Visions of the Lovers Trinity

Veroe

Maestro/Truthseeker
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Posts
62,447
((Closed for Myself and Asa))​

IC: Ethan McCord

Ethan had finally found her. It had been years searching the world over for his lover, and now here he was walking up to her house.

They would be together now. Now, they would have the happily ever after they hadn't achieved the first time.

Ethan came up to the door and raised his fist to the fine oak door. The sound of his knocking on it was like him strong and steady.

When the door opened for him. He looked into the new eyes and face of the woman on the other side of the door searching for the spark of the woman that he had never stopped loving.

"Do you remember me?"

--------------------X

IC: Danny Johannsson

Danny curled up on the couch clutching his head. It had happened again. The flashes of visions he'd gotten ever since his senior year in highschool. Glimpses of some sort of monster, a volcano erupting, a town burning, and the faces of a woman and a man he had never met before.

What was happening to him? He'd gone to doctors and they'd run their tests and given him their pills, but nothing stopped the visions from coming, and the worst was the headaches that came with them. Nothing stopped it. Nothing helped it. He just lay there and buried his head in a pillow wishing it would go away and leave him alone at last.
 
tumblr_o9x9kp6Cjh1skqjozo1_400.jpg

Ravenna

She normally never answered the door she didn't want to deal with mortals. So very weary of the world and losing anyone who she tried to love or even remotely care about. Something made her go to the door as she opened it slowly. He was the last person she ever thought she would ever see again. She stood there for a moment as it all flooded back to her. Her name was Ravenna then too.

The early days of the old west she was an orphan traveling alone as always barely 15 yrs of age in comparison to lives before she was still a child. She had met a boy about her age and they had become quick friends. It had taken a while for him to talk her into going to stay with him and his tribe. Many did not trust her and most shunned her but no one knew why she set so many on edge. Till that day... A small band of soldiers tried to attack the camp while the men were out hunting. Ravenna didn't even fully understand what happened next. She saw them take aim at some of the fleeing natives and... She hissed out the words.

~By father's blood you will be stopped~

With that a great strike of lightning flashed down striking the small band of soldiers leaving charred remains and melted steel as the hunting party was riding back. They had dealt with mages before and held a strong distrust and hatred of them. Seeing what she did the elders ordered her death. That night in a ceremony to cleanse their camp the warriors ripped her apart casting her remains into the waterfall.

She blinked her mind cleared as she stared at him in shock.

Ethan...

Her voice barely a whisper and trembling.

How... How did you find me?
 
Last edited:
IC: Ethan McCord

"Do you remember me?"

He waited watching her reaction hanging by a thread on whether she'd recognize him or not. She stood there looking at him for a long pregnant moment that was pure torture for him.

Finally she murmured, "Ethan..."

Her voice was so soft and trembling. Ehtan's heart melted where he stood at the sound of it.

"Ravenna," He said the name sounding good to roll over his tongue once again after so long.

"How..." She continued, "How did you find me?"

He stepped forward wrapping her up in his arms and holding her tight in his embrace, "Does it matter now that I found you...now that we are together again?"

-------------------X

IC: Danny Johannsson

The migraine had finally subsided and Danny had a couple hours before work delivering pizzas. It was a shitty job, but it paid enough to keep his beloved piece of crap '94 Mustang galloping and also save up enough to eventually go to college. So he here he sat on his couch eating a sandwich and watching CNN.

They were talking about some island in the Aegean Sea that had been devastated by a volcanic eruption. On the screen it was showing a before and after picture of the mountain. The after picture showed the south side of the mountain was entirely gone. All that was left was a blackened pile of rubble that had unleashed a pyroclastic cloud rushing down the slope to the fishing village on the beach. There were very few survivors.

Funnily enough the survivors were raving to the reporters about seeing a giant man on fire stumbling out of the volcano's fallen side. They were obviously been driven delusional by their ordeal.

The weird thing was the before picture of the volcano looked almost exactly like the mountain he had seen before getting his migraine.

He put down his sandwich feeling really creeped out by it.
 
She was shaking hugging him tight crying. She had no idea that she would ever see him again. All of the details of heir past laid siege and storm in her mind as she buried her face in his chest. She was barely old enough back then to even begin to understand what she was and in that life she never would. All she knew back then was they needed protecting. Curling tight against him she finally spoke again.

I... I only wanted to protect them... I... I'm sorry.

She looked up into his eyes searching for what she didn't know all she knew was at long last she might have some happiness.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

"How..." She continued, "How did you find me?"

He stepped forward wrapping her up in his arms and holding her tight in his embrace, "Does it matter now that I found you...now that we are together again?"

Ravenna buried her face against her broad chest. He could feel her tears dampening his shirt.

"I... I only wanted to protect them..." She murmured curling in tight against him within his arms, "I... I'm sorry."

"I know, Ravenna," He said softly.

She looked up into his imploringly. He lifted a hand broad and strong to stroke her cheek gently to cup her chin. "That was yesterday. This is today."

He leaned tenderly pressing his lips against hers. It was a feather-soft kiss. More a reassurance of someone in pain than to stoke the flames of a long smoldering passion between them.

-----------------X

IC: Danny Johannsson

Danny was running late for work now. The problem being his beloved mustang was refusing to start. so here he was with the hood up and elbow deep in the guts of his car's engine. It wasn't the carborator or the battery or the connections or the oil or anything. He was running late. He'd have to find and fix the problem after his shift.

He looked up over to his Mom's Volvo. He'd hate taking that to work. The other guy's always talked shit about his mustang's unreliability. They'd have a field day with him showing up in the Volvo.

But he was out of time. Damn.

He started out over it glancing over to the house next door and froze. He hadn't recognized it before but he'd seen this view of that house in his last vision...this exact view from this exact angle...

...He was getting a creepy sense of deja vu now on top of being late to work on top of having to take his mother's car to work.

He forced himself to leave without trying to think any more about it. If he just ignored it maybe all these vision and shit would just leave him alone at last.
 
She had no idea what to say or to think or do in that moment but hold onto him. Then now it all seemed so insane. They had been so close so long ago... Till that night and now... Here he was lifetimes later holding her. Trying to convince her that the past was present with him here that no one or anything else from then could hurt them any more. She knew he was right... Nothing mattered beyond the fact that they were together again.

Finally releasing him she motioned for him to follow her back into the house. An ancient near forgotten relic that she had kept a hold of lifetime to lifetime since the 1900s. An almost forgotten regal old form showing its age well but in no way run down. Most assumed it was empty so she was left alone to her self made mausoleum. With only the barest essentials of this modern world she found comfort in losing herself in the solitude and beauty of this place.

You...

She bit at her lip unsure of what to say.

Feel free to look around or if you like we can go to the kitchen.

A part of her was terrified that this was some form of madness plaguing her or that it was a dream. The kiss... Madness could never be so gentle nor a dream so solid.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

He lifted a hand broad and strong to stroke her cheek gently to cup her chin. "That was yesterday. This is today."

He leaned tenderly pressing his lips against hers. It was a feather-soft kiss. More a reassurance of someone in pain than to stoke the flames of a long smoldering passion between them.

When the kiss was broken Ravenna murmured, "You..." She bit her lip and Ethan waited for her to work her way through his sudden reappearance and disruption he had caused in her life some two hundred years after their time together had ended so tragically.

"Feel free to look around," she finally told him, "Or if you like we can go to the kitchen."

At her words Ethan glanced around her home. They were standing in her doorway and through it he could see the foyer and the broad dark wood staircase leading up to the second floor. To one side he saw the doorway to her living room and opposite to that was the doorway to a dining room. He supposed the kitchen was connected to that. But inevitably his eyes returned back to her, Ravenna. A different era, a different face, but still the same beautiful soul behind her eyes. This was the woman he loved more than life itself...still.

"How about something to drink," He asked, "So we can talk?"
 
Last edited:
It seemed now even more natural that this lifetime held the same name as their time together. She finally smiled to him and nodded leading the way to the ancient kitchen with again just the minimum of modern amenities.

Well I do still have some coffee ready.

She moved to the butcher block table after pouring them both some coffee. Sugar and cream set out if he wanted any.

What would you like to talk about Ethan?

She knew she looked very different than she did back then and wondered if he could still love her. The same name but that was it. Time and loss had changed her so much. She no longer yearned to travel explore and enjoy life with mortals. This house was now her living tomb.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

"How about something to drink," He asked, "So we can talk?"

"Well I do still have some coffee ready." She smiled and nodded to him and Ethan smiled back to her. He'd spent centuries waiting to see the magic in that smile once more.

He followed after her into the old house's kitchen. His eyes opened wide seeing the state her kitchen was in. It was a total blast from the past, yet so Revenna's style at the same time.

She set herself at the kitchen table and poured them both steaming cups of coffee in old antique mugs. She handed him one and he drank it greedily. She had always made a great cup of coffee for him.

"What would you like to talk about Ethan," She asked him when he set down the cup.

He leaned in looking her in the eye. "I want to talk about the future...our future...together...again."

He reached out and caressed her fingers. "I've spent centuries looking for you...I want what we had before back. I want you back, Revenna."
 
She smiled teary eyed looking to him.

Yes...

That was all she could say setting the coffee down when she realized her hands were shaking.

Yes....

How could this be real? She could barely imagine having him back in her life. How could he be so different than his people? She wanted to hold him... She wanted to run... Her life was spinning wildly and all she could do was to hold on...hold on to Ethan
 
IC: Ethan McCord

He reached out and caressed her fingers. "I've spent centuries looking for you...I want what we had before back. I want you back, Revenna."

She looked at him and Ethan saw tears welling in her eyes. "Yes..." She stammered setting the coffee mug down and only able to repeat herself, "Yes...."

It was the simplest of words, only three letters, but was there any more magical word to use in response to his question. Yes. It was now his favorite word ever.

His hand squeezed hers. "So it's been over a hundred and fifty years since last we've seen eachother. Seems to me that we have some catching up to do. Tell me, what do you do now in this incarnation, Revenna?"
 
I avoid people and remain solely in this house. I have ventured out some...

She gestured to the few modern items lurking around in the grand old kitchen that now with its age might be an acceptable setting for some witch or horror movie.

I... I guess I have just grown weary without ever truly growing old.

What have you done all this time?
 
IC: Ethan McCord

His hand squeezed hers. "So it's been over a hundred and fifty years since last we've seen eachother. Seems to me that we have some catching up to do. Tell me, what do you do now in this incarnation, Revenna?"

"I avoid people and remain solely in this house," Revenna replied with a shrug.

"You have no contact with world outside," He asked skeptically.

She raised her hands and pointed out to him a few modern amenities being an anachronism in her museum exhibit of a home from a bygone era. "I have ventured out some..."

"Good," He nodded, "Somehow I have trouble seeing you as a recluse."

"I... I guess I have just grown weary without ever truly growing old." She surmised before adding, "What have you done all this time?"

He closed his eyes. He knew this question would be coming, and part of him had dreaded it for the way she would blame herself for it, but as he said it was in the past and he refused to dwell there. "I am no longer part of my people. I turned my back on them when they took you from me. Now I work as a contractor and handyman...you remember how I always enjoyed building or fixing things."
 
She sighed at his words. Her protecting his people cost one of the few people outside of him who accepted her... His precious mother to lose both of them.

Yes... I remember.

She smiled trying not to dwell on what he said about turning his back on his people over her.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

He closed his eyes. He knew this question would be coming, and part of him had dreaded it for the way she would blame herself for it, but as he said it was in the past and he refused to dwell there. "I am no longer part of my people. I turned my back on them when they took you from me. Now I work as a contractor and handyman...you remember how I always enjoyed building or fixing things?"

"Yes..." She answered sadly, "I remember." But then tried stalwartly to give him a reassuring smile.

He reached out taking her hand in his and squeezed it warmly, "It isn't your fault, my love. What happened happened. I do not blame you. You should not blame yourself for it."

He looked into her eyes letting her look into his and see the truth to what he was saying in them.
 
She tried to smile tried to accept his reassurance. Her eyes sank into his he had that way about him his eyes his words they could calm her. She felt his hand on hers and drew more soothing from him

Well now enough of past. What and where to now?

Sbe forced her mind not to think on their darkened past.

I am sure you are far more used to dealing with mortals than I have been in these many years.
 
Last edited:
IC: Ethan McCord

"It isn't your fault, my love. What happened happened. I do not blame you. You should not blame yourself for it."

He looked into her eyes letting her look into his and see the truth to what he was saying in them.

She made that smile that told Ethan she was taking his words to heart and attempting to soldier onward in her heart.

"Well now enough of the past," She replied, "What and where to now?"

He smiled to her at that having already an idea of what he'd liked to be doing right now. His eyes focused on her lips and...other...bodyparts on her. After about two centuries he ached to touch and feel and love her again. But instead he said, "Right, enough about the past...let's concentrate on the present. How about you give me a tour of your home here?"

They got up and she began to show him the various rooms in the house.

Trying to make some small talk he asked, "So how much contact with the outside world do you normally have?"

"I am sure you are far more used to dealing with mortals than I have been in these many years."

He nodded. So she's become something of a recluse. "Yes, I suppose I have gotten used to dealing with the people out there....I've watched them grow and accomplish so many great and equally terrible things these last two centuries alone." His smile seemed to vanish evaporating into the air like a puddle in the heat of summer. "It's sad seeing the world as we do...over the years...you learn the more things change the more they don't really change at all. People are still people no matter how the world changes or gets more complicated. That fact will always be the same."
 
She listened as they walked around this ancient house. She had permitted a few modern updates here and there. The gardens and veranda held her magics for anyone that could truly sense them and the lake nearly blocked off by trees there in the distance. Slowly making their way up the grand staircase

I... After a time... I... I just could not deal with them any more. Mortals seem so... Limited and petty st times.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

He nodded. So she's become something of a recluse. "Yes, I suppose I have gotten used to dealing with the people out there....I've watched them grow and accomplish so many great and equally terrible things these last two centuries alone." His smile seemed to vanish evaporating into the air like a puddle in the heat of summer. "It's sad seeing the world as we do...over the years...you learn the more things change the more they don't really change at all. People are still people no matter how the world changes or gets more complicated. That fact will always be the same."

They passed through the varied rooms and Ethan was pleasantly surprised by the mix of old furnishings and decorations and new more modern appliances and stylings. He got the scent of familiar magicks from the veranda and lavish gardens. That made him very nostalgic for their tiny cabin in the woods on the slopes of Mount Goodhill.

"How about when you do have contact with them," He pressed, "How well do you feel like you connect to them?"

"I... After a time... I... I just could not deal with them any more," She answered, "Mortals seem so... Limited and petty at times."

"You can't let that stop you though," He replied, "Sure as a whole people will act the same, but the one thing I've learned in all these years is that if you pick any one of them they will never cease to surprise you in how they can grow and evolve and mature."

He shrugged, "I remember a certain someone reminding me of that same fact on our honeymoon." He smiled to her remembering the lecture she had given him back then, "Do you happen to remember who that was?"
 
That was a very long time ago and this is the first time anyone from any past have found their way back to me.

She turned to look I to his eyes. She still could not believe he was there.

I guess you will want to draw me back out into society and among the mortals... Or could we just enjoy our time alone here... Together.

She smiled and draped her arms over his shoulders in a relaxed hug.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

He shrugged, "I remember a certain someone reminding me of that same fact on our honeymoon." He smiled to her remembering the lecture she had given him back then, "Do you happen to remember who that was?"

"That was a very long time ago," She answered, "And this is the first time anyone from any past have found their way back to me."

He smiled pleased to be the first.

"I guess you will want to draw me back out into society and among the mortals..." She said turning to him.

He nodded, "Caught me red-handed...the thought of you living in this house like a lonely hermit makes me so sad for you, my love."

She smiled reaching her arms to wrap around him adding, "Or could we just enjoy our time alone here... Together."

His arms wrapped around her small lithe frame in response, "Now that is an idea I could get behind."

He leaned in smelling the scent of her, how he had missed this scent surrounding him, effusing him with the essence of the woman he had loved-still loved.

"People like us can't go back, Revenna. Neither can we stand still," His lips puckered offering a kiss to her, "We can only move forward."
 
Kissing him softly she truly wished they could hide here together happy and safe.

Let's not worry about them for now love. I can't believe my never sated feline seems so calm and relaxed.

She remembered their seemingly so short past and passion slowly wanting it all back in a place so magically protected and charged as her home here. She missed him... Missed them. She needed to feel that love and desire again. She needed to feel alive again no matter how closed off she had become.

Where is my wild love?

She asked as she neared the upstairs hall to her bedroom now theirs once more.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

"People like us can't go back, Revenna. Neither can we stand still," His lips puckered offering a kiss to her, "We can only move forward."

She gave him a soft kiss saying, "Let's not worry about them for now love."

He gently pulled her closer to him wondering how far he could go, how far he could press this...intimate moment between them. should he take it slow given the amount of time that has passed since the last time they were...intimate together.

"I can't believe my never sated feline seems so calm and relaxed," She said with a leading smile to her eyes, "Where is my wild love?"

He smiled. He'd take that as a green light from her. "I'll show you, my love."

His hands began to roam more assertively over her backside as he leaned his head in and kissed her, no that was far too tame a word, he planted a flag and laid claim upon her lips as his property at least he shifted that claim upon other body parts of hers.
 
Her hands grazed and traced over his chest and back. Fingernails slithering over every sensual nerve endings they passed. Giving just as firmly as she taking into the kiss as a soft whimper slipped between their lips. At long last she felt more alive than she had in a long time. Following the wall and hall table towards her room directing their steps carefully. As careful as she could in this passionate moment. Breaking the kiss briefly.

Far too long...

Sealing back I to another kiss she held him closer still hands pulling some at his shirt. As she found the door and reached a hand to open it. The large bed and dressing table and wardrobe almost appearing older than the house.
 
IC: Ethan McCord

"I'll show you, my love."

His hands began to roam more assertively over her backside as he leaned his head in and kissed her, no that was far too tame a word, he planted a flag and laid claim upon her lips as his property at least he shifted that claim upon other body parts of hers.

Her fingers grazed over his chest and shoulders stoking the flames of his long neglected passion for this woman, his wife, his immortal love.

She steered him willingly down hall towards her bedroom.

She pulled away whispering, "Far too long..."

He stroked her cheek tenderly and agreed, "Far too long."

She kissed him again, a powerful kiss that roused his wildcat instincts.

She had opened the door inside, but Ethan lifted her up and pinned her against the open door making it slam against her bedroom wall. He kissed her with an intensity pumping more and more gasoline of the fire growing between them now.
 
Back
Top