X-Men: Crossroads IC

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Posts
17,359
Mutation.

It is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward…

This thread is based on the first 2 X-Men movies. If you are interested in participating in this thread do not post here. Go to our OOC thread where you can ask any questions you want there. If you have a concept in mind you should PM me.
 
Prologe

Eighteen Years Ago

The black 1971 Mercedes 300 SEL quietly came to a stop in front of a two floor house. It was a beautiful home, well kept, exactly what you would expect from the house of a college Professor residing within a small community. It was surrounded by a white picket fence, just like all the other homes in the area. In fact the only real difference was the mail box which showed the address (1769), and the surname of Grey on it. Both doors of the car opened simultaneously, however the driver, a man in his early to mid 50s, with a full head of silver colored hair was the first to step out. He wore a black trench coat, and a black fedora with purple trim. His coat was opened so the black suit he was wearing, along with his purple silk tie was very noticeable He walked around to the other side of the car and opened the back door first. He removed a folded up wheel chair and quickly went about opening and making sure it was secure. He then offered his hands to the other passenger, a man who appeared as if he might be around the same age. However since the man had no hair, it was difficult to tell. The silver haired man helped the other... his friend into the chair and then the two of them began to make their way to the house.

"I still don't know why I'm here. Couldn't you just make them say yes?" the silver haired man asked his friend as they came to the gate.

"Yes I couldn't but its not my way...." the bald man replied as the gate in front of him was opened without anyone touching it. The bald man gave the other man a slight look of rebuke. "... and I would expect you of all people would understand my feelings about the misuse of power."

"Ah yes, power corrupts and all that. Yes I know Charles. When are you going to stop lecturing me?" the silver haired man replied with a mischievous smile on his face.

"When you start listening." he replied. Normally this would have been the type of incident that would have led to a.... longer debate, however this time, Professor Charles Francis Xavier, simply returned to the point he was trying to make before the interruption. "Your here because I need you."

At that point the Charles' chair seemed to be coming up off the ground as the silver haired man continued to act as if nothing had happened until the two men reached the top of the houses front porch. "We're not going to have to meet everyone of them in person are we?"

Charles sighed as he shook his head "No, but this one is special."

A few minutes later the two men, Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsher, were seated with Professor John Grey, and his wife Elaine around the small wooden coffee table. She had prepared coffee, tea, and some cookies for them. Now she was looking at the brochure that Professor Xavier had brought them to look at. "It's a beautiful campus." She said "Don't you think hun?"

"Yea its great." was his reply, but his face showed that he was thinking about more serious things. "But what about Jean, what about her illness?" he asked.

"Illness?!" Erik asked in shock. "You think your daughter is sick Mr. Grey?"

"John please."

"Mr.Grey as you recall last year when I helped your daughter I explained to you that what she is going through isn't an illness. Yes she is different then any other 12 year old girl, but she isn't sick." Charles interjected with a calming tone, and if Erik didn't know any better he would have sworn that Charles was using more then that. "Perhaps if we talked to Jean.... alone."

"Of course." replied Mrs. Grey and then called her daughter down to join them.

It didn't take to long for the young red head to make her way down the stairs. Charles smiled as he watched her descending, and wondered if perhaps she was at the top of the stairs listening to their conversation, after all it would have only have been natural. When she arrived she sat down, she just looked at them, without saying anything. John stood up with his wife and quickly headed for the kitchen.

Charles inhaled deeply but didn't say anything. Erik on the other hand looked at the young girl with fascination. {It's very rude my dear to read either my thoughts or Mr. Lehnsher's without our approval.} he voiced telepathically so that only Jean and Erik could hear him.

It was Erik that broke the initial silence that gripped the Grey house." Did you think you were the only one of your kind Young lady?"

She turned and looked at him without speaking, green eyes assessing the older man. . and if expressions were anything.. finding him wanting.

Erik smiled as he looked at his friend, he wasn't a telepath like Charles was, but he was a pretty good at reading people and this little girl was obviously challenging him. Soon everything in the living room that contained metal began to float almost by itself. Erik gave her an 'do I meet your approval now?' look.

Unimpressed, young Jean Grey's response to his show of talent was a show of talent of her own. The furniture within the living room began to rise from the ground - with the occupants of the seats still in them. The house itself seemed to sigh and shudder slightly while outside, every car visible through the window rose from the ground to hover in the air. She still didn't speak, but the expression of challenge in her eyes never wavered. She didn't even show any signs that using her talents caused any effort or strain..

Erik smiled yet again as he was impressed by her show of power, and lack of restraint in using it. However he felt it was time to show her who her better was. He started to impose his will on the furniture with the house (that contained some metal in it), and the vehicles without in order to return them to their previous location. However to his surprise that was easier said then done. This little girl was somehow employing enough force to keep him from doing as he had intended. He turned towards Charles with a even bigger smile "Oh Charles I like this one."

Charles upto this point said nothing, he had chosen rather to watch and learn. "You have more power then you can imagine Jean. The question is will you control that power or will it control you." he told her.

Outside, the cars dropped to the ground with resounding bangs as they hit. Inside, the furniture settled back to the carpet with much the same result. She looked at Charles Xavier then, and for the first time spoke. "Why."

That was something Charles had not expected, in fact the way she was acting this whole time was totally out of character for the little girl that had been brought to him for help after the death of a friend. "Because without control we will eventually destroy ourselves. But more then that we may destroy everything we hold most dear." he replied as he observed her reaction to this rational.

That wasn't what she'd asked. "Why should I trust you."

"Because I know what your going through. I've been through it myself." he said as he opened his mind to her and allowed her to see what he wanted her to see. How he felt all alone when his powers first began to manifest. The fear in his step brother mind when Charles had accidentally read his mind. The greed in his step father's mind when he realized what Charles could do. Charles showed her some of his struggles as a boy and a young man as he fought to learn to use his abilities by himself. "What I want to do Jean is show you that your not alone. To give you the benefit of my experience and to teach you the things I had to learn with no one's help. But only you can decide if you believe what I am saying is true, and if it is enough for you to trust me and my intentions."

"You don't know anything about me.. or what is going on in my head.." she spat out at him. "You're just like all the rest!"

"No Jean I'm not. Others will fear you because of what you can do, and others still will despise you. I just want to help you, so that you can live as happy and normal a life as you can." he told her. "And your right I don't know what is going on in your head. Like you I could easily look, however I want to respect your privacy. Now if you want you can share what's inside with me, but its your choice. Just as ultimately is the decision on whether or not you wish to come to my school and study there. To learn side by side other children with abilities equally as unique as your own. And even if you decide not to come I will always be there if you need my help." he promised her.

"You act like I get a choice," she answered. "My parents don't want me here.. that means I get shipped off whether its with you or someone else.. it doesn't make a difference."

"That's not true Jean." Charles told her. "Your parents love you and only want what's best for you. If they didn't love you they wouldn't have come looking for me over a year ago to help you after Annie's death. If they didn't love you, they'd let you go about as you are, until you hurt yourself or worse." Charles sighed and then made eye contact with her. He looked out of the corner of his eye and saw some movement behind him. {Go ahead and look inside their mind just this once. You'll see that I'm telling the truth. They love you so much, even now they aren't sure what to do. They want to keep you here with them, but they also want what's best for you. To give you the best chance of living a normal life. I believe I can help you accomplish that.} Charles spoke to her telepathically.

::Right..:: She sent back. :: As if a kid has a choice in anything the adults decide..::

{What would you like to do Jean?} Charles asked genuinely interested in what she wanted. {If the choice was yours what would you do?}


After a moment she said simply, "I don't know.."

"How about we make a barging? You give me and my school one year. if you don't like it there, or feel you haven't learned anything that could help you, you can return home with your parents and I'll never bother you again." he proposed.

After pausing to consider his request, and look Xavier and Lensherr both over with her striking green eyes.. she nodded once.

A few minutes later Charles and Erik left the Grey house and were on their way back to Westchester. It was Erik that broke the silence "Charles when you said special that was an understatement. The power in that child must be amazing." he remarked with for Erik was an almost giddy voice.

"I've been keeping an eye on her for over a year now. I helped her last year when her parents came to me on the recommendation of a mutual friend. Two years ago Jean was playing with her best friend Annie. Annie was hit by a car, Jean rushed to her side and held the little girl in her arms. As you can imagine she was in great emotional distress. Well that distress is what triggered her power, she soon found herself inside the mind of her friend as she died. She felt everything that Annie felt as she passed, it was only a miracle that Jean was able to pull out of her friend's mind before she herself was lost. Erik a few weeks ago I used Cerebro on her, the results were off the scale. I believe Jean to be the most powerful mutant if not one of the most powerful ever. In fact as a result of her I've had to recalibrate Cerebro to include a class 5 rating for mutants. Of which she is definitely the first." Charles told his old friend.

tbc....
 
Cyclops

The Present

"That was pathetic people. We'll do it again until we get it right." Scott said through the loud speaker. His voice was steady and unemotional, he was dressed in his black uniform, it was a newer version of the Material Compressed Kevlar / Unstable Molecule mesh suit that he had worn in the past. Instead of the black suit with the gold triming, this one was black with silver trimming, and patches of dark blue on the shoulders and the sides of the jacket. As had become the norm of late he was wearing his visor instead of his glasses, the ruby quartz that made the lens hiding the pain he was feeling from others. However the heavy stuble, and the grim look on his face of late gave away what he was feeling even if his eyes weren't. He reset the instruments and watched from the observation as the room below turned into the visage of a war torn urban area. Soon explosions began to go off, lasers hitting at the feet of the people running around below.

It wasn't long before the scene below changed in the mind of Scott Summers, soon he was surrounded by freezing cold water, he was unable to breath, fighting trying to reach the surface, but then he realized that it wasn't him that it was Jean. Jean the woman that Scott loved more then life itself had died saving the lives of the X-Men and their students, his life, just 5 short months ago. And since the he had been wondering if his life had been worth saving. He had always said he would rather die then see her hurt or worse, and yet when it came time he was helpless to do anything to keep her from dying.

Scott was so distracted by his self pity that he hadn't noticed that instead of resetting the Danger Room to level 3 with a gradual increase to level 7. Instead the scenario began with level 7.

(Okay X-Men let's have some fun with the danger room gone crazy)
 
Sebastian Shaw

Location: Shaw Industries HQ, NY

"Why have you spent so much time and money in developing this cure when those same resources could have been put to good use in other places." A reporter from Fox News asked the CEO of Shaw Industries.

"Mutants are people just like us. The only difference is that they're suffering from a disease. Granted in most cases it's not a life threatening one, but it's a disease none the less. How can I stand by and watch so many of my fellow human beings suffer." Sebastian replied.

He paused for a few seconds as he thought over what he was going to say next. "I stand here today to tell you that there's hope for all mutants that chose it. Finally we have a cure." He said with a smile and then motioned that he wasn't going to take anymore questions, left the podium and headed back to his office on the top floor. All along he had a smile on his face as he thought about how easy it was to manipulate the press.
 
Slowly a yellow cab pulls up to the drive way of a farily large school. Upn the closer look of the sign on the front gate where the words Charles Xavier school for the gifted.

" Here you are sir" The cabbie replied as he pulled to a stop " That'll be 20.50' He added as he looked at the meter.

" Thanks " A man in back replied as he handed the man $25 dollars " Keep the change" He added as he step out. The man was dressed nicely black slacks, white shirt with a red tie over that he had on a medium long coat. his medium long black hair was tied back. The man looked young but with him wearing black sunglasses it was hard to tell how old he was.

" You sure you don't need help up there" The cabbie asked as he saw the man wearing dark black sunglasses.

" Nah Mate I'll be fine" The man added as he pulled out two suit case form the trunk.

The stranger slowly walked up the path and saw the cab driver turn around and drive off into the distance.

" Well here goes" he replied as he walked up the drive way and onto the front steps. The man quickly sat down his luggage and gave the door bell a ring.

" How did it come to this" He asked himself shaking his head in Disbelief
He had used his powers to help a few kids, next he got a letter and a phone call for him to meet a person called Proffesor Xavier.

" Lets see what he has to offer" he added as he waited for the door to open not knowing what to expect or the out come of this meeting.
 
Kenny had been walking around just enjoying his free period. Things had changed so much around the Institute since Dr. Grey had died. They were both telekinetics, and truth was he felt comfortable around her. Now things were just... different.

Kenny was snapped out of his duldrums by the sound of the doorbell. He walked over to the door and opened it. The 11 year old boy looked up at the stranger. "Yeah?"
 
Sebastian Shaw

Sebastian entered the large, and expensively decorated room that was his office. Filled with art from around the world and a few Greek statues. He walked over to the bar and poured himself a small glass of Scotch before then heading to his mahogany desk. He took a drink and then sat down and began to look at the messages that had been left for him. Most of them could either wait until tomorrow, or else needed no return. But there was one that caught his eye immediately. He picked up his phone typed in 3 digits initiating the speed dial function. He could hear the ringing indicating the call was being made, and then a female voice answered. "Yes this is Sebastian Shaw, calling for Dr. Essex"

"Oh yes, Doctor Essex has been expecting your call Mr. Shaw. One moment please"

After a few moments another voice came on the phone, this time obviously male, and Irish. "Yes Mr. Shaw thank you for responding so quickly."

"Yes yes doctor, your message said it was important." Sebastian replied

"The latest trial on patient X was successful Mr. Shaw. Not only did it suppress the mutant gene, but it also did it far faster than any of our previous attempt." Dr. Essex told him.

"How long has the latest formula lasted Doctor?" Sebastian asked him. All the previous attempts had yet to last longer then 24 hours. Which all though promising, was a far cry from the cure he had just said he had on worldwide television.

Essex looked at his watch "Now going on his 72nd hour." he answered with great joy in his voice.

"Although that is good news Doctor, that is a far cry from success. Call me..." Sebastian was cut off before he could finish his last statement.

"No you don't understand Mr. Shaw. When we entered the 70th hour, I immediately began running tests to see if the formula was breaking down in his system like all the others did. But there was no breakdown, not only that but when we did a DNA analysis we discovered that the patient's mutant gene was gone." Essex told him.

"Doctor are you telling me that you've actually done it. It's not just a temporary thing, you've actually found away to suppress the mutant gene?" the smile on Sebastian's face was slowly growing.

"No Mr. Shaw, I am not saying we've discovered a way to surpress the mutant gene. What I'm saying is that the newest formula completely removes it from a person's genetic make up."

"But how is that possible, none of the other attempts have yielded such results."

"I don't know yet Mr. Shaw, perhaps the cure itself has mutated or evolved to the point that it could do things that none of the other samples were capable of. We're running tests on the current formula as well as follow up tests on patient X. If we learn anything new I will of course let you know. Either way you should be proud of your accomplishment Mr. Shaw, if this formula does indeed turn out to work you have ushered in a new era. Perhaps even have found away to fend off the on coming Apocalypse."

"Oh yes Doctor I am definitely proud. Just a bit surprised is all. That's excellent news Doctor, I will be in touch with you tomorrow I have some calls that I need to make." Sebastian told him, and then after hearing the doctor give his farewells he hung up. He then dialed another number. "This is Sebastian Shaw, I need to talk to Emma Frost."

To be Continued.
 
Last edited:
IC: Iceman, Danger room, X-mansion

Bobby skidded around the corner of a fallen building before the giant robot this Danger Room program had as their opponent could see him. It was big, like forty or fifty feet tall.

He shook his head. "Seems Cyclops has been reading one too many comic books," He thought. Still when in a world where guys walked around with metal bones and claws from his hands or could shoot freezing cold ice sprays from his hands there wasn't much point in quibbling over the improbabilty of someone building a fifty foot tall mutant hunting robot.

It was also a relief he disliked the programs that put him up against people. He knew if he really wanted to become an X-man he'd have to get over it, but it was much easier facing off against robots for him right now than people. With the big robot there he didn't have to worry about causing him frostbite or death by hypothermia.

"MUTANT DETECTED," the Robot's metallic sounded voice boomed out. "UNIT 001 MOVING TO APPREHEND." The ground shook as the robot began walking towards him through buildings and ontop of junkheaps.

"Apprehend this," He quipped as he sprayed a thick solid layer of ice on the ground between them. The flat footed robot slipped on the Ice-rink slicked ground and shook the ground as it fell face first into the toppled building Bobby had hid behind. He staggered back as it collapsed where had stood.

"The bigger they are the harder...hey..." He stammered as the robot began to lift itself from the rubble of the building.

"Smooth, Bobby, quit wasting your time making lame saturday morning cartoon quips and deal with the freakin' robot already." He began spraying the head dropping the temperture of the electronics inside. He knew from personal experience that electronics especially computers disliked the cold and really couldn't stand moisture and cold at the same time. It was how he ruined his Mac afterall. The robot began shaking like it was having an epyliptic fit and fell back on to the ruined house.

Bobby smiled. "Oh yeah, I just aced this exam. Let's see Logan find something wrong with my performance this time."

Then a laser beam just narrowly missed taking his head off. He looked back behind him to see another set of lights in the sky as another giant robot was striding through ruined buildings towards him. "MUTANT DETECTED. UNIT 002 MOVING TO APPREHEND."

Something was wrong. Level 3 of this program was only supposed to have one of the giant robots. It let off another laser blast followed by another both narrowly missing him. Bobby did the only thing a sensible person would do in the situation and started running.

Tag: anyone in the Danger Room
 
Last edited:
Rogue jumped over the wiring blocking her path, She rolled as a blast came at her. Hissing in a breath as she landed a little bit awkwardly. She may not have one of the best abilities but that didn't mean she couldn't work on her speed, and fighting skills. Better now then when it was actually needed and the Danger room was the perfect place to practice.

She took a turn, flattening herself against a wall like surface. That was when everything seemed to go crazy. Her eyes widened as she looked to see that the robots had multiplied. "What in the hell?" She did what she figured was the only thing to do. She ran and tried to avoid the blasts.
 
Last edited:
Kitty Pride was having a blast pulling the smaller robots into the floor halfway and leaving them at that before she phased herself back into the room. She stood in front of one and gave it one of her cutest smiles before she did a spinning kick and removed its metal head form body. She laughed and did a back flip landing in her usual crouch as Shadowcat.

She was startled when the blast that landed next to her knocked her backwards for about 10 feet before she stopped rolling. Shaking her head she looked around to see the other X-men battling their own robots. "This can't be right.Level 3 Doesnt get this intense."She said to herself asshe saw Bobby(Iceman) running towards her. She felt hitackle her and they rolled from where she had stood seconds ago,the hole in the floor told her something was wrong.

Standing she looked over at Bobby and grinned,"Feel like playing Tag with the big guy?"She asked as she took hold of his upper arms. She had done this with him once before in a training by phasing them both into the florr then having him grab legs of the robot to pull downward into the floor before she re-phased them out and the robot stuuck.

She looked at him waiting for him to give her the Okay. She grinned loving the training room but even more when she got to work hans on with the memberes. SOmetimes she was in class and couldnt attend as often as she wanted to but she would be graduating in 2 weeks and her 19th birthday was a week away.
 
" Well hello there" The man replied as he looked at the boy who openned the door for him. From his apperance he figured he was near 11 or 12

" my name is Kris Order I recived a letter to come here" Kris replied looking at the boy " What is your name kid" Kris asked the boy

After a moment of silence he heard the boy tell him it was Kenny

" Its good to meet you kenny may i come in" He asked him with a friendly smile on his face. Kris watched as the boy moved out of the, picking up his luggage he walked into the manson. It was large with many rooms and stairs.

" Wow this is a nice place" Kris replied as he sat his belongings down on the floor and pushed his glasses back on his face.

" I have a meeting with Proffesor Charles Xavier do you know where he is?" Kris asked kenny as he looked around. As he did he noticed several other kids running around enjoying there free time
 
IC: Iceman, Danger Room, X-mansion

OOC: Tough keeping up with people, let me redo this one.
 
Last edited:
Rogue tried to avoid the robots but every time she seemed to get one off of her tail, another found her. She couldn't help but wonder what the hold up was on someone ending the experience. She ducked from something aimed at her head, narrowly saving herself from an injury.

Just as she was pretty much being cornered by two robots and was about to take off yet again, she spotted Bobby & Kitty. She made her way over to them, running and avoiding the blasts. She finally made it to them. "Not just me they've got it in for then. What is going on with this thing? It's chaos."
 
Last edited:
Kenny looked at the man. "The Professor is teaching a class right now. But let me take you to his office. You can wait for him there." Kenny told him and then proceeded to walk him towards the office.

"So what are you here for? You look to old to be coming here for school."
 
IC: Iceman, Danger Room, X-mansion

Bobby jumped over a heap of rubble as lasers blasted the ground around him. Asphalt shrapnel pelting him.

"That Hurts," He thought wiping a small nick he had recieved on his cheek, "This is definately not level 3...more like level 6 or 7 or something but not level 3, and we're all seperated and sitting ducks for these things. Where's Logan he's supposed to be this exam's head teacher here. Unless he's the one that upped the ante on us. All those lectures on how we weren't ready for combat...maybe he decided to prove his point by boosting the program's difficulty level."

He nearly plowed into Kitty before she used her power to sink them both down into the floor. The robot blasted the ground where they used to have been breaking a water main when that spat a geyser of water as high as the robot’s eyes.

"Feel like playing Tag with the big guy,” She asked.

“Actually,” He smiled as he stepped over to the geyser from the broken pipe, “I have an idea. You go pull him down and keep him in place and I’ll take him out like this.” He placed his hand on the sides of the geyser and used his powers to freeze it partially bending it until it hit the robot in the face. Then making large solid chunks of ice that was pushed by the force of the geyser into the robot hammering it right on its head.

Then Rogue scrabled into their little foxhole saying, "Not just me they've got it in for then. What is going on with this thing? It's chaos."

“Nah,” He said sending his girlfriend what he hoped was an encouraging smile, “I bet it’s just Logan’s way of showing us how not ready to be X-men we are, but we'll show him. We're gonna ace this little session, right?”

Tag: BabyGurl, SexyBabe
 
Last edited:
Kenny looked at the man. "The Professor is teaching a class right now. But let me take you to his office. You can wait for him there." Kenny told him and then proceeded to walk him towards the office.

"So what are you here for? You look to old to be coming here for school."


Kris slowly followed the boy into the office

" Well after a incident with several other mutants who where being bothered by humans" Kris began as he followed kenny " I used my power and helped them out." Kris added as he walked into the office. " I beleive they claimed they where studnets here" He added as he looked around the office

The office was fairly big a large wooden desk was infornt on him with a computer on one side. On the other side where stack of papers and folders there was a book case filled with many books on differnet subjects some of them he had read a long time ago.

" I'm not to sure what he wants to talk about" Kris replied as he took a seat in a chair that was in front of the desk.

" So Kenny tell me what kind of a man is the Proffesor" he asked kenny
 
Rogue gave a grin to Bobby, She thought over what he said. It was the Danger room sure, but it was all under control, even if she did feel a bit of uneasiness, Bobby's theory was a plausible one. Figuring she was worrying just a tad too much, she mentally shrugged. Even though her mind was racing she decided not to let it bother her...For now at least.

Rogue pulled her gloves up a little. "You're probably right Bobby, though we can't stay here forever...Is there anything I can do to help? Besides trying to avoid things hitting me?" She offered. Figuring she'd rather be doing something then just standing around. She looked over the room, wondering how long Logan's 'Teach them a lesson.' plan would last.
 
Kitty grinned as the plan Bobby came up with work..for that robot. The others semmed to be multiplying. She flipped sideways away from Rogue and Bobby until she found herself in a corner. "Ahh..damn."She whispered to herself knowing Logan would be upset with her for allowing herself to wall herself in.

Cyclops would also surely gripe about it. She turned hoping to phase back to the center of the room when the metal hand latched onto her leg and set her into a whirlwind spin through the air. Her mind struggled to focus enough to hphase before she it the wall. The spinning motion made it hard to keep her equilibrium.

The solid wall met her small body and the loud "Ummph" slid from her lips as she slammed down to the floor. She reached for her wrist com and hit the button. "Cyclops! What the hell is going on?"She yelled into it before dropping therough the floor.She didnt not realise she had dropped too far and landed with a thud ontop of Professor X's desk. Papers and books went flying.

She raised her aching body to see a new face sitting in a chair and then slowly turned her head glad not to see Professor X staring at her. She felt the air thicken as she tried to give the new guy her trademark smile,siding off his desk.

'Sorry,. Workout just got intense without us knowing ahead of time. I got carried away and wound up here."She said knowing she was babbling.She looked at the new guy and blushed before she moved towards the door,hoping the lecture would wait since the new guy was there.
 
Kris's attention was quickly turned to the desk after hearing a loud thud on top of it. Kris slwoly watched as the papers settle back down onto the floor and saw a girl on top of the desk. The girl was wearing a black uniform of a type of durable material it seemed like it was made to fit her body.

When he heard her say work out got a little intense he was shocked work out it look like it was more a fighitng to stay alive. Then again he was not one to complain since some of the workouts he did was considered harsh.

" workout okay " Kris replied as he saw her moving towards the door of the room.

" Before you leave can i have the pleasure of knowing your name" Kris asked as he turned around in the chair and looked at her. with a friendly smile on his face he told her his own name " I'm called Kris Order "

Kris took the time as he waited for her to answer to go over her she seemed like a friendly person and over all very preaty, from the way her face looked and how her figure looked he could only figure that she may have been in her late teens close to her early twenties.

" Well maybe after my talk with the proffesor you can give me a tour" Kris added as he repostion himself in the chair

reaching into his pocket he slowly pulls out a pocket watch the watched looked fairly old as he openned it a faint chime . As he read the time which said it was near 11:25 Kris quickly closed the watch and replaced it back into his pocket
 
Last edited:
Cyclops

Cyclops had zoned out and lost in his own thoughts. His mind replaying the events at Alakali Lake just a few months ago. Replaying his failure as a leader, and the death of the woman he loved. As such he didn't see Shadowcat disappear through the top of the danger room, nor did he see the half tanks, half robot looking machines making their way towards Rogue and Iceman. The cannon that was where an arm would be on a human was still smoking leading one to believe that was the machine that was slowly pinpointing the two young X-Men. The other was targeting the debries that was for now hiding and protecting them and soon was firing it's gattling gun, weakening it while the other continued on its trek towards their location.
 
Storm

"Scott!!" Storm screamed horrified as she walked into the simulation room and saw the frightening scene greeting her through the viewing window. Getting no response from Scott who was staring into space, Storm walked past him and stopped the simulation dead in its tracks.

She opened the door and rushed to where Rogue and Bobby were huddled together, scared out of their minds.

"Are you guys alright?" she asked helping them up and giving them both a re-assuring hug. "Where is Kitty?" she asked quickly. "She must have phased too far out," Storm answered her own question. "Don't worry, you both did exceedingly well - that was a full fledged level 7 simulation and all three of you handled it extremely well," Storm said supportively as she ushered them out of the room. "Go and take a break, I quickly need to discuss something with Scott," she said pushing them both out of the simulation control room and shutting the door behind them.

For a moment she stood with her hands on the handle to brace herself for the discussion that was about to take place. Storm slowly turned around and looked at Scott pensively for a few seconds. He was still staring into space, not even aware of what had happened in the last few minutes or the fact that she was standing in the room with him. She carefully moved closer, put her hands on either side of his face and forced him to look at her. "Scott," she said gently, "Can you hear me?"

His eyes focussed on Storm, the unfathomable sorrow emanating from the core of his being.

"Scott, I know you are hurting ... we all are. It wasn't your fault, it was no-one's fault. She made the decision and she did it to save us all," Storm said, tears brimming in her eyes. "Don't beat yourself up like this Scott, I can't bear to watch it."

She bit her bottom lip trying desperately to control the pain that was threatening to plunge her into ragged sobs. She closed her eyes for a second and then opened them to focus her intense gaze on Scott. "I think you need to take a break honey, you are pushing yourself too hard … you haven't given yourself time to grieve. You need to let her go,” Storm said squeezing his shoulders trying to give him the strength and support that she could see he so desperately needed right now.
 
Last edited:
Cyclops

"Your wrong Storm. They didn't do well. We didn't do well. We failed. We not only failed them, we failed the trust their parents put in us to keep them safe, and we failed ourselves and as a result Jean died." He said no emotion in his voice.

She said he had to greeve. He had greeved and yet the pain was still there. It was as if a part of his soul had been ripped away from him. There were times he wondered if he would ever get it back. He turned to face the controls and immediately began to look over the data the Danger Room computers had collected.
 
Storm

Storm stood dumbstruck for a second unable to wrap her mind around what he had just said. "How can you say that we fail Scott? What we have achieved at this school is nothing short of a miracle, despite all the insurmountable challenges that we’ve faced through the years; we have managed to teach all of these kids to control their powers and to do it for the right reasons. That is not a failure,” she said, getting angry at him.

“What happened to Jean was a tragedy, an event that escalated to a point that was completely out of everyone’s control. There was nothing that any of us could have done to save her Scott, Nothing!”

“Are you listening to yourself?” Storm breathed, not sure that she knew the person that was sitting in front of her. The Scott she knew would never say something like that.
 
Last edited:
Kitty slid off of the Professor's table glad he wasnt there to see it. She stopped with her hand on the door knob at Kris' question. She looked back at him over her shoulder."I'm Kitty..Kitty Pride.She said softly as she opened the door. "And if the Professor doesnt ground me I would like that."She said as she peered out into the hallway.

Seeing the coast was clear she moved quickly down the hallway to just get a glimpse of Rogue and Booby vanish around the corner. She slolwy opened the dor into the control room and stopped. She had never seen Scott or Storm so upset. She knew Scott still hurt over Jean's death,they all did. She wished he would let them help him.She looked at Storm as she rubbed the bruise forming on her Elbow from landing on the professors desk.

"Storm....Cyclops....I'm Sorry. I failed this time. I phased too far out. I still need to figure out how to judge my phasing distance."She said softly as she moved close to Storm. She touched her arm softly looking back at Scott.

"If we are done,Can I go to my rooms now. I dont think Professor is going to be happy with me. I kinda used his desk as a landing pad."She said softly waiting for Storm or Scott to answer her.
 
Back
Top