Britain rejected FOX TV news

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
August 30, 2017

Fox News's parent company announced that it has pulled the channel off the air in Britain, thanks to low ratings. “It averages only a few thousand viewers across the day,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement provided to CNN.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dly-anyone-watched-it/?utm_term=.e018efadd39a

The channel was regularly criticized for breaching Britain's strict television code.


U.K. media regulator Ofcom has in recent years criticized Fox News for breaching the British TV code several times.

Mythical No Go Zone meme invented by FOX TV, Racism Against Muslims

Steve Emerson had told Justice With Judge Jeanine host Jeanine Pirro that the British city of Birmingham was "totally Muslim," calling it a place "where non-Muslims just simply don't go in."

Even then-Prime Minister David Cameron got involved, saying that Emerson was "clearly an idiot." Fox News apologized days later for the "serious factual error," while Emerson himself later acknowledged that he had made a "terrible error."


https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-stops-airing-uk-a-look-at-ofcom-rulings-1033789

British Prime Minister David Cameron ripped Emerson as only an old Etonian can: "When I heard this, frankly, I choked on my porridge and I thought it must be April Fools' Day. This guy’s clearly a complete idiot." Emerson apologized, but other Fox personalities repeated variations on the theme, and eventually Fox issued on-air corrections on both Fox & Friends and Justice With Judge Jeanne.


Daniel Pipes publicly regrets using the phrase. (The truth is more nuanced, and the phrase spreads a false impression.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...r-to-sue-fox-over-no-go-zone-comments/384656/

Why seek the truth ? It gets in the way of a slanted story!


"As a propagandist, my task is to spread the meme and not to sweat the nuances. Nuances can be argued about and nailed down by scholars in the centuries after Islam—as a culture, a political ideology, and a religion—is totally destroyed. We don’t have the luxury for such finicky scholasticism right now."


"Finicky scholasticism" or, you know, what we might call reality-based discussion. Don't sweat the small stuff?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/1/24/1359873/-Know-a-Right-Wing-Meme-No-Go-Zones

Fuck following legal guidelines of a foreign country!

"Following a careful investigation, we found that Fox News breached broadcasting rules by showing a discussion about the EU referendum while the polls were open on the day of the referendum."


Fox News fell afoul of U.K. TV rules on the day of the referendum when it aired pro-Brexit views on business and finance flagship show Your World With Neil Cavuto. Under U.K. rules, networks are not allowed to talk about or analyze election and referendum issues during the time polls are open for voting. The polls were open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. London time that day, and the show aired at 9 p.m.


Running a campaign for Trump using FOX TV

Reverberations of Kelly-Anne Conway creature cheerleading Roy Moore


She's (Kellyanne Conway) is standing In front of the White House. It seems pretty clear she was appearing in her official capacity when she advocated against a candidate. This is at least as clear a violation of 5 U.S.C. § 7323(a)(1) as OSC identified with regard to Castro."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act/index.html

Fuck fair and balanced! No one loyal FOX TV is in favor of that cunt, Clinton.

There are defining rules applied to television stations, concerning the election of a president-

FOX TV news defined themselves as anti- Clinton

"Trump calling her refugee plan "insane" and a claims that she was "the queen of corruption" and "reckless and crooked." And Ofcom said that the episodes included "various statements that could be described as supporting the policies of Donald Trump," including Hannity listing positive things Trump would do if elected."

The majority of opinions voiced were Pro-Trump.


Fuck ethics! There is money to be made!

Infomercials disguised as editorials. FOX tv info-tainment personalities hawk their goods, and fleece the viewers.



U.K. TV code doesn't keep networks from offering and promoting goods and services that may be of interest to viewers, it says that advertising and programming must be distinct. "Although the segment was presented and classed as programming, it did not detract from it being akin to advertising," Ofcom ruled. "More should have been done to make the differentiation between editorial and advertising, and the failure to do so was a material breach" of Britain's TV code.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-stops-airing-uk-a-look-at-ofcom-rulings-1033789

OANism


One America News Network gives FOX TV a Democrat-Free article source. No Left Wing allowed!

Tomi Lahren, the fiery, right wing provocateur who got her start at OAN when she was just 22-years-old. She reportedly applied for an internship and instead was given her own show.

Since then Lahren has moved on to Glenn Beck's conservative channel, TheBlaze, and got a lot of attention when she clashed with "Daily Show" host Trevor Noah on a recent episode of the nightly Comedy Central show.

One America’s owner, Robert Herring Sr., a millionaire who made his money printing circuit boards, has directed his channel to push Trump’s candidacy, scuttle stories about police shootings, encourage antiabortion stories, minimize coverage of Russian aggression, and steer away from the new president’s troubles, according to more than a dozen current and former producers, writers and anchors, as well as internal emails from Herring and his top news executives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.869b03072acd



Why was the final decision made, to pull FOX TV ?

The Sky network would never be owned by the Murdoch conglomeration.



With 21st Century Fox pulling the plug on Fox News in the U.K., where pay TV giant Sky had been carrying its U.S. version for more than a decade, the network once again made headlines.

America allowed Rupert Murdoch to purchase multiple media outlets, and to invest in multiple investment platforms. Britain was not so quick to allow Murdoch to dominate. The cell-phone scandal exhibited reason to protect the public from Murdoch.

Ofcom asked two questions in its investigation of Fox’s proposed takeover of Sky. First, would the deal concentrate too much media under Rupert Murdoch’s control? Second, is Fox committed to the required editorial standards, such as accuracy and impartial news coverage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...phone-hacking-sun-jeremy-corbyn-a7814711.html


SKY News is a 24-hour, international channel that has been on air for 28 years and is said to reach more than 107 million homes in 138 countries


(gsgs comment- Just what the world at large needs- a false impression of what America supports. As if Russia's interference with American elections does not give the false impression, that America is so terribly grotesque and twisted, that we wanted him to lead the USA.)


I’ve praised Karen Bradley, the culture secretary, for doing the right thing and referring 21st Century Fox’s bid to take over Sky to the Competition and Markets Authority – a decision I don’t believe the Murdochs expected for one moment. Maybe she – like Corbyn – feels liberated by the election result. If the Murdoch papers can’t deliver on their side of the bargain for the Tories, why should she bend over backwards to do what they want, instead of following due process?"

"I still believe we need to see part two of the Leveson inquiry – promised in 2011 by all political parties – to look into the extent of unlawful and improper conduct within News Group and other media organisations. I hope the Conservative party can show that it’s no longer in the business of doing deals with the Murdochs, and get on with it."


Tom Watson MP is deputy leader of the Labour party


https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-murdoch-influence-phone-hacking-fox-leveson

standards”.

Setting out the scope for their investigation last month, the CMA said that it would aim to ensure diversity of viewpoints that are available and consumed, and prevent any one media owner or voice having too much influence over public opinion and the political agenda.

It is concerned the takeover would give Mr Murdoch, who has long been one of the most influential media barons in the UK, too much control of the British media.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-competition-markets-authority-a8042961.html
 
Goodness! A simple "rejected because they are cunts" would have been enough, but extra points for the detail you provided :D
 
Au contraire! It important to define what sort of cunts, that they are.


The presence of UK people on the GB re-defined my definition of cunt-

In America, a man using the word "cunt," to a woman in America, was an attempt to kill a woman's self worth and self esteem. The worst humiliation and degradation that there is. The most harmful expression of contempt, that there is. The removal of personhood.



All of the essential value of a woman, ripped away. Reduced to her obscene body part, there was nothing lower on the scale of respect. Cunt was a step lower than dick or prick.


To be reduce to nothing more than vagina's desire for sexual fulfilment, in exclusion to all else, was to have all traces of humanity erased from her.

A prick or dick could retain respect, because male qualities of domination, ruthlessness, and selfishness, were pro-male, and admired. What mattered is being at the top of the heap, no matter how the top was reached. A woman was not allowed to be selfish. All the value subscribed to a woman were of selflessness, generosity, nurturing, gentleness and submission. If a woman was stripped of these qualities, she was undesirable, worthless, and unacceptable. Worth nothing.

Reduced to nothing more than a vagina, to be used for sordid sex, and nothing more. Not worthy of love, affection, respect, honor, caring gestures, devotion. It was not a woman's place to compete, or to have a desire for something for herself. To compete with a male was monstrous.

(Here is the crux of this past week's scandal. It is admirable, in Trump, to have molested and raped unwilling women. Manly, powerful, and virile. accckkk yuk ick barf He was not wimpy, soft, and feminine. He took what he wanted, like a (urkkkk barf) man.)

Along come the UK people, to turn aside the sexist weapon. Cunt applied to both sexes. A complete list of gradations of cuntishness. Could be self centered, and self centered. Could be evil, malicious, and monstrous. A political cunt ? A workplace cunt ? A thieving cunt ? Or, just a dull, unthinking cunt, of either sex.

What emerged on the GB, was the use of cunt, as a term of affection. A friendly acknowledgement of another, as a person with backbone, integrity, and sense.
 
Maybe you're ascribing too much importance to the etymology of the word? It's just a word that makes the right sort of sound to me... ok, and added to that women can act is particularly offensive and underhand way that could have cuntish connotations. I feel comfortable with my use of the word in my country and I rarely use it.
 
Because of the heavy censorship imposed, perhaps Fox - or any responsible news organization - is better off avoiding the UK anyhow. :eek:

ETA: This is what I mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_the_United_Kingdom

Given time, I could probably find examples where ordinary reportage has been deemed "Hate speech" and banned. :eek:

While the Hate Speech laws exist, prosecutions under them are rare and for serious breaches, not what is said after a few pints of beer. Recent media accusations about what minor celebrities might or might not have tweeted five years ago have been getting ridiculous. The Crown Prosecution Service's official response to most of these accusations has been to suggest that there is no case to answer and unofficially 'don't be so fucking stupid!'.

As for Fox News? The UK has the BBC and ITV News, both respected in different ways. Fox News just didn't build an audience. Those who might like what Fox presented prefer to read The Sun or Daily Mirror newspapers - in print or online - with gratuitous female nudes. Even Murdoch is considering closing its SKY TV News in the UK - but there are politics involved because Murdoch is trying to take over SKY.
 
Perhaps FauxNewzUK should have taken the Naked News approach to broadcasting.

3e2fa271a58bc4073409636b9bf28833.27.jpg
 
Perhaps FauxNewzUK should have taken the Naked News approach to broadcasting.

3e2fa271a58bc4073409636b9bf28833.27.jpg

I would definitely watch, although those two girls aren't really very attractive. At least not compared to some who appear on threads on this forum.
 
Back
Top