Nipple Clamp Advice?

evermyre

Literotica Guru
I am looking at getting my first set of nipple clamps, but have absolutely no idea what to get. Does anyone have any advice on a good set of beginner nipple clamps?

Thank you.

Clamps

For beginning, depends a lot on what you like, and how much pressure, etc.

Tweezer type clamps are generally softer, less pinch. But don;t do enough for many.

Clover clamps are the best - but more expensive, and generally more forceful and able to clamp very tight.

If your just trying it out, you might start with Clothes Pins, or plastic clothes pins form the dollar store. Or chopsticks and some rubber bands. These can have a marvelous feel, a very sexy look, and cost nothing.

Amazon is a good source, generally cheap, discrete and reliable. Or stop in at Fet Life and look at a few ads - there are many suppliers there.

I'm not here often, but if you Tumblr - catch me more often at SpiceNWolf.com and tell more about what you want. Or look up nipple clamps, chop sticks, or clothespins in my archive.

Much luck exploring and drop a line any time.

Last edited:

Tweezer type clamps are generally softer, less pinch. But don;t do enough for many.

Clover clamps are the best - but more expensive, and generally more forceful and able to clamp very tight.

If your just trying it out, you might start with Clothes Pins, or plastic clothes pins form the dollar store. Or chopsticks and some rubber bands. These can have a marvelous feel, a very sexy look, and cost nothing.

Amazon is a good source, generally cheap, discrete and reliable. Or stop in at Fet Life and look at a few ads - there are many suppliers there.

I'm not here often, but if you Tumblr - catch me more often at SpiceNWolf.com and tell more about what you want. Or look up nipple clamps, chop sticks, or clothespins in my archive.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I'll add that I have had the most success with clover clamps. The tweezer kind just have not done anything for the girls I've had.

If your just trying it out, you might start with Clothes Pins, or plastic clothes pins form the dollar store.

I wouldn't recommend plastic clothespins for starting out. The way they are often designed means they have a mean bite! Wooden ones are very, very nice though and versatile enough for use on other fleshy areas too. ;)

It's true, tweezer style clamps don't have a lot of oomph. On the other hand, adjustability especially if you are just begnning is a good idea. Clover clamps don't offer that feature.

I'm not saying not to buy or use them... don't get me wrong, just that... maybe it's a work your way up to kind of thing. Let's face it... no one is exactly the same in how they react to any stimulation.

Personally, I'd go adjustable bull-nose... because you can get more sensation than you can with tweezers, but can still adjust them if the sensation is too much. http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-Vibes...99&sr=1-1&keywords=adjustable+bullnose+clamps

As always, your mileage may vary...

Ouch!

Ok,I've been wanting to add some nipple clamps for my wife's enjoyment. She is sensitive to pain and not at all turned on by it. I thought I would start very light, with this in mind. I bought some wooden clothes pins from the Dollar Store. I decided to use them on myself first to see what all of the fuss is about and to make sure they would not be too rough for my wife. All I can say is OUCH!!! Those things hurt. I know better than to try that with my wife. I will have to look for a much softer approach. Maybe avoid them and go to nipple suction devices instead.

I have just purchased some magnetic ones, I will report back when they are delivered and I have had a chance to try them properly.
Tweezer, even for a first time I found no where near strong enough, aligator clamp type didn't have big enough jaws and when I pulled on them came off.
Big plastic clothespegs.... Really strong, really ouchy, really good for a short time and had the added bonus of making my nipples hgypersensitive for a couple of days after use. I do enjoy a certain level of pain so am not unhappy at using them. I cringe slightly at using wooden pegs, just in case of splinters!

Ok,I've been wanting to add some nipple clamps for my wife's enjoyment. She is sensitive to pain and not at all turned on by it. I thought I would start very light, with this in mind. I bought some wooden clothes pins from the Dollar Store. I decided to use them on myself first to see what all of the fuss is about and to make sure they would not be too rough for my wife. All I can say is OUCH!!! Those things hurt. I know better than to try that with my wife. I will have to look for a much softer approach. Maybe avoid them and go to nipple suction devices instead.

I forgot to mention this... It really does depend on who you are using the clamps on. If they can handle a bit then, tweezers may be a bit on the light side. They cant then well you might want to look into them.

It's true, tweezer style clamps don't have a lot of oomph. On the other hand, adjustability especially if you are just begnning is a good idea. Clover clamps don't offer that feature.

I'm not saying not to buy or use them... don't get me wrong, just that... maybe it's a work your way up to kind of thing. Let's face it... no one is exactly the same in how they react to any stimulation.

Personally, I'd go adjustable bull-nose... because you can get more sensation than you can with tweezers, but can still adjust them if the sensation is too much. http://www.amazon.com/Trinity-Vibes...99&sr=1-1&keywords=adjustable+bullnose+clamps

As always, your mileage may vary...

These are the exact same clamps that I have. They can be adjusted to be much softer than the wooden clothespins. The wooden clothespins I found to be fun for a couple minutes but after that I didn't feel them anymore until I took them off. When the blood rushes back to your nipples the sensation is pretty high, in my experience. These bull-nose clamps are perfect because as the session continues you can adjust them tighter and tighter to keep them from falling off during rough play and to keep the pain at a pleasurable level.

Having just recently tried, and enjoyed though a bit painful ;) stay away from heavy plastic ones to start. Very tight.

Do not get clover clamps first! I did and I thought I could handle quite a bit of nipple pain, but holy shitballs! Those bastards really hurt. Adjustable is best in any style.

I would go with adjustable clamps to begin with. You can heighten or decrease the pain that is being administered. Good luck and have fun!!!

I guess it depends on your pain threshold and your nipples. I can't say enough good things about the clover clamps! There are so many things to do with nipple clamps and chains and such. My former Dom would clip them on me and make me ride him until he came, which could be a while and with the weight of the chains and my boobs flopping everywhere the pain could be quite intense, in a good way :D. If he felt he I wasn't trying hard enough, he would pull down on the chain while I still had to bounce up and down. The clover clamps bite harder when you pull on the chain, between that and my big nipples, they almost never came off. He also soldered loops onto a set of clamps that were two parallel metal bars that you tightened with screws. That way he could tie some 500 cord onto the loops and hang weights from them, let me tell you a pound doesn't sound heavy, but after swinging from your nipples for a few minutes you realize a pound is VERY heavy. Last one, I promise, he would tie my nipples to something stationary on the floor, push me forward to put tension on them and then take me doggy style, pounding really hard. :kiss: Have fun!

Sensation?

I am looking at getting my first set of nipple clamps, but have absolutely no idea what to get. Does anyone have any advice on a good set of beginner nipple clamps?

Thank you.

I've enjoyed reading the advice on this thread. I am curious to know if some of you experienced with nipple clamps can explain the sensation you experience, if that is possible. I am a male, and understand that my nipples won't respond the same as a woman's nipples. I tried the clothespin for a few seconds and it hurt! Are you supposed to suffer a little bit to get to the fun part? Help me, if you can understand exactly how they feel, etc.

I've enjoyed reading the advice on this thread. I am curious to know if some of you experienced with nipple clamps can explain the sensation you experience, if that is possible. I am a male, and understand that my nipples won't respond the same as a woman's nipples. I tried the clothespin for a few seconds and it hurt! Are you supposed to suffer a little bit to get to the fun part? Help me, if you can understand exactly how they feel, etc.

I should have added that I want to introduce my wife to these, but I need to know what to tell her to expect.

I should have added that I want to introduce my wife to these, but I need to know what to tell her to expect.

And that's the rub... my ddh responds the same way to nipple clamps. It just plain hurts and is no fun for him. In fact, after trying them, he asked me what color the sky was in my world. :rolleyes: I do know there are men who really enjoy them. It's honestly a your mileage may vary kind of thing.

For me, it hurts too, but in a good way. The same way a solid session of spanking, flogging hurts. It turns me on. It's hard to know how someone else would experience it.

This is why I advocate for adjustable anything... over clover clamps or clothespins at the start. Don't get me wrong... I love my clover clamps. They just are not the gateway drug to nipple clamps and nipple play because you can't predict how it feels for someone else.

It's one of those... the pain is what the person says it is... and you need to believe them kind of things. If they are having a great time, believe them. If they are not having a great time, believe them.

And that's the rub... my ddh responds the same way to nipple clamps. It just plain hurts and is no fun for him. In fact, after trying them, he asked me what color the sky was in my world. :rolleyes: I do know there are men who really enjoy them. It's honestly a your mileage may vary kind of thing.

I was the same way until I first started using nipple suckers. They helped ease me into nipple play and made the nipple stand out more so that a clamp could clamp onto the nipple and not the areola.

I'm always surprised by the number of threads and general posts that mention nipple clamps when nipple suckers can be just as much fun.

Nipple clamps are like anything else, kind of you like them or you don't. Someone with very sensitive nipples may not be able to take the sensation, for example. With nipple clamps the real pain happens when you take them off and the blood rushes back in, that is what kicks you into endorphin overload IME:). But having them on there, having weights put on them, opened and closed, all have their special sensations).

I agree with others, I would get the adjustable ones, the tweezer ones are kind of dorky to me and clover clamps are more hard core...adustable ones make it easier to work up to things and such, too. Don't buy the cheap ones you find at most adult bookstores, get them from a reputable bd/sm house like Mr. S in SF or the like, or a good erotic store like Good Vibrations or Babes in Toyland.

A quick review of the magnetic ones.
A little fiddly to put on as your nipples have to be stretched and hard to go through the hoop. Once on the pressure is not uncomfortably hard, but constant. You can wear these for quite a while. After 5-10 mins my nipples started to become tingly and the pain was building. At 20 mins very noticeable with the constant pressure.
Conclusion
They are no substitute for clover clamps and don't deliver a hard pinch, but for a novice I would highly reccomend. They look good, and can be worn for considerable time before real pain kicks in. For hard core users, stick with the clover clamps.

Suckers

I was the same way until I first started using nipple suckers. They helped ease me into nipple play and made the nipple stand out more so that a clamp could clamp onto the nipple and not the areola.

I'm always surprised by the number of threads and general posts that mention nipple clamps when nipple suckers can be just as much fun.

I also really enjoy nipple suckers and nipple pinching - finding this thread interesting as I am looking to buy clamps

I have a set of clamps with a connecting chain, the actual clamps have a soft rubber sleeve & are adjustable so you can increase/decrease the amount of 'squeeze'. The chain is good because you can hang things from it to create a pulling sensation as well.

How about something more sharp, that pinches. You know the whole point of BDSM is PAIN and not fashion. I suggestion you get nipple clamps that hurt you! ;)

How about something more sharp, that pinches. You know the whole point of BDSM is PAIN and not fashion. I suggestion you get nipple clamps that hurt you! ;)

Actually, the whole point of S&M (sadism and masochism) is pain. The rest of BDSM incorporates a LOT of other stuff, including fashion, if that floats your boat. If someone doesn't get off on pain, why insist on painful clamps? Plus, if a PYL wants a pyl to look titillating for them, who are you to disagree with that?

Back