"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously man, I do not have a clue what you are talking about! Un-faving a poem? It took me almost an hour to get into my home page on this laptop. The touch-pad mouse goes ape shit whenever I try to use it.

I got a pm teliing me not to be a drama queen. I thought maybe I imagined your strained attitude at me, but I was right.

I wish you would give me time to get used to this darned computer before you decide to fuss at me for un-faving a poem of yours I haven't looked ta the "faves" I don't know how to get there from here right now. .
then as far as I'm concerned the unfaving had nothing to do with the strange "hello" on the same date as per your explanation, the matter is ended for me.
good luck with windows 8

as far as the PM goes, it was not from me
it has been my policy(for some time) to only send them if I get an email from lit. stating that someone tried to pm me, then I clear out the box and send one to that person, if I know them.

I state this again: PM's are not coming from me, nor are anonymous comments or scores.
Anyone getting a PM purporting to be from me, please post and report to the management of this place.

Just to prevent any more assumptions that PM to Maria was from me.

We go way back and it was a gentle reminder that she is not surrounded by enemies on this forum as she would have us believe.

She will be back, if she ever went away, and I hope she'll treat us to more of her poetry.

Last edited:
Thanks to Bronze for mentioning my poem, Stone Cold April Snow and much thanks to Harry, Ange and SweetOblivion for their comments.

I will not have a computer for a few days so it is unlikely I'll be doing the recos on Thursday. If anyone else is keen jump in.

then as far as I'm concerned the unfaving had nothing to do with the strange "hello" on the same date as per your explanation, the matter is ended for me.
good luck with windows 8

as far as the PM goes, it was not from me
it has been my policy(for some time) to only send them if I get an email from lit. stating that someone tried to pm me, then I clear out the box and send one to that person, if I know them.

I state this again: PM's are not coming from me, nor are anonymous comments or scores.
Anyone getting a PM purporting to be from me, please post and report to the management of this place.

Thank You 1201, it has been like learning to use a computer all over again. I almost tossed it to the curb but hell, im not that impulsive...patient.

I had to call my girl in normal just to find out how to turn it off.

be well :)

Thanks for all the comments on Leo's Corollary. Here is a little background if you are interested.

Dilemma
by Leo Buscaglia

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To go forward in the face of overwhelming odds is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change,
grow or love. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave. He has
forfeited his freedom. Only a person who takes risks is free
Thanks again

Thanks for all the comments on Leo's Corollary. Here is a little background if you are interested.

Dilemma
by Leo Buscaglia

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To go forward in the face of overwhelming odds is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change,
grow or love. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave. He has
forfeited his freedom. Only a person who takes risks is free
Thanks again

I still don't care much for the title, Harry, but man, those last two lines of the poem.... That final one-two punch was a knockout.

Owing to r/l pressure I will have to relinquish my Thursday slot, don't crush one another in the stampede to fill it :D - although I was really pleased to see wakingDown pitching in, thanks wD. :rose:

Last edited:
Just to prevent any more assumptions that PM to Maria was from me.

We go way back and it was a gentle reminder that she is not surrounded by enemies on this forum as she would have us believe.

She will be back, if she ever went away, and I hope she'll treat us to more of her poetry.
Dang, y'all. I hate misunderstandings.

I never said the PM was anon, or rude or mean. I ADORE you Tess and more than that, I respect you. and I never said I was surrounded by enemies, just a few people, who for some reason attributed certain deeds to me that weren't done by me. And anyone who doesn't want to read my posts, there is an ignore :D button

yeah I know.....who cares....

Last edited:
Butters' interview thread, located at the tippy-top of this forum is going strong. She has agreed to keep at it for another week. There's a lot of good information about her writing and critiquing processes in the thread, and there is more to come. If you've been reading and lurking but have a question for her or just want to comment, please take this opportunity to go for it. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate.

:rose:'s for butters and all particpants and lurkers. :)

Thanks to all who have commented on my submissions during the past three months or so. You know who you are. :rose:

Thank you Maria for commenting and favortiting my poem, Covet the Night. You actually made me blush. :rose:

I'm thinking of marrying that girl in the poem, not that I'm so eager to do the M word again. But, she does know how to make grilled cheese sandwiches the way I like them and does give the best head ever (not at the same time, that would be some kind of kinky talent all on its own).

Thanks GM and A9 for a recommendation and a comment on my recent NP. Was surprised there were no other.

Thanks also Anoma Tess, sandyb, Erectus, Legh32, and butters

Last edited:
Alright, Desejo recommended three poets today, what is going to be the new procedure? comments? No time like the present to start.

Alright, Desejo recommended three poets today, what is going to be the new procedure? comments? No time like the present to start.

Poll on the NPR is set to close on 7/19. To be fair we have to let the poll run it's course before I change threads (or not). But anyone can comment or recommend anytime. We've said that here so much over the years I feel like a broken record repeating it. I'm hoping if we have a new thread that says that up front though, more people will get the idea. :)

I started to pm the three and say they were recommended. Shaun's stuff is always interesting and he is not averse to discussing elements of his poems although they are adverse. I have a hard time following just exactly what he is saying. Todski is lurking in the background somewhere waiting for the pearl necklace of wisdom to fall. Don't know the other one and they probably know nothing about this thread.

I started to pm the three and say they were recommended. Shaun's stuff is always interesting and he is not averse to discussing elements of his poems although they are adverse. I have a hard time following just exactly what he is saying. Todski is lurking in the background somewhere waiting for the pearl necklace of wisdom to fall. Don't know the other one and they probably know nothing about this thread.

Well they both know the forum exists because I've had contact with both of them. I've also recently invited two other newer poets to the forum. Dunno if they'll show up or not but hope springs eternal. There's only so much each of us can do and I need to put as much time as I can into my own reading and writing.

Just wanted to give you all a big thank you for comments and helpful insights that have been given to me over the last few weeks. I am thoroughly enjoying having a group of people that "get it" it was hard as a bouncer to find anyone that wrote poetry or anything other than mandatory incident reports. There is so much ego and macho aggression that saying you like poetry was liable to get you into a punch up. It's not much different as a tradesman. So this place has been a haven of creativity and growth for me. Pat yourselves on the back for having such a welcoming and helpful vibe here.

Just wanted to give you all a big thank you for comments and helpful insights that have been given to me over the last few weeks. I am thoroughly enjoying having a group of people that "get it" it was hard as a bouncer to find anyone that wrote poetry or anything other than mandatory incident reports. There is so much ego and macho aggression that saying you like poetry was liable to get you into a punch up. It's not much different as a tradesman. So this place has been a haven of creativity and growth for me. Pat yourselves on the back for having such a welcoming and helpful vibe here.

for your amusement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Campbell_%28poet%29

a poet who used to engage in fisticuffs with other poets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back