Sci-fi

L

Lady_Sith

Guest
I dont know how well this would be received, but I was thinking about doing a Highlander offshoot character.

I'd start with the protagonist mourning the loss of her latest lover from cancer, she'd remember something from the past and then get a phone call from her nemesis. She'd fight, and she'd get defeated. Right as she's about to lose her head, she'd flashback to when it all started. And then I'd go from there. I haven't started an outline yet, her name would be Annika Rannta from Finland. She'd be a shieldmaiden from Norway around 11th century AD.

What say you? Yes or no?
 
It's not a bad idea i'd say as long as you keep your storyline straight. Though personally i do kind of fundamentally hate the "suckerpunch" like beginning/ending it will have.
 
I'd like to keep it going for at least 10 chapters till the heroine "loses". So I was going to have her manage to snatch victory from defeat while said bad guy was running his mouth about winning.
 
Where her weapon is concerned, I'm thinking double Viking short swords or a pair of ninjato. I'm sure you're gonna make her able to handle a regular blade. But I like the concept of of that and it would add to the uniqueness of the story...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top