Justice League: The New Wave (IC)

...there was another voice in the back of his mind, impervious to the pain, impervious to the Hellfire, and it laughed and laughed and laughed to see such sport...

Meanwhile, as the chains drilled down towards Zatanna, she drew in a deep deep breath and let it out in a "CILEGNA MAERCS!"

The sonic flash of an Angel of The Eagle Host split the air...

...the links of the chains shattered to dust as they approached her, and certainly the sound of that cry would be anathema to The Rider's ears...

The Rider bellowed, and any shred that was Danni vanished as Xarathos took full control. A fireball ripping from it’s hands, then it threw balls so fast they might as well have been machine gun fire. “Abomination!!” and then words slipped from it’s lips that could not be spoken in any human throat. It’s chains reformed and slammed the ground, forcing concrete and the Earth itself to buckle and ripple.

"Hold on. Help is coming."

Bounding through the melee and the fray with all the strength afforded her as a woman adapted to ocean depths, Aquagirl landed on her knees next to the fallen Raven and hurriedly applied healing magics-- her hands glowing with blue-white light...

"C'mon, c'mon, hang in there, Cuerva..."

“I miss you,” Raven murmured. She didn’t mind dying. Kinda sucked because Trigon would make the fight going on seem like a school yard tussel. But she’d see HER again. And Raven would refuse to ‘go on’. “Don’t leave me.”

"Uh, can confirm, 100%, there's some kind of malignant mental force at work here!"

...but he also had The Speed of Mercury, just as Planet-Master had, and Captain Marvel darted to intercept those beams, catching them on his bare palm with one hand while pitching an orb of blue-white ball lightning at Wondergirl with the other...

Arm bands snapped together, a concussive blast that rang eardrums, and startled birds. Not to mention they merged together just as the ball lightening impacted their cross forms. But she didn’t block it, or throw it back, super-speed allowed her to wrap her hands around it as she flowed around it. And then she was behind it and letting go.

Her foot moved, planting itself as she faced Marvel. And presented her lips for a kiss. As a high pitched hypersonic whistled ripped forth.

"Sunnuvabitch!"

"SOMEONE CATCH ME!"

Looking up Wondergirl launched herself into an arch. Less of flight and more of a leap. Kinda like catching a fly ball at the stadium – if she ever goes. And if Rose doesn’t nail her to a seat. Catching the girl, Karan whispered. “No kissing, no hugs. My girlfriend gets jealous.” But she said it with a smile.

Larutanrepus erafraw.

“Please bitch,” Renegade smirked as she shook with bullet impacts. Dropping to her knee, she shook with pain, but stood back up as metal hit the ground. “I don’t have a devil or a Hell. Except listening to a bunch of whiney brats claim the high road, and try to kill me. And Raven. So, gonna murder any more people?”

Terra squinted.

"Just you."

And gestured sharply, summoning a diamond-sharp stalagmite straight up from the ground underneath Renegade, aiming to impale her...

...but before she could follow-up...

The Rider bellowed, and any shred that was Danni vanished as Xarathos took full control. A fireball ripping from it’s hands, then it threw balls so fast they might as well have been machine gun fire. “Abomination!!” and then words slipped from it’s lips that could not be spoken in any human throat. It’s chains reformed and slammed the ground, forcing concrete and the Earth itself to buckle and ripple.

...the ground went wild beneath Terra's feet, and she snarled-- "By the Mantle!"

She dropped to one knee, slapping her palms to the ground, gritting her teeth and exerting her powers to stabilize the ground again, countering the quakes unleashed by The Rider.

"Stupidhead," Zatanna murmured, smirking irreverently and referentially, and then called out with a rasp still in her strained voice-- "ITNEMAUGA SUTCNAS AMIXAM!" --unleashing a cannonblast stream of holy water to hose the hellfire out of the air...

Batman vs. Batman.

Batman-Black went to block the set of talons that were coming for his chest with the gauntlet of his own right arm. The one coming to his face he simply weaved his head out of the way. And followed up a body blow to his opponets side with his own left hand.

Batman Black was every bit the opponent that Tim remembered from early days dueling with Damien in Wayne Manor... batting away his blows like he almost couldn't be bothered...

...but Tim was a chessmaster, still thinking ahead move by move by move, Batman Red narrowly evading Batman Black's counterstrike...

...but as Black's swing brought him into even closer quarters with Red, committed to the lung, Batman Red ignited his suit's cutting laser, aiming to slash it along the length of that extended arm and cripple any servos or instrumentation within.

Don't fight dirty. Fight Grungy.

Braggock easily evaded the right by jerking his head aside. The left, he blocked and attempted to lock into an arm-bar, stepping inside with his right leg between Grunge's legs, in position to do a Judo hip throw. That was when he heard the lady falling from the air;

He was only distracted for an instant, but his thought lingered. In a field full of so called heroes, not one of them was going to protect the girl?

Grunge had no such sympathy, no such empathy, no such lament for the moral failures of post-modern heroes. He had no such distraction.

He was also short on finesse-- he had been flooded with aggression since the team had landed here, ready to pick a fight with any comers-- he'd been so eager to see fault in Sandman, to see enemies in every shadow-- and none of that had abated now.

Eschewing good tactics, an arm-bar reversal--

--he slammed his free elbow at the back and side of Braggock's head in the instant of Brag's distraction, sheer brute force.

Casting Call.

“I miss you,” Raven murmured. She didn’t mind dying. Kinda sucked because Trigon would make the fight going on seem like a school yard tussel. But she’d see HER again. And Raven would refuse to ‘go on’. “Don’t leave me.”

"I'm not going anywhere," Aquagirl promised, blood loss must be making Raven delirious, she wasn't making any sense! "I missed you too, stupid long months under the sea-- but I'm back, now, okay? I'm here. You don't go anywhere neither, you hear me?"

Hissing through her teeth, she bathed Raven with as much healing magic as she could muster, trying to remember every trick Queen Mera taught her, meridians and flow...

"If our friends are under some kinda control, we need you, Cuerva, we need you to do an exorcism or something!"

...all the while, in that hypnagogic place between waking and sleeping, between living and dying, that soft voice like lilies and myrrh murmured to Raven...

"I'm always with you, Raven. I'm not a one-sided coin. I'm there wherever there's death. But I'm there wherever there's life, too. I'm with you. I always will be."

"Remember. You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime. And yours... isn't over yet. Not yet. Your friends need you... and I'll be here when you're ready. Until the very end of time, and maybe after."

"For now. You have a job to do. You should do it."

...in The Waking World of Seattle Washington, Beryl "The Knight" Hutchinson recovered from getting starbolted, her breastplate still smouldering, and clambered to her feet...

...stalking up behind Aquagirl, who was practically deaf above water until she got used to hearing through air again, oblivious to the presence behind her, fully focused on pumping Raven full of repairing, restorative energies...

...and The Knight raised her sword, teeth gritted, danger flashing in her eyes behind the visor of her helmet, ready to behead the waterbender at a stroke.

Big Red Cheesed Off.

Arm bands snapped together, a concussive blast that rang eardrums, and startled birds. Not to mention they merged together just as the ball lightening impacted their cross forms. But she didn’t block it, or throw it back, super-speed allowed her to wrap her hands around it as she flowed around it. And then she was behind it and letting go.

Watching that in Speed of Mercury slow-mo, Captain Marvel couldn't help but, well, marvel at the sheer training and dexterity that deflection took... somewhere in his collective consciousness, he swore he could hear Achilles let out a low, impressed chuckle...

"Damn, girl-bro..."

...and then he slammed his own arms across his face, lightning crackling throughout his body, his skin, and the return-served ball lighting slammed into his thunderous aura and shattered and scattered and sparked, reintegrating with the lightning that coursed through him.

Her foot moved, planting itself as she faced Marvel. And presented her lips for a kiss. As a high pitched hypersonic whistled ripped forth.

Even with The Wisdom of Solomon, this bewildered Cap, and his face scrunched up in that confusion. ...did she just duckface at me?

As vast as his powers were, Cap had no supersensory abilities, save occasional clairvoyance and the ability to smell the presence of magic. He couldn't hear hypersound.

Looking up Wondergirl launched herself into an arch. Less of flight and more of a leap. Kinda like catching a fly ball at the stadium – if she ever goes. And if Rose doesn’t nail her to a seat. Catching the girl, Karan whispered. “No kissing, no hugs. My girlfriend gets jealous.” But she said it with a smile.

Relief sang through every nerve in Ruby Reed's body as Wondergirl swept in to bear her aloft at practically the last second. She always forgot how warm and comforting Kryptonians felt, kissed by the sun...

...was this what civilians felt like, what normal citizens of Metropolis felt like when Superman would swoop down and save them?

She winked at Karan. "No promises, love. But ta all the same."

Then Ruby shot a look at her Dial in her hand-- timed out again. Shit.

Captain Marvel bunched his legs ever so slightly, ready to launch after Karan, to keep on her, to keep her on the ropes--

--but that's when Martian Manhuntress remembered again that she could turn invisible, and disappeared from Solstice's view.

Deprived of her target, the kayoed, puppeted Solstice grunted to herself, and turned to the fallen Starfire, bathing her with sunlight and recharging her the same way she'd given Wondergirl a quick healing-boost via a ricochet.

No longer pinned down by storming light beams, Rose was free to go on the offensive--

--and she burst back into visibility before Captain Marvel, her eyes flashing--

--twin tightly-focused beams of pure telekinetic force sprang from her pupils, slamming into Marvel's face and driving him staggering back, the same attack she'd used to help rock Val-Zod that first night in Metropolis--

--a move not of jealousy, but of righteous indignation and desperation--

"YOU KEEP YOUR DAMN MEAT-HOOKS OFF MY GIRL!"

...and The Knight raised her sword, teeth gritted, danger flashing in her eyes behind the visor of her helmet, ready to behead the waterbender at a stroke.

No current counter-measures available. I suggest Speed Boosting in that direction. A video feed appeared on GRIDs HUD showing Aquagirl, Raven and Knight getting ready to impale the atlantean.

"Good call." The armor sparked and glowed with energy as GRID dashed at Flash speed, body-checking Knight out of the way. "You ladies look like you could use some back-up."

Batman Black was every bit the opponent that Tim remembered from early days dueling with Damien in Wayne Manor... batting away his blows like he almost couldn't be bothered...

...but Tim was a chessmaster, still thinking ahead move by move by move, Batman Red narrowly evading Batman Black's counterstrike...

...but as Black's swing brought him into even closer quarters with Red, committed to the lung, Batman Red ignited his suit's cutting laser, aiming to slash it along the length of that extended arm and cripple any servos or instrumentation within.

Damian was impressed that Drake had been able to draw him into that little trap. He had obviously made some upgrades to his suit that weren't in the cave's database. But then again his own suit was totally unknown, and as such so was the thruster stableizer in the palm of the gauntlet. He opened his hand and activated it using the thruster as a force blast, since he was already so close RED shouldn't be able to dodge, and it should force that laser to redirect to some where else. And if the angle the computer was telling him was correct it wouldn't be him or anyone else.

War Machines.

Damian was impressed that Drake had been able to draw him into that little trap. He had obviously made some upgrades to his suit that weren't in the cave's database. But then again his own suit was totally unknown, and as such so was the thruster stableizer in the palm of the gauntlet. He opened his hand and activated it using the thruster as a force blast, since he was already so close RED shouldn't be able to dodge, and it should force that laser to redirect to some where else. And if the angle the computer was telling him was correct it wouldn't be him or anyone else.

The "repulsor blast" hit Batman Red right in the chest logo, the laser flashed harmlessly over the heads of both their teammates, and Batman Red blew back with a grunt of surprise.

The force and heat of the shot had mostly been diffused by the skin of Batman Red's suit-- thermocouple systems and neuromuscular augmentations-- but it still hurt!

Nevertheless, he slapped one of his clawed hands to the ground, slowing his knockback by scraping his claws through the paving stones...

...and then he leaped at Batman Black directly, aiming to kick him in the chest with both feet, but firing his boot-jets at the last second to weaponize his own flight systems.

Pick your Battles.

No current counter-measures available. I suggest Speed Boosting in that direction. A video feed appeared on GRIDs HUD showing Aquagirl, Raven and Knight getting ready to impale the atlantean.

"Good call." The armor sparked and glowed with energy as GRID dashed at Flash speed, body-checking Knight out of the way. "You ladies look like you could use some back-up."

Knight reacted impressively, reflexively-- barely managing to snap her arm-shield open in time and take most of the impact of that charge-- but she still bounced off of him like a snooker ball, crying out as she hurtled away-- again!

"Gracias otra vez," Aquagirl blinked, startled, glancing around to find G.R.I.D. having gotten her back once more and taken out a foe she didn't know she had.

And then Starfire, recharged by Solstice, blazed up from the ground and swooped down for the three of them with starbolts blazing from her hands and eyes... "HAHHHHHH!"

Meanwhile, Aztek grunted at G.R.I.D.'s sudden departure-- "Hh." --G.R.I.D.'s armor, weapons, and sensory capabilities were the most likely even match for Aztek in The New League's roster, ditching him was a surprising tactic.

Nevertheless, he kept on Green Arrow, following up his energy-blast at the archer by popping a blade from his armor's wrist and lunging for Hawke's bow, hoping to slash it in half and disarm him.

"You have a very distinctive archery style!" he commented, with perhaps surprising geniality; Aztek had always been respectful of his opponents. "You and I should talk monasteries some time!"

Last edited:
The "repulsor blast" hit Batman Red right in the chest logo, the laser flashed harmlessly over the heads of both their teammates, and Batman Red blew back with a grunt of surprise.

The force and heat of the shot had mostly been diffused by the skin of Batman Red's suit-- thermocouple systems and neuromuscular augmentations-- but it still hurt!

Nevertheless, he slapped one of his clawed hands to the ground, slowing his knockback by scraping his claws through the paving stones...

...and then he leaped at Batman Black directly, aiming to kick him in the chest with both feet, but firing his boot-jets at the last second to weaponize his own flight systems.

Batman Black was watching through the HUD set up on the lenses of the cowl. He had seen the video footage of the boot-jets, but he wasn't expecting RED to use them as a weapon. He was already jumping away using the enhanced neumatic within his legs to get away, but when he saw the jet fired it pushed him back knocking off his trajectory. But he recovered nearly instantly and turned it into a back flip. "This is ridiculous, we have have bigger things to deal with and shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves." he told RED trying to talk some sense into the older man.

Batman Black was watching through the HUD set up on the lenses of the cowl. He had seen the video footage of the boot-jets, but he wasn't expecting RED to use them as a weapon. He was already jumping away using the enhanced neumatic within his legs to get away, but when he saw the jet fired it pushed him back knocking off his trajectory. But he recovered nearly instantly and turned it into a back flip. "This is ridiculous, we have have bigger things to deal with and shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves." he told RED trying to talk some sense into the older man.

"Classic deflection when someone calls you on your shit," Batman Red retorted, oddly sounding more like something Jason would say than the Tim that Damien knew. "Just like dear old dad."

And with that, he snapped out a spread of batarangs in each hand, hurling them at Batman Black all at once... vibro-'rangs, intended to turn his suit's metal housing into a resonating bell, deafening Damien and shaking components loose...

Meanwhile, Aztek grunted at G.R.I.D.'s sudden departure-- "Hh." --G.R.I.D.'s armor, weapons, and sensory capabilities were the most likely even match for Aztek in The New League's roster, ditching him was a surprising tactic.

Nevertheless, he kept on Green Arrow, following up his energy-blast at the archer by popping a blade from his armor's wrist and lunging for Hawke's bow, hoping to slash it in half and disarm him.

"You have a very distinctive archery style!" he commented, with perhaps surprising geniality; Aztek had always been respectful of his opponents. "You and I should talk monasteries some time!"

Green Arrow smiled as he dodged and weaved away from the armored warrior. He was good, in fact he was damn good. Yet he was not quite as good as the head monk. Placing his bow on his back, he pulled two small fighting sticks made out of the same alloy as his nets from under his quiver and squared up to the man.

"It would be my pleasure, although you really do need to fix those gaps in your defense," he told him.

Smiling he moved in, easily flowing into the patterns of the man's fighting style the more they fought. It was a trick of his and one he and the head Monk had trained vigorously. The more he saw of a person's fighting style, the more he was able to copy it and make it his own. Slowly he began to land more and more blows on Aztec smiling all the time.

Silver Bullet was still a rookie, relatively speaking. But he had taken to The Speed Force like a duck to water-- like a prodigy. The fact that he had already instinctively developed the ability to form a suit out of The Speed Force was an indicator that he had massive promise.

When Carin came at him in full vibration trying to take out his leg-tendons-- an injury that would take him out for hours at the very least --rather than letting her pass through him he wheeled aside like a matador, braking hard before he could whip around and go back after her.

Here was where teamwork would have come in handy.

Velocity placed Batman Red's batarang behind him to fly at him and hit him-- but Rebel threw Batman Red high into the air before he could react-- so the batarang just continued to slice towards Batman (Blue?)-- albeit with further to travel and more time for the newer Batman to counter.

Batman Red himself, meanwhile, high in the air-- hit the control to retract his cape, sprout wing-fins from under his arms, and fire the jets in his boots, flying back down into the fray-- peppering Batman with a hail of bladed dart-sized Bat-shuriken.

Silver Bullet, meanwhile, decided to intervene in Velocity's shenanigans. "Shot in the back? Not cool, bro." He grabbed Red Arrow's bullet before it drilled Roy in the shoulder, and moved it again-- right in front of Green Arrow.

Though, to Hiro's credit, he made sure to line the bullet up with Connor's bowstring rather than his body, aiming to snap the line and keep Connor from firing back at Roy anytime quickly.

Wally did not like being ignored, and he gritted his teeth as he kept after Velocity like a Kid possessed. (Which, of course, might not be so far from the truth?)

When Carin rounded about to come back at Wally, Kid Flash made like he was going to meet her head-on...

...and then slammed his fist straight downward in a short-range version of the supersonic punch that Silver Bullet had practically made a signature move...

...punching the pavement with enough force to pop Velocity up into the air, hopefully taking her off-balance to be smacked down...

As Velocity ran straight at Kid flash she was ready for most things, except for what he did. His punch to the pavement was unexpected and for a split second she was thrown into the air. and if he had done this just a month earlier she would have been taken completely by surprise and have had no idea what to do.

However that had been before her fight on the bridge with the other speedster who had tried to take her life with the exact same move, only she had been more intense. Carin had learned from that and had trained herself so she could handle herself in these conditions.

It took her a moment but she found the vibrational frequency that Kid Flash had set up, matched it, and she rode the sound waves instead of the pavement.

She hardly slowed while he had done so to deliver his blow, and she ran at him, vibrating her hand to deliver a blow to his jaw to knock the speedster out and leave her with only one opponent.

Garfield senses the counter attack, he shifts into a cheetah and accelerates from
his landing spot, but his path takes him away from
Teen Lantern, towards her left side. The green lightning
barely missing him, but still manage to singe a few hairs on his green hued tail. As Garfield
reaches a point almost horizontal to Jessica, he
shifts into a leopard and pounce towards her,
claws extended and going faster than any leopard
have ever pounced on prey.

The foregone conclusion would be him mauling her, but just before impact, the leopard disappears and a silverback gorilla grabs hold of Jessica's left arm, using his momentum and considerable strength he whips her towards Atom.

"STOP ATTACKING ME!!!"

The gorilla paused, puzzlement on his face, "I can talk??"

"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you."

Green Arrow smiled as he dodged and weaved away from the armored warrior. He was good, in fact he was damn good. Yet he was not quite as good as the head monk. Placing his bow on his back, he pulled two small fighting sticks made out of the same alloy as his nets from under his quiver and squared up to the man.

"It would be my pleasure, although you really do need to fix those gaps in your defense," he told him.

Aztek arched his eyebrows under his helmet and, in response, popped out the triangular blade-spike from the other wrist as well.

"Admittedly," Aztek nodded, "my classical training was lacking in 'real world' context."

Smiling he moved in, easily flowing into the patterns of the man's fighting style the more they fought. It was a trick of his and one he and the head Monk had trained vigorously. The more he saw of a person's fighting style, the more he was able to copy it and make it his own. Slowly he began to land more and more blows on Aztec smiling all the time.

For all the world, two masters chivalrously bantering as they exchanged incredibly efficient blows, thrusts, parries, metal sparking off of metal-- it resembled the clifftop duel from "Princess Bride." Sadly for Aztek, he would have absolutely no cultural frame of reference for this endlessly-quotable cinematic classic, but that didn't stop him from playing his role to a tee in the clash between "The Dread Pirate" Connor and Uno "Montoya."

Connor Hawke was a fighter of superlative skill-- and the more he fought, the more people he fought, the better he got. He had the potential to be one of the greatest martial artists on the planet.

But not only had Aztek been trained practically from birth by the mysterious Q Foundation to face off against some great and terrible prophesied darkness, he also had access to the collective memories and experiences of all of the men and women before him who had worn the techno-occult helmet that made him a superhero-- he was The Ultimate Man. The fact that Uno could even halfway keep up with Connor was a testament to that.

But yes, Connor was better and getting better.

Fortunately, Aztek could hedge the difference by upping his density to make him more resilient, stronger, better able to take a hit-- but getting whacked by depleted promethium still hurt like blazes. Not as bad as getting your face slammed repeatedly against a series of buildings by an old-model Amazo running with the speed of The Flash, but still not a great feeling.

Nevertheless, Aztek had time during the rapid-fire exchange of blows to weigh his options, formulate a new plan.

And to spring that plan into action.

Darting back out of the reach of Green Arrow's depleted promethium Escrima sticks, Aztek engaged the flight option of his suit-- it looked like a feathered cape spread from his arms and connected to his lower body like a gliding wingsuit-- and he swooped straight back and up from Arrow. As he swooped back, he aimed both arms at Connor and fired wired nets of his own, attempting to snag and entangle Green Arrow.

JLApe.

Garfield senses the counter attack, he shifts into a cheetah and accelerates from
his landing spot, but his path takes him away from
Teen Lantern, towards her left side. The green lightning
barely missing him, but still manage to singe a few hairs on his green hued tail. As Garfield
reaches a point almost horizontal to Jessica, he
shifts into a leopard and pounce towards her,
claws extended and going faster than any leopard
have ever pounced on prey.

Like Beryl, Teen Lantern had been trained by The Titans, and endlessly drilled in defensive maneuvers at the drop of a hat. Just as The Knight had been able to trigger her shield in time to partially block the impact of an armored foe running at near-Flash speeds, so too was Jessica Cruz able with a flinch of Pavlovian instinct to throw up a force-aura around herself...

The foregone conclusion would be him mauling her, but just before impact, the leopard disappears and a silverback gorilla grabs hold of Jessica's left arm, using his momentum and considerable strength he whips her towards Atom.

...she would not have been able to prevent the cheetah from sinking its teeth in partway, but she had enough of the field up that she was protected from the strength of the gorilla's grip, from the whiplash of his throw...

...and from how hard she had to use her flight to brake levitating in mid-air before she collided with her teammate as he fought Wildcat.

"STOP ATTACKING ME!!!"

The gorilla paused, puzzlement on his face, "I can talk??"

"You can shut up!" Jessica snapped--

--not bothering to suggest that her Ring could translate almost any speech, including that of nonhuman sentients, maybe that was why--

--and threw her hand back to fling a weapon at him.

Considering that the majority of her construct training had been done with Aquaman, it was perhaps unsurprising that the gleaming green sharp thing that formed in her grip was a perfect verdant replica of The Champion's Trident.

And she flung it with a battlecry of effort. "...AHHH!"

Flashback.

As Velocity ran straight at Kid flash she was ready for most things, except for what he did. His punch to the pavement was unexpected and for a split second she was thrown into the air. and if he had done this just a month earlier she would have been taken completely by surprise and have had no idea what to do.

However that had been before her fight on the bridge with the other speedster who had tried to take her life with the exact same move, only she had been more intense. Carin had learned from that and had trained herself so she could handle herself in these conditions.

It took her a moment but she found the vibrational frequency that Kid Flash had set up, matched it, and she rode the sound waves instead of the pavement.

Carin was an immensely talented autodidact. And she had had the benefit of being able to study footage and files of Bartholomew Henry Allen from his entire career.

But Wally West had spent his entire career training with The Flash directly-- and there were tips and tricks Barry'd told his young ally that might not have translated to the narrative from which Carin had gleaned knowledge.

Barry had constantly been spouting those tidbits. He called them "Flash Facts."

STARLabs Central City.
Fourteen Years Ago.

********​

"Flash Fact: vibrations are the key, Wally," Barry pointed out excitedly, as they stood in the main pipeline of the STARLabs particle accelerator, holding up his hand in front of his face and letting it hum into a blur too fast for even Kid Flash to follow.

Kid Flash stared at him like he'd just said blue tasted like up. "The key to... what?"

"Everything," Barry promised. "You've seen me use vibrations to increase the impacts of my punches, to karate chop through guns like they were pudding, to pass through walls... but these are just hints, just the beginning of the beginning of what's possible."

"Some theoretical physicists believe that some of the fundamental forces of our universe are the result of higher-dimensional forces' merely vibrating down to our plane of existence. Gravity, the nuclear forces... could just be ripples down into our shallow end of the pool from movements and shakings we can't even conceive of because we don't have numbers to describe them yet, though we might someday because of particle accelerators just like this one."

"I'm with you so far, I guess," Wally nodded avidly, though he was nowhere near the scientist that his mentor was. He was more of a run-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of speedster, though he'd had, ahaha, flashes of scientific inspiration from time to time-- like that time he'd fought a bunch of Rogues with that guy Ruby had Dialed, The Conductor.

"A theory since the 1960's suggests that subatomic particles only have mass because of a particle called The Higgs Boson," Barry attempted to elucidate. "But what if you could vibrate to the frequency of the hyperstring quanta that create the effect of The Higgs Boson in our frame of reference, effectively tuning out The Higgs Boson?"

Wally stared at him. "Um."

"A world without mass," Barry grinned.

"That's how you vibrate through solid objects!" Wally sputtered.

"Maybe, yeah!" Barry exulted. "But think of what other forces you could attune to, what other forces you could defy! By vibrating at the correct frequency, you could transplant yourself in time! You could-- you could even travel to parallel universes. I mean, hypothetically-- the only thing that separates one parallel universe from another is its own molecular vibrational frequency and if you found that frequency..."

Wally was holding his head in his hands, his eyes bulging. "I think my brain is melting. Parallel universes? Is that even a real thing?"

"We've never found one, but the theory is sound," Barry nodded, then smirked. "What's really going to bake your noodle later is what a perpendicular universe would be like."

"Baaaah," Wally grunted. "How is this going to help me fight bad guys?"

Barry clapped him on the shoulder. "Easy, Wally. That's enough Brief History of Time for one session. I know you prefer the practical stuff, I just wanted to open your mind to the possibilities."

"If by 'open,'" Wally grimaced, "you mean 'blow.'"

Barry chuckled. "Okay. Now. You know how I mentioned earlier that you can use vibrations to enhance the force of your punches? Well it turns out the opposite is also true."

He held up his palm, vibrated it, and jammed his other fist into that palm...

...where some sort of loud clap should have resounded in that space, there was barely a whisper of a dull thud.

"If you attune your own vibrations correctly, you can cushion the impact of others' punches. As a speedster, your body does this naturally to an extent, and you've already learned how to do this while you run so that you don't shatter every pane of glass you dash past. But if you employ it defensively, you could take punches from Gorilla Grodd, or walk away from getting hit by a bus... or falling off of a building..."

Now this was something Wally could get behind. He grinned. "Flash Fact?"

Barry slugged him in the shoulder, beaming proudly. "Flash Fact."

Seattle.
Now.

********​

She hardly slowed while he had done so to deliver his blow, and she ran at him, vibrating her hand to deliver a blow to his jaw to knock the speedster out and leave her with only one opponent.

The very split instant before Carin's fist intersected with Wally's jaw, his whole body hummed with interalized fury, tuning and retuning and harmonizing--

BOOM!

--the impact knocked him ass over teakettle, he barely got his feet under him as he skidded back--

--he wobbled--

--his ears were ringing--

--but he stayed conscious.

"Flash Fact," he murmured, through bleeding lips.

And then Silver Bullet launched at the back of Velocity's head in a flying "FALCON KIIIIIICK!"

Last edited:
Danni Ketch

"Stupidhead," Zatanna murmured, smirking irreverently and referentially, and then called out with a rasp still in her strained voice-- "ITNEMAUGA SUTCNAS AMIXAM!" --unleashing a cannonblast stream of holy water to hose the hellfire out of the air...

And the Rider was suddenly Gone, replaced by Danni Ketch. A human being. Unaffected by the blast of water that doused her. Soaking her to the bone, and making her shirt stick to her chest. Rolling her neck she ran forwards, and aimed a fist a Zatanna’s mouth.

Wondergirl

"YOU KEEP YOUR DAMN MEAT-HOOKS OFF MY GIRL!"

Kara didn’t like fighting heroes. Didn’t like it at all. Especially men. They were ‘fragile’. But desperate times equals desperate measures. So she did what she felt was needed. Standing in one place she built up seed, Much like a muscle car with the brakes on. And with Rose screaming in his face, Karan let loose those brakes and darted forwards, Dropping low to the ground as she flew forwards at speeds in excessive of Mach 4.

And from the videos she watched on Youtube, when males had certain parts of their bodies tapped they screamed. So she airmed a right cross – straight in what she heard referred to as the ‘family jewels’. Why they were called that, she didn’t know, or care.

If only Rose distracted him long enough, for the punch to land.

...all the while, in that hypnagogic place between waking and sleeping, between living and dying, that soft voice like lilies and myrrh murmured to Raven...

"I'm always with you, Raven. I'm not a one-sided coin. I'm there wherever there's death. But I'm there wherever there's life, too. I'm with you. I always will be."

"Remember. You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime. And yours... isn't over yet. Not yet. Your friends need you... and I'll be here when you're ready. Until the very end of time, and maybe after."

"For now. You have a job to do. You should do it."

And Raven’s eyes opened. All Four of them. “Sleep,” she commanded her gaze sweeping across the Titans – East Coast and West Coast. “Silence.” The bad thing about Raven is Emotion powered her Powers. Strengthened them beyond control sometimes. And right now she had enough pain in her heart to slay a world.

Fingers twitched and she cast a dark orb if sticky black webbing to cover and fill Zatanna’s mouth that talked to much. A second orb wrapped around Danni and moved her from the region of Zatanna's hands and potentially lethal claws.. err.. fingernails

“SLEEP!” She commanded as Dark orbs flew from her hands. Each one targeting a different Titans. Each one seeking to home in on a head and encourage mental silence. And sleep. Deep restful thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You can shut up!" Jessica snapped--

--not bothering to suggest that her Ring could translate almost any speech, including that of nonhuman sentients, maybe that was why--

--and threw her hand back to fling a weapon at him.

Considering that the majority of her construct training had been done with Aquaman, it was perhaps unsurprising that the gleaming green sharp thing that formed in her grip was a perfect verdant replica of The Champion's Trident.

And she flung it with a battlecry of effort. "...AHHH!"

Garfield was confused, oh sure he spoke as a snake, but it came out mostly a hiss, this was actual words. He looked up in time to see a green trident speeding towards him.

Aquaman?

No, Aquagirl, but why would she attack him?

Oh wait, grren not blue

Garfield twisted away, but not enough, the construct sunk into the fleshy part of his bicep. Not disabling or killing him as the obvious intention was at first. Garfield pulls the construct from his arm and stare at Teen Lantern in horror.

"You would kill me to stop the guy who didn't want to fight?"

He shimmered into human form, clutching his bleeding arm

"What a fine Green Lantern you'll make."

And then Garfield shimmered, leaving an Allosaurus in his place, with a grumble of anger, the huge dinosaur looked at Teen Lantern

"Classic deflection when someone calls you on your shit," Batman Red retorted, oddly sounding more like something Jason would say than the Tim that Damien knew. "Just like dear old dad."

And with that, he snapped out a spread of batarangs in each hand, hurling them at Batman Black all at once... vibro-'rangs, intended to turn his suit's metal housing into a resonating bell, deafening Damien and shaking components loose...

Batman black smiled, his suit was designed to protect him against such attacks. He raised his arm and fired some batarangs of his own to intercept those that RED had fired. He had his suit scan Red in order to see if there was any signs of artifical control of the Titans. Something that he and the League could take out.

Back