What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babci's tales from the old country
Grandma Margie's tales from her tribe

I think I should be writing notes, again.
 
Babci's tales from the old country
Grandma Margie's tales from her tribe

I think I should be writing notes, again.

Most definitely! Those are things that should be passed down from generation to generation! I have the tail of my great grandparents immigration from Germany written down.
 
I still can't get over the fact that she was laughing at them! I don't get some parents fascination with freaking the shit out of their kids!

All right, well, I thought it was funny! But then, I'm the kind of mother who plays jokes on my kids all the time.
We told our youngest that it was a law that everybody had to change their name every ten years. We made up what ours used to be...he googled it and asked people...and we started calling him by his new name! Now, six years later, EVERYbody calls him the 'new' name and he answers to it!
 
All right, well, I thought it was funny! But then, I'm the kind of mother who plays jokes on my kids all the time.
We told our youngest that it was a law that everybody had to change their name every ten years. We made up what ours used to be...he googled it and asked people...and we started calling him by his new name! Now, six years later, EVERYbody calls him the 'new' name and he answers to it!

See, that's cute! You didn't traumatize your kid over it. I actually think that is a unique thing to do. My youngest brother didn't like his name, so we asked him what he wanted to be called. He always thought of himself as Charlie Brown and wanted to be called Chuck. But everyone kept calling him UpChuck. Then he changed it to Bubba, and we still call him Bub to this day!
 
Is it strange that I knew a girl named Bubba? She didn't really look like the female version of a Bubba either.
 
05-hpp-richard-petty-superbird.jpg


I want!!!!
 
I just watched a Mamet film, David Mamet, and I feel like writing like he does, like he writes his scripts, his film scripts, because I like the way David, writer director David Mamet writes his films. He uses repetition a lot, you know he repeats himself a lot in his scripts, I like that.
 
I'm putting my clothes line back up today! I love hanging clothes to dry, they always smell so good!

I'm also making peach cobbler and homemade vanilla ice cream to have for dessert tomorrow.

I just love when the weather is pleasant and sunny!
 
Feeling so comforted, peaceful and loved being here with my family...

NOTHING like it...I treasure every minute...

I am so touched...I want to stop time and never leave...it is so beautiful for me...Im afraid time will travel on too fast ...:heart:
 
it is so gorgeous outside right now that I think I'll put the cushion on the deck swing and take my school work out to study while swinging in the sun :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top