Festive Cruise - Open

DeliciousMaiden

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Posts
15,258
Erica%20Jane09129.jpg


It was Natasha’s first Christmas cruise. She had worked for cruise lines for the past 3 years. From her first appointment as one of the ‘entertainment team’ she had progressed to the ‘show team; and now was finally employed as a ‘singer’. Usually this involved her singing in the lounge bar and occasionally taking a role in the west end themed ‘shows’. Her pace of life had been somewhat less hectic than that of the entertainment or show team, but this Christmas cruise setting off at the beginning of December and docking on 3rd January was proving a demanding schedule. Still, it wasn’t as if Natasha had any special reason to be around at Christmas and the wages paid for work spanning both festive periods was not insubstantial to a girl of her means.

Sipping her iced water, she caught the eye of her pianist, Nicholas, she saw that he was ready to start the set. A quick check of the clock reassured her that it was 7 pm. She was singing on the earlier shift this evening so that she could be available as understudy to the evening shows as one of the leads was having voice issues. It was always a fine line between pushing a hoarse throat and ‘singing through’ it. They could only hope that this wasn’t going to lead to an illness that would necessitate a reorganisation of the entertainment team during this busy season.

”Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the Horizon Lounge ... “

Natasha murmured, the tone of this performance being subtle background entertainment. With a nod at Nicholas, she began with a soft rendition of “... Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas... “ followed by other Christmas themed favourites of what she termed a “soft crooning* nature ...
 
Last edited:
Ooc:

I know threads with multiple players don't often work, but I thought I'd set a scene that could be offered to a range of players...

If there is alot of interest then everyone can pursue their own interests and there can be opportunity for interaction between crew and holiday makers as the opportunities occur.

If we have a smaller group then I'd obviously like some interaction occur around Natasha, but I'm not necessarily expecting my character to be the main focus of this story.

Just throwing this out there for interest and to see how things progress.
.... and I've not yet been specific re: location geographically for the cruise and am open to options re: this also...

If you're interested, just post a character and get started ...
I'm assuming we're at the beginning of our adventure, perhaps a couple of days in and everyone is finding their feet and perhaps 'connecting' with others ...

Any comments/suggestions then please PM
Enjoy!
DM :rose: x
 
ShayMitchell.png

Grace, her friends also like to call her Gracie, sat at an empty table while the guitarist testing his sound and then the singer speaking through the mic. She sighed and wanted to be invisible since she was all alone in the big entertainment room. She looked down at her gold watch and let a second sign escaped her rosy lips. "Late again," she murmured about her girl friends. She should had known better than showing up at 7, on the dot. Knowing her friends, they won't sluggishly show until 30 after.

"Oh, thank goodness. You're my savior!" she exclaimed playfully when the waiter set a fresh cosmo on her table. He smiled but then was call away to a full table. Gracie was once again alone. She sipped the alcohol hungrily before leaned back on her chair. "I'm gonna kill them," she murmured, but kept a cool expression.

((OOC: Brain farts right now... Ugh, such a horrible intro! My apology))
 
Melissa Gallovich, A native European of the Adenines walked among the passengers aboard the cruise ship. This was her first get away from the company and she was going to enjoy it. Her eyes traveled from her kindle fire to several of the guests that were somewhat loud in their Christmas cheer, but it was that time of year and maybe if she would let her hair down she just might be as loud as them. The thought of her tossing that owner suit away for this trip was very tantalizing to her.

She dodged a few waiters as they were busy trying to server everyone with the best speed they could give. She smiled at them and nodded her approval of their gallant attempt. It felt good to smile, a thing that she hardly ever done in the real world. Her, being a female owner of a high tech security research and development corporation required her to be hard twenty-four seven. But this night was her night and there wasn’t anyone going to ruin it. Kindle off, phone off, pager off, she smiled at her accomplishment.

She mingled around the tables, taking in the beauty of the room, and the people abroad. She really had no where to go or anyone to see so she seemed a little lost to those who observed her. She stopped when the young lady moved up and welcomed everyone. She was a very attractive young woman and her voice as amazing. She felt as if she should take a seat, but didn’t want to for she was close enough to see the young girl exceptionally well from where she was.
 
Last edited:
Natasha

The more ‘celebratory’ cruisers tended to be drawn to the more popular bar areas and other forms of entertainment such as the Casino, the Karaoke and club-style sections. Here in the Horizon Bar, they seemed to cater for more sedate tastes. Even so, at the far side Natasha could see an animated group obviously keen to get into the Christmas spirit early. She noted the waiter moving skillfully from table to table ensuring service was prompt and courteous. The drinking code on the ship clearly stated that being ‘drunk and disorderly’ was unacceptable, but she had never seen such extreme behaviour on the travels she had worked on. She wondered briefly if this would be problematic as Christmas Day and then more significantly New Year's Eve were celebrated in future weeks....

A glance towards Nicholas cued him in to produce an extended piano solo in the mid-section of “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire ... “ giving Natasha an opportunity to take a sip of water and gaze out at the clients who were assembled more closely in 'her' section of the bar. The majority seemed to be actively listening to and appreciating the music if the scattering of applause after songs was any indication. Of course, some were engaged in conversation and tuned in and out of her performance depending on the song being sung, Natasha guessed that some songs held more significance than others to them and their attention fluctuated accordingly.

There were groups, couples and singles and even in this short time people were beginning to get to know each other. Some seemed sociable and drawn towards fellow travellers, others preferred to remain separate, to observe others from their own 'unit'. Not for the first time Natasha considered that the innovation of an adult-only Christmas cruise was a curious creation and found herself uncharacteristically curious as to what type of person would take such an excursion. Like her, she surmised, the people who assembled here must have no family ties and unlike her, they must have enough financial stability to fund a cruise of around 6 weeks in length, the price of which she had learned being at a premium due to the level of festivities provided and the ‘all-inclusive’ nature of the tariff.

Snapping back her attention, she realised that Nicholas was cueing her in and raising the microphone Natasha picked up the song, reprising and heading to the coda and then bringing it to a close to the sound of muted applause which seemed in keeping with the ambiance of the surroundings.

”Thank you ... “

She smiled and made eye contact with several of her applauding audience.
A slight pause and Natasha started with the less familiar opening to Winter Wonderland ...

” ... Over the ground lies a mantel of white ... “

Enjoying drawing out the musical intro, keeping people guessing until she launched into the recogniseable, “... sleighbells ring, are you listening?” And once again she was fully focused on her performance: Her focus solely on her own voice, the musician accompanying her and her audience. Not only was it a good way to earn a living, but it left Natasha with no time to consider her situation back home. It was as if reality was left on pause ...

In so many ways a cruise was a time capsule, an alternative reality. No matter what the passengers' differences they definitely had one thing in common: They were about to share a somewhat surreal child-free Christmas and New Year ...
 
Gracie sipped the cosmo slowly as the lady began the festive song. Her feet tapped to the music as if she was enjoying the holiday. In reality, however, she found Christmas overrated. It was just yet another day that big corporations try to sell and promote their products. She thought being a ship would get away from all that, but she should had known better...

She clapped when the song ended; smiled even when the next song begun. A bigger smile spread across her face when she saw a familiar face through the cheery crowd. She waved her hand over her head to get European lady, who seemed a bit lost in the middle of the Horizon Bar. She finally had to call out for the girl's attention "Melissa!"

Gracie then hid her face behind her dark wavy locks and the martini glass when she successfully got her friend and several other table's attention with her loud call. She raised her glass and added, with a bit of mockery in her tone, "Merry Christmas!" A couple greeted her back while others shook their heads and probably thought she was just another ditsy drunk Asian. She didn't mind people think of her that way outside of work. She had a 'work hard but play harder' attitude.

"It's about time someone show up," she nagged when Melissa was within range. "Where are the others?"
 
Melissa heard a somewhat of a familiar voice ring out from behind her somewhere. It was barely over the noise level of the room and hard to distinguish from what table. Her quick scan over the crowd offered her no answers for her green orbs failed to locate anyone she knew. She was suppose to meet her girlfriends here for some entertainment but at the moment it didn’t appear that they made it here yet. Knowing Gracie she was hiding somewhere laughing at her.

She took a step forward and heard the familiar voice again, much louder this time, ‘MELISSA!’ was the call that she got from Gracie, she turned her head to the right and saw Gracie waving her hand over her head attempting to give her location up to the scanning green orbs. Melissa smiled in seeing her friend making an attempt to hide her face from the several tables that were paying attention to her instead of the singer and her song.

Melissa’s face was a light red when she moved up to the table. Smiling and waving her hand at the several people still gazing their way. “Gracie!” the embarrassment still on her face. “You are never one for subtleness.” she whispered as she took her seat. Her hand moved up and whisked the long strands of blond hair from her breasts back over her shoulder.

“I don’t know I thought they were with you.” she answered Gracie’s question. “More than likely they found some other entertainment if you know what I mean.” She held her hand up in denial toward the waiter that approached her. “So are you looking forward to this vacation as I am?” her hand touching Gracie’s for a second before retracting back. “So, if I may ask how many of those have you already have?” she smiled as a thin finger pointed to the glass that was nestled in Gracie’s hand.
 
"More than likely they found some other entertainment if you know what I mean."

Gracie rolled her eyes and shook her head. She kept her voice low, just enough for Melissa's ears. "Those women. Always so ready and horny. What happened to our pack? No one leaves behind," she repeated. Deep down, she was happy for them. It was their holidays too afterall.

"So are you looking forward to this vacation as I am?"

Her friend's touch sent little goosebumps up her arm. She shooked it off unnoticably. "I am. I'm just waiting for a knight to pop out from one of those huge boxes over there." She nodded her head toward the big and well-lit Christmas tree. It was garnished with glittery and shinny ornaments. Different size of boxes circled around the tree. "Sweep me off my feet and have some good nights." Gracie winked at her friend before she downed the deliciously poisionuous red liquor.

“So, if I may ask how many of those have you already have?”

"My first one." She grinned. She then admitted with a chuckle, "In here."

"Another one miss?" the waiter asked once he got to their table. He looked back and forth between the two ladies, couldn't decide which one to rest his eyes on.

Gracie nodded and smiled sweetly at the young waiter. "That will be wonderful, William." She got the name from his name tag. "Also, bring us two lines of tequila will you?" She turned to Melissa. "Might as well get on with the partying since they started without us." Her eyes oogled and sparkled like a little puppy while they waited for Melissa's order.
 
Last edited:
Melissa rolled her eyes at Gracie’s statement on how many drinks she has had. She always had that canny sense of humor and taking questions and segregating them into facts that would make her shine. So she just smiled at her and nodded her head knowing full well that she wouldn’t get a straight answer to her question.

Her mind did go back to the statement that Gracie made moments ago about the others that they were waiting for. They were that most of the time, for almost every occasion they meet ended up with whom they slept with or ones that they wished they could slept with. Unfortunately Melissa was always the silent one when this discussion came up. Not that she didn’t have those wants, but her wants were different than theirs.

She looked at the waiter as he goggled Gracie and her breasts. She shot him a glare that would stop the pope from praying for days. “I don’t want anything, and that goes for you glaring at my tits as well.” Her emerald orbs showed a little flame burning inside. He nodded and left the table to go and get Gracie’s order. She looked over at Gracie for a moment before lowering her gaze down to the table. “Sorry Gracie.” He was irritating. Melissa rubbed her temple slightly trying to ward off the on coming headache.

She raised her gaze to look upon Gracie, a smile came to her face. “So have you had the chance to cruise about the ship and check out the mates?” She took a sip of the water that was placed upon the table. Her eyes not straying from Gracie..
 
"Melissa!" she snarled at her friend with amusement when she called out the poor little waiter. Gracie slapped her's arm playfully as the kid hurried away with tail between his legs. "It's in his nature to stare. It's not his fault that your girls are perky and scream hello." She teased and followed by her own laughter.

"Woman, you need to relax. It's our vacation. You're doing a shot with me when he comes back with the drink. Just relax." She gave her friend a hard squeeze on the shoulder. "Stop rubbing your temple. It gives you wrinkle. Just take a deep breath and take in the joyous sounds." Her advice had a hint of sarcasm.

Her rosy cheek then lightened and a smirk spread across her slim face when Melissa inquired whether she cruised around the ship yet. "Tried to wiggle my way into the captain's lounge, but some old lady won't budge." She then declared with confident, "I'll get an invite in there sooner or later though." Gracie gave her a wink before it turned into a wide smile, so big that her dark brown eyes reduced to two slits. "What about you? Found your midnight kisser yet?"
 
Melissa’s face turned slightly red when Gracie commented about her girls being perky and screaming hello. She looked up at her and wondered if that was just a rhetorical statement or if Gracie was actually wondering if her girls were stiff. She slightly shook her head to clear the thought. But a little excitement did grow from the thought.

She snapped out of her deep thought when Gracie told her to relax and enjoy, that was a statement of truth. She did need to relax, let her hair down and venture forth to find some fun. But at the moment she was battling a different type of war, one that she didn’t understand and was afraid to explore. She only smiled when she felt her friends grip upon her shoulder. She caught herself looking at Gracie in a different way.

She noted the sarcasm about the tones, “You still hate charismas don’t you.” she asked knowing the answer but she hoped one day that would change. She herself enjoyed the feeling that she has always gotten from looking at the Christmas décor, hearing the music and smelling the aroma of the glazed ham that was always served during the time.

She drifted back into the conversation when she was asked about finding a midnight kisser. She only frowned and shook her head. “No, “ she took a sip of the water again. “I don’t think I will find one either.” Her mood seemed to drop for again that related to the inner battle that she was fighting. “Gracie, your bad.” She quickly change the topic from her to Gracie. “But your more than likely right. If I know you and I do.” her gaze moved up to the singer for a moment wondering what her plans for the evening were. “Gracie, Have you ever caught yourself Ummm.” she stopped for a moment then took another drink of water. “Regretting that you didn’t act upon certain impulses?”
 
The Horizon Lounge was slowly picking up, the attractive singer at the far side of lounge was part of it but it was also the most comfortable bar on the ship. The music was not too loud, the lighting was dim but not dark and the majority of clients were feeling modestly tipsy. Overall it was the perfect place for Joseph Frost to brood quietly over a glass of bourbon.

Joseph did not like boats, he had never been on a vacation cruise before. Actually he had a hard time remembering the last time he had taken a vacation at all. He was a metro cop, a lead detective in the major crimes division, and he took his job very seriously. And he was good at too but maybe just too good. Joseph poured nearly every waking moment into his cases, getting into the heads of killers, rapists, thieves and other vermin. It was the key to his career success and the key to the failure of his marriage. His ex-wife, Sara, felt he had become obsessed with the job and left him for a wealthy accountant. Joseph did not fight her about it, he knew it was true. That is why he took this cruise. To get away from the city, the crime, the job and to just himself and figure himself out.

"Although drink, sir," the perky blonde hostess smiled at him as she leaned on the bar in front of him. She was sweet enough, Jessica she had introduced herself as, and was making no effort to hide her flirting. Since Joseph had settled down on the stool, he counted two buttons on her button up blouse loosen. Now, leaning in front of him she gave him a generous view of her breasts.

"Sure, thank you," he nodded and returned a polite smile. Joseph had no shortage of offers from women since his divorce and even before that. A tall, ruggedly handsome man with dark features he resented sometimes being called a "TV cop" because of his looks. He was far from his work suit now though, dressed down in a pair of grey slacks and a black dress shirt with the sleeves folded up to his elbows. Taking the drink from Jessica, who offered him a wink with it, he turned on the stool and looked out over the crowd.

http://www.scandaliciousbookreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DavidGandy1.jpg
 
Natasha

Natasha drew the the end of her second set. The lounge was definitely animated with perhaps a more than usual level of ambient noise. Now and then raised voices or laughter rose above the soft tones of her songs, but nothing fazed Natasha who continued regardless, her air calm and relaxed as she moved unhurriedly from song to song, acknowledging applause offered with demure gratitude...

A shared look with Nicholas and they moved to the final couple of songs. In many places of the lounge, clients hadn’t even noticed that the entertainment had ended, yet the nearest tables applauded and judging from their smiles, Natasha concluded that they had enjoyed the musical interlude.

Sliding from her stool Natasha advanced towards the bar and nodded to the uniformed man behind it waiting whilst the call was put through. She didn’t know as yet whether she would be needed in the Show Lounge or if she was to be allocated elsewhere to support other activities provided on the ship...
 
“Hate is such a strong word. I just don’t enjoy it as much as everyone else.” Gracie laughed when her friend gave her the disbelieving eyes; at least that was what it looked like for Gracie. “Okay, I surrender.” She raised her hands playfully. “I do hate Christmas,” she blurted. Just her luck, the song ended at the same time and her voice was much louder than she expected. Her hazel eyes slowly glanced around the room as pairs of disapproving eyes stared back at her. Flustered, she picked up the water goblet and toasted, “Happy Hanukkah!”

When everyone bought into her lie, the girls shared their laughter. The music started again and everyone went back to their own business. “I really need those drinks now.” She tapped the stiletto against the table’s leg impatiently while scanned the area for those damn drinks. She needed one badly by now. The cozy, lovey-dovey, and intimate Horizon Bar was depressing her; especially she and Melissa were the odd one out. Couples, old and young, conventional or not, were everywhere! A married couple in their sixties held hands and grooved to the holiday song from the enchanted singer on the stage. A young couple nearby was pretty much having organism at their table. She sighed disappointingly when she noticed the bar was also filled with lovers. Well, except for single dark hair guy –oh wait, a blonde just made her stamp on him.

“Regretting that you didn’t act upon certain impulses?”

Gracie replied with chuckles, “I have no regrets. I’m known for my impulse decisions.” Although there was joking-undertone in her answer, she always acted what her gut tells her. It was both her talents and downfalls. She not only made many big mistakes in life with her impulses, but she also gained recognitions at her law firm that way. When her eyes came back to her friend, she noticed her serious face. Gracie sat up straight with her hands locked and planted on the table. “You’ve been acting strange lately. Are you alright? Is there something I can help? You know you can always count on me right?”

She grabbed Melissa’s hand and squeezed hard. Her hand seemed much darker than usual against Melissa’s pale skin. “How have you been? No, really been? Fill me in on everything, since I haven’t seen you in ages.” Tis were true. Grace buried herself at work for the past year or so. She hardly hung out with her friends; another reason why she agreed to go on this festive cruise with the girlfriends. "You know you can tell me anything right?" She put on her serious work face.
 
Melissa’s face turned seven shades of red when Gracie’s voice rang out about hating Christmas. Her orbs catching glimpses of people staring and pointing toward them. “Gracie! I’m going to kill you!” she whispered she wanted to crawl under the table and do one of those disappearing acts. But the worse was yet to come when she picked up her water glass and toasted everyone screaming Happy Hanukkah! Melissa’s eyes back in her head in disbelief. “Gracie!” She gave her a gawking look. “The best thing for you to do is to hush!” Melissa’s eyes wide upon and gawking at her.

“Me too.” Melissa chuckled at her crazy friend. Her hands covering some of her face hiding the fact that her eyes were watering up with tears. “OH my God,” She peeked around her hand making sure that the crowd was back to normal and everyone was indulged back into their own business.

Then Gracie turned serous and answered the question that Melissa asked her moments ago. She got the answer that she already knew. Gracie was a living large type of girl and if you didn’t like that she didn’t care for that was your problem. She thrilled being on the edge and living off the buzz that came from it. Melissa could only look down at the table her fingers tracing around the Reindeer pattern of the table cloth.

She looked up at Gracie when she began quizzing her with concerning questions. She held her hand up and lightly shook her head, “No, No, I’m fine, no regrets.” That was what her words said but the look on her face told otherwise.

She lightly jumped when Gracie took her hand firmly into hers, She studied Gracie’s face for a few moments then replied, “Yes, I now I can count on you.” She looked down at her Gracie’s hand holding hers. She lightly licked her lips and pulled her hand away. “Gracie, I …” She pushed back her head and took a deep breath and released it. Bringing her eyes back down to Gracie’s, “I’ve been good. Just really busy with work. I’ve decided to expand the company and move into the field of cybernetics.” she made her best effort to change the subject..
 
During her own rain of questions, Gracie noticed the horror still lingered on Melissa's face from the Hanukkah incident earlier. She felt bad for making her friend so embarrassed. She forgot how timid Melissa was. She was a shy and very private person, which was a total opposite from herself. So when she hesitated in answering her questions, Gracie dropped her worries. Melissa just needed time. She would tell Gracie whatever that was troubling her whenever she was ready to. She didn't want to push her friend.

She did, however, notice Melissa's expression when she grabbed her pale hand. Gracie's hand retreated, not she if she was making her friend's uncomfortable. She decided it was nothing and reverted back to her silly self. "That's very good to hear Melissa," she complimented on the business expansion. "It's nice to be your own boss huh? No one to boss you around. Hire whoever you like. Bet there's a lot of eye candies at your place eh?" she teased with a playful wink.

((OOC: fyi, might not get a chance to get online this weekend :( ))
 
She felt a deep sorrow when Gracie retreated from pressing further upon what was bothering her. She deserved more than that protective wall that she put up. “Gracie.” she whispered but her friend went on being herself as if nothing was wrong. But it was wrong and she wanted to tell Gracie but just didn’t know how to.

She smiled at her friend as she went on making comments about her being a boss and how not being bossed around would be appealing. She nodded her head slightly but was still heavy weighted with not telling her friend what was going on.

She nearly choked upon the statement of eye candies being in her place. “GRACIE!” her face turned red with embarrassment. “Unless you didn’t mean what I’m thinking you meant?” she pulled back and wondered if she was talking about woman things or something else. She shook her head for now it was too late in the game to switch hitters now..

*Ok thanks for the info. You will be missed.*
 
As Mark walked through the lounge doors, he wondered if he was allowed in here, being that he was only 18. He saw a bar and concluded he wasn't allowed, but he had nothing else to do, since he didn't even wanna go on this cruise but his parents made him. So Mark walked a few feet away from the door to look less awkward, then he looked over the party at the less taller people; which was a sort of ironic thing at that moment, since he is 6'3" but he hoped no one noticed him. 10 minutes went by as Mark watched people and then he finally got bored, so as he was turning to the exit, he caught a glimpse of the singer which he heard the whole time but didn't notice. She looked amazing and caught his eye instantly. Mark couldn't help but stare as he watched and listened to her. He turned his focus off her for just a sec as he walked towards the stage and asked an old couple, who were seated at a table close to the stage, if he could sit by them and enjoy the show. They accepted his company but ignored their talk as he was hypnotized by the beautiful singer.

The whole time Mark sat and watched the show and enjoyed each bit. He was actually disappointed the show ended but he applauded when it was over. Mark watched the singer leave the stage and proceed to the bar. He stood up from his table when she sat down at the bar. He walked past the parties of people and also two attractive women talking, something about a boss and eye candy, who knows. Mark stood a couple feet away from the bar, debating on whether to talk to the singer, 'come on man, you'd be a kid talking to a lady whos singing on a cruise boat; she doesn't have time for you,' he thought to himself. After about 2 minutes of self assurance and then self exposure, Mark walked to the singer, but he accidently bumped a tv cop looking guy, "excuse me," Mark said as he walked past him and stupidly sat next to the singer.

"Uhh.... Hi," he said softly, not sure if he said it loud enough
 
Natasha

Natasha glanced around the lounge bar casting a professional eye over the merrymakers. All seemed to be running smoothly enough, she concluded, but she was impatient to know what form her work might take over the following nights. She had expected her duties to be variable on this cruise, but if she had to cover for a sick colleague this would add to her workload.

“Uhh.... Hi,”

The voice was so soft she almost missed it. Dismissing her thoughts Natasha focused on the young man sat beside her; and he was young!

”Hello, having fun?”

She responded with a smile.
Before the guy could reply the phone was handed to her and she sighed at the timing.

”I have to take this, sorry...”

She told the shy looking young man beside her and turned her attention to the voice on the phone.

” ... you sure? .... she can manage tonight... ? ok ... yes ... sure ... well.. I could do that ... which shows? ..... uhuh ... well ... I’ve done most of those last year ... ok .... sure ... I can collect the scores, go over them this evening .... absolutely .... I’ll need to rehearse ... it’s been a while ... “

She laughed and continued calmly.

”Look ... don’t worry ... I’ll just fit in .... sure... I’ll drop by later ... yup ... and... 10 am sounds good ... not many passengers likely to be around then so open theatre rehearsal ... sure... bye...”

She handed the phone back to the uniformed man and turned to the young man again.

” ... sorry ... bit of a crisis with the troop ... staff illness you might say ... “

She smiled encouragingly.

”So... you were going to tell me about how you were finding the cruise ....?”

A subtle nod at the barman had a tall glass placed before her.

”What are you drinking...?”

She asked him and saw him hesitate.

”Bar’s on British regs, so if you’re over 18 alcohol is allowed ... “

She explained assessing him as she did. With his height he must surely be over 18! Even though it was clear that he lacked confidence despite his stature ...
 
Logan Masters strode into the club carrying a hardshell instrument case with him. He was something of an anomaly among the cruise ship. At first glance, he didn't look like he fit in, but the way he moved you would think he owned the whole boat. He was tall, lean and muscular. His skin was tan and his hair long, dark and curly. His beard was neatly trimmed in contrast to the ragged edges of his jeans and on his T-shirt where he had cut the sleeves off. On his biceps were tattoos. On the left, an American Indian design of some sort. On the right, a picture of a Hopi dancer. A beat-up old cowboy hat rested on his head and matching boots on his feet. The pewter American Indian amulet and medicine pouch hanging around his neck completed the look.

He passed by the table that Melissa and Gracie were sitting at and tipped his hat to them with a smile. "Evening, ladies." He spoke as slowly as he moved, his smoky baritone rolling out of his chest like a fog descending into the desert from the mountains. If the two women were seeking conversation, he would indulge them. He had a few minutes before he was supposed to go on.
 
When the singer lady asked him if he was having fun, Mark almost said he was having an alright time but then he was interupted by the bar guy who handed the lady a phone. She said "I have to take this, sorry...," and took the phone; all Mark did was smile and let her answer. When she was done with the phone, she handed it back to the bartender and turned towards Mark and re-asked her earlier question. "Well I was bored through the whole day expect for a couple times, I'm actually really enjoying tonight; I really liked your performance by the way." Mark said as he saw the bartender place the glass in front of them. The singer told him about the drinking rules and asked what he wanted to drink, which surprised Mark because he wasn't a real big drinker. Mark said "Can I have, uhhh... Some... I don't kn... Uhhh, whiskey." Mark said to the bartender and then looked at the singer, unsure if he seemed dumb or not. "So how are you enjoying the cruise?" Mark said as he moved his eyebrow length brown hair and scratched his forehead, which is what he usually did when nervous.
 
Tommy

Tommy Thompson looks around his cabin. A moving hotel room. Where the scene changes as you look out from the balcony. The company had rewarded him with a 'Christmas Cruise' getta way. Six months of work had payed off. The research had found what the comany had been looking for for decades.

His boss had said. "You need to get away. Have a good time. It's an adult cruise, no kids, you'll love it!"

Tommy finds a passenger information folder he had been given when he had come on board. He looks through it and notes the lounges and bars. He planned to stay away from the casino. On looking at the ship chart he see The Horizon Lounge is the closest one to his cabin.

He smiles to himself. Well The Horizon Lounge it is then. He leaves his cabin and within a few minutes finds himself in the lounge. He walks over to the bar. He smiles as the bartender. "I'm 25 do I need to show an ID?" The bartender looks at him.

"Brit rules we have here govenor. You look like you pass muster, What will you have?"

Tommy thinks for a minute. " I'm starting out slow tonight this being a long cruise. How about a Frosty Noggin?"

The bartender smiles. "Right good chioce you made, smooth, very smooth."
Tommy receives his drink and thanks the bartender. Tommy walks over to the far left side of the room and finds a table. He sets his drink down and settles in.
 

Attachments

  • Tommy Thompson.jpg
    Tommy Thompson.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Gracie saw right through her friend's facade when she nodded and tried to act normal. Something was still bothering the girl, that she knew for fact. However, she couldn't quite put her finger on the reason. Melissa's expression was a bit hard to read tonight. She was hesitant.

Gracie chuckled when Melissa's face turned bright red. Before she could reply, a musician approached them. He was a peculiar looking man, oddly handsome nonetheless. "Howdy partner," she greeted mockingly as a joke. She bit her red lips while her dark eyes quickly scanned the man over.

She smiled and introduced herself calmly, "I'm Gracie." She raised her hand to the man. She motioned her head toward her quiet friend. "This is Melissa. What you got there?" She eyed the instrument case.
 
Last edited:
Logan smiled a little at the cowboy greeting. He had heard jokes like that a million times before. He was one part cowboy, one part native shaman. He always suspected he had some American Indian blood in him, but had never taken the time to find out for certain. His cheekbones and dark tan were proof enough at least for the time being. When Gracie offered her hand, he gently took it, his own hard and callused, and kissed her knuckles like a perfect gentleman in contrast to his rugged image.

When she asked what he had in the case, he nodded to oblige her. He pulled out a chair and set the case in his lap with the clasps facing the two women. He opened it up to reveal a very unusual-looking instrument. It looked like a bassoon, but it was solid instead of hollow. There were two keypads on it, one at the bottom with 12 keys and the other at the top in a matrix of at least 100 keys arranged in rows of five. He said nothing, curious what the reaction of the two women would be. Very few people had seen an eigenharp before. They were relatively new and still obscure. But Logan had an affinity for obscure and innovative instruments.
 
"Well I was bored through the whole day expect for a couple times, I'm actually really enjoying tonight; I really liked your performance by the way."

Natasha smiled at the young man's words.

"Thank you ... glad you enjoyed it ... "

She responded smiling as he debated what drink to order.

"Can I have, uhhh... Some... I don't kn... Uhhh, whiskey."

It was obvious to Natasha that he was no drinker and most likely only just legal by Brit regs.

"Same for me, Mike ... "

She instructed the barman;

" ... with gingerale side ... "

She wasn't about to patronise the guy beside her by diluting his drink, but wondered if he would actually like the taste of the whiskey he had ordered.

"So how are you enjoying the cruise?"

Natasha watched him body language and concluded that he this whole cruise was most likely not his 'natural environment'.

"Well ... it's work for me, but I am enjoying it so far ..."

She told him smiling as two glasses of whiskey were laid on the bar with two miniature bottles of ginger ale. Natasha decanted all of the bottle into the glass, swaying it to mix and took a long sip.

"It's the first time I've worked over Christmas, but I'm looking forward to the festivities ... "

She told him.

"Are you here with friends?"

She queried wondering how he had occupied himself so far?
 
Back
Top