Team of Misfits

"Sure I could go one of those right now, but I have to warn you," and Ron got all shifty eyed and looked around before leaning in close and whispering, "I don't really like coke, I'm more of a Lemon squash sort of guy. There I said it. You know my secret shame," he said grinning.

Chuckling he bowed and gestured towards the doors. "After you my lady. To the food court we go and then shopping for clothes. I have never met a lady that can resist the lure of fashion, especially when we have a card that lets us spend as much as we want," he laughed.

They had no trouble finding the food court, they just followed their noses. Even this early the smell of the variety of foods was tantalizing. On the way they found a few shops Roni was interested in checking out and one Ron thought could be worth a look. After grabbing their food and chowing down they spent a little time small talking and then hit the stores.
 
Last edited:
Portal had made her way back to the ladder, descended the stairs and left Bow to his own devices. Had she known he wouldn't sleep during the night she might have decided to leave him alone during the morning, but alas she felt somewhat comforted in his silent darkness. She felt more at home in his dark little attic where the smell of mold and water damage was prominent. Pushing open the wardrobe door, she stepped out looking tired. Little would anyone know as she walked down the hallway wearing fresh black jeans and a tight fitting green t-shirt, her hair left out to whisper across her shoulders, that she hadn't slept much at all either. Whilst the house rested, or was busy in throws of passion, she had traveled 'home' and gathered enough of her essential belongings. Whilst she would miss her 'stuff' immensely she couldn't trust this Organization with the location of her safe house. So from now on she would never return as long as she was outfitted with those pesky transmitters Jenkins had spoke about.

Finding a bed near to Roni's, she had unpacked three sets of clothing, and placed a small toiletries bag under the bed with a suitcase that was locked. The smell of pancakes had been subtle up until she opened the bedroom door. But as she entered the kitchen, now practically empty, she watched Kayne scoff down her breakfast in an unceremonious manner.

"Morning," she announced, not indicating if it was a good one, and not hoping to initiate conversation.

She helped herself to a plate of pancakes, poured a cup of coffee even though she didn't drink it before walking out. If she made no attempt at contact perhaps she would escape for a short while longer from Kayne's wrath.

The rope to the attic was rather hard to reach balancing breakfast but she managed well enough, pulling the ladder down she disappeared up with with speed. Letting it close behind her.

The room was dark, even with the filtering light from the windows at each end.
 
Bow turned to the trapdoor as it opened, from the light tread on it, he decided it had to be Portal...and he was right. He stepped from the dark shadow where he had been standing,

"Well it seems like you enjoy my room much more than the rest."

His remark was as silent as his movements,

"I do hope you slept better than Ron the urban warrior."

He came to a halt at the airvent and pointed out to the basically crushed car sitting outside,

"He slept there, from what I heard earlier the leading lady and her pale friend had found something in common, that must have kept Ron out of his room."

He scanned the surroundings, waiting patiently for the return of Ron and Roni, Ron seemed to know that Bow watched them as they left, he always gave Bow one of those small waves...Bow shrugged and turned his attention to watching even as Portal moved about.
 
"Ron?" she asked, the click of the ladder closing behind her as she headed further into his room. Whilst it should have felt odd being in a guys bedroom, for some reason this just felt like an attic. After glancing around and seeing no attempt to make it anything but that, she felt justified in her comfort. However, it was how well he melded into the shadows in his dark attire that surprised her. She had expected him to be sleeping, or at the very least not standing guard.

"Oh, I didn't see him after heading to bed last night, I'm not the most observant of sleepers..." she chuckled. She placed the pancakes and coffee on a box that sat against one of the slanted walls.

Siding up to Bow, she looked out through the window, the horizontal bands of light showing the pale blue eyes that gazed out critically. The color was icy blue, and had spattering of sapphire throughout, and black rings surrounding them. The whites were devoid of capillaries and looked ghostly bright. Her skin was pale with a very light olive complexion. Her plump small lips and button nose and lack of happy feelings behind her eyes gave her a cold appearance, however a touch of her skin would show she was more than comfortably warm.

Within her chest her heart beat steadily, as she picked at her fingernails subconsciously. Whilst she wasn't a little mouse, she also didn't speak easily with other people.

After a long silence, she turned around and looked up at his eyes, the only real facial feature she could see through his mask. His voice was weird, and his eyes eery. Featureless. But at least he was quiet. "If you saw Ron go to sleep, and leave...were you awake all night?" she asked, tilting her head as she examined any reaction.

He was easily taller than her, and if she looked directly ahead her eyes rested on his sternum.

"I brought you breakfast, since it didn't appear as though you have been downstairs yet. Not that you missed much...you probably didn't miss anything, did you? Even with the ceiling in the way." Whilst she wasn't exactly rambling, she probably did talk too much for his taste.

Doing something completely different, she turned back to the window. As an olive branch she ran her fingers around the edges of the window, each starting at the top, heading down opposite sides and closing at the bottom. Placing her hand on the slats, the window shimmered purple for a few seconds before showing what was on the other side.

"You seem to like a good view, how about mountain air?" she asked, a cold breeze traveling through into their faces, the scent of Spruce easily recognizable. Whilst he may not have noticed off to one side, if he moved to look straight on, the Rocky Mountains were on the other side. The city in the distance. If he stepped through, albeit rather clumsily considering the size of the window, and he was to turn around, he notice the front door of a rather run down hunters cabin. But even if he didn't step through, a chopping block off to the right, and an outhouse to the left would give him all the information he needed.

"I like coming here when the world gets to noisy."

In a rather cliche way, a large eagle flew across his view rising on thermals before heading off over the valley.

The hair on his neck and body might have been on end, but the longer the window stayed open, the harder it would be to ignore. And within a minute (as long as he was back on her side of course) she shook her hand and stepped back, the portal closing and the fresh breeze overtaken by the smell of damp air.
 
Roni

Roni quirked a slender brow as Ron leaned in with a conspiratorial air about him. For a moment she thought she was going to learn something interesting, a dark fact he would let slip that might in fact rank him up there with the rest of the crazies in the house. But in the end it was revealed he simply preferred lemon squash. The revelation only brought out a trickle of laughter, a most gentle of titters that lasted for a briefest of moments.

“I’m not a big fan of coke either,” Roni admitted as she took a step towards the doors that slid open with a ‘woosh’. During their short walk through the mall Roni had to retell the tale of just what she meant by coke and the fact that where she came from all soft drinks were referred to as coke in casual conversation. It wasn’t an interesting topic by any means but Roni kept at it the entire time. Her tendency to babble reared its ugly head and it wasn’t until she had a pretzel to stuff into her mouth that she stopped. By then she had gone on the tirade about soda, coke, pop, and all the other odd titles people would use for soft drinks.
While they had a near unlimited amount of cash at their disposal (or so it felt like to Roni) the idea of dropping large sums of money on herself didn’t really register at all. True her eyes wandered here and there, sometimes caught up in something mildly interesting in the windows of a particular store, nothing had caught her attention fully.

“Maybe we should get some kind of house warming gift. Like one of those fancy coffee machines with the pods…or a waffle maker…” Roni started in after they passed the eleventh shoe store, and that was just on the first floor.

Kayne

She was just settling into the peacefulness (kinda) of being left to her own thoughts when that young girl entered. At first she couldn’t rightly recall which one it was, though she quickly decided that the lack of stupid mittens this was Portal. Kayne should remember after all, since she had delivered the pizza last night. Of course, last night was a little fuzzy after the first few glasses of rum.

“Sup.” Kayne muttered plainly, her cheeks puffed with pancake as the girl entered and unceremoniously fixed herself a plate and a cup before disappearing all over. Kayne couldn’t help but let her eyes linger on that sleek little frame, hey, if she couldn’t appreciate a cute butt when the moment presented itself then there was something really wrong with her. She really hadn’t time to start in on the girl, not that she had given her any real bait either.

For someone who didn’t have any particular need to eat Kayne settled in at the counter and helped herself to several more pancakes, enough to finish off her cup of coffee as well before she set the cup aside and wandered off into the rest of the house without any particular aim or course.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Serious Squirrel Ruby

Ruby nodded as she merely watched Kit transform. "This form is acceptable. Fortunately I do have some tools for, excuse me for being blunt, veterinarian examinations. Not that I'm implying you are at all anything but an intelligent creature. But, using tools to examine humanoids would be inefficient." Sparks walked by, announcing her intention for a shower.

"Okay, team leader!" Ruby announced releasing a salute with a dopey grin on her face. Once Sparks had entered the bathroom, Ruby turned back to Kit. "I'll examine you later. I'll also ask for some basic information, if you don't mind." Now, Ruby turned away and smelled herself. Uck was the only term to describe her fur. She needed a shower. Absent-mindlessly she entered the bathroom, knocking on the wall.

"Hello Sparks. You mind if I take a shower after you. I'll just be waiting here." Ruby smiled earnestly and warmly, not really taking into account all the rules of social behaviour she was breaking. This only became worse as she began to hum a nonsensical time.
 
Bow tilted his head at her question,

"I did not sleep...in fact I had no need yet to sleep."

Then she started to talk and he turned to face her, making sure to take in all she said,

"In fact most things escape me, the only upgrade made to me was my eyes, I have the same sensor range as what you have."

Her touch brought data, the shimering of the air vent brought even more data and then the portal opened and it all overwhelmed him. He barely heard her, stumbling backwards and falling over, hands covering his eyes to shut out the sensory overload. As soon as the darkness overwhelmed his eyes his brain started to catch up with the data as they rushed through it. Slowing down and sorting it into the spaces needed, Bow took away his hands, looking at Portal,

"Show me again."

He got to his feet, braced now for what would follow if she decided to show him again
 
Sparks

Sparks had been standing at the back end of the tub as she removed her clothing. Now, fully nude, her attention scanned towards the door-less threshold of the bathroom and the sound of voices just outside of it. The curtain wasn't completely opaque; it allowed glimpses of blotched color but caused for such distortion of images that it couldn't be considered truly "see through".

They're not watching you. No one is watching you...

She took a breath. And a step forward. And then another.

Sparks nearly cried out with pain. But instead she brought a hand to her mouth and took a sharp inhalation of air. What the fuck?! She looked down, lifted a foot in front of her with a bended knee. A jagged piece of ceramic was embedded just beneath the ball of her foot, in a particularly tender point. Sapphire eyes cast further downwards, bearing witness to other such fragments scattered chaotically about the floor of the tub.

She blinked. Wondered. Though she didn't need to think for long - even though it was still painfully early - Kayne had been the last to shower, if not the only person to shower. While still balancing on one foot, the blonde leaned forward to turn on the water, adjusting for the right temperature before running her wound under the cascade.

A knock on the wall made Sparks jump. The noise was followed by Doctor Smit's voice, an mentioning that she needed to shower next and that intended to wait in the meantime.

Go away! the team leader thought in jerk response. Even as she looked at her foot, the buried ceramic inch-and-a-half long shard buried in her flesh...it didn't even occur to her to seek Ruby's help. Instead, she worried about her nakedness, how uncomfortable it was to have a stranger standing around nearby. You'd think the three year captive of Professor Denauld would be accustomed - even the Organization watched her nonstop after her recovery - more often in person than by recorded means (which was much more the Professor's style).

The drifting of her thoughts inspired her to grab and jerk out the remnants of the coffee mug. She stifled any noise of pain, biting down on her lower lip. Without ceremony or hesitation she placed her weight on her injured foot, using the other to brush aside the debris. It wasn't difficult to not cut yourself on broken ceramic...so long as you weren't coming upon it like a Lego in the night. The blonde watched as a trail of her blood flowed with the water towards the drain.

The doctor was humming now. Surprisingly it made Sparks feel a little better - if the awkward situation really wasn't an issue at all for the other woman, why should it be for her? In fact, it could be an advantage.

"That's fine. Just...adopt the function of a door and keep everyone else out. Thanks."

Sparks kept her attention to herself as she showered. In her mind, Ruby was standing in the framing of the doorway, facing outwards. She didn't want to look and see that it was otherwise - she'd take the false comfort.

Five minutes later Sparks was finished with her routine, the completion of the ritual indicated by the turning off of the water. An arm appeared briefly from behind the curtain to snatch a towel. She quickly dried and wrapped the covering around her body, tucking it tightly under her armpits and over her chest. The curtain pulled open suddenly, the rings grinding against the rod with a screech, and Sparks stepped out from the tub.

"Give me a moment, Doctor Smit. There's a bit of a mess here." The woman took a couple sets of steps in order to grab the bathroom trashcan, her right foot leaving blood marks. She was not bleeding profusely, by any means, though the time she had stood in the tub in the absence of running water allowed quite a gathering there (plus it mixed with some standing water, which no doubt made it look like there was more than there really was). The woman returned to the tub and knelt, making sure that her towel would cover her ass well enough to bend over without giving the redhead a free show. She started to collect the shards, tossing them in the trash.
 
Last edited:
Kit shivered. "T-tools?" Before he could say anything though she was in the bathroom and talking to his commander. Kit bit how foxy lip and slinked off with his tail between his legs. She had...tools for veterinary examinations. He had had one of those before. They stuck a small rod up his rear and he swore he would never let that happen again. He would have to tell her when she examined him that he didn't need his rear checked out. At the very least though he could change into a machine. He shuddered and felt a nervous explosion happen in his stomach. Was he in perfect condition? What other tools did she have? Would she want to check him for sexual diseases? What would she do to him?

All these questions flowed through his mind as the usually cool fox began to feel the emotions that the robotic wide hid from him. Emotions like fear, anxiety, and terror. He found a corner and trembled afraid of the doctor suddenly. It wasn't her fault. She was basically the same as him. If he had heard correctly she was the way she was because of a gene her mother had. Though try as he might, while a robot he couldn't find anything about her. The Organization apparently didn't know she even existed. He wasn't used to not knowing everything. This scared him even more.

He silently cried in his corner as the emotions became to much. He could switch back to the robot quite yet because of the energy it took to transform. Another reason why the emotions were to much and to strong. He was exhausted which only served to amplify the emotions he was feeling.

He growled and mentally slapped himself. He was Kit! The only being that was a robot by his genes! He would not be reduced to tears from exhaustion! He shook his head hard and cleared his throat, deciding to remain curled up in the corner, but refusing to let his emotions overwhelm him. He knew his blood pressure would be unusually high as it always was and decided that the resting would be perfect to lower it to an acceptable level.
 
Trainee Ruby!

Ruby
Ruby merely hummed the whole time. She listened to the rhythmic drops of the water. Her only words were "Okie-Dokie artichoke!" When Sparks asked her to be the door. She understood most humans were prudish (to her standard anyway) in terms of nudity.

It wasn't until Sparks pulled back the curtain that Ruby turned around. Then she saw the bloody foot marks. Ruby frowned at that, walking over to their team leader. "Let me help." She muttered, kneeling down to help pick up the shards from the shower. Her demeanour changed from the childish happy go lucky attitude to her doctor mode. Sparks was injured. Despite the fact the wound looked minor, she would still have to look at it. Without proper treatment it could become infected. Since this was a matter of health, Ruby technically reigned supreme.

Once the pieces has been picked up, Ruby glared at Sparks. "I've been here this whole time and you didn't think to mention the fact that you were injured?" Her voice was intimidating, for a five foot four squirrel who could be best described as cute. So on a Kayne Intimidation Factor, with Kayne being a ten, and a baby being a one, Ruby probably hit a two. Still there was a firmness of her voice, that showed she had no intention of just letting this matter go without at least looking at Sparks wounds.

She pointed to the counter next to the sink. "Put your arse down there right now while I grab supplies." Without waiting to see if Sparks actually obeyed her orders, she rushed out of the bathroom, running to Jenkins room to grab her medical kit. Once obtained, she ran straight back, not bothering to pay attention to anything besides the path back to the bathroom. Once she returned she wasted no time to grab what she needed, and it was only at this point that she checked to see if Sparks was even there, let alone in the place that Ruby commanded her to be at.
 
Ron glanced over at Roni. "A housewarming gift huh. Not a bad idea, but think bigger. Come on we have this card burning a hole in my pocket and we haven't even bought anything big yet." Frowning Ron kept walking glancing into shop windows every now and again just to see what was on sale.

Suddenly he stopped and grinned then looked slyly over at Roni. "Oh I got it. Something that almost everyone is going to love but I bet Jenkins is going to hate which makes it even better. C'mon and follow me."

Ron led her into a big electrical clearance store he had spotted and immediately found a huge TV. It had the works. HD, Internet, A special Cybernetic hookup, All the bells and whistles. Next he bought the latest surround sound system and both the latest gen games consoles. Looking at Roni he grinned and invited her to go nuts with him choosing games for them. Soon there was a huge stack on the trolley he had grabbed. The salesman's eyes had bugged out at the thought of the commission he was going to get. "Oh Do you think we should get a TV for each bedroom as well as a coffee machine and waffle maker Roni?" Ron asked her.
 
Portal had been enjoying the view, however when Bow backed away and seemed to be pained by the overload of data, she couldn't help but rush to his side to offer assistance. Had she caused that? But she didn't know a lot about her powers, and even now they were only about 30% developed (not that she would know that). So anything was possible. Plus, his eye upgrade probably made him greatly sensitive, especially to a constantly moving and changing portal as it was opened, and to the extreme environment beyond it. The distance, the movement, the light...quite the opposite to the small confined attic barely lit enough to see more than shades of color.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that would happen," she breathed in worry, instinctively taking a hold of his forearm in case he was wobbly or disorientated. He had fallen over, and she wanted to offer him a hand to get up, but she was also worried about if her touching him was okay.

Letting go, she stepped away and stood still beside the window until he seemed recovered. Like a mouse waiting to see if a lion was angered. But when he approached he seemed more interested in trying to look at her conjured portal again.

"Are you sure?" she asked, tilting her head as she studied him.

But, without a change in his mind she stepped back in front of the window and slowly (slower than the first time) traced around the frame. A purple silver essence seeming to trail from her fingers and deposit on the frame (this would also leave an imprint in case she needed an easier way to get into the attic in the future). Soon the image filled in and shuddered slightly and after a few seconds of light flooding past her, she stepped aside.

The same view met them, the Spruce scented breeze, the sun, the cabin.
 
This time as the portal formed the data was expected, a slight smile touched the corners of his lips, this was interesting, as Portal worked his mind adjusted, by the time stepped away he had target zones, data on the structure and he sniffed at the air, the pine made his nose itch, but he knew that there was nothing to rub,

"Fabulous..."

He moved closer and peered at the scene from all angles, his eyes taking in distant objects seen through gaps in the trees,

"If I can read this...can bullets pass through? Can you fire a weapon into the portal and have the same lethal effect on the other side?"

He sniffed the air once more,

"Do you have a place with snow?"
 
This time his reaction was much more controlled, and it didn't freak Portal out and she maintained the connection to the Rocky Mountain's cabin for a bit longer. He studied it, and she wondered what he was thinking. Beyond stepping through and checking out the woodland on the other side, she doubted her abilities would come in that handy.

However, when he mentioned if he could pass through it, she laughed. Too loud. And caught herself almost being rather rude. Of course he didn't know the physics involved, she hadn't until recently either. So making him feel stupid was not her intention. But it was possibly the result.

Picking up any random object off the floor, she held it up to him with a smile before casually tossing it into the portal. Instantly, as if the scenery was on the other side of the wall, the old can of nails, or marbles rolled down the pine needle covered slope, rattling as it went.

She put her hand through the portal and it appeared on the other side, waving it around for him to see, she saw a leaf floating down towards it and strained enough up against the wall to grab it. Plucking it from the air before pulling it back through to the Misfit's Headquarters. She passed it to him, before shrugging her shoulders.

"It's rather instant, with little side effects. The more that passes through the harder it is on me, mentally and physically, but something as small as a bullet shouldn't be a problem. Even at such high speed, it's probably less strain than my own hand. I once threw a snowball at someone via this method, they had no idea where it came from. It was a busy street in Rome..." she stopped herself, he didn't want to know about her past. And she was happy with him not knowing. The more she blurted out about Rome, the more he would know about her foster family, and they were about the only people in the world she truly cared about.

"But I can totally do snow!"

With a triumphant nod of her head, she dissolved the Rocky Mountains, this time taking a little longer to open up a portal that looked over a lake in Alaska. This place had been found via a little travel magazine, a simple photograph of crystal blue lakes, a white chateau and such brilliant green pine tree's had made it look like a remote paradise.
 

Attachments

  • chateu.jpg
    chateu.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 12
He nodded,

"Perhaps if you have the time one day we can test what influence the portal has on flight trajectories. If this works..."

He gave a soft chuckle,

"Oh if this works we will be able to deal with any threat at any distance. I know I'm good, but with this...we will make a good team."

He tilted his head slightly as she broke off in mid-sentence, something about Rome...he didn't even know where Rome was, he just heard that it's a city. Then she changed the scene, the impact much less than before as his senses bcame more attuned to it. Then the crisp, icy air wafted in and he reached out, his hand stopping longingly at the surface of the portal, if his eyes could show emotion it would have had longing in them, even his warbled voice could not convey the feeling,

"So lovely."

He closed his eyes and inhaled slowly, taking in the scents and for a brief moment wished he could take off the mask, but he could not, dared not do such while Portal was there. With a sigh he opened his eyes again, looked at her and nodded,

"Thank you."

With that he moved away to the other vent, scanning the backyard
 
Sparks

The blonde woman couldn't help but smile in response to the doctor's firm tone. Even as it was apparent that there was some attempt at being authoritarian...the squirrel girl missed it by a long shot. Sparks liked that. A lot. She gave no objection as Ruby scolded her and showed no signs of defiance as she was ordered to sit her arse on the counter of the sink. Even if the cyborg had thought of some sort of reply the other woman was up and out of the room with a haste that wouldn't allow for it.

Sparks placed the trashcan in its proper place and took a moment to consider. Instinct said that her foot was fine and that this stranger doctor lady didn't need to be handling her. It's not as if the leader of the Misfits was incapable of sanitizing and bandaging such a minor wound herself.

...But the redhead seemed surprisingly nice, despite the whole doctor thing. She even helped to clean up the broken shards of coffee mug from the tub. It'd be rude to shrug her off, right?

The woman sighed as she snatched her panties from a pile of clothing. She stepped into the garment and quickly pulled the band to her hips. She considered more of her clothes but decided she was unwilling to expose her chest until she wasn't expecting someone to return shortly. She also did not care to risk smearing blood all over her pants. So instead she brought herself to the designated seat, hopping up onto the counter without the assistance of her hands (they were too busy holding the front of her towel). She tried not to look nervous as she waited for Doctor Smit to return.

When the other woman appeared Sparks shifted uncomfortably but she forced a small smile. "It's nothing, really," she insisted. A look at Ruby had her continuing. "Thank you, of course, I appreciate the concern. It's just..." She trailed off for a moment, her eyes drifting to her bleeding foot.

It's just...what? You going to tell her you hate doctors, hate being touched, give her a glimpse of all that damage and crazy?

"...I suppose I am bleeding. So. Do as you must."
 
Heading for the ladder again, Portal stopped and pointed to the breakfast, hoping he hadn't forgotten. Did he need to eat? Of course, he did mention only his eyes were new, she thought. Pushing down the ladder, she stepped on the first one. "Your pancakes and coffee will be getting cold..." She trailed off as she headed downstairs, leaving him alone. That was enough socialization for one day, she figured.

Pushing the ladder away again, she brushed off her hands and headed deeper into the house. Stopping, she spotted Kit, curled up in a corner in rather a troubled mood. Walking over, she crouched down before deciding to sit against the wall to his right.

"Do you sleep?" she asked, hoping the rather straight forward question would give him something else to think about.

"Because it just occurred to me that not all of us does. I thought it was odd. Sleep has always seemed like a given."

Pulling her knees up, she held them as if deep in thought. The house was relatively quiet beyond Ruby running about with her medical kit.

"Hey, you have that snazzy hologram right? Can you bring up images of places around the world?" Whilst it was a casual question, she wanted to know if he could conjure an image of doors and windows from around the world. It would save stockpiling heaps of magazines.
 
Roni and Kayne

Roni

Roni scrunched up her face in thought as Ron commented on thinking bigger. The idea of having an unlimited budget hadn't really sunk in completely, Roni wasn't use to 'thinking big'.

“Uh...You mean like...fluffy bathrobes? Or...Puppies?” Roni was really stretching it, at least with the last one. Seriously, who could say no to a puppy? Maybe Jenkins, Kayne might bite its head off in a horrible Ozzy Osbourne impression.

“On second thought...puppies are probably a bad idea.” She said more to herself, though it was still loud enough for Ron to hear. It didn't seem to matter much, by the time Roni snapped out of her over-thinking funk it was just in time to catch that devious grin on Ron's face. She took a sip from her drink, the annoying slurp following after, it was enough to keep from saying something stupid. The thought of getting Jenkins angry seemed...well...childish and petty. Of course she didn't want to say that out loud, after all she didn't want to piss off the only person in the house that wasn't whacko. Though...as he strolled into the store with that big grin on his face Roni was having her doubts.

The fact that he grabbed a trolley didn't help any either. Roni's lips parted and she started to object, that was until she saw...it. The TV that Ron picked out was beautiful. It was big, sleek and black, the kind that Roni would always look at but never imagined owning let alone actually watching shows and movies on it. Her eyes got a little big, the look of awe undeniable, it was like a religious experience in itself; Roni cautiously reached out and touched the side as if it were a holy artifact.

Aethitron connectivity. Denriley ports?” Roni recited the list off the side of the TV, it seemed to go on and on, some of the things didn't even make sense. It was less a TV and more a God onto itself, and Ron wasn't even done.

“Holy shit, Ron.” Roni finally said at length. It had taken her a good ten minutes to snap out of her daze, by then Ron had stacked up more gear. Before the shit hit the literal fan in her life, Roni had been known to enjoy the beautiful gift of electronic devices. She was woefully out of her league at this point, if had only been a few years but the next gen consoles looked more amazing than she recalled. It looked like for a minute she was going to object, a little hint of reason appeared in those dark brown eyes as she tried to find the right words. That was until they fell upon a particular cartridge. It called to her, a beautiful siren's song that only Roni could hear.

“Is that...Redundant Reverie Thirty-two?” The sudden intake of air was a sharp gasp of surprise and sheer delight. If Roni ever looked like a young girl it was now, or maybe a young girl in a candy store. Either way, she reached out and plucked the box from the shelf, holding with as much reverence as she had given the TV. There was a hush about her, a moment of nostalgia and an undeniable tingle of happiness. The smile was bright on her face, a impish little thing as she took a step closer to the trolley and placed the game a top the every growing pile of things. Roni had never been a materialistic person, but there were certain things a person just couldn't deny themselves when given the chance.

“I'm good,” She said simply, her arms crossing behind and she leaned up on the balls of her feet for just a brief moment.

Kayne

She wandered about for a few minutes until she found herself in front of her duffle bag again. Without really thinking about it Kayne squatted in front of it and began to dig around until she found a package of clove cigarettes and her zippo. Kayne wasn't a chronic smoker, it was just something to do when she was bored, something to keep her fingers and mouth busy. For the moment the house was quiet, relatively speaking. She heard movement above and knew it had to be the freak with the mask, Kayne could only imagine what kind of weird shit he was doing up there by himself (the thought involved infants, barbecue sauce and army ants). The familiar voice of Ruby resounded down the hallway, a dead give away that Kayne didn't want to go that way. She collected her things and headed in the opposite direction, back towards the kitchen. There were still a few pancakes left over, Kayne idly picked one up and tossed it over her shoulder onto the floor as she passed. The backdoor was unceremoniously kicked open, a cigarette already dangled from her thin lips before she even stepped through it. The familiar, loving metallic click of the zippo resounded as she flicked it open, brushed it over her leg to set the wheel in motion and the flame was brought to the tip of her clove cigarette, all in one fluid motion. Kayne stalled in her progress as she took a deep breath, the tip smoldering and growing cherry red. She inhaled sharply, filling her lungs with the acrid smoke and holding it for several long minutes before it filtered out through her nostrils.

Bruised orbs drifted about the backyard idly as she savored the rich taste, a familiar and welcoming feeling in a completely foreign environment. There wasn't much to be seen, aside from a lonely tree providing adequate shade there wasn't anything of interest. That was until Kayne stalked about the edge of the property, in the corner she found several old wooden planks. They must have once been spares for the fence, but now they were wrapped and fragile, one good thwack and they'd break in half. Kayne's lips twitched as the idea formed in her mind, a smile curled at edges subtly.

It only took her a few minutes to get everything set up, by the end of it she was happy with it. Several posts had been planted firmly into the ground in a rough circle near the middle of the yard. Kayne had found an old bucket as well and placed it a top one of the buckets, along with drawing an angry face on it (she snagged Jenkin's marker during the construction). The rest of the planks were given ridiculously faces as well, along with crudely drawn genitalia just for shits and giggles. Kayne stood in the middle of the rough circle and looked out over her work, the cigarette dangling from her lips with the tip still smoldering. She offered a nod, before looking up into the sky. Her right hand rose, hand out-stretched as the shadows twisted and shifted about her. They drew towards her palm, collecting and growing into the definable shape of a sword. Her slender digits curled about the hilt as it solidified, a thin wisp of black smoke flickered along the edge of the blade as she lazily swung it.

“Crom! I have never prayed to you before,” Kayne started in a solemn tone, the cigarette jostling with each word. “I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important!” She brandished the black blade with gusto, lifting the tip skyward in a triumphant display.

“Valor pleases you, Crom...so grant me one request! Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!”

Kayne said the lines by memory, though she wore an all too serious look on her sharp visage the entire time. Her free hand wrapped about the hilt of her sword and she took a step towards the plank with the bucket head.

“Gyaaaaanh!” She did her best Arnold impression as she drew the sword over her head and brought it down in a savage overhead chop. The edge of the blade connected with the bucket and white sparks shot out in all directions. Kayne's form was far from perfect, it was more like a kid playing with a wooden stick pretending to be a warrior. She had no former training with melee weapons, everything she knew was self taught. Her powers over compensated for that lack of formal training though, her strike was true and she cleaved the bucket and blanket in two with just one slice. Of course she had put all her weight into the blow, which sent her stumbling forward briefly. But Kayne was enjoying herself too much to notice her own fumbles, with a laugh that would impress Sir Lancelot she rampaged through the rest of the boards, cleanly cutting them in pieces until there was nothing left but foot tall stumps.

Only then did Kayne come to a stop to catch her breath, the sword flickering briefly before dissipating completely. The butt of her cigarette still hung from her lips, though she had lost the cherry in her gallivanting, it wasn't until she plucked it from between her lips that she even noticed.

“Hm...Well here's to me...and Crom!” She muttered as she retrieved her pack and plucked another clove cigarette from within.
 
He looked over at Portal,

"Thank you for the consideration."

He waited for her to leave and moved over to the food, it vanished from the plate double-time and he resumed his watch, sipping idly on the strong coffee. He watched Kayne as she came out and noticed that she was not just a hard-ass, she presented a hard target as well. Very few weak points and even less target areas. He sipped his coffee as she finished her hunting and set-up of her little army of foes. He heard her recite, but due to his limited hearing he only caught snatches.

Then she produced the sword, he watched her move, surely many men would watch her as she demolished the planks, but unlike most men, Bow watched her form, her movements and realized that she relied on brute strength and over-all that didn't bode well. He shook his head, stepped away and made his way to the front air vent.
 
Magical healer Ruby and Leftenant Jenkins

Ruby

Ruby smiled as Sparks told her to do as she must. "Okay, this might sting, but I'm going to have to clean the wound first. First we'll use a damp cloth to stop the bleeding then alcohol to cleanse the wound to prevent infection." Ruby explained the process as she began to wipe the wound. "However, before I can apply alcohol, I need to make sure that you got every shard out of the wound. Otherwise you'll run a very high chance of infection and reinjuring yourself. This part wi definitely be uncomfortable. I'm very sorry for any pain you will feel." Her fingers lightly probed the wound, just making sure that there was nothing left of the shard. Once satisfied, Ruby dabbed alcohol on a sterile rag and wiped at the wound.

"Now, there might be something left that I missed. Which is why it'll be important for me to check up on the wound at least once a day until any chance of infection passes." Ruby began to pull out some gauze wrapping bandages. "I'm now going to dress the wound, in order to prevent any airborne particles from infecting your wound. It's going to be wrapped tightly to prevent the blood from flowing freely, however tell me if the tightness causes uncomfort. The last thing we need is for your foot to lose all circulation of blood. That would be bad." Ruby put the finishing touches on the wrapping, before giving it a little peck, much as a mother would do to her child's scrapped knee.

"The last ingredient, the doctors full attention and love for the patients well-being!" Ruby exclaimed excitedly with full belief in her words, putting away her medical tools. "Now, if you find the bandage is leaking then call me immediately, since that would obviously be bad." Ruby got up, wiping off her knees, before tilting her head a tiny bit. "I heard you are a cyborg, and well... If it isn't too personal, what is the difference between a cyborg and a human? I've never really understood the whole technology thing. As you can plainly see, I'm more of a medical girl." Ruby inquired, hoping she wasn't pushing any boundaries.

Leftenant Jenkins

The Leftenant was still working on the Aerithon room when Kayne walked outside. He didn't stop working, merely giving her a curious glance as to what the hell she was doing. Obviously some weird satanic ritual thing, Jenkins reasoned as she summoned a shadow blade. Stuff he'd best not get caught up with. However her use of the blade was interesting to say the least. He'd have to take notice of how she used her blades in a real fight.

More interesting however was the fact that he wasn't the only observer. Just from the corner of his eye he could see a shadow gracing a window. He wasn't aware there was anything up there, but only one person would be observing. Bow, another soldier like himself. The most mysterious member of the team.

The team held its fair share of killers. Kayne, Bow, Ron, probably even Sparks had all killed before. Jenkins was no exception to that list. Despite the fact he had no powers, Jenkins was no stranger to the art of killing. However each person held a completely differing attitude around them. Sparks regretted the past. He had seen it in her eyes. Ron used humour to deflect whatever he truly felt. Unless if he truly was a psychopath who had no shame in the fact he had killed before. Kayne obviously relished the killing. Or at least that's what she projected. Whether or not she actually did was another story. Jenkins had been lying so long to the world about how he felt, that he had forgotten what he actually felt about himself and killing. And Bow wore the mask. Hiding his emotions behind an impenetrable fortress of... whatever his mask was made of. Out of all of the team he was the only one Jenkins couldn't get a read on. "What's under that mask?" Jenkins muttered to himself.
 
Ron thought long and hard. Ahh screw it. He had the card may as well use it. He grabbed three more decent sized televisions, another same set up as the one he already had for his room and then a kick ass stereo as well. Then he picked up the coffee maker, waffle iron, sandwich press, four slice toaster/muffin, kettle, and lots of other stuff. Looking at Roni he even remembered to get some girly type stuff for the bathroom as well and some deluxe foot spa's.

To top it off he ordered top of the line laptops for all of them. "Maybe Sparks and Fox won't need theirs but then we will have spares huh," he joked to Roni with a cheeky grin. The salesman's eyes bugged out as he rung up the purchase and told him the total. " No problems Pal, just put it on this card," Ron said handing it over "Oh and of course free delivery will be included right?" The guy couldn't nod his head fast enough and promised to have it there by that night. Ron filled out the paper work and pocketed the card and walked out with Roni. "Well that was fun. See how easy it is Kiddo. Now it's your turn. Let's find you some clothes. Find a store you like and let's go nuts," he grinned.
 
Sparks

The blonde woman was completely unresponsive as Ruby addressed the issue of her wound. She did not wince as the minor gash was prodded for debris, nor when it was sanitized. The blank stare upon her face suggested that Sparks was nowhere near what was presently happening. Despite this, she was listening. Doctor Smit's words seemed to echo in her mind, fill a void of purposeful lack of thought. The disconnect was practiced and the woman made no attempt to cover up for the defense mechanism.

It wasn't until Ruby asked about her nature as a cyborg that she seemed to come back. Her eyes found a sudden focus on the questioner's face.

"Any human with an installation of technological components is considered a cyborg...though how they differ from what they once were depends on the individual. Most have full body system which boosts their strength and speed, some have an incorporation of digital intelligence wired into their minds. Or both. Depends on the project, I suppose..."

The world was rife with less than willing cyborgs other than herself. Though Sparks couldn't claim to know which was the majority: the rich that chose to imbue themselves with unnatural power or the gutter rats collected from the streets that served to perfect the technology at the low low cost of morality. Her case hadn't been either, really, but she found herself identifying with the latter group, if only because her lack of choice in the matter.

The woman eased herself off of the counter, at first supporting her full weight on her non-injured foot. "Thank you, Doctor Smit," she spoke kindly. "I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if there are any problems..." She took a step forward and found the pain completely bearable. "I'll be off so you can shower," she spoke as she continued towards the threshold of the door, looking very much intent to leave. But then she stopped and turned. "I...uh...guess I might want my clothes, though..." She gave a sheepish smile as she moved to gather the pile of garments, tucking them under an arm. She also gathered her dirty clothing, of course, which she held just under the clean. Then, with a farewell nod towards Ruby, she quickly found her way to and through the exit.

She'd find an empty room to disappear into long enough to dress in jeans and white v-neck blouse. When she re-emerged she located her bag and stuffed her laundry into it. En route to the kitchen she spied Kit curled up in a corner: he appeared to be resting. She looked at her wrist, only to realize she didn't wear a watch.

"Hey buddy, it's get up time! Come, join me for some coffee ♪~" It seemed that the blonde was far more awake now, nearly singing. Anything to distract herself from thinking about examinations. Ruby was nice and all, but... Fuck doctors.
 
Roni and Kayne

Roni

Ron finally did show that he fit in with the rest of the misfits. He was clearly a lunatic, he piled more and more stuff on the trolley till there was no more room. Then he went a step further and stepped over the line to truly bonkers. Roni couldn’t really say anything, well, she didn’t want to, she had tasted a little bit of nostalgia and with it brought a sense of normalness that she hadn’t felt in a long, long time. It felt good, something that she didn’t want to give up without an earnest fight. She met Ron’s cheeky grin with a subtle smirk, the laptops just seemed a cherry on the sundae of what the fuckness, so at this point, why the hell not?

She honestly didn’t think they were going to walk away from the situation with a receipt, she felt somewhere that Ron was going to pull a fast one on either herself or the salesman. But the beautiful little black card worked, but to her relief and the salesman’s pleasure. Now that it was all said and done they exited the store and back into the growing crowd of the mall. The drone of a hundred conversations was welcoming, if only to let Roni feel like she could disappear into the crowd whenever she wanted to. At the moment though, she didn’t have any need to. Though she did have a sudden need to correct Ron, she moved then and offered his upper arm a savage blow. Which in actuality was nothing but a playful tap to anyone besides an ant.

“I told you, I’m not a kid!” She glowered, though it only made her look cuter than angry. Her hands came to rest on her hips and she gave him a serious.

“I don’t really need clothes. I have my fair share. Besides I think we blew enough back there. But,” Roni said thoughtfully, that glare turning quickly to a devious look. “I could go for some icecream.”

Kayne

She sat for some time on the back steps of the house, a cigarette lingering in her hands or between her lips at different intervals. After her display of martial talent (or lack thereof) Kayne had sat down for a breather and simply spaced out. Her bruised gaze lingered on nothing at all, though she saw it all through a general haze of smoke as it billowed from her mouth and nostrils. The nicotine had little effect on her, even after several cigarettes. It took a bit to get her wired, just as it had to get her as smashed as she had been the night before. It was only when she heard a familiar voice, all too perky and sing-song for her taste, that Kayne snapped out of whatever fugue state she had lost herself in. The cigarette had dwindled down to a stub in her grasp, it was then she felt the heat against her fingers as it drew dangerously close. Without another thought she shifted the butt in her fingers and flicked it out into the yard without extinguishing it.

The skinny woman rose with a sigh, stretched out her limps before turning and stomped back up the steps to the backdoor. The backyard was still in disarray of slashed boards, their stumps still sticking out of the ground in a crude circle. The door opened quickly and loudly, Kayne stepped through into the welcoming darkness near the back of the kitchen. Her eyes quickly adjusted to the dim light, the sounds of people moving about the room caught her attention and she stalked towards it without conscious thought. Kayne emerged in the back hallway and saw Sparks and the weird metal dog thing, along with the pizza girl.
“Sup bubble butt,” Kayne spat out quickly. As much as she wanted to rake her nails across Sparks’ chalkboard, there was a certain comforting sense of seeing her again. She drew closer, giving the situation a once over with those bruised orbs.
 
He was still troubled when the girl showed up. That cute little girl...I think she went by the name Portal. She seemed to enjoy. Kit also assumed she didn't think a random silver fox was all that weird. He figured though that in this group he was probably nothing new.

"Do you sleep?"

"Actually I do." Kit says smiling. "Not often, but I do." He appreciated her talking to him. It got his mind off of the emotions running through this body.

"Because it just occurred to me that not all of us does. I thought it was odd. Sleep has always seemed like a given."

"I did notice that some of the people around here never seem to sleep. Kind of weird isn't it? Back when I was a ghost that was one thing I noticed. EVERYBODY seems to sleep, but I Have discovered that Leftenant Jenkins Doesn't appear to sleep. I have to to recharge every 10 or so days."

*"Hey, you have that snazzy hologram right? Can you bring up images of places around the world?"

"Actually My powers are pretty...out of control. Yes I can show you entire parts of the world. Anything you want to see, I can be like Google Maps if you need..." He stopped talking and looked at her. "Sorry...I'm rambling..." I say, giving her a small smile before cuddling up to her.

Kit finally managed it. Complete control over his rampant emotions. A control so perfect he could have been a robot. Though he wasn't right now, He found a way to entertain himself by using his claws to spell out his name on the wall in Japanese. The finished product made him giggle softly as he read it. Of course the translation came out to "Stolen Spirit Fox" Or in other translations "Stolen demon fox." He idly scratched in his real name and nearly leapt to the ceiling when Sparks spoke.

"Hey buddy, it's get up time! Come, join me for some coffee ♪~"*

Buddy? That's...wait. Kit snapped to a standing position, in what would be an attention pose as she asked him to join her for coffee. He had to admit that he was glad that at least the genuine fox form could speak and wasn't reduced to barking.

"Yes Ms Sparks. I would enjoy having coffee with our leader."

He said respectfully. "But I think you must know. My bloodpressure is always high and anything with coffee may not be the best idea. and..." He wiggled his flesh and bone paws. "I don't think I can grab the cup without my robotic form."

Sup Bubble Butt,

Kayne entered the room and suddenly Kit felt unwelcome in this room. He also felt a little annoyed. Their leader...He took a quick glance and mused for a moment. "She does have a bubble butt." He thought slowly. He shook his head hard and focussed. This form was so hard if you wanted to be respectful, because the Kitsune believed that there was only one above him. While Kit could program the robot he couldn't program the Kitsune and since Sparks wasn't Isis then the Kitsune didn't want to obey her.

"Good morning Kayne. Ma'am." He said addressing Sparks. "I will leave you and this woman alone." He said nodding his head at Kayne. He didn't know for sure what happened last night, but the way Kayne spoke was enough. She hadn't really insulted the other woman, combine that with both of them coming upstairs from the same room smelling of sexual energy was enough.

Kit turned to wander out, half hoping Sparks would ask him to stay. He nodded toward Portal with a smile. "It has been delightful to speak to you young woman. If you wish to converse further you could walk with me." Kit offered with a small smile.
 
Last edited:
Ron looked at Roni and almost exploded into fits of laughter. God when she looked at him like that it was both funny and kind of erotic at the same time. She probably had no idea how cute that made her look but it also drove home to him that she was definitely not a 'Kid'.

Clutching at his arm he winced and looked at her with mock tears in his eyes and a big sad face. "You punch me and injure my arm and expect me to shout you to ice cream now mademoiselle. It should be you paying for me." So saying Ron handed her the black card and winked at her. "Well you are in charge now Roni consider me just a tag along. Find us a place that you want to eat in."
 
Back
Top