Student needs help with thesis on BDSM

Question no 4 is related to the idea that masochism isn’t necessarily pain or humiliation itself, but also interpreted in relation to what it is to experience such a thing dependant on whether you are male or female.
No... masochism is, exactly and definitely, the erotic enjoyment of pain or humiliation.

That what it is. Male female or imaginary animal-- masochism is that single thing.

If you are trying to figure out if men and women have different triggers, if some things that men consider humiliating don't bother women and vice versa-- You are welcome, I've just untangled your language for you.

And of course the answer is yes, if we are talking about gender. Many-- but not all-- men love to be "humiliated" by being dressed up in women's clothing, and being called a "slut. Women love to be humiliated by being called "Slut" and, sometimes, by being dressed in slutty clothes.

For men, the perception is that there is a shamefulness in being female in the first place, yes indeedy. that's why they play with it. For women there is a perception that certain aspects of being female are even more shameful EG their sexual desires and most of all the free expression of such. That's why they play with it.

This is truly basic feminist theory, actually.

However there are plenty of humiliations that have very little to do with gender and are played with by both sexes.
For instance if chastity and denial are more prevalent within F/m, whereas in M/f if being pinned down and taken, called a slut etc. are more common practises, could this be because if women are biologically and culturally the more desired of the two sexes that the sadomasochistic eroticisation has been made in such ways. (hence question no. 3).
Male chastity seems to be a big trend right now. IMO,a lot of that stems from the gadget aspect, all those cool devices you get to lock on yourself-- and then suddenly that peen is the center of your universe. (As it turns out, not so much. A locked down dude starts to lose interest in sex if he's been in it long enough, and sometimes finds he can't get it up for a few days after he comes out of the thing.

And there is pah-lenty of chastity/denial going on in M/f play. Lots. OMG, so much! (Same issue applies, actually. For chastity denial to remain fun, the bottom has to keep sex on their mind.)

As for the "pinned down and being called a slut" see my first answer for the 'slut' epithet, and being pinned down -- M/f couples do this because its easy to do-- it comes, so to speak, naturally. men tend to be bigger and stronger, they have the outie while she, smaller and less strong, has the innie.

And yes, some people feel that M/f is the natural expresson of biological Trooth as they see it. Your mileage may vary there. Mine sure as fuck does. :rolleyes:
Regarding where I said (in the 1st paragraph of this post): “but also interpreted in relation to what it is to experience such a thing dependant on whether you are male or female” is the root of the question about if homosexuals practise acts that relate to gender differences, like feminisation, as they are the same sex.
Absolutely not.

Totally, yes.

You are asking a simplistic question of an enourmous group. Some guys like to play with gender, some guys don't. Some lesbians like to play with gender, some don't. Gender play among same sex players is generally known as "butch/femme" And many people identify as "butch" (as the lady with the moustache who is telling you this) and many people identify as "femme."
The rest of the questions have similar backgrounds, which I am not able to discuss. If for that reason anyone doesn’t want to help that’s fine.
I don't mind answering your questions if you can ask them competently and understandably.

Enlighten me?
Google is your friend; https://www.google.com/search?q=books+about+BDSM
https://www.google.com/search?q=BDSM+and+gender

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, is English your first language?

Just as complete hijack and irrelevant red herring...

There's good money to be made in writing non-english speaking uni students' papers, essays etc.

A friend of mine does it for extra cash when he's short of dough.

Apparantly, or so I'm told, it's incredibly common.

Just as complete hijack and irrelevant red herring...

There's good money to be made in writing non-english speaking uni students' papers, essays etc.

A friend of mine does it for extra cash when he's short of dough.

Apparantly, or so I'm told, it's incredibly common.

I did a fair amount of thesis editing when I was in grad school, as I had a number of acquaintances from the middle east. Thus I gained a disproportionately high level of knowledge of various abstruse subjects. Anyone need a refresher course in urban planning for the oil-producing regions of the world?

I didn't charge a fee, but my clients knew me well. Most picked up the tab for a lavish dinner out somewhere, and one wise client took me out for an evening at the Chicago Playboy Club. Muslims don't live that well any more.

Enlighten me?

For one, do a search on Amazon, there are both general purpose books and more academically oriented books written about BD/SM, and if you are at a decent college or near a place with a decent public library system, you can prob find books. There have been research papers written in academic journals of sexuality and sociology, I don't have specific titles, but at any decent college you should be able to find them (and in some cases, may be able to get them over the net). One general purpose book I always liked is "Different Loving" by gloria Braeme, might be a starting point (and if you are truly serious, she has a website with her e-mail, she is a phd in human sexuality and might be able to give you ideas where to look).

It isn't I won't answer your questions it is I can't, because the way they are framed has no meaning, it is a lot of mumbo jumbo based on my understanding of BD/SM. For example, humiliation is an aspect of BD/SM play, or can be, but it isn't the same as masochism or bottom or sensation play or whatever you call it,though some could argue humuliation is a form of pain, but it is psychological, not physical overlaid with psychological that I believe physical play to be (basically, that our brain transmutes pain into pleasure, the way our brain turns sound waves into music and light waves into sight).

You are trying to mix axes that have little to do with each other, a femme domme feminizing a male has little to do with a gay sub getting fisted; tease and denial works on men and women the same way, it is getting them hot and horny and not letting them release, tantalizing them with the orgasm that won't come; it can also be a form of torture, not letting them cum for weeks or months while the other person does cum a lot, through the oral efforts of the sub or with other people while the sub watches, but the dynamic doesn't change much, and doesn't have a lot to do with having hot wax poured on someone's nipples......tease and denial can be physical in a topping/bottoming sort of way, or could be part of a D/s where it isa lifestyle thing....it is why your questions are so vague, they could cover a lot of ground and need to be more specific and covering things people can answer.

Enlighten me?

Enlighten you?? On shit you can look up yourself??

For the love of all that's holy or not... Can you seriously not do a damn search for books?? Do your own homework... GOOGLE.. YAHOO.. BING... it helps if you actually USE THEM...

Absolutely not.

Totally, yes.

Could you possibly tell me what you are referring to with “Absolutely not and “Totally yes?” or is this like “Yes and No” relating to how diverse it is.

However there are plenty of humiliations that have very little to do with gender and are played with by both sexes.

Thanks I do know this, although of course there was no way of knowing from my posts.

And of course the answer is yes, if we are talking about gender. Many-- but not all-- men love to be "humiliated" by being dressed up in women's clothing, and being called a "slut. Women love to be humiliated by being called "Slut" and, sometimes, by being dressed in slutty clothes.

For men, the perception is that there is a shamefulness in being female in the first place, yes indeedy. that's why they play with it. For women there is a perception that certain aspects of being female are even more shameful EG their sexual desires and most of all the free expression of such. That's why they play with it.

Along the same lines I guess the female Domme with the strap on could be like an interpretation of what “Dominance” is based on different gender. As much as “Men are Dominant and in charge” is a cultural misconception that some BDSMers wish to avoid, myself included. As I think I have mentioned, my question as to whether same sex practioners part-take in acts related gender differences was related to this.

Last edited:
A thesis on human sexuality? Come on, man, quit pulling our legs. Sourcing standards can't have sunk this far from back in the day.

Or were you really planning to cite Glistening_Buttocks_4_U in footnote 29?

Exactly my thoughts...

Now I only have less than 20 credits so far, but my experience has been that I have not been permitted to use any website as a source, unless it is sourcing a book and I can properly cite said book.

But I'm not anywhere near writing a thesis.

my question as to whether same sex practioners part-take in acts related gender differences was related to this.

Your syntax slays me!

University of Manilla?

Esperanto State?

$%28KGrHqZHJC4E7y+jFVozBPDEiq%28,7w~~60_35.JPG

Your syntax slays me!

University of Manilla?

Esperanto State?

$%28KGrHqZHJC4E7y+jFVozBPDEiq%28,7w~~60_35.JPG

Nice pics on success without college. I dropped out of a degree some years ago.

I’m self-employed at $40 an hour. Otherwise I own the exclusive worldwide distribution rights to products that make me a growing passive income from sales in the US, UK and Europe.

I’m not a student. I thought that saying I am would get a better response.

I’m also one of those non-scene people who thinks the scene has a lot of twats in it.

Sorry if my syntax isn’t up to the standards required of an internet forum. Had I known that it was being read by a professor who is grading me, I would have thought more carefully. After the first 2 posts on this thread I was laughing but thought I’d give it a chance.

There’s obviously a lot of bitterness in you, to service this for my own amusement would be foolish use of anyone’s time, particularly if I am what I say I am.

You can think that my apparant lack of interest in this thread from now on, is actually due to leaving too many half lit-fag butts on the keyboard, making it brake and that I am keen to get back AS.A.P. to show you what for over teh internetz.

Last edited:
sucks.gif

And so does the OP.

First time I realized "loser" could be spelled with only two letters.

Well, I think we all learned something here.

I’m also one of those non-scene people who thinks the scene has a lot of twats in it.

Too right. I hear some of them even big-note themselves and tell lies about their experience, just to impress others!

Sorry if my syntax isn’t up to the standards required of an internet forum.

It's more a matter of "not up to the standards required to make your story credible". If you come here and bullshit people, expect to get called on your bullshit.

Heh. It's really hard to fake knowledge when you have none, isn't it?
I'm sure you do.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why people feel the *need* to bullshit us if they want to ask questions. If any new user actually takes the time to look at some threads in this place, they'd know that we do *not* take kindly to being lied to, being bullshitted... On the other hand, someone being honest about their curiosity and questions often gets a lot of really insightful responses.

Why do people think they'll get *better* responses by lying their asses off? It makes no logical sense.

What I don't get is why people feel the *need* to bullshit us if they want to ask questions. If any new user actually takes the time to look at some threads in this place, they'd know that we do *not* take kindly to being lied to, being bullshitted... On the other hand, someone being honest about their curiosity and questions often gets a lot of really insightful responses.

Why do people think they'll get *better* responses by lying their asses off? It makes no logical sense.

The thing is, if they don't bullshit us, they can't bullshit themselves. In order to be honest with us, they have to be honest with themselves in that they are interested or just curious about certain parts of their sexuality.

Too many people in this world just aren't comfortable with their own sexuality.

The thing is, if they don't bullshit us, they can't bullshit themselves. In order to be honest with us, they have to be honest with themselves in that they are interested or just curious about certain parts of their sexuality.

Too many people in this world just aren't comfortable with their own sexuality.

Game, set and match to Wenchie!

I also have to add this, though: never, ever underestimate the stupidity of people who think that they are smarter than everyone else. Hubris. It's not pretty to see it, but it can be entertaining...:devil:

Okay, so this person might actually be trying to find out...what?

If some guys dress other guys as women for humiliation purposes?

My thought is not unless at least one of the guys is bisexual. A look through the GLBT forum will give you a hint that the guys who are most invested in feminisation are guys who are invested in women one way or the other. The leathermen that I know of like men. If they want to humiliate another man it's going to be about heirarchy, not about gender.

I know two guys who have boyfriends who want them to act like girls. According to the both their boyfriends say things like "I was never gay before, but you are just prettier than any girl I ever met..."

Women, pretty much the same. I've had straight and bisexual women ask me if I would like to be sissified-- To which I say, so what, I've worn dresses a hell of a lot in my lifetime. Lesbians, not so much. Mostly, they don't consider it shameful to be a woman, nor do they consider it important to be a man.

Last edited:
I’m also one of those non-scene people who thinks the scene has a lot of twats in it. "

And that is a bad thing? Some pretty cool people come attached to twats, and Mr. Popeil for all his invention prowess has never created something so cool and versatile.......and the people attached to those twits can keep you warm on a winter's night, tease and make you beg to be able to please the sacred twat, can get you drooling in a pair of lace panties on the twat....amazing thing, that.

And I would be willing to bet you are a non scene person who doesn't get around a lot of twats........

For the record, if you want to ask a question, ask it, don't pretend to make yourself look like something you are not, most of the people on here when faced with someone curious who doesn't know go out of their way to answer sincere questions. Either you have real problems asking simple questions, or you are some pompous idiot who sadly has no reason to be pompous.

MN0064174.gif

Nice pics on success without college. I dropped out of a degree some years ago.

I’m self-employed at $40 an hour. Otherwise I own the exclusive worldwide distribution rights to products that make me a growing passive income from sales in the US, UK and Europe.

Sorry if my syntax isn’t up to the standards required of an internet forum. Had I known that it was being read by a professor who is grading me, I would have thought more carefully. After the first 2 posts on this thread I was laughing but thought I’d give it a chance.

There’s obviously a lot of bitterness in you, to service this for my own amusement would be foolish use of anyone’s time, particularly if I am what I say I am.

You can think that my apparant lack of interest in this thread from now on, is actually due to leaving too many half lit-fag butts on the keyboard, making it brake and that I am keen to get back AS.A.P. to show you what for over teh internetz.

BDSM is not a hallmark card moment, dude.

Dude was lying about what he was doing, and people could tell that. So stupid, anyway, because he made a brand new alt for the purpose-- he could have said "I want to be sissified by gay men, can that ever happen?"

But nooooo he had to make up a fancy scenario, and parade his ignorance of basic research procedure and ethics. Pull up your big boy underoos. First rule of getting what you want is to be honest about what you want.

Women are ALWAYS the most desired of partners. Always. Don't believe me? Try finding a unicorn. Watch how much it takes to get a woman into bed versus a male. Observe how the female orgasm is more illusive than the male's. Yeah, pussy is the currency of life. True that. :devil:

Back