How many sexual partners have you had?

Number of partners you have had sex with. :)

• Total voters
Hmmm... don't think so? Unless it was an experience with the same gender? Hard to say. Mutual masturbation =no, I think and oral? Maybe. I am mostly referring to actual 2 bodies rubbing sex though. Lol. (Er..guess they don't HAVE to rub..lol.) It's kind of hard to define what actually counts as sex though. I've had this discussion with people before.

Then for simplicity's sake let's stick to penetrative sex. That will reduce both confusion and numbers. :)

Just my loving wife of 25 yrs. Although we started dating in high school and you can imagine why I stayed with her this long. :)

I'm old enough to realize that it isn't the number that counts, it's the quality. Better to have great sex with a few than piss poor (perhaps bad choice of words given some of the preferences here) sex with a hundred. I much more fondly remember the ladies who were fabulous than those who were dead fish.

Then for simplicity's sake let's stick to penetrative sex. That will reduce both confusion and numbers. :)

I call B.S. on this. Oral sex sure as hell does count as sex. Dayum people really? A hole's a hole's a hole........... Guy sticks his dick in it it's sex.... Girls, don't like that idea? Tough, it's the same damned thing..... Guys don't like it cause it might make you Bi? Stop denying what you are then..... Same for girls using tongues..... And girls on girls? Fingers and anything else you use is sex too....

Fer fuck's sake some guys count knots in trees as partners and that's pretty damned close to the truth.... Blow up dolls I'll give as masturbation.... Same for dildos.... But Oh my damned goddess, if it happened between two consenting people it's sex...... Anything else is a cop out......

I call B.S. on this. Oral sex sure as hell does count as sex. Dayum people really? A hole's a hole's a hole........... Guy sticks his dick in it it's sex.... Girls, don't like that idea? Tough, it's the same damned thing..... Guys don't like it cause it might make you Bi? Stop denying what you are then..... Same for girls using tongues..... And girls on girls? Fingers and anything else you use is sex too....

Fer fuck's sake some guys count knots in trees as partners and that's pretty damned close to the truth.... Blow up dolls I'll give as masturbation.... Same for dildos.... But Oh my damned goddess, if it happened between two consenting people it's sex...... Anything else is a cop out......

Fundamentally, I agree with you. The world doesn't exactly work that way, however. When does a woman lose her virginity? Nearly everyone would say when she has sex--meaning, when her pussy is penetrated by a penis. How does that work for lesbians? I have no idea. Few people would consider petting in the back seat of a car having "sex", and most teens don't consider oral sex as having "sex", but to some degree, all of it is sex.

I used to have a client who was born and raised in Turkey, a primarily Islamic country. He was a big fan of anal sex--he practiced it since he was a teenager. Why? Because the Muslim girls wouldn't have intercourse--they couldn't get married if they weren't virgins on their wedding night. But anal sex was seen by most as a way to get around that barrier. They didn't consider it "sex."

It seems reasonable that any time two or more people are involved and they are touching one another, that it should be considered sex. Yet, there are countless examples where cultural and other conflicting agendas lead to a different result.

Fundamentally, I agree with you. The world doesn't exactly work that way, however. When does a woman lose her virginity? Nearly everyone would say when she has sex--meaning, when her pussy is penetrated by a penis. How does that work for lesbians? I have no idea. Few people would consider petting in the back seat of a car having "sex", and most teens don't consider oral sex as having "sex", but to some degree, all of it is sex.

I used to have a client who was born and raised in Turkey, a primarily Islamic country. He was a big fan of anal sex--he practiced it since he was a teenager. Why? Because the Muslim girls wouldn't have intercourse--they couldn't get married if they weren't virgins on their wedding night. But anal sex was seen by most as a way to get around that barrier. They didn't consider it "sex."

It seems reasonable that any time two or more people are involved and they are touching one another, that it should be considered sex. Yet, there are countless examples where cultural and other conflicting agendas lead to a different result.

And they are one and all cop outs to cover the fact that they are having sex. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it IS a duck in most cases. Sex is such a case...... Anyone trying to say otherwise is copping out and trying to keep their hands "clean".... I don't believe that way....

<<< I used to have a client who was born and raised in Turkey, a primarily Islamic country. He was a big fan of anal sex--he practiced it since he was a teenager. Why? Because the Muslim girls wouldn't have intercourse--they couldn't get married if they weren't virgins on their wedding night. But anal sex was seen by most as a way to get around that barrier. They didn't consider it "sex." >>>

I would say that rational is full of shit (no pun intended). Oral sex = sex Anal sex = sex It grates on me to think that a girl could say she's a virgin after taking it up the ass and sucking cock like crazy. I had to laugh at a line in the old movie "Clerks" where they were kidding a girl (who I think claimed she wasn't promiscuous) because she had admitted to sucking 47 cocks. OK, so teenaged girls maybe do (or did do) anal or oral to keep from getting pregnant, but honey...... day was havin' sex in dis ol coot's book. I'd like to see her try to convince her parents that she wasn't having sex. That story didn't fly when Bill Clinton tried it.

As a woman who learned a value system from her husband, any orgasm is sex (so masturbation is sex). It's considered sex if only one of a couple has an orgasm like creaming in his jeans. Even with that broad of a definition, my number of partners is less than a handful.

Seems the issue is maybe different polls for different orifices. How many partners have you had for ORAL - VAGINAL - ANAL? I'll even admit my answers, 1,1,0.

As a woman who learned a value system from her husband, any orgasm is sex (so masturbation is sex). It's considered sex if only one of a couple has an orgasm like creaming in his jeans. Even with that broad of a definition, my number of partners is less than a handful.

Seems the issue is maybe different polls for different orifices. How many partners have you had for ORAL - VAGINAL - ANAL? I'll even admit my answers, 1,1,0.

Too many for decent company, same, same.......

Too many for decent company, same, same.......

I think you have a lot of company actually.

Being a polar opposite, I still respect your life choices as being what was meaningful for you. I don't expect you think I'm weird for being one man's woman my whole life.

26-30, different women ( so yeah, I was a dog ), all before getting married, and most of those before the onset of Aids ( late 70's very early 80's ) been completely monogamous ( 19 years ) since getting married ( and tested before ), so I know that I'm perfectly clean. In today's world and time, there is absolutely no way I'd fool around nearly as freely as I did back then...a recipe for disaster today, unless your very careful and know your partners honest history. Even then, I would think there are risks involved...though I do say I think A LOT about other women...probably WAY more than I should :) Having my wife's drive settling down, due to recent menopause doesn't help matters much :(

EDIT: I think that should be renamed: Men-at-Pause

Last edited:
Very well said!

Thank you!

I think I'm a statistical anomaly here.

Number of women slept with before marriage: 2

Number of women slept with after marriage: 3

(And before you think poorly of me, my wife signs off on everyone I fuck.)

If I count the number of people with whom I've had (or caused to have had) orgasms, then I come up with 30+. I am happy to say that I only truly regret about four of them. I've been pretty lucky in that regard, probably because the guys I tend to like are easygoing and cool.

I think you have a lot of company actually.

Being a polar opposite, I still respect your life choices as being what was meaningful for you. I don't expect you think I'm weird for being one man's woman my whole life.

Not at all do I think you're wierd..... There's times I envy folk like you as a matter of fact. My old life style is still paying the bills for my current life style so I don't regret it.... Damned glad I didn't squander that part of my life....

i haven't had many partners 4 being the max, 3 men and 1 woman. i'm the type to be involved and not to stray. so my number is low, but i love my kinky little fantasies. and i'm finally with a man to help me fufill those. :D

4 for me including hubbie (1 one night stand, 2 relationships, 1 marriage)
16 for him including me (1 marriage, 4 relationships, 11 'others' (to quote him))

Well I suppose it depends on how old you are, im 74 so as far as I can remember, I have had many before, after I got married. but dont tell anybody the wifes does not know ;)

Back