2013 Lit Fantasy Baseball

serwolfe

Literotica Guru
Invites sent! I've tentatively set the draft for March 30th, 3pm (A Saturday). I want to get as many people there as possible including Chef this year.

If you cant play let me know so that we can work on finding a new owner. I imagine there will be a few people who opt out like every year.

I would also like to include something new this year. I think owners should pay attention to their team and there was talk last year about dead teams. In my opinion I don't think it asks too much for an owner to check in on his team at least once every two weeks. If they do not and they do not let us know they have issues accessing their teams maybe they should be eligible to be replaced at that time.

Thoughts? Now is a good time to bring up changes, thoughts on the draft time, etc.

You should be able to select your keepers in the yahoo game (like last year). Keepers are due by March 25th (Monday before the draft). This gives me a few days to hunt owners down or pick keepers for them. (Or replace if need be).

tl;dr Sorry for the length but wanted to cover the big stuff.

Invites sent! I've tentatively set the draft for March 30th, 3pm (A Saturday). I want to get as many people there as possible including Chef this year.

If you cant play let me know so that we can work on finding a new owner. I imagine there will be a few people who opt out like every year.

I would also like to include something new this year. I think owners should pay attention to their team and there was talk last year about dead teams. In my opinion I don't think it asks too much for an owner to check in on his team at least once every two weeks. If they do not and they do not let us know they have issues accessing their teams maybe they should be eligible to be replaced at that time.

Thoughts? Now is a good time to bring up changes, thoughts on the draft time, etc.

You should be able to select your keepers in the yahoo game (like last year). Keepers are due by March 25th (Monday before the draft). This gives me a few days to hunt owners down or pick keepers for them. (Or replace if need be).

tl;dr Sorry for the length but wanted to cover the big stuff.

I didn't get an invite, or i missed it:-(

Is everyone ok with a "Must be active at least once every two weeks" rule?

I'm in favor of OBP (lets allow walks to count for something). Not sure on the quality starts as I still like the wins category. Thoughts? We can throw it up for a vote on the league page.

Last edited:
It was a question towards her missing invite.

I can't make another team. We have a set 14 teams and one may become available. Have you played fantasy baseball before?

I would rather add than subtract from categories. Wins plus qs seem compatible not sure about BA and OBP, but i'm open to most anything.

I would rather add than subtract from categories. Wins plus qs seem compatible not sure about BA and OBP, but i'm open to most anything.

Do you mean make it 6 x 6? I was thinking the obp would replace the ba... but increasing it to 6 batting and 6 pitching would be... interesting.

I like the idea of getting this discussion started earlier this year. Each year we seem to push it off until its too late to make any real changes.

I'm not a fan of altering scoring categories ahead of a new season as it changes the dynamics of any trades from the prior season that involved keepers (potential or otherwise. In advance of next season, sure, as it gives all a full season to adjust their play accordingly.

I'm not a fan of altering scoring categories ahead of a new season as it changes the dynamics of any trades from the prior season that involved keepers (potential or otherwise. In advance of next season, sure, as it gives all a full season to adjust their play accordingly.

I'm not either but i don't think those two would be radical changes. I would oppose most changes or going beyond 6 categories, but like i said before i can live with the status quo or a bit a small bit of fiddling.

I'm ok with small changes like what has been proposed. Bigger ones (like number of keepers, number of teams, etc) are changes I would want a full to adjust.

I like Quality starts for 2 reasons.

1 no one gets screwed over for losing a 1-0 game.
2 no one gets screwed when someone gets a cheap W even though they let up 5 ER over 5 InnP

Still missing 5 owners.

Should we put added categories to a vote on the league page?

Back