Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thin Man movies. I love Nick and Nora Charles--and of course--Asta.

Bogart in The Maltese Falcon.

Lauren Bacall in 'To Have and Have Not.'

'You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow."

Swoon!
 
Bogart and Bacall in Key Largo

Bogart and Bacall in pretty much anything... <sigh>

Cape Fear

The original, natch, although I have a soft spot for Scorcese's version... But Bob Mitchum always gives good psycho...

The novel it was based on, John D. MacDonald's 'The Executioners', is also worth a read. :)
 
OK, had to Google that one, Sam, but I'm up to speed now...

He is, apparently, a directly descendent of
Goethe...

And I guess Bertie is also someone who qualifies as a one-hit wonder, Steve. But back to Goethe ...

Faust
 
"The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" Alan Sillitoe short story

Tomato Courtenay

Played Colin in Sillitoe's film adaptation of the story. I must say, Neko, I'm surprised and impressed that you've read it - I wouldn't have thought he would cross the pond well, so to speak...

Incidentally, if you get a chance to see Courtenay's latest film, Quartet, then jump at it. It's masterful: funny, moving, well-written and exquisitely acted... :)
 
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

So many songs written about Saturday nights (all right for fighting apparently, according to Elton, while Cat Stevens sang about another Sat night) and Sunday mornings (usually spent coming down).

Wednesday lunchtime?
 
So many songs written about Saturday nights (all right for fighting apparently, according to Elton, while Cat Stevens sang about another Sat night) and Sunday mornings (usually spent coming down).

Wednesday lunchtime?

Monday, Monday...

Hey Michael, how's you? You back home now? And hopefully over your cough?
 
So many songs written about Saturday nights (all right for fighting apparently, according to Elton, while Cat Stevens sang about another Sat night) and Sunday mornings (usually spent coming down).

Wednesday lunchtime?

"Manic Monday"

by Prince (covered by The Bangles)

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made
 
Last edited:
Manic Monday

yeah Steve, cold gone! still coughing up the pollution on my lungs though. All this clean air - easy to take. Flooding is the big issue here, although I am high and dry. (umm you know what I mean lol)..

Friday On My Mind (Easybeats)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top