What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not today, but I'm still giggling. My oldest's facebook status.

"other kids my age: i just wanna find someone to love me! i'm so lonely!

me: dude, you're in middle school. get a teddy bear."

She's so flipping awesome.

That has to be in England/Wales/Scotland. If it were in Canada, the sign would conclude with,

"Thank you."

ETA: From KGBAnswers.co.uk:

"Am I being wound up? Is there a place named Cocking Fuckborough?"

"There is no real place called Cocking Fuckborough. This myth originated from a famously photoshopped image found on the internet. However, there is a Cocking in Midhurst, West Sussex and a Penistone in Sheffield, Barnsley. There’s also a Condom, France. Scotland’s even got a Boysack, Angus on their map. Japan might be the winner with a town called Gofuku."

I live near Slag Lane, my father came from Cockermouth, and the local village has a narrow lane called Squeezebelly Entry. You can always rely on Anglo Saxon for a smile...

That has to be in England/Wales/Scotland. If it were in Canada, the sign would conclude with,

"Thank you."

ETA: From KGBAnswers.co.uk:

"Am I being wound up? Is there a place named Cocking Fuckborough?"

"There is no real place called Cocking Fuckborough. This myth originated from a famously photoshopped image found on the internet. However, there is a Cocking in Midhurst, West Sussex and a Penistone in Sheffield, Barnsley. There’s also a Condom, France. Scotland’s even got a Boysack, Angus on their map. Japan might be the winner with a town called Gofuku."

Fucking, Upper Austria.

overheard on the playground today:

"You're the bad guy."

"ok"

"help!"

"I'll save you"

"but you're the bad guy"

"we have to work together now, the zombies are coming"

"ok, HEY GUYS, PROTECT THE BAD GUY FROM THE ZOMBIES!"

gave me a chuckle. got me thinkin a bit too.

Hahaha I love it!

Love this.

:rose:

overheard on the playground today:

"You're the bad guy."

"ok"

"help!"

"I'll save you"

"but you're the bad guy"

"we have to work together now, the zombies are coming"

"ok, HEY GUYS, PROTECT THE BAD GUY FROM THE ZOMBIES!"

gave me a chuckle. got me thinkin a bit too.

Yesterday I gave notice to my workplace. On 1 december this year, I will be a civillian.

Next year I will be a full time student and a competitive dancer.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for work, frankly couldn't care less if I'm flipping burgers or scrubbing toilets.

Wish I could say I'm scared or worried, but all I feel is hope and a breath of air for the first time in a long while.

Now I just have to live with the hurry up and wait wiggles for the next 7 months.

Was reassigned to a different city for work last week. I took the position because it was a considerable step up, a nice office, and other possibilities. I was told it's a lot more professional at this "new level".

Turned out to be bullshit. The 6 other regional organizers were wearing suits and they were all playing crappy games on their phones and ipads laughing for half the meeting. There was a solid 10 minutes where they argued about strategy for candy crush.

When I was a manager a few levels down a year ago, I spent most of my in auto-snap mode whenever I saw people on their phones. I told them that and one jokingly said "glad I wasn't working under you".

I thought I was in the American Psycho business card scene for a few minutes. I loosened up and got into the flow, had some laughs with them.

Last edited:
My cat turning around on the corner of the bed so I could cuddle her, only she was too close to the edge and almost tumbled off. Too cute :heart:

Yesterday I gave notice to my workplace. On 1 december this year, I will be a civillian.

Next year I will be a full time student and a competitive dancer.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for work, frankly couldn't care less if I'm flipping burgers or scrubbing toilets.

Wish I could say I'm scared or worried, but all I feel is hope and a breath of air for the first time in a long while.

Now I just have to live with the hurry up and wait wiggles for the next 7 months.
Congrats! All best wishes and positive vibes that you can survive the anticipation. As for student-ing and dancing, I think you're going to kick some serious butt! :rose:

Quiet morning laughter of mistakes and misinterpreted things said during a business meeting - I love accidental innuendo.

A rueful laugh/smile: Less than a month ago, I entered a post with a sentence in which I used a singular subject and plural verb, and only recently caught it because someone quoted the post.

I'm so :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back