"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Deacon

I was on my way to the storage area that I used as a workshop, then I noticed something that practically froze my blood. Two kids were busy tossing a white container between them, as I came close enough I snatched it out of the air and looked at the label. At least it was still cool to the touch,

"Now if you two don't mind, I will take this."

They stared wide-eyed at me and slowly nodded, I gave them a smile and then turned on my heel, heading to the meeting. The door was open, but two of the Knight guards stepped in front of me. I didn't understand why, but I shoved the container into a pocket and without warning grabbed the two guards over their faces, slamming their heads into the wall behind them as they sagged to the ground I stepped into the room and turned towards Peter,

"You little dipshit idiot."

Almost immediately another of the guards stepped forward, a backhand fist smashed him aside,

"Deacon? What do you think..."

"SHUT UP! You have the brains of a fucking jellyfish, no wait that's way smarter than you are."

The stinging blow to the back of my head made me turn, another guard stood there with a club, clearly he had expected to lay me down. I looked over at Cramer where he sat with Derry,

"Stay out of this."

The guard swung again, I grabbed the club, placed one hand behind the guard's head and slammed the club into his face, he sagged to the ground and I turned to Peter again. I advanced on him, the table wasn't much of an obstacle and I grabbed him by the throat, lifting him up and over the table, slamming him down on to the top.

"Just because you're some pretty boy who for some strange reason ended up in charge doesn't make you a leader."

I gave him a vigorous shake, like the one I had given Danny not too long ago,

"In fact a leader makes good decisions, you made a dumb-ass move shit-for-brains."

I reached into my pocket and placed the container next to his head,

"Read it."

I released the grip on his throat slightly,

"You fucking pi..."

I slapped him...HARD, the sound echoed through the room,

"Read the label."

He turned his head, eyes smouldering in anger,

"Explosive, do not shake."

I released him,

"Exactly, you took that from my work area, what you were thinking I do not know. You know where I found that? Two kids were playing catch with it, I labelled it 'DO NOT SHAKE' for a reason. It's highly unstable. You know what the results could have been of your decision to load that onto the food truck? Do you know how STUPID it was to not make certain that every container was secured?"

I picked up the container,

"This packs enough punch to take out this whole room."

I leaned closer to him,

"Next time you want something that I'm working on or have created oh exalted one, ask me."

With that said, I turned and headed for the door and turned at the entrance,

"Oh and for the record, I choose the moving option. This place is not very secure anymore."

With those words I departed, leaving a shocked room behind me.

Ria

At the meeting

"Stop!" I screamed at the top of my voice as several people and Nana jumped up from their seats seconds after Deacon left the room. Kids started to cry, some of the women too, the dog barked like mad. Daniel and Leo, already at the door, the club of the fallen guard in Leo's hand, turned and looked at me.

"Sit down everyone. Please sit down. Mrs Ashtuli (what was her first name? I couldn't remember) Carol, you two check the guards please. Leo, sit down. People, just a moment! Please! Nana! To Frederique!" My hands on my head I looked around me in despair. Leo, Carol and Mrs Ashtuli had heard me, Leo was turning Stewart, who had had the club, over.

"Broken nose, tooth missing", he stated matter of factly while he wiped the blood from Stewarts face. A missing tooth! Not a big deal a few days ago, but now ... Nana trotted to Peter, put her paw on his thigh.

"Peter, please!" I pulled at his sleeve as he turned to the door, commanding Daniel to accompany him; he took a few steps with me hanging on his arm before he stopped to shake me of. I only clamped my hands tighter around his arm. "Stop it! I understand you are shocked, so am I, but what if Deacon has Napoleon? He seemed to be a loner to me, what if Napoleon made him react this way? Remember what Lee did?" I whispered my last words in his ear. It wasn't common knowledge Lee had injected his patients with all kinds of things. Daniel still stood in the door.

"Daniel, help Carol with the guards please, that really is more important than to run after Deacon. Robert, Lola, Louise, the children please. Why were those two not here?
Calm down everybody. Calm down, take a few deep breaths, Daniel, close the door please, with you on this side of the it. Calm down. Breath. One, in and slowly out, two, in and slowly out. Children, you too. Breath in as deep as you can, and breath out very slowly. In, and slowly out." I repeated it a few times.

I had calmed a class this way once. They had been in a rage about an other teacher, about something he had said to one of them, and had talked each other into an even bigger rage. When I had asked them why they wouldn't stop talking through my lesson, I got the full load of their anger. "Breath in, slowly breath out. And once more. And now another time before we start to talk about what has happened."

I was still holding Peter's arm, but now more to stabilize myself. The deep breathing was going to my head.

"Everybody calm enough to talk? Yes? A volunteer to get ice from the freezer to put on the bruises. Who will go and turn as quick as possible without taking detours? The boys really need ice for their bruises." Bruises , I decided to call their wounds bruises. I shook my head ever so slightly. Whatever. I had killed people today. So these wounds would be bruises from now on. A wry smile crossed my face for a moment, Lee would say the same if he was here.

Deacon

Of course a ruckus broke out behind me, I expected an attack, but Ria (bless her heart) showed what a leader really was about. Strangely enough I found the two children not far from where I left them, they now had a soft ball that they tossed between them,

"Hey you two."

They paused, seemingly unsure as to what I'd do,

"I think that they will be missing you at the meeting, I saw some games there, perhaps you could play there?"

They looked at each other, then back at me,

"Okay."

It was the older boy who spoke up,

"Good, good, if they ask where I went, I went to my workshop OK?"

They nodded and scurried away, I went into the storage room and switched on the light, they really went to town on my projects in their haste to get the truck loaded. I heaved a sigh, stored the explosive and a few minutes later I was busy working on another flamethrower nozzle, whistling softly to myself. If I were to be kicked out of the Knight after attacking two of the inhabitants, I was intent on leaving at least some good work behind.

Ria

At the meeting

My hand on Peter's arm I tried to look everyone in the eyes. I saw a lot of angry faces, Mrs, Carol and Leo were taking care of the wounded. Daniel raised his hand.

"I'll get the ice. And some bandages. Or should we bring them to the sickbay?"

Slowly I shook my head.

"No, they are awake (well, they were swearing or moaning) so lets keep them here. Norah and Martin already have their hands full enough. Get the ice and some towels, that will do.

Scotty? Where are you going?" He was sneaking to the door! As soon as he heard his name he changed his direction though and walked over to Dan who sat with his head between his knees, a hand on the back of his head.

"Please Daniel, they need ice." I hoped that would be enough of a reminder to not look for Deacon. He nodded, with a grim face, but he nodded and opened the door.

"Where do you two come from, get in!" I heard him almost growl as he ushered in two boys who silently went over to the corners where some of the children had turned to their games again.

"Now, before we talk about what just happened, I think it would be good if I and, maybe Derry, go and talk with Deacon. You talk about whether we stay here or seek an other place in the meantime. Let this cool a bit before we talk about it, okay?" I squeezed Peter's arm while I looked him into the eyes. He nodded, and I looked at Derry. Peter would keep the discussion away from Deacon, I knew it and Max knew it too since he nodded reassuringly at me.

Seeing Deacon single handedly put the guards down I stood, I was going to lend him a hand. As he looked and Derry and I saying stay out of it, placing a restraining hand gently on her upper arm. ''He's got this Darlin.'' I couldn't help but be pleased the way he manhandled Peter, the look on my face was obvious that I was. Hearing what he had to say having reason to be pissed, Deacon had done more than Peter had to defend us. Once Deacon left the meeting to uproar really started, when it had died down I had my say.

''First thing I want to fuckin know, is how in the hell did kids ended up with explosives? Deacon had provided what he made to protect us, he labels everything he's a stickler for doing that. If it wasn't for his help along with me and others, we just might have lost Ria and Cassie today. So nobody better be thinking he should leave, If I were Deacon I'd have done exactly what he just did minutes ago'' Standing with my hands on my hands on my hips, the expression on my face daring anyone to disagree with me.

Since ya'll are settled down enough to talk calmly, my votes to get the hell out the Knight. We need to be out into the country, as I've mentioned this after the night from hell. Bout five miles from my farms and Winery, it may still have people there but I delivered my organic produce there. I'm sure they'd be willing to accept us, yeah It's going to be hard getting our shit together to move. We're going to have to have fresh water, the water treatment plant can only run for so long before it fails. The Winery has a well that's the best water source anyway, the reason I know this is I've been there with my Wife twice.

I walk for the door needed to get something to eat, Derry was heading out to find Deacon. ''Ria fill me in later on what's been decided please? I'll be in the kitchen to git a lil leftover supper. Having paused and turned back around to speak, I was sure she heard me as I turn and walk out the door. Pumping my fist once out of sight, glad to see Peter get what was coming to him. ''Atta boy big man! now that's a ass whoopin.''

Her eyes were bright and wide. The smile on her face was something else. "Hunter can you take one of those armoured SWAT vans back to the street ?" I asked. Even he smiled. Checking that the weapons racks were full he jumped inside. "Keep the radio open. Call me if you even think you smell trouble. I will ride in convoy until you get there and then I'll take Cassie back." He moved his agreement and started the engine. I grabbed the keys, week the key fob from Cassie and jumped in the drivers seat. "Hey that's mine!" She shouted. "Shush and get in, you can drive after we get Hunter back to the street safely. Until then no crazy driving. I know you. "

She climbed in sulkily. The curved carbon seat hugged her and when she fastened the harness it emphasised her ample chest. Bart started the engine and her sulk vanished. The noise of the massive V12 740 horsepower engine sent a wave of pleasure through her. Cassie could feel herself becoming aroused just sitting there. Her fingertips stroked her crotch fleetingly. She purred quietly in time with the engine.

Bart watched Hunter go through the automatic gate, waited for it to close and gunned the accelerator. The car shot at the gate. Before it had time to lift they were through slipping underneath without a scratch. Cassie screamed and ducked, then smacked Bart on the shoulder. "You take care of my car! No crazy you said! "

Bart just grinned and fell in behind the SWAT van. The journey to the street was quiet. Not many people or zombies around. Strangely quiet it seemed after the days events. They set the van in the middle of the street in a position that would all show them to defend either end if needed.

Bart tipped his imaginary hat at the Hunter. Hunter replied waving a single finger. Bart floored tge accelerater easily hitting sixty in three seconds. Cassie screamed email with delight. Windows down Cassie had her head out in the wind, hair blowing wildly. Sitting back in the seat she smiled at Bart. "Bart you've made me so happy, it's a beautiful car." Her hand strayed across the car resting on Barts knee. "I think I could cheer you up. ...blow your, ahem cobwebs away. You don't have carry a heavy load around by yourself. I could take a load from you." Her face was serious. No hint of a smile. Her eyes though, sparkled.

Bart felt his head begin to go get fuzzy add it did every time Cassie teased him. This time though. It was becoming clear that one part of him was hearing the message loud and clear. He turned to look at her. "Before all this happened I used to go to a lady at least once a month to have my cobwebs dealt with. She wasn't cheap but she was worth every penny. " Cassies mouth dropped open. "Officer Bart! Your are full of suprises."

Up ahead two trucks were moving on the road. "Look." Bart motioned pointing his finger. "Not from the Knight."

Cassie smiled. "Lets buzz them." Bart X started to shake his head. She looked at him. "Come on live a little!" She felt the car accelerate and gave out a laugh. Bart picked out a path to the trucks. Not sure if they'd seen him. Then shot the car between them round the lead car and dropped back with Cassie closest to them. "Best say hi Cassie." The next thing he knew was a huge bra dropping in his lap. Looking over could see her back to him with her jumper over her head. He heard caddie shouting "Hi boys." Her tits stuck out of the window.

Bart floored the accelerater. The back end snaked and then bit into the road pushing them towards 200mph. With some distance between them he jincked the car from turn to turn before slowing. Ask the while Cassie was laughing.

Bart pulled over by the river, opening the door, it lifted vertically, towards the fun of the car. He got out leaving the bra on his seat. "This is where I used to come with her." He said hearing Cassie climb out. They walked a little from the car to a park bench overlooking the river. Cassie sat looking at the view. The peaceful quiet was eerie. Bart smiled. "She might still be there." Cassie looked at him and saw him pointing. In the distance at the bend in the river she saw a small marina. White and blue hulls floating, stays flashing in the sunlight.

She whacked him hard on the ass. "You had me thinking .." He laughed cutting her off. "Your not the only one who can tease you know. " He stood next to her as she sat smiling although slighty redfaced. Her arm hugged his hips and she rested her head on the outside of his thigh. They looked at the view. Her shoulder ached do she dropped her hand onto the inside of Barts knee hugging his leg. Bart could feel her thumb gently stroke his knee. He wished he'd put some underwear on this morning as he rushed out. He knew she would see any reaction. She looked at him still quiet. Her hand moved an inch higher.

The silence was broken by two trucks engines growling. When they see the car their engines roared. Bart moved first. "Lets go."

Cassie over took him on the way to the car. Jumping into the drivers seat. "This time we really do need someone who can drive! " Even though it hurt his pride he knew she was right. Without word he jumped into the passenger seat. Even as the doors were closing she speed off. No wheelspin, just clean acceleration. Bart was stuck to his chair. The grin on her face was priceless as she drifted the car round another corner. They both knew she loved the chase.

Last edited:
When Deacon busted into the meeting room I turned my head in that direction. And watched him manhandle those guys. I wanted to jump up and help when one of them came up behind him with a club, the coward! Cramer held me back quietly saying,

''He's got this Darlin.''

I sat back down in my chair, watching the rest of the drama unfold. At the end as he turned to leave he added,

"Oh and for the record, I choose the moving option. This place is not very secure anymore."

Cramer then got up and had his say about what just happened, all the while I nodded my head, thinking, (As soon as Cramer is done, I am going to find Deacon and make sure he is alright.) There was so many unset people in the room, I could feel my temper rising as well. I didn't want to add to the general ruckus that the meeting was quickly deteriorating into now.

As Cramer finished speaking he then added his vote was to leave Knights as well, then he left the room, I soon followed him, but made a detour by Ria, slowing down enough to say,

"Ria, my vote is to leave as well, but for now I need to see if Deacon is OK."

At her nod, I swiftly left the noisy angry bunch of people, glad to get outside the room. I noted Cramer was headed towards the kitchen, he waved at me as I walked towards where I thought I would find Deacon, the storage/his workshop room. At least I hoped he was there.

Once I reached the storage room, I knocked at the door before opening it and stepping inside. I looked around and saw him at the workbench, doing what he usually did. I was glad to hear him whistling to himself as he worked on what looked like another flame thrower nozzle. Smiling to myself I heaved a sight, he didn't seem to have been hurt too badly by that nob that hit him on the back of the head.

I came over and put my hand on his shoulder,

"Hi Deacon, I hope you don't have a huge headache from that bonk on the head you just took."

I put my hand on the back of his head and felt a sizable lump forming. I sighed,

"Seriously are you OK? I must say you left a pretty angry bunch of people back there. But I have to tell you, Cramer and I are 150% behind what you said. And we both voted to leave before we left the meeting. By the way, you don't mind if I occasionally call you a Caveman do you?"

I couldn't help but chuckle as I remembered their reactions after Deacon had left.

Ria

Sorting out a mess ...

Cramer left without listening to my plea, Derry left without waiting for me and silently I shook my head. I would have to talk with them. As soon as Daniel came back with the ice, I wrapped a handful in a towel and made ready to leave the meeting. People were still talking about what Deacon had done, despite my warning to let it cool down a bit, and voices came up to throw him out.

I looked warningly at Peter and Max.

"Get them away from this topic. I'll talk to Deacon now." Peter looked very angry at me.

"Why? He just ..." What I seldom do, I did now, I cut of his words.

"Did we throw you out? Did we throw Daniel out? Are we talking about throwing Lee out? Okay then. Get them back to moving out or not, and wait until I, Derry and hopefully Deacon are back."

At the door I turned and asked the room full of people with a loud voice if we would throw out everyone with Napoleon now, "because if that is the case we better split the stuff we have in equal parts and everybody looks for him or herself!"

Swinging the towel with ice I hurried over to Deacon's laboratory annex workshop.

At the door I heard Derry's last words and her chuckle. Now what? Did she really think he had done something funny or were her nerves speaking?

I knocked once and entered.

"Put this on your head!" I said sternly in my best very angry teacher-mode, also dangerously calm, while I threw the rolled up towel to Deacon. "What was this all about? I understand about the explosives, that scared the hell out off me. The rest scared the hell out off me also, but for another reason. Haven't we killed enough people today? What were you thinking?" I sat down on the corner of a table, pushing away some things without looking while I talked and looked expectingly at him.

Deacon and two ladies in a closed room...

I looked up as Derry entered, favoring her with a smile, of all the people to come after me, she was not the first one I had thought of. I winced slightly when she touched my head, seems like the club did a bit more damage than I had thought. I switched off the soldering iron and gave her a crooked grin,

"Well..."

Another knock interrupted me and Ria came in, well there is another pointer as to how a leader should be, I grabbed the cold towel and after a few moments I pressed it to the lump on the back of my head, damn that did sting.

"What was this all about? I understand about the explosives, that scared the hell out off me. The rest scared the hell out off me also, but for another reason. Haven't we killed enough people today? What were you thinking?

I shook my head,

"I don't think you understand Ria."

I pointed to the shelf where I had stored the explosives, it was the top shelf, it would need an adult on a chair to reach, it was clearly marked "Explosives", the containers all had labels on them, all with the same warning. Under them the shelf was filled with bottles labeled "Napalm",

"I have stored it up there for a damn good reason. Here let me show you, you saw what happened when we used a dozen to explode those containers. This is why I have the warning on it."

Rummaging around I drew a pill container from underneath several metal scraps. I gave it a firm shake, felt the container heating up and placed it on the bench, there was a loud clap and the container's lid flew off.

"That is half a teaspoon, that container holds roughly half a gallon. The fact that those kids had it tells me that somebody left it down where they could find it. Would it be fine if they were killed? If that container went off and killed even more people? That is what angered me and since Peter was in charge here, coming in here and taking those explosives was clearly his idea. As to the rest? I could ask you what guards were doing trying to keep me from the room, as far as I know there shouldn't be any guards at a general meeting. The fact that they tried to prevent me from entering already fanned the anger out of control."

I took a deep breath,

"And what was I thinking? I thought to make it clear that nobody are to touch this stuff unless they have asked me. I can vouch only for what I have tested, my parents raised me to understand and a certain accident..."

I pointed to the scars on my face,

"Made certain that I understood the dangers of not testing everything for safety. That is why I tested the flamethrower which serves at the moment, that is why I'm taking the utmost care to build this one and you can bet your ass that I will test it before placing it in anybody's hands."

I ran a hand through my hair,

"All in all, I believe that in the end I can offer this group much more if I receive the co-operation that I have been giving...well apart from the fact that I do get the idea that I have handled Daniel a bit harsher than I would have wanted to, but I know that I wasn't wrong. His attitude needs adjusting, there is no excuse for how he treated Cassie and stormed away from a group that needed him. And in the end I can bet you that the virus will get the fault for it, such a comfortable scapegoat as nobody knows exactly what to expect from it. Perhaps we can say I contracted a slight infection and after drinking some vinegar I'll be cured from it."

I sighed and held up my hands,

"Sorry, I'm just so tired of this factions pulling against each other, I think it's best that I finish this nozzle and see about getting some rest...or do you need me for something else Ria?"

Nobody was in the kitchen as I stepped to the fridge, there was a tupperware container of spaghetti inside. I removed it from the fridge to nuke it for a few minutes, with a ding I opened the door removing the bowl. Getting a couple pieces of garlic bread and a bottled water and a fork, I headed to Deacons shop knowing he'd be there. Nobody was in the hallways at the moment, I'm wolfing down the spaghetti as I walked on.

In no time flat I was at the door and opened it, finding Ria had already beat me there. With a piece of garlic bread held in my mouth, I nod to her closing the door with my foot. I stepped to lean against the wall, I was about to starve it felt like anyway so I kept eating. Ria was pissed but she'd just get over it, I had Deacon's back and nothing would change that. Looking from Deacon to Ria to Derry as I ate supper.

Opening my bottled water I took a long drink, recapping it setting in on the work table. Sopping the last piece of garlic bread in the sauce, in one big bite it was chewed and swallowed. ''I think the big man did the right thang, I wanted to do the same damned thang to Mr. pretty boy. Deacon just beat me to it.'' I waited for a really sharp look from Ria, I knew I'd give her my best good ole boy grin if she did that. ''Really I would have done it.''

Going back to finnish off the spaghetti quickly, I snapped the lid back on the tupperware bowl. Reaching to the work table to get my water, opening it I took another long drink of it. Placing the bowl on the work table awhile. wiping my mouth with a napkin I was able to talk, and answer any and all questions she had to ask me.

Last edited:
Louise was in a daze she was shocked shit had hit the fan so quickly from the cussing and whooping Peter and his crew got to a few people leaving the meeting in a huff. She felt the knight was becoming unstable and agreed that they shoukd leave. So many events occurred here and their supplies wouldn't last long.

Robert herself and Lola calmed the frightened children and then took them back to their quarters. She was literally shaking with anger when she found out what peter had she was glad she hadnt taken him up for that dinner yet.

"What the hell was he thinking?"She said to Lola and Robert pacing back and forth."For all we know he could've blown up half the knight and most of the meeting!"

She saw the kids look back at them and decided to calm down so she didn't frighten them further. "Uggh he has made it to my fucking shit list for the time being"she whispered to Lola "Until he explains himself were not ok".

Her mind drifted to Cramer leaving shortly after the big guy and a few follow.She hoped things would get sorted after the incident but on all terms it seemed most wanted to relocate as well.

Peter

Peter looked at the group around him. His face still hurt. He was pretty mad about what just happen. He had nothing to do with the container of explosives getting out. But Deacon was acting like he personally handed it to the kids. He had not opened the door to his workshop … and had not approved anyone going in there. Except for the rescue team of Bart and Hunter. They needed to do any investigation to figure out who had … and set up a process to prevent this from happening again.

Another problem was Deacon. Society before the zombies was controlled by laws and rules …. Not “might makes right”. Deacon could not man handle everyone he disagreed with. They needed to set up a system that was more fair or humans would slip back to the caveman era. This reminded peter of a popular commercial on TV before the zombie outbreak “So simple a caveman can do it” Peter whispered.

“What did you said Peter?” someone asked.

He looked at all the people in the room again. “Look everyone Ria is right … we need to talk about the move. But to close out Deacon’s outburst … I have no hard feelings … I went a bit crazy when I was sick. And I’m not surprise more of you have not punched me in the face.” Peter said.

“I can tell you … I had nothing to do with the container of explosives getting out. And did not know the kids were playing with it. Someone did have something to do with it … and we’ll need to figure out whom.” Peter said.

“Now … if I can see a show of hands for option A … the sort everything out and get the Knight back to what it was. This is the stay here option.”

He saw a few hands go up. He counted it was only 5.

“Ok now option B … please raises your hand … if you believe we need to find a new place to live … out in the country. Away from the zombie hoards.”

Everyone else in the room raised their hands.

“Ok tomorrow we’ll send out a scout team … and find a place. The rest of us … start making preps to move”

Cassandra

I just could not control myself … the car was amazing … a slight press on the petal and the Lamborghini was off to the races ... we past the trucks while we were still accelerating. I have seen Ferrari’s, jaguar’s before … but never a Lamborghini. And now I’m driving one.

The car insanely wonderful. The control panels felt like you were flying a jet-fighter … not driving a car. But as I looked at Bart’s face … I believe he thought we were flying! We had reached a top speed of over 217mph! The engine was barely turning over!! … it was an absolute marvel.

We were pretty far away from Eugene at this point … somewhere out in the wine country. We buzzed a winery at this amazing speed. Bart said “looks like someone is still living there … I even heard a dog barking as we broke the sound barrier again approaching Mach 3 (just joking … but it felt like we were really moving!). “I hope we don’t break their windows!” I joked.

Finally I slowed down to a safer speed as I headed back to Bart’s truck.

“That was AWESOME! TOTALLY EPIC! SICK ... SAVAGE!” I gasped trying to explain my inner feelings of total satisfaction. Bart was just snickering next to me.

I needed to say a few things so I got serious “Officer Bart … are you feeling better now? You think you can talk to Ria … ask her what happened?” I suggested.

“I do feel better … this car idea was a good one. But Ria … I just don’t know” He said.

“Just think about it … ask her without accusing her. Just ask her what happened.” I suggested.

“I’ll think about it” He said.

“Ok … great … I have to say something else … and I don’t want you getting all freaked out it. Ok!” I asked him.

He nodded.

“I’m pretty blunt so I’m just going to say this … When You and Ria are together … both of you look so happy it is nice to see.” I stated.

“But … when I’m with you … you are also happy and so am I …” I observed. Bart’s eyes grew wider as he knew where this conversation was headed. I continued “We are good friends … we get along … well, at least, when you are not shooting me or arresting me!” I joked then I got serious again “but we … could be more than friends … I’m not teasing … I’m serious. I don’t want to break up your relationship with Ria … but if you broke up with Ria for other reasons I’d be interested!” I offered. Then I stopped talking. We drove in silence for a while as Bart thought of an answer to my offer. I finally pulled up to his truck.

I looked over to him. He smiled.

“Cassie … I have thought about what you offered and I need a friend right now … not a lover. Can I get a rain check?” He asked.

I smiled “Sure … this is Oregon … we get lots of rain!”

He got out … and I drove off and returned to the Knight Library. I parked the car in the trees on the back side of the building. I did not want too many people seeing my new vehicle. And with no zombies around I got back inside the library.

Ria

Deacon's workshop

Hiding how tired I was I looked at Deacon, glanced at Derry and shot a look at Cramer. The popping lid had made me flinch.

"Deacon, and you too, Cramer, violence won't help us at all to sort things out. Well, not between us, not like you, Deacon just did, and you, Cramer, are talking about. We don't want an hostile atmosphere in here or anywhere else we live. We don't want people looking queer at each other because someone hit someone else or shook someone else, or whatever. This is as important as why those kids had the bottle." I sighed.

"I can think of several possible scenarios how that could have happened, most of them perfectly innocent. They could have left the door open between runs to the truck? Hunter and Bart stormed in here with the news and everything must have been quite chaotic from then on. They could have taken too much, put something aside and before they were able to bring it back, somebody put one or two bottles away, in a 'safer' place. Or a kid could have sneaked in between runs to the car and picked a bottle someone had put down an another one hadn't picked up yet.

Most here will have seen explosives only in films. Deacon, you need to set up a safety protocol, which we will hang on the door, hand out to everyone, you'll hold one or two lessons on it with the kids, show them, do the same demonstration, tell why you have your scars. You also will educate each and every adult here about explosives. maybe you should hold a demonstration once or twice a year so they won't ever forget.

Deacon, I don't know why there were guards outside, but people have been very jumpy after the attack, and the news of what happened at the armory will not have helped to calm their nerves. So maybe some people just wanted to make sure we couldn't be 'surprised' anymore? You will have to make your excuses, Deacon. Stewart is missing a tooth ..." I smiled at Deacon.

"I already mentioned to them you might have a bout of Napoleon. But please don't drink vinegar, it tastes awful Maybe we four decide you had/have Napoleon because otherwise you simply would have told the guards why you were a bit late and they would have opened the door for you, don't you think?"

Last edited:
''I don't trust pretty boy as far as I can throw his ass, he eyeballs every woman like she's a piece of meat. And thinks he's gods gift to women and every man should envy him, I know the manipulative type he is. ''Ye want to trust his sorry ass fine, but I ain't ever goin to do it that easily. That goes for this Leo character ye allowed in, Scotty is acting sneaky and weird like Lex. And if ye go and tell everyone Deacon has Napoleon, who's in charge of the explosives then huh? One more thing while I'm thinking bout it, why the hell did Bart and Hunter leave with anything? We hadn't had the chance to inventory the weapons and ammo, that needed to be discussed before anyone took anythang.''

Crossing my arms across my chest with a deep sigh, I was exhausted and not in the best of moods. ''I hope everyone votes to git the fuck outta here, I had mentioned the winery durin the last meetin. Nobody acknowledged a damned word then, that's one reason I just up and left the meetin. We have no laws established for this bunch, a few need good ole country ass whoopins. Now I ain't sayin it should be Deacon and me, but a punishment should be part of breaking laws.'' After saying my piece I finished off my water, letting my words sink in for quite awhile.

Last edited:
Ria

Still in Deacon's workshop

With a frown on my face I turned to Cramer. I waited until he put the bottle down, gathering my thoughts.

"I think Peter is doing fine. He is young. He is used to being the center of everything. He does not goggle every woman at all times. And neither does he use innuendo in every sentences he speaks to or around women. He did a very good job during the outbreak, he kept a cool mind and directed actions. I know he feels very bad for what he did on monday evening. He feels he shouldn't have acted under Napoleon the way he did. I think this says a lot about his character, he doesn't shrug his shoulders and shakes it off, he is worried about it. He might be a bit too used to getting his way with a bit of charm, but with the same charm he accepts it if things don't go exactly like he wanted."

I shove my but butt further up on the table, put one foot on it and hugged my knee with my hands. I looked down at my other foot and swung it in a circle before I looked at Cramer again.

"You are right, Cramer, we don't have laws. We were too busy surviving and making sure we had enough food. We know we will survive the winter. We have enough food for that, even if rations would have to be quite small from now on. Now we need to find a new place. maybe the winery you talked about, maybe another place. We do need a few weeks to scout, we don't want to relocate to a place only to find us packing again after a month because it isn't safe enough, big enough or whatever enough. We really have to be sure it is a place we can live for a year or longer.

I think the ones recovering from the fever and the children could work on some rules while scouting teams are on the way. We could keep a meeting after breakfast each second day to discuss what they came up with until we are confident we have rules we all can live by?

I think nobody jumped to your idea of the winery the moment you told us about it because it was too ... I don't know, new maybe? People were thinking they were at a safe place. People were working very hard to make this place even safer, to ensure we had enough food, to ensure we had backup for when the power plant would stop working, to ensure we had water. Heck, Vince even brought a water canon truck to use as a water tank! Please don't feel angry or hurt about it, Cramer, they just needed time to let it sink in while they recovered from the attack."

My dangling foot felt immensely heavy and I put it on the table too, hugged both knees a moment and then decided to cross my legs indian style. I straitened my back, rolled my head from left to right with my eyes closed.

"About Leo. I brought him in because Ski and Washington had no objections against it. I couldn't leave him bound in that room with a blown out window in an building with no doors. That was why I went back, I wanted to put a knife on the floor where he could reach it with some difficulty so he could free himself after we were gone." I sighed, expelled all the air I had in me, closed my eyes a second and looked at the floor when I continued my tale.

"He had freed himself, with a knife the boss, his father I believe, had in his pocket. So I had to choose: shoot him then and there or take him outside and talk it over with you all. I couldn't shoot him because I had killed already. I don't know if this makes sense to you three, I have killed many times when I was younger but only animals. I have killed the last few days, but only zombies. I tried to tell myself the men I had killed were only animals too, but for me this doesn't work. I just couldn't kill him.

I don't know what kind of a man Leo is. We will have to wait and see. With Scotty too. He isn't acting like Lex. Lex refused to be part of the group from the very start. Lex never lifted a hand otherwise than to eat something someone else had put in front of him. Scotty works like all the others, maybe even more. But I am not sure he doesn't have a secret. He seems too, I don't know, maybe servile is the word that springs to my mind when I think of him. Too willing to do dirty jobs like laundry, or dull ones like sorting things. I simply don't know. I anyhow, am not willing to put someone out off the door just because I feel a bit uneasy around him or her." I ended somewhat fiercely.

Apologizing I looked at them.

"Sorry for the outbreak, I am just ... Maybe we shouldn't tell Deacon has Napoleon after all, the seed is planted, so ... If we don't say anything and you, Deacon, say the ones you hurt you regret you did so tomorrow, maybe some will think you had Napoleon and others might think you just were under a lot of stress?"

Deacon

I looked between Ria and Cramer, Ria was a perfect mediator, she also had a tough streak to her and that was what we needed. I looked at Derry, took a hand in my own and gave it a squeeze, then I looked at Ria as she said that I would have to apologize.

"I will NOT tell Daniel that I'm sorry. I can understand the need for me to make amends with your pretty boy and guards and I will do that as I may have gone a bit out-of-line. They can just count their lucky stars that they will be there to hear me say that I'm sorry."

I pulled the hunting knife I still had in my pants' pocket and placed it on the workbench,

"I could have used that to make my point."

I shrugged and switched on the soldering iron, watching the lights as they dimmed momentarily,

"If we're getting out of here, I would suggest we do so fast...the power is starting to get iffy and the internet is starting with some server troubles..."

I placed a smart phone next to the knife, which was in the opposite pocket,

"I Googled the area for a few things that I need and also a blind stab at a rifle. It took a while to get what I needed as multiple servers started crashing by now. I would advise you to find a printer, loads of paper and start downloading survival tips. I will not always be around to help with that."

I drew the soldering iron from it's seat, applied the wire to the metal I was working on and sytarted to work further.

"I know you will be going back Ria, just let them stay away from me tonight, if anybody else than you, Derry or Cramer comes through that door before I'm done, then there will be hell to pay."

I looked up at her,

"And I am serious about that, I have large quantities of napalm to make tonight as the flamethrowers run through a tank very quickly and I do not want to get disturbed while I do it, it could be dangerous for all involved. At least you three have the common sense to know that I'm not ignoring you, just working."

With that said I turned my attention back to my work and muttered,

"Derry if you can stay for a few moments I'll be glad, Cramer I need a word with you as well."

Troy & Maddy

The Winery

Very early morning Day 7

Troy had just finished his rounds along the fence with Anubis and the Pup and was finally heading to bed. He had overseen the changing of the guards and made sure everyone was settled in. He was amazed at how good everyone had gotten in just the few days since the outbreak. At the moment he had Tony and Steve in the tower most of the time but he needed someone else with sharp eyes. He was trying out a few people and so far had found a couple to relieve them but he really needed a third set of really good ones. The rest of the people had pitched in as best they could, be it as guards, cooks, medics, helpers just whatever.

As he stumbled towards the kitchen for some water for himself and his dogs, he met Maddy.
"Oh great Troy, do you have a minute. I know you are probably exhausted but I need about ten minutes of your time."
Troy smiled and nodded knowing she was probably just as exhausted as she was and if she was asking it was important. "Sure thing Maddy, just let me get some water and a snack and I will be right with you."
Five minutes later they were sitting at a table. Troy had a pitcher of cold water and a ham sandwich, while the dogs were happily munching on a bone each that Mrs Brady kept for them with a bowl filled with water next to them. "Alright Maddy what's the problem."

Maddy looked at him and sighed. "We lost another three people tonight that were injured in this afternoons fighting. Two because of the severity of their injuries, one to the virus we think. He wasn't so bad but suddenly he just died, like he gave up or something. Luckily we have been taking the precaution of tying down all victims, because he woke up straight away. We wouldn't have even known he had died if it hadn't been for that portable heart monitor machine we had to buy last year. He kept saying he was okay and could he get up, but we now insist everyone stays for at least one day. Over the next couple of hours he didn't try to get away or struggle in any way but we began to notice a few things. His heart rate had dropped dramatically. I don't mean to maybe 50 beats a minute I mean 15 beats. His blood changed Troy, do you understand what I am saying. It was red and then it got darker and finally it was green. Through all of this he didn't notice anything until someone would get close then he would start to sniff. This was only after his blood turned green. When we caught him gnashing his teeth at one of the old women helping out when she got too close we killed him. Made it seem like he died of his injuries."
Troy stared at her, his sandwich forgotten on the table in front of him. "So what you are telling me is that these things can kill you with a scratch now. We knew they could maybe make you go crazy but now this."

Troy sat in silence for a little bit then did a quick check. "Ok so by my calculations that leaves us with sixteen people left. You, Your kids Brett and Vicky, Odette, Mrs Brady, Dave our I.T guy, Percy who is going to be our main weapons manufacturer, Tony and Steve our lookouts, Scott who screwed up but is still an okay guy, Tracy and Stephanie who used to be workers here but have turned into right little soldiers,Bob and Martha our resident old couple that probably have more energy than the rest of us some days I swear, Lenny and finally me." Troy ran his hands through his short hair. "Oh and I can't forget the barky twins here," he said reaching down and patting his dogs.

Maddy had sat silently through his brief run through. Now she spoke up. "Look Troy everyone here looks up to you and knows just how much you have done for us. If it wasn't for you we would all probably be dead by now. The other good thing you did was put Mrs Brady in charge of things in here. I never knew how much this place relied on that woman until now. She is a godsend. She keeps the moral high and makes sure that people are doing things that have to be done but in a polite but firm way. My god there is a Roster drawn up behind the front desk on who is to do what and people actually check it and do their jobs happily. You may be the General but she is the Drill Sergeant behind you. Actually I think you two are a bit of both put together," she grinned at him.

Troy smiled right back. He knew things had been getting done here but had assumed it had been Maddy who had been doing them. "Well it looks like we might have some down time tomorrow so at breakfast... ahhh I mean today," Troy said glancing at his watch "We will have to tell her how much we appreciate her. Besides we have to tell everyone we are getting into a little bit of a problem. We have all the food, water and electricity we could want and we may have a solution to our weapons issue. Our problem now is we might not have enough people to defend this place. I'm sorry Maddy but 16 people of which 2 are effectively non fighters can't watch this place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for long. Unless something happens soon we might have to discuss other options."

Maddy nodded having come up with the same conclusions herself. Standing up she patted Troy on the shoulder and left him there to finish off his sandwich as she trotted off to get some sleep before another big day tomorrow.

Cramer

I listened to everything Ria had to say, somethings I agreed with, others my opinion hadn't changed any. ''I call thangs as I see em Ria, you know that. Ye have some good points I'll give you that, Peter don't git my trust that easily.'' My expression slowly began to darken as she mentioned killing people. ''Ye thank I wanted the boy killed, that what ye thank of me now, a killer?

Getting choked up at what I thought she was saying. ''Said Asthuli begged by Allah to end his agony. Hand trembles as I rub it over heavy stubble on my chin, what had been bottled up inside couldn't be anymore. ''Yeah I killed the bastards that took ye and Cassie, the sorry excuse for men needed put down like rabid dogs!''

My voice cracking as it was raised, though they deserved what they got it took it's toll on my soul. ''I see their faces all the damned time Ria! Tears welling up in obvious pain filled eyes began to fall, I slide down the wall as my knees gave out. ''Yeah I warned Leo what I'd do if he fucked up, just to scare him into doin right by us.''

Scrubbing the burning tears from my face my hands shook, hanging my head my shoulders shaking as I wept quietly. ''I couldn't even save my Kaitlyn and the baby she carried.'' I'd just went to pieces after I said this, my shattered heart was completely laid bare to them. ''I don't...I don't have anyone except ya'll in the Knight.'' My voice barely audible rasps as it's choked with tears. ''I'll be damned if I'll let anyone hurt the ones I have left.''

Last edited:
Ria

Outbursts ...

"Norah and Lola and Cassie have been doing just that every change they got, Deacon", I said wearied when he told me we needed to print out survival tips. "Cassie specialized in weapons, Norah on water, power and communication devises, Lola picked everything else she found, from how to make soap to how to tan leather to how to grow food without direct sunlight. I found books here in the library, I even found some I have on my own shelfs in Holland. Books about day to day living in medieval times, and on surgery and healing herbs, I also found books written by people who re-enacted Roman, medieval and prehistoric times. They are full of things useful to us. The books are in my room now, luckily almost undamaged by the water from the sprinkler-system. The girls kept the things they printed in ledgers and desks, those didn't get much damage too.

We aren't without brains, you know, even if we weren't trained in surviving technics like you!" My cheeks turned red when I realized I had overstepped in a big way as I yelled the last words at him. My hands, fingers spread wide, palms outward, rose in a pleading, stop motion in front of my face before I clasped them together and pressed them against my mouth.

"I am sorry, Deacon", I said in a soft but clear voice, my clasped hands under my chin. "I really am, that was so uncalled for. The yelling, and the phrasing. The meaning wasn't uncalled for though. You are used to being on your own, to bear all responsibility and you don't trust others to be capable of doing just the same. They, or we, might not do it your way, that doesn't mean they, or we, do it a wrong way or do nothing at all. Telling Daniel what you thought he needed to hear wasn't uncalled for either, the way you did it was though. The same with the guards. You need to apologize for the violence you used. You could try talking with people who's actions annoy you before you smash their heads in to make your point clear, you know!

Yes. I will go back to the meeting and will tell everyone to leave you alone tonight because you have work to do. I will also tell them you will hold lessons on explosives and how to handle them and that everyone is obliged to attend. I won't tell them anything else. How and when you apologize is up to you. But don't wait too long. It won't get easier for you and quite worthless to the guards and Daniel." I made ready to slip down from the table when Cramer started to speak.

Tensing all my muscles to keep me from shaking like a leaf in a storm I listened to Cramer's outburst. I couldn't stop my head from nodding and shaking with his words though. I almost fell from the table in my haste to get to him when he broke, words coming incoherently out off my mouth. Only when I laid my hands on his shoulders I could talk sense.

I rubbed his shoulders, made soothing noises, shook him slightly before I pulled him into a tight hug. I held him for a long moment before I laid my hands around his face and looked into his eyes. I had to blink hard because my eyes kept filling with tears.

"I know! It is the same for me, Cramer! It is the same for everyone here! Now listen: I think the bravest thing you ever did was to help Said when he asked you to end his agony. I really do. It takes a man or woman with a very strong loving heart to help a fellow human end his life because they simply can't bear it anymore. Like Lee said, it often is the only kind thing one can do. To do otherwise is condemning them to a long and horrible death. But to a lot of people it is much easier to sit beside a moaning, crying for pain, begging for it to be stopped, dying person than to actually do what this person wants. And many people can't even do this. It doesn't make them cruel. It is just the way they are. I am very happy you are the way you are, Cramer." I pulled his face down, rose on the tips of my toes and kissed him between his eyes.

"I really am happy you are who you are. I am happy you are here. We share the want to keep the Knights alive and unhurt. Daniel and Peter are Knights too, Cramer, don't forget that. They want the same as you and I. As I told Deacon, not everyone may do things your way, act like you act. That doesn't mean they are wrong in doing things like they seem fit. It just makes them different from you. Cramer, for most of the people here it is the very first crises in their life. What is a bad note, losing a football match, getting a curfew compared to what we are going through? I know you are a patient man. You are a farmer. You grow things. Don't people also need to grow before they are ripe?" I kissed him again, rubbed my thumbs over his temples.

"Okay. I'm off to the meeting now. Shall I come back later to tell you all what was decided? Okay", I ended as one shrugged his shoulders, one nodded and one smiled and I closed the door behind me.

Last edited:
I stood to the side as Ria had her say, I didn't want to interfere, so leaned against the wall listening. I couldn't help but tense up as I listened to Ria get louder and louder. I bit my lower lip as well as clenched my hands at my sides. As she explained her side of things, her emotions got the better of her. Ria ended up yelling at Deacon, who didn't move a muscle. It was all I could do to keep from jumping in at that moment. The she stopped, realizing that she knew she had overstepped, I took a big breath and relaxed as she apologizied I smiled slightly as she told Deacon, he might be right, but it was his methods of getting his views across that needed polishing up. I had to agree mentally, but wouldn't say so out loud. As she finished speaking and was about to make her exit. Crammer indicated that he had something to say.

My eyes started to tear up as I listened to him. He had a lot of hurt bottled up inside, as we all did to some degree. But Cramer's seemed to be nearer the surface, it was good to see Ria take him in her arms soothing him. She had excellent instincts at saying the right things at the right time, something we all needed to hear from time to time. I smiled through my tears, thankful we had such a wonderful woman as our leader. She ended by saying she had to go to that meeting but would be back to let us know what was decided. Just before she closed the door I added,

"Ria you know my vote is to leave." She nodded as she turned and closed the door.

I looked at Cramer, walked over to him and gave him a big hug,

"You know your a darling man don't you? We are all flying by the seat of our pants these last few days...but hey, we are still alive and kicking aren't we?" As Martha Stewart would say, "And That's A Good Thing," I chuckled before adding, "And that is all I am going to say for now."

Looking at Deacon I smiled, before slipping out of Cramer's arms, walking the few steps over to Deacon and planting a long lingering kiss on his lips. Pulling away slightly I teasingly said,

"Caveman!"

Last edited:
Cassandra and Peter

As I entered the Knight, my emotions were pretty mixed. I was super happy with the new car. So I was on cloud nine. But Officer Bart had rejected my offer. I had not been turned down by a man in a long time … I think the last time was Valentine’s Day in 4th grade. Little Johnny Pippen … and he was "little" back then I was a foot taller than him. In High school that all changed … he was on the football team … linebacker I think. He was not "little" anymore! Anyhow, I was a bit troubled by that.

But I was also relieved as Officer Bart and I had been such good friends … sometimes sex screws all that up. So him saying no to me … was bad as I felt rejected … but it was also good as our friendship would continue.

With all these thoughts going on … I walked into the meeting that had just broken up. Peter looked tired and under a lot of stress. I went over to him

“Peter what is going on?” I ask

“Where have you been?” He asked back at me … not answering my question … as he rubbed his cheek. Kind of looked like someone slapped him across the face.

“Officer Bart found a replacement for my Mustang. Did someone hit you?” I asked Peter. He turned to me and proceeded to tell the whole story of the meeting and the fight. He finished by saying “Someone needs to investigation who gave those kids the explosives” He said

I smiled “I hope you don’t expect me to ask the kids … they might “blow up” at me!” I joked. “I mean, it might be a “blast” … but it also might go off like a dud!”

“Cassandra … the puns are not funny … stop already” Peter said.

“I guess I “bombed” that performance” I joked back. I could tell peter was getting pissed. I needed to say something to settle him down.

“I’ll do the investigation” I told him.

He said “thanks”

“Oh I got more news … the road out to Cramer’s place …and that winery looked pretty clean. I drove it tonight.” I informed Peter.

“Oh good … we’ll send out a scouting party tomorrow morning.” Peter confirmed.

Last edited:
Ria

Sleeping ...

Was hard to do. Most of the nights since I came into the Knight I slept as soon as my head hit the pillow, probably because I was exhausted but not this night. My bed was still somewhat damp and despite yet an other dry blanket I had put on the mattress to keep the chillying dampness away from my skin I still felt cold.

Drying a blanket was much easier than drying a mattress though, so I had, like several others, opted to cover my mattress with a dry blanket every night since the attack. The last two nights I had slept fairly well. I did wake up very early the first morning because I thought I had a fever: I was wet (with sweat I thought still half asleep) and shivering. As soon as I realized why I was wet and shivering I tried to find a dry spot in my bed. After some rolling around and encountering only spots a bit less wet than the rest I got up.

Since there was a lot of cleaning to do, I got warm quickly enough. The second morning was the same, and this morning I slept a bit longer.

Although it was very late now and I felt very tired, I couldn't sleep. Every time I relaxed enough to doze off a thought popped up and woke me completely. Peter knocking on my door and telling me Cassie was back with a new car and news about the road to the winery hadn't helped either.

It had been only a short conversation, with him sitting on the rand of my bed, and me chuckling when he suddenly grinned, kissed me on my forehead and wished me a good night, but still ...

As soon as Peter closed the door the thoughts started to run amok again.

Only because the road had looked clean to Cassie now, in the middle of the night, wouldn't mean it would be clean tomorrow. We knew zombies didn't walk around much during the night.

We had to organize a bus or two. We had to organize boxes, preferably big plastic ones, crates and things to pack our belongings effectively. We didn't have much, if one looked objective at it and the few things people now called their own shouldn't be damaged by packing them in sacks and bags. It would be ideal if we could hand everyone a box with his or her name on it. We would need many boxes for the schoolbooks, Martin and Robert had selected quite a lot of books with the help of the children.

We would need days and days to pack everything properly.

Some wouldn't be able to help, they were still sick now and would need days to recover. Peter and Daniel weren't back to their strong former selves yet. They had been working much too hard much too early.

We had no idea if and how many people lived in the winery.

We didn't know if they would welcome us. Not even if there were only four or five they might be hostile. I hoped Cramer would call them first thing in the morning.

I had asked him that, hadn't I? Feverishly I replayed my second visit to Deacon's workshop: Cramer was there. I had told them we would move. I had asked Cramer how well he knew the owners of the place, or the chef since he probably saw more often when he brought his produce. But had I asked him if he would call that person first thing in the morning? Finally I sighed relieved. I had.

"Would you call them, Cramer? Just tell them you are alive, together with some friends and children, have a lot of food and medical supplies, and are working on the place you all are staying at because it isn't really a hotel." I had said that.

My mind was quite for a while and I really thought I was done with thinking when I dozed off again. The awakening this time was so much harsher: the memories of what happened at the armory. I looked through tears at the little flame of my candle for a very long time before I saw it clear because my sobbing stopped. Sleep was a long way off even then. I had to light a second candle after the first burned down and watched it until it was only half of what it had been when I lighted it before I fell asleep.

Derry looked at me and walks over and gave me a big hug, I still sat on the floor with my back against the wall. "You know your a darling man don't you? We are all flying by the seat of our pants these last few days...but hey, we are still alive and kicking aren't we?" As Martha Stewart would say, "And That's A Good Thing" she chuckled before she added ''That is all I am going to say for now."

She looks over at Deacon with a smile for the big man, before slipping on out of my arms. Walking the few steps over to Deacon to plant a long lingering kiss on his lips. Pulls away slightly as she teasingly said, "Caveman!" I had to weakly smile at the display of affection, being happy for them I longed for the same type of affection.

After the tearful words of understanding and advice, along with the hugs it had helped. I wipe my eyes and blew my nose, fortunately having several napkins really helped out. My buddy Deacon was about talking about it, having two others tell me the same did convince me. I was a stubborn cuss as Mama used to say, God rest her soul I really miss her and Papa.

''Well, I'm as weak as the worn out shocks on a 65 Cadillac. I'm goin to bed alone, Again, ya'll have a G'night now ye hear? Unsteadily rising to my feet again, steadying myself with a hand against the wall. With a slight wave before heading out, making my way back to the Knight from the Annex. Passing out asleep face down on the nearest couch I found, as exhausted as I was my sleep was fitful.

Dreaming of calling the winery hearing screams, blood ran out the earpiece and receiver. As a voice choked with blood spoke. ''We're coming to devour the flesh from your bones.'' Staring at the blood dripping phone in horror, suddenly a rotting hand grabs my throat. A scream caught in my throat as it happened, waking I swing my fists wildly at the empty air. Rolling over onto my back I sat bolt upright, shaking like a leaf breathing very raggedly. ''Not damned nightmares again!''

Last edited:
Louise

She had helped Lola and Robert put the kids to sleep and they decided they all needed a break. She could see Roberts interests shifting more toward Lola now because He could tell Louise just wanted to be friends. She decided to give them privacy to talk and go for a stroll around the night to think about a few things. She carried a weapon of course because you never knew when anything could happen. It was a simple bat but it would work .

She decided to look for a book to keep herself entertained through this chaos and wondered if they should start preparing for the big move. She walked through the halls reading a book from the Alex cross series by James Patterson.

She jumped startled when she heard a scream and ran to where she heard the sound with the bat ready to swing. She was shocked when she realized it was Cramer and he sat up shaking and breathing harshly. She stood for a second then walked over to him. He looked horrified. " Hey.." she said lookin at him and kneeling beside him " Cramer are you ok? I heard you scream" she said looking concerned.

Back