To love the Spiritspeaker (closed)

This warehouse hosts what they call ffod truck challenges every other weekend so we come here to eat.

The assistant answered as she seemed to finish collecting herself after the possession.

Very good food she finally added.
 
Eric gets out and offers a hand. He is pleasantly surprised when it is taken. As they go in, he is surprised by the aromas and the volume.

Wow, are all the area trucks here?

He looks from truck to truck to get another truck.

Ok, lead on. What are you in the mood for?

He feels his heart pound. He knows his brain is rushing to conclusions that have no base in this reality. But he is holding the hand of the beauty he had long admired and found her even more intoxicating in real life.
 
It is all so good. Whenever we are in town we stop here. We have gone out of our way to come here before as well.

She smiled leading him around past the brick oven where they made personal pizzas using a massive pretzel for the base. Past the bacon wrapped hotdogs that we're made to represent each state. It was so hard to decide.
 
All the aromas and the sights of all the great food. When she finally stopped walking, he did the incredible bold move of pulley her close and giving her a peck on the check. He wanted her lips but she turned her head at the last possible second.

Thank you for allowing me to come along. Those brats with pretzel buns sound good? I can even swing those.

He tried to be casual, to add a chuckle to his words as he wanted to run away on the inside. They held a moment's gaze, a slight smile on his face.
 
Get whatever you want. You can get more than just that

She smiled to him as she made her way around finding a few things she wanted to try.
 
He walked over to the best truck. He loved the taste and thesesmelled wonderful. He held back on the red onions, still jopeful for later.

Eric then found a beer tent and got a local brew. Then he realized he was lost in the warehouse. He had no idea where she had went and for that matter, which door they had came in.
 
She walked back over.

You look so lost. I forget when I get in here sorry.

She smiled motioning to a table.

How about there?
 
The small round table was perfect. Not exactly alone but it was slightly away from the crowd.

That would be wonderful.

He was grateful she had found him and that she had picked such a small table. A table for two.

This place is something. Like a food truck rave for the late night crowd. You know, I kind of felt stupid coming tonight. I want to thank you for allowing me a glimpse into your world.
 
Sitting there listening she smiled.

Like I said whenever we are in this area I come here. This is a region of many "haunted" places. And many that I have sensed spirits that the world didn't know we're here.
 
As she said that, he looked around wondering and searching. Earlier, just before she had caught up to him, he had thought he saw guy who was different. Like he wore old work clothes. He Did not see him now.

Do some spirits appear. Umm, you know like they are still alive?
 
It does happen but not often why?

She raised a brow as she sipped her Tibetan butter tea
 
Because I swore I saw a guy in a vintage work shirt and tool belt. I didn't stare or anything, but now I am sure he was from like the 90's or 80's or something.
 
Wow calling the 80s and 90s vintage I feel a tad old.

She laughed.

There has never been one in here before so perhaps he was attached to someone present tonight... Interesting
 
He feels his cheeks flush.

I didn't mean any. Look I just .

He looks away.

You are so nice, than you for not just walking away from me and my. Well,my stupid conversation.
 
It's alright... Relax... The entire crew has let me know they think you have a crush and it's sweet. I... Deal so much with death and the dead it's strange for me is all.

She shrugged and smiled and pat his leg before going back to eating.
 
He shook his head and grinned.

Am I that obvious?

But he knew that answer, because they could tell from all the questions he had asked of her.
 
Yes you are but it's cute.

She smiled at him
 
Oh sparks! How do I even try to recover from that?

He shakes his head, a habit he seems to have picked up today.

Listen, since you know I like you and everything. I just want you to know, I never expected you to like me or for us to be..

He looks around and then into her eyes.

.....here with you.

He reaches for her hand slowly as his heart pounds. A bit nervous she will pull back but even more nervous she won't.
 
Last edited:
She let him take her hand as she smiled to him. Katia had seemed so adamant about her letting this young man close she would see what happened.

Truly adorable when so flustered
 
How many times had he wish for this. To be sitting at a table, sharing laughs and life stories. Now he felt tongue tied and she was stronger and yet more fragile than he could have ever imagined.

I grew up and an hour from here. We didn't have much money for extra stuff. This reminds me of the one time we went to the fair.
 
I have traveled all my life it seems.

She smiled tilting her head a little in thought.

Never in any place for long at all. It's fun
 
That smile. That ever so slight smile, like a small part of her was relaxing before him, perhaps she saw him as one offering friendship and not wanting to take anything from her.


I have been close to here my whole life. We moved 4 times, but I think at most we were about 3 hours away from here. Only been out of the state twice.

He laughed about it but inside he envied her and her travels, even though she had shared none of them with him. She was free. He had always felt destined for a string of dead end jobs around here.

If I get a full time job with your crew, will we travel around?
 
We always do. World wide...

Can barely remember a town of birth just my grandparents farm. I envy those who have roots and know truly where they are from and such.
 
My roots are so deep, they are fossils.

He sighs.

Maybe we. I mean, I can help. Maybe find more about your past. Perhaps your gift runs in your family.
Suddenly, t
 
Back
Top