Any hardcore Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire fans?

I'm looking forward to Arya's future adventures as well.

Meanwhile, for the economics geeks, an opposing view of the wealth of House Tyrell and House Lannister.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox..._the_king_owing_you_money_spells_trouble.html

Tyrell always strikes me as the new Lannister, I think it is one of the subconscious thoughts that drives Cersei to hate them so much. Cersei is the old guard even the queen if thorns holds more real power than she does. Money buys a lot in Westeros maybe even the odd dragon and a Targaryen looking for revenge.

Enjoyed the article. Thank you for posting it. Like I said, I'm a late comer to GOT so I have a lot of catching up to do.

So has Littlefinger been dealing in derivatives...insuring his losses, slicing up his debts and repackaging them with AAA or triple dragon ratings?;)

Little finger is the Lehman brothers of Westeros except, you know, a little more clever and successful.

I can see the final hanging on where the Tyrells and little finger put their money.

Spoilers yo, don't read this post if you haven't read all the books.

Random theory: I have wondered since the beginning if Jon Snow is indeed Ned's son. Strikes me he could be one of Robert Baratheon's. I don't know why he'd rate protection more than any of Robert's other kids, but still. I wonder.

Anyone else? When I mentioned this to a friend who also watches last night, she'd never thought of it. I thought of it right off. Maybe I'm just naturally suspicious.

Although is hasn't been confirmed, Jon is pretty clearly the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen based on a great deal of evidence.

Euron Crows eye if I remember rightly, but probably not!!!

Victarion is the one who does that, and is a POV character. Crow's Eye is not.

I HATED feast for crows. Probably as much as I can hate a book that I love. None of the interesting characters were in it. No Arya, No Danaerys... No Tyrion... You're right, the whole thing just felt like filler. The most interesting stuff was with Jaime and Brienne.

Arya actually DID appear as a POV character in Feast for Crows, albeit for only four chapters. In Feast, she goes to Braavos, learns some stuff from the Braavos assasins, kills the Night's Watch singer guy, and then goes blind. She's the only character to be a POV character in all five books.

Arya actually DID appear as a POV character in Feast for Crows, albeit for only four chapters. In Feast, she goes to Braavos, learns some stuff from the Braavos assasins, kills the Night's Watch singer guy, and then goes blind. She's the only character to be a POV character in all five books.

:eek:

It's been a while.

Now I remember the Arya chapters being my favorite thing ever. I would scan the pages ahead for one of them.

That's pretty freakin sweet that she's in all five. Maybe I can hold some hope that ARYA will end up on the iron throne, with an army of wolves!

:eek:

It's been a while.

Now I remember the Arya chapters being my favorite thing ever. I would scan the pages ahead for one of them.

That's pretty freakin sweet that she's in all five. Maybe I can hold some hope that ARYA will end up on the iron throne, with an army of wolves!

For a while I held out a bit of hope that Arya and Gendry would sit the throne but now that she is training as an assassin I think that will be her calling she won't be able to do anything else or at least the brotherhood will not allow it.

The throne will go to someone so left field we won't see it coming until it is too late knowing GRRM

For a while I held out a bit of hope that Arya and Gendry would sit the throne but now that she is training as an assassin I think that will be her calling she won't be able to do anything else or at least the brotherhood will not allow it.

The throne will go to someone so left field we won't see it coming until it is too late knowing GRRM

I don't mind it out of left field, but if that's the case, I hope it's someone who makes logical sense (within the books).

Enjoyed the article. Thank you for posting it. Like I said, I'm a late comer to GOT so I have a lot of catching up to do.

So has Littlefinger been dealing in derivatives...insuring his losses, slicing up his debts and repackaging them with AAA or triple dragon ratings?;)

Stop it, you are getting me all hot

I don't mind it out of left field, but if that's the case, I hope it's someone who makes logical sense (within the books).

Martin seems to have a very cynical view of anyone in power. The well-intentioned are naive and lose, and the power-hungry are either untrustworthy or insane. Even the best leaders have significant weaknesses that lead to revolts, defeats, or deaths (Dany, Ned, Robb, Jon, Tyrion, Tywin, Mance, etc.) Narratively, Dany's prominent role doesn't make sense if she doesn't rule Westeros, but it's implied she can't have any children, which opens up the succession issue. My guess has always been that Dany and Jon end up ruling (Tyrion as Hand) with the Starks named heirs. That's probably too tidy for Martin, however.

Martin seems to have a very cynical view of anyone in power. The well-intentioned are naive and lose, and the power-hungry are either untrustworthy or insane. Even the best leaders have significant weaknesses that lead to revolts, defeats, or deaths (Dany, Ned, Robb, Jon, Tyrion, Tywin, Mance, etc.) Narratively, Dany's prominent role doesn't make sense if she doesn't rule Westeros, but it's implied she can't have any children, which opens up the succession issue. My guess has always been that Dany and Jon end up ruling (Tyrion as Hand) with the Starks named heirs. That's probably too tidy for Martin, however.

I think something crazy is going to happen.

I'm still allowed to cheer for Gendry!

We seem to have left the White Walkers behind. :)

Çould be they stream south of The Wall and then all of our feuding kings and queens will need to unite for a while.

Or perhaps the White Walkers win and there is little left to rule in Westeros.

We seem to have left the White Walkers behind. :)

Çould be they stream south of The Wall and then all of our feuding kings and queens will need to unite for a while.

Or perhaps the White Walkers win and there is little left to rule in Westeros.

The unsullied will swell the ranks of the crows. :)

One area which we have not mentioned and could be the left field punch GRRM has building up is the faith Militant. Reinstated by Verse I they are a force to be reckoned with. On one hand you have the warrior's sons and the poor fellows on the other the High sept on who better to pull the ragged war weary people of westeros into battle?

They are already powerful enough to chain up Cersei with no worry of retribution. A powerful High septon to rule of Westeros...why not!

Cool episode last night, eh? And how do you say that in Old Valyrian?

I meant to post these before, but Slate.com and the AV Club run recaps and analyses of the episodes, usually the next day and then in the case of Slate, they run a follow-up article a day or two later. The AV Club also has "newbie" and "expert" versions of GoT recaps.

Slate GoT TV Club: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...oses_jon_snow_is_undercover_and_daenerys.html

AV Club GoT for Newbies: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/game-of-thrones-newbies,176/

AV Club GoT for Experts: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/game-of-thrones-experts,175/

Both sites also have stuff on The Walking Dead, Dr Who and other shows.

I still can't believe they cut off his hand...

And last night's episode ended just about the same way I thought it would (I haven't read the books, I just watch the show).

Cool episode last night, eh? And how do you say that in Old Valyrian?

I meant to post these before, but Slate.com and the AV Club run recaps and analyses of the episodes, usually the next day and then in the case of Slate, they run a follow-up article a day or two later. The AV Club also has "newbie" and "expert" versions of GoT recaps.

Slate GoT TV Club: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...oses_jon_snow_is_undercover_and_daenerys.html

AV Club GoT for Newbies: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/game-of-thrones-newbies,176/

AV Club GoT for Experts: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/game-of-thrones-experts,175/

Both sites also have stuff on The Walking Dead, Dr Who and other shows.

Trying to steer clear of mostly anything about season three until its finished and I can blast out a whole week watching it...I like to torture myself that way :D

I still can't believe they cut off his hand...

And last night's episode ended just about the same way I thought it would (I haven't read the books, I just watch the show).

I have a few friends like you who have not or refuse to read the books, love their reactions to the show hurts when you know what's coming and they haven't got a clue...as a good friend I never say a word which can be tough sometimes.

I have a few friends like you who have not or refuse to read the books, love their reactions to the show hurts when you know what's coming and they haven't got a clue...as a good friend I never say a word which can be tough sometimes.

The wife hasn't read the books so it's a trip to watch her freak out when stuff goes down. She practically begged me to tell her that Dany wasn't actually giving up a dragon, but I made her watch, because I remembered how tense and eventually badass that scene was in the book. I can definitely relate.

The wife hasn't read the books so it's a trip to watch her freak out when stuff goes down. She practically begged me to tell her that Dany wasn't actually giving up a dragon, but I made her watch, because I remembered how tense and eventually badass that scene was in the book. I can definitely relate.

My wife still hasn't forgiven me for not telling her about Ned dying. I spent that episode watching her not the TV only wish I recorded the look on her face and the drawn out "Nnnnnooooo".

I think that's the only area that makes the books more valuable than the show. The level of insight you get on the world and the cultures and stuff is astounding. I had to explain to some people that their summers and winters can last for years, because eventually you sorta pick up on that in the show, but its an easy thing to miss.

It's also sorta hard to explain how everything ties together, like how the Targaryens and the Baratheons and Starks are linked in the history before the events of the first episode. When Jamie lost his hand, it made it pretty clear how useless he felt afterwards, that he's nothing but a name without his sword hand.

If anyone is interested, the show actually follows the book pretty closely, with only minor deviations here and there, so its definitely worth the read. I would hear someone say a line in the show that I flipped out over because I remembered them saying the exact thing in the book. But maybe that's because I'm a nerd.

Finally got to see it all the way through. I was fangirling through the last ten minutes.

Love you Danaerys!

Back