Flashfic thread: Rotating themes

How many posts to change the topic?


  • Total voters
    54
jomar said:
Don't you remember that scene in Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swazey? They were throwing a really hot pot, if you will. :)

I was just thinking about that. :)
 
Sports 6 /10
------------
Kat's bike skidded on the gravel path as she sped round the corner. Almost in slow motion she felt herself falling, gravity propelling her body swiftly towards the ground. With a muffled curse she connected with hard lumps of grit. It hurt. The bike crashed down on top of her leg and she felt a sharp pain in her ankle.

For a long moment there was silence. Not even a bird sang in the trees. Then she yelled at the top of her voice, "FUCKING BASTARD BIKE!"

"Need a hand?" Aiden laughed as he dismounted beside her, grinning with amusement.

Her sore ankle was swiftly forgotten in the heat of his blue-eyed gaze and the ache immediately transferred to another part of her anatomy...

:)
 
Sports: 7 of 10

Samantha suddenly realized how much she had missed running and the sheer exhilaration it brought. Feet pounding on the well worn path around the reservoir; the rush of air in her lungs and the sweet burn of flexing muscles momentarily blotted out the lingering ache in her heart.

They had been so happy, then that little slut from the video store had stolen her Judy away. 'I am so sorry to do this, but...' the note read.

She ran faster, tears stinging her eyes. She could neither forgive, or forget.

If only she could outrun the emptiness inside.
 
Sports: 8 of 10. When bad puns go worse.

"Will you look at her ass, Steve!" Alex had spotted her first in the bar: Decent tits, nice ass like Alex said, too tanned to have spent the winter in Hartford.

Spring training was a drag. The only women that came out to watch were chain-smoking housewives. This chick was different.

"She's looking at you, man." Alex smirked. "Make sure you look at her face."

He was aching all over from pitching. He didn't have time for Alex's crap. The girl was studying him, waiting for him to say something. "Ever hit a home run?" He winced when he said it. At least she grinned.
 
Last edited:
Sports 9 /10

The fence approached faster than she had expected. It seemed huge now they were almost on top of it; an intimidating tower of logs and artfully arranged brush. Nadine felt the horse gather himself and she experienced a moment of pure fear.

It was a heady aphrodisiac as they sailed easily over the massive jump. The blood rushed through her veins like a molten river of fire. The sensation of power unleashed between her thighs reminded her suddenly of Anton.

Fucking him last night had been almost as much fun as jumping this course.

Almost, but not quite.
 
Sports 10/10

Exactly 100 words!


The hot sun beat down on the fat girl’s head as a rivulet of sweat ran down the center of her back. The teams were chosen, and only she and one other remained. Everyone knew she would be the last one, the default, the one nobody wanted. The mantle of humiliation lay heavy on her shoulders as the other child, the class geek, was chosen. The faces of her teammates looked away as she joined them wordlessly.

This moment would weave itself into the very fabric of her life, the brutality of children shaping the woman she was to become.


Next topic: Music
 
Music
1/10

The song playing in her head was “Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress” by the Hollies. She was neither long nor cool, being a few inches over five feet, shy and terribly nervous as she stood in front of the closed door, and just barely a woman at eighteen. Her bellbottoms and faded T-shirt bore no resemblance to a black dress. Oh, but inside she was the epitome of sophistication and the living embodiment of a femme fatale, a woman of the world. She took a deep breath, squared her shoulders, smiled and opened the door to her future.


(exactly 100 words, too)
 
Music, 2 of 10

Mad Morgan Speaks;
T'was a nasty little ditty that I used to sing for thrown coins; “for to see Bad Tom in Bedlam, five hundred miles I travel” and sometimes it gave me the shivers to sing it; but the public liked it well enough. It weren't till I got a bit older that I learned how Bad Tom was still about. If you say a thing long enough it’ll come looking for you, and the thing that lived in those weird words, the thumping little tamborine, my sister’s penny-whistle -- well, it lives in me still. Bedlam boys are bonny...

(100 exactly)

(You done good, ticklekitty :rose: )
 
Last edited:
fcdc: Great thread. Thank you. A :kiss: from a good little witch.
 
Music 3 of 10

Kragar slammed the dressing room door, lay his guitar in it's case, grabbed an energy drink and slumped on the couch. He drained the bottle, sweat pouring from him. 'What a show, they really went wild tonight', he thought, the cheers and screams still ringing in his ears.

A soft tapping on the door evoked a curt "Yeah, what is it" as he sat up.

A pretty blonde girl of about eighteen years opened the door, smiled and said "Your drummer told me you'd sign my autograph book."

He nodded, seeing her eyes focused on his bulging crotch.
 
Music: 4 of 10

-----

Glissando. Emily loved the word. It started as a smooth glide and ended with an Italianate flourish.

There was something sensual in arpeggios with their crawling progress over the keys' spine, something dominant in her foot against the pedal, making the baby grand sing louder or softer at her whim.

Chords brought washes of synaesthesiac color. F-major was a sunny, bright yellow, and D-minor a solemn, drab grey. The higher octaves glittered in metal, and the lower octaves were rich and wine-deep.

As for Tom, he was center C, bold blue. She built him as a chord and released. The room gleamed, sapphire.
 
drksideofthemoon said:
(Mine doesn't count)
Because of the overage?

I discovered that it's almost impossible for me to say anything about music in less than 250 words... :)
 
Stella_Omega said:
Because of the overage?

I discovered that it's almost impossible for me to say anything about music in less than 250 words... :)
I had trouble with the 100-limit for this one too. I didn't have problems with art or sports being that length. Isn't that interesting? (Note: It's a good subject, still! I just think it's funny that we all had trouble.)

I played hockey somewhat in high school, but am not an athlete, and I am not an artist in any way, shape, or form. Yet I do play piano, guitar, harmonica, ukulele. I wonder if that is why I had more trouble with the limit, because I'm more tied to the subject matter.

That true for you guys too?
 
Stella_Omega said:
Music, 2 of 10

Mad Morgan Speaks;
T'was a nasty little ditty that I used to sing for thrown coins; “for to see Bad Tom in Bedlam, five hundred miles I travel” and sometimes it gave me the shivers to sing it; but the public liked it well enough. It weren't till I got a bit older that I learned how Bad Tom was still about. If you say a thing long enough it’ll come looking for you, and the thing that lived in those weird words, the thumping little tamborine, my sister’s penny-whistle -- well, it lives in me still. Bedlam boys are bonny...

(100 exactly)

(You done good, ticklekitty :rose: )


Thank you! :catroar:
 
fcdc said:
I had trouble with the 100-limit for this one too. I didn't have problems with art or sports being that length. Isn't that interesting? (Note: It's a good subject, still! I just think it's funny that we all had trouble.)

I played hockey somewhat in high school, but am not an athlete, and I am not an artist in any way, shape, or form. Yet I do play piano, guitar, harmonica, ukulele. I wonder if that is why I had more trouble with the limit, because I'm more tied to the subject matter.

That true for you guys too?
yes, I'm sure of that- Music is so integral to my being... it's like trying to describe water to a fish-- kind of complicated :)

You'll notice I didn't do sports at all!
 
Stella_Omega said:
Because of the overage?

I discovered that it's almost impossible for me to say anything about music in less than 250 words... :)

Yeah, I don't well with limits...LOL...
 
I'm having trouble with this one too. I thought it would be an easy one for me because I was in band all through school and majored in music my freshman year in college. I played clarinet, flute, piano, and some percussion. It was my life for so long, and now I've got nothing to say about it.
 
Stella_Omega said:
Check out "The bitch is gone" thread that I just bumped! No word limits!

Whoa! Nuclear threadjack!

I'm there. :D
 
Stella_Omega said:
Check out "The bitch is gone" thread that I just bumped! No word limits!

Stealing people from my thread, eh?

Have at thee!

fencing.gif


Sorry, couldn't resist! :D I'll check it out too!
 
Music 6 of ten (counting dark)

Odd, how the time of day can affect your actions so much. Sunlight kills stealth, the moon rewards guile. Illicit is more at home in the dark hours than any other time.

In the bright sunshine he had told me to never pull out the 'vox humana' stop. Now, in the wee small hours, I sat with fingers poised across the yellowing keys with their black punctuations both ready and afraid to hear the human voices.

On a board so huge what else could I assay than ‘Toccata’

The very first phrase stole my breath, and the descent afterwards gloomily lit the path with the howls of the tormented as they conveyed me underworld.
 
Back
Top