What does a vaginal orgasm feel like?

superstition

Virgin
(As opposed to a clitoral orgasm).

I've never been able to explain what an orgasm feels like, so I know this is a difficult question... but I want to know because I don't know whether I've had a vaginal orgasm or not.

The fact that I'm even wondering leads me to believe that I haven't had one, because clitoral orgasms leave you in no doubt and I know it's common not to be able to cum from penetration. But I've heard the two types of orgasms feel really different, so I'm not sure.

Thanks, ladies!!

An orgasm is an orgasm, but different types of stimulation can produce different sensations and results.

For me, an orgasm that results from vaginal/g-spot stimulation is softer/less intense and not as satisfying than one from really good clit stimulation. Similarly, orgasms from the right vibe differ from those from oral sex, and those are both different from orgasms from my fingers or something like the shower attachment. Some are quicker or longer or softer or harder, more or less satisfying.

However, other women are completely the opposite, so this is really an individual thing (i.e. using others' experiences to determine what's happening with your body may very well lead nowhere).

My advice is to stop caring about where your orgasms come from and focus on experimenting and enjoying what feels best to you.

All orgasms are your muscles clenching tighter and tighter until they start spasming/throbbing. If it's the muscles in your vagina doing the clenching and spasming, that's a vaginal orgasm.

I agree with Erika.

Just focus on what feels good and don't worry about orgasm. The best sex of my LIFE was a one night stand and I didn't orgasm, BUT the whole thing lasted 4 hours!

However, since you did ask a question, I will do my best to answer it. ^_^

I've only had two vaginal orgasms in my life; they were both with the same guy who took forever to cum. I mean, this guy had some serious control over himself, lol. Well, about the fifth time we had sex, he was going at it for like a half hour already, and I realized to myself that he was in a rhythmn and wasn't likely to cum any time soon. Since my muscles were aching from being so tense, (which is how they have to be in order for me to cum with clitoral stimulation) I decided to just relax. The next thing I knew, my body was convulsing in climax and I felt like I was high. It was wonderful...for the split second I had of ecstacy, until he decided the best thing for him to do would be plowing me in like a jackhammer.

For me, the only similarity between both types of orgasms include convulsions where my body kinda shakes a bit. Oh, and the feeling of euphoria...brief tho it may be, lol.

g-spot orgasms are sadly rare in my life right now, and I'm not ever sure if that is a fair name for how I experience them, but they are a completely different sensation than clitoral orgasms.

G.O's are literally the end of me, and usually come from me being "relaxed" (for lack of a better way to describe it) and there being a steady, consistent pace which then quickens and pretty much tips me over the edge, it's like my whole body contracts, such an amazing feeling. C.O's for me are more localized and I can fairly easily reach them multiple times in a given session. I also find that G.O's wipe me out/exhaust me, where has a single C.O seems to energize me (wake me up sex vs put me to bed sex lol)

I agree with Erika.

Just focus on what feels good and don't worry about orgasm.

I'm not so much worried as curious. I don't really care if I don't have one, I just want to know if what I'm feeling is what other women talk about when they talk about g-spot orgasms. :)

I think that for me vaginal orgasms are different than G-spot orgasms. I've only had a couple of G-spots and they were incredibly intense, just about pass out afterward kind of things. When having intercourse I normally have what I call "combination" orgasms; it takes penetration and clitoral stimulation for me to have an orgasm. Masturbating tends to be a very gentle type of orgasm and I can go on and on with it. When hubby plays with my clit it is a stronger orgasm than when I do it but not as strong as the combo orgasm.

I am a guy so I am definitely not an expert, but the ladies I have been with could never orgasm from just penetration. All of them required clitoral stimulation to cum. Many of them said what they thought was the best orgasm was a blended orgasm, usually achieved through me providing oral while applying steady firm rhythmic stimulation of their g spot. I dont know if that helps.

You can also achieve this with deep penetration from behind or by lifting a womans legs up toward her head while angling your penis towards the front wall of the vagina.

two different feels

clitoral orgasm - super intense, sharp, feels like its radiating out to the rest of my body from the dear little pal; spots on my clit or pressure is like wired circuit of pleasure

vaginal orgasm - sometimes as sharp as clitoral sometimes not but always actually more gratifying; feels more all body with the point of sharp intensity being deep in my vagina canal....(don't know whether these are g-spot or not but they are quite fine); my whole body becomes party to the orgasm where with a clitoral orgasm it can be mind blowing in intensity but virtually occur with hardly any obvious action on my part or body reaction at climax; vaginal I'm making noise and whole body pumps and jerks etc; its like your whole pussy just goes off and wants to devour your partner or the toy or your own fingers whatever is being used at the time

I've only had two vaginal orgasms in my life; they were both with the same guy who took forever to cum. I mean, this guy had some serious control over himself, lol. Well, about the fifth time we had sex, he was going at it for like a half hour already, and I realized to myself that he was in a rhythmn and wasn't likely to cum any time soon. Since my muscles were aching from being so tense, (which is how they have to be in order for me to cum with clitoral stimulation) I decided to just relax. The next thing I knew, my body was convulsing in climax and I felt like I was high. It was wonderful...for the split second I had of ecstacy, until he decided the best thing for him to do would be plowing me in like a jackhammer.

For me, the only similarity between both types of orgasms include convulsions where my body kinda shakes a bit. Oh, and the feeling of euphoria...brief tho it may be, lol.

I have the shaking, convulsive, spasm type orgasm as well, especially from combination or g-spot, and I described it that way in a story. My girlfriend read it and said she didn't have that kind. Hers were more rolling or wave-like. It hadn't even occurred to me that the convulsion stuff wasn't universal. I started taking polls from the women I knew, especially in how to describe all the different ways other women climaxed, and apparently I kinda have pretty standard ones.

I agree with Erika.

Just focus on what feels good and don't worry about orgasm. The best sex of my LIFE was a one night stand and I didn't orgasm, BUT the whole thing lasted 4 hours!

However, since you did ask a question, I will do my best to answer it. ^_^

Dude... that was awesome! hands down the coolest post I've ever read.

Traditionally, I've only ever been able to cum with clitoral stimulation - with out without penetration. These orgasms are intense, with convulsions and moaning and whatnot. They feel *amazing* while they are happening, but when they're done, so am I. All I want to do is curl up and go to sleep.

But, with the last guy I slept with, I finally experienced vaginal orgasm. It was softer, like the peak of a wave, and I could have multiple ones and still be up for more hanky panky. I enjoyed them, not only for the pleasure they brought (even though they were softer, they still rocked my world when they happened), but also for the fact that neither I nor my partner had to have a hand planted "down there" when I wanted to cum.

So, ya, I guess it's different for each woman. Hmmm...I wonder if the orgasm a man has while masturbating feels different than results from intercourse?

Traditionally, I've only ever been able to cum with clitoral stimulation - with out without penetration. These orgasms are intense, with convulsions and moaning and whatnot. They feel *amazing* while they are happening, but when they're done, so am I. All I want to do is curl up and go to sleep.

But, with the last guy I slept with, I finally experienced vaginal orgasm. It was softer, like the peak of a wave, and I could have multiple ones and still be up for more hanky panky. I enjoyed them, not only for the pleasure they brought (even though they were softer, they still rocked my world when they happened), but also for the fact that neither I nor my partner had to have a hand planted "down there" when I wanted to cum.

So, ya, I guess it's different for each woman. Hmmm...I wonder if the orgasm a man has while masturbating feels different than results from intercourse?

For me, they are almost impossible to compare. It gets the job done, removing the tension, more or less for a short time. Making love is totally satisfying both mentally and physically for hours.

How's this for a terrible analogy, but I think people might get what I mean.

A clitoral orgasm is like being stabbed, once through the heart. A vaginal orgasm is like being bludgeoned to death by six or seven people.

K

Personally - and I think I might be quite unusual in this - I often find it hard to tell the difference. I think it varies from woman to woman. My girlfriend says she has a completely different kind of orgasm, depending on how we do it.

When I can discern between them, I suppose it's like this. If I have an orgasm almost entirely from my clitoris - for example, from cunnilingus, it feels shallower, bodily, but 'brighter' - the sensations are really clear and sharp and gorgeous, but most of what I can feel is around my clitoris.

If it's just my vagina that's being stimulated, say I'm being penetrated from behind, my orgasm is 'duller', if that makes sense, but deeper and more bodily - I can really feel it in my tummy, and inside me generally.

Difficult to put into words - describing an orgasm is a bit like trying to describe a smell.

(As opposed to a clitoral orgasm).

I've never been able to explain what an orgasm feels like, so I know this is a difficult question... but I want to know because I don't know whether I've had a vaginal orgasm or not.

The fact that I'm even wondering leads me to believe that I haven't had one, because clitoral orgasms leave you in no doubt and I know it's common not to be able to cum from penetration. But I've heard the two types of orgasms feel really different, so I'm not sure.

Thanks, ladies!!

There is a difference in orgasms. I have had clitoral all my life since I can remember (masturbation). Only in this last year have I experienced g spot (vaginal) orgasms. I thought like you as well wondering if I had already experienced it but it just wasn't as big as clitoral ones. Well, vaginal ones do feel different. They are not as powerful and obvious as clitoral, but you can feel them. And with me, I could only have one clitoral and that was it. With vaginal I can cum over and over. I hope this helps.

PS. I did not experience vaginal orgasms during intercourse, it was with fingers. Now that we know where my spot is he is able to hit it during intercourse and bring me to orgasm.

Last edited:
Back