Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the one person here who wished me a happy birthday yesterday.

Did I blink?
Could it be that I missed all the signs and portents?
oh dear.

<thinks>

Ok Mega Grovel.

Sorry; but I guess the time differences got me confused.

A belated
Many Happy Returns.​

It just took me four hours to drive around the block. Yes, I got gasoline poured into my car's tank at the end there (less than 3/4 a tank), but still. Four hours of waiting. They were only running two fo their four pumps too, which is criminal. I should have complained to the police officer directing traffic. Four hours to drive less than a half mile away from my house and back...

It just took me four hours to drive around the block. Yes, I got gasoline poured into my car's tank at the end there (less than 3/4 a tank), but still. Four hours of waiting. They were only running two fo their four pumps too, which is criminal. I should have complained to the police officer directing traffic. Four hours to drive less than a half mile away from my house and back...

That's better than nothing. During and after Rita, it was 10 days before any gasoline was available for anyone other than fire, rescue and police. The second Hurricane, three years later was a little better. it was only six days.

That's better than nothing. During and after Rita, it was 10 days before any gasoline was available for anyone other than fire, rescue and police. The second Hurricane, three years later was a little better. it was only six days.

Well thankfully for us, Christy is actually a great disaster-time governor, and is getting shit done. Obama is doing his part too, so all is well (well, as well as it could be after such a disaster).

I'm glad things are getting better for you, TGP.

Quick blurt: I'm absolutely sick of the robo-calls I'm getting about the election. I answer them only so I don't have to listen all the way through on my voice mail.

Quick blurt: I'm absolutely sick of the robo-calls I'm getting about the election. I answer them only so I don't have to listen all the way through on my voice mail.

When I'm in my office, I just lift the receiver and put it back down now. I did enjoy the other day being able to hang up on Bill Clinton. I've wanted to give him that treatment ever since he screwed up a perfectly good presidency by . . . well . . . screwing.

I did my first major con today in quite awhile.

It reminded me of why I closed the store. Picture the stero typed geek, glasses, dressed like mom dressed him and snorting while he laughs while wearing a star wars t-shirt.

Multiply that by ten and that's what I dealt with all day today. Good fucking god, they drive you crazy with questions.

Look, yes I know a lot about comics, but I have no fucking idea how many feet per second Spiderman's webs shoot okay?

Thank god for the scantily clad Zenescope girls. I did feel bad for them though every where they went the geeks were pointing going, look boobs and they;re not mom's!

When I'm in my office, I just lift the receiver and put it back down now. I did enjoy the other day being able to hang up on Bill Clinton. I've wanted to give him that treatment ever since he screwed up a perfectly good presidency by . . . well . . . screwing.

I've found I have to say "hello." That activates the recording. Then I hang up. If I don't, and nothing happens, I fear I may be put back in line. And I hate having to listen to the whole spiel on voice mail before I can delete it (no, I can't delete mid-message).

I've found I have to say "hello." That activates the recording. Then I hang up. If I don't, and nothing happens, I fear I may be put back in line. And I hate having to listen to the whole spiel on voice mail before I can delete it (no, I can't delete mid-message).

Don't use all of your "Hellos" on robocalls. We're only given a finite number of those to use, you know.

When I use up my quota, I'll turn it over to Mr Penn. ;)

I don't get the calls, but I keep getting spam e-mails form "Obama" things like "Now is the time" and "Thank you for your vote"

I don't know how the hell I got on the list, but I've clicked the link to be taken off it and they just keep coming.

Yes gods I hate these bloody eBay "auto bidder" things.
I've missed three Motorola batteries.

hope all you US voters get the president you want tomorrow (ie same one you have today)

Still lots of trees down blocking a bunch of roads between my home and office. Lots of stoplights without power too, making my commute ridiculous this morning. I am going to try to find a better route on the way home (hope I don't waste too much gasoline doing so).

Hm. When writing a story for the Romance category, perhaps the best ending is not "And then she shot him."

Hm. When writing a story for the Romance category, perhaps the best ending is not "And then she shot him."

No, that story goes in Loving wives. :D

Or in my case the story opened with her stabbing her husband. :eek:

No, that story goes in Loving wives. :D

Or in my case the story opened with her stabbing her husband. :eek:

I think I need a bit of an attitude adjustment and some inspiration. That ending just popped into my head. It "fits" but I think I can find something a little better if I stare at the computer screen long enough.

I'm not brave enough to post in LW.

I think I need a bit of an attitude adjustment and some inspiration. That ending just popped into my head. It "fits" but I think I can find something a little better if I stare at the computer screen long enough.

I'm not brave enough to post in LW.

Most of the time the first ending is the best ending.

As for LW's, just close the bubble up tight and take it through a car wash to get all the yuk off on the way home. :D

Most of the time the first ending is the best ending.

As for LW's, just close the bubble up tight and take it through a car wash to get all the yuk off on the way home. :D

That's fine for the bubble, but some of that LW yuk gets into all sorts of places.

That's fine for the bubble, but some of that LW yuk gets into all sorts of places.

As they say, no balls, no brownie points. ;)

Now that I think about it, exactly which they are they and why would they use balls and brownies in the same sentence? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back