Conversation

It is tough t chat with someone and think it’s going somewhere only to have them not answer anymore pm’s. I’ve chatted with people to just chat, gotten a little wilder on some as well. But most were only one time and yes one or more have ended right in the middle...

So, in reality, we sit here and look through that haystack, picking up what we think is a needle and either are correct or are not. And, just keep going.

lol, that would be an interesting sad song. And it isn't like my inbox is always empty, it's a few days of conversation and then you never hear from them again be cause they don't visit the site anymore or their inbox is so full they would never catch up on the replies.

or they are just trolling...I would think my pic is self explanatory or if taken the time to see my posts would give an indication

One has to wonder though, if a message comes in, how often does the one receiving it take a look at the profile of the one who sent it, even if to just see their photo, how many actually look at the previous posts?

One has to wonder though, if a message comes in, how often does the one receiving it take a look at the profile of the one who sent it, even if to just see their photo, how many actually look at the previous posts?

I do. Every time.

When I get one I typically take a look at the history, just to get an idea of who I am talking to.

That’s assuming they have any previous posts.....I’m surprised at the number of people on here who have been members for years and bare have any posts....or none at all.

That is true as well. I have to admit that I was active on messaging before I was active on the boards. I guess I was a bit shy.

I'm a little more relaxed now, but I still don't post a whole lot.

It just depends on topic for me....but I guess I don’t really post a ton either.

I am more of a "take a look what's here" rather than post person.

I would imagine so. If they were posting a ton they are unlikely to talk as they would be to busy posting. It is almost like you either post a lot or try to talk a lot.

Interesting comments - here's some perspective.

If I receive an unsolicited PM from someone, I'll usually glace to make sure it's not from a Nigerian Prince who only needs 10k to unlock the national treasury that was unfairly confiscated by the ruling elite. I'm a sucker for hard luck stories.

In the five or six threads I regularly read/post I will usually recognize the username of the person because they have history in an area of common interest. That will get a read and possibly (usually) a response.

In 99.999% of the time I will just add the sender of an unsolicited/unrecognized username to my 'ignore' list so I never see/hear from them again.

In all cases I will always check for previous posts that I find offensive or incompatible with my beliefs because there is NO starting point when that happens.

Interesting comments - here's some perspective.

If I receive an unsolicited PM from someone, I'll usually glace to make sure it's not from a Nigerian Prince who only needs 10k to unlock the national treasury that was unfairly confiscated by the ruling elite. I'm a sucker for hard luck stories.

In the five or six threads I regularly read/post I will usually recognize the username of the person because they have history in an area of common interest. That will get a read and possibly (usually) a response.

In 99.999% of the time I will just add the sender of an unsolicited/unrecognized username to my 'ignore' list so I never see/hear from them again.

In all cases I will always check for previous posts that I find offensive or incompatible with my beliefs because there is NO starting point when that happens.

That makes sense. It is easier to get a conversation going with someone you have had some sort of contact with before.

So, with you, if a person wanted to talk to you, they should take a look at your posts and if those posts interested them they should start posting on those threads to build a basic understanding of each other before the message is sent. Right?

That makes sense. It is easier to get a conversation going with someone you have had some sort of contact with before.

So, with you, if a person wanted to talk to you, they should take a look at your posts and if those posts interested them they should start posting on those threads to build a basic understanding of each other before the message is sent. Right?

You are now ready to go into the world Grasshopper.

That's it, but just don't stalk anyone.

Ever hope to just talk to someone? Just sit back, type some words, send the message and a little bit later a reply pops up on your screen? A basic conversation or erotic, didn't matter. Do you find yourself just tapping through the forums thinking, yeah, would be nice to share some thoughts with someone here?
Yup, me too. I am a MWM, who writes some and loves talking to people, so, if you are in the same boat as I am, lets talk.
This is exactly my sentiments. I have exchanged a few PM's with a few people and find myself excited to get a response!

Back