitan area than I do :rolleyes: you might be able to find some or all of them.

That's what we had. I think. It was rice noodles, and they were really good. I was pleased, cause we love noodles. Bread we can do without. But noodles? This has been a huge issue.

A phone call from a friend who lives in Poland.

Except that she's now here! Just for today!! And we're gonna have lunch and talk and laugh!!!

My 12 year old son walks into the room and sees me buried under female anatomy books and asks me what I'm doing.

"You're looking at vaginas again aren't you mom?" (I swear looking at vajajays is completely related to my work)

"You bet I am."

"You do realize that looking at vaginas is for weirdos, right?"

I couldn't help but chuckle and think of all the weirdos here on Lit.

That gave me a good laugh. :)

So I've had this interesting adventure that resulted in a very very short (boyish) almost-pixie cut. The first cut was 2 weeks ago, I went back today for a trim.

The first cut was a sit down in the chair and when asked how I wanted it, nod to my companion and say "he'll explain."

The first few days I got a lot of attitude from people. Everything from "WTF did you do?!?" to "You look like a butch dyke" to "OMG you look 10 years older/like a boy/that isn't flattering at all/well... it'll grow back."

So this afternoon I went back to the same barber, without the companion, explained what "we" had decided re: upkeep, but we'd need to text pictures for his approval before I left the chair.

She didn't even skip a beat, but when I mentioned the sorts of reactions I've gotten, she leaned close and said "Whatever. You're getting dick and they aren't."

So I've had this interesting adventure that resulted in a very very short (boyish) almost-pixie cut. The first cut was 2 weeks ago, I went back today for a trim.

The first cut was a sit down in the chair and when asked how I wanted it, nod to my companion and say "he'll explain."

The first few days I got a lot of attitude from people. Everything from "WTF did you do?!?" to "You look like a butch dyke" to "OMG you look 10 years older/like a boy/that isn't flattering at all/well... it'll grow back."

So this afternoon I went back to the same barber, without the companion, explained what "we" had decided re: upkeep, but we'd need to text pictures for his approval before I left the chair.

She didn't even skip a beat, but when I mentioned the sorts of reactions I've gotten, she leaned close and said "Whatever. You're getting dick and they aren't."

How fun! I'm dying to see pics!!

h8F9A3A0A.jpg

Some people just can't handle change, especially unexpected change.

I love the barber's reaction, though.

My roomy showing me pics of a friend of hers holding hummingbirds that got trapped in his house. Even if they are out of place, they look so calm and peaceful in his hands. I met this guy a few times in person and he is such a lovely human that if I had to be a lost hummingbird I could only hope to be that lucky.

My roomy showing me pics of a friend of hers holding hummingbirds that got trapped in his house. Even if they are out of place, they look so calm and peaceful in his hands. I met this guy a few times in person and he is such a lovely human that if I had to be a lost hummingbird I could only hope to be that lucky.

That is pretty cool. :)

Overheard from a woman in the next booth at happy hour today, "I miss him when he's away, but when we're together I HATE HIS GUTS."

Alex Jones and his historical mistakes. He's a Tin-Foil wearing, there's a gubbermint agent under every stone, the Mafia's after me, conspiratorialist that needs to seek professional help.

But not after giving me more laughs!!

She says she's going to get me one of these. I say there's no need, because she *knows* she needs to do it.

h98F6EDE7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back