Someone's stolen my work and is selling it as their own! Please help!

Apache? Western? Nooooooooo altho I do like Louis L'Amour Novels.

This kind of Apache......

Sorry about the size, haven't done a thumb of it yet.

26195335_2057975367754324_8700151587149581367_n.jpg

Airplanes one stick two pedals. Helicopters two sticks two pedals. A lot of difference in flying them. If pilot was really an SR-71 pilot he wouldn't know how to fly a helicopter. He might pick it up quicker than someone who had never flown, but he would know nothing about them if he hasn't.

Fixed wing and rotatory wing flying craft are two completely different aircraft to fly.

So I've heard. :cool:

ETA: Oh, Nice cover.

Airplanes one stick two pedals. Helicopters two sticks two pedals. A lot of difference in flying them. If pilot was really an SR-71 pilot he wouldn't know how to fly a helicopter. He might pick it up quicker than someone who had never flown, but he would know nothing about them if he hasn't.

Fixed wing and rotatory wing flying craft are two completely different aircraft to fly.

So I've heard. :cool:

ETA: Oh, Nice cover.

Thx Zeb, glad you like the cover. Never been in a helicopter, my knowledge is theoretical but I now have two books on AH64 Apaches and a third enroute. So I plan some real Apache stuff in this one. Love the research.

And yeah, that comment about Pilot was very tongue in cheek. One of my readers flies birds and he's going to review the bird bits whether he knows it or not. The price he pays for emailing me. Lol.

I've been in helicopters, fighter planes, bombers and unpressurised airliners that had to fly around mountains. I've been catapulted from an aircraft carrier. I've sat in the pilot's seat of Spitfires, Hurricanes and other 1940s and 50s fighting planes - on the ground.

Any kid who has played with flight simulators knows far more than I do about flying. :eek:

Back on thread topic. Someone has translated a couple of my stories into literate Czech. Why?

A couple of things to dial up the readability of the text at a glance on the cover:

I would move your byline down and to the right, placing the whole of the text against the backdrop of the mountains. It fades into the background a little where the left side is over the sky. Keeping it above the field in the bottom corner should keep the contrast between those two terrains from messing with the viewer's eyes.

Either that, or just give the whole byline a black outline a pixel or two wide. That will eliminate the fading problem over the sky.

The title gets a little lost in the detail of the chopper. It's almost big and bright enough to compete with the image, but not quite.

I would probably add a semi-transparent outer glow to the title. That would provide enough blurring of the image immediately surrounding the words to dial up the contrast to where you need it.

"Gold" actually stands out just fine, due to the fairly uniform shadows underneath the chopper. It's "Fields of" that gets lost due to touching the sky in the upper left of the F, and the detail + light and shadow graduations of the image behind that part of the title.

May have to add a black outline to the title to keep it from fading into the glow, though.

Cranking up that contrast will also make the title and byline more visible when you shrink it down for a thumbnail.

Last edited:
A couple of things to dial up the readability of the text at a glance on the cover:

I would move your byline down and to the right, placing the whole of the text against the backdrop of the mountains. It fades into the background a little where the left side is over the sky. Keeping it above the field in the bottom corner should keep the contrast between those two terrains from messing with the viewer's eyes.

Either that, or just give the whole byline a black outline a pixel or two wide. That will eliminate the fading problem over the sky.

The title gets a little lost in the detail of the chopper. It's almost big and bright enough to compete with the image, but not quite.

I would probably add a semi-transparent outer glow to the title. That would provide enough blurring of the image immediately surrounding the words to dial up the contrast to where you need it.

"Gold" actually stands out just fine, due to the fairly uniform shadows underneath the chopper. It's "Fields of" that gets lost due to touching the sky in the upper left of the F, and the detail + light and shadow graduations of the image behind that part of the title.

Ohhh wow, thanks. I'll try all of that. I'm playing around on Canva right now seeing what I can do. This is for LIT so I'm not publishing it but I did the cover for a Facebook post. Totally a novice at this so thx a gazillion.

Back