Control Panel Down?

secretsxywriter

LadySunshine7
Is anyone else getting an error that they cannot access their Control Panel?

Everything was find around 2:00 am CST. But since logging in this morning after 7:00 pm CST and selecting my username, a script seems to be running while trying to load the Control Panel. In a small box in the middle of the screen, it lists three steps (Application Code, Constants, and Session Data); a button that says "Try to reload"; an error; and a link to "Report a problem."

On my computer, it checks off that the Application Code is good but the Constants and Session Data failed. The error reads: "Network request failed. Network request failed."

On my iPhone, it checks off that Application Code and Constants are good but Session Data failed with a different error: "You have not authorized. You have to check cookie enabled and authorize in old control panel."

I was able to access the old Control Panel on my computer through a saved link for editing my profile for the Volunteer Editors program. However, even that one responds with the same error when selecting Recent Activity. The link gives me a 404 error on my phone, but there isn't an option to "authorize" or "enable cookies" on the old control panel that I could see.

I've both reloaded several times, reported the problem, and verified that cookies are enabled for my browsers on both devices. Just curious if it's site wide or just certain users.

I'm not getting any kind of error statement, but the panel contains no activity information. The works list seems to still be working. I use Firefox on Ubuntu 16.04.

It's definitely different today. Not showing story favorites in the main feed anymore, which is fine now that I know where to find them. It's also showing notifications for spam comments I already deleted, but that's not a big deal either.

The only thing bothering me is that I can't seem to update my bio.

Correction on my previous post. "All Activity" is empty. "Works Activity" and "My Activity" seem fine.

It’s working for me now on both PC and iPhone...though the script still pops up on the screen of my phone and then checks all three options before showing me All Activity. Funky.

Browser page was just blank. Nothing at all, no matter which page I tried to load.

I had one brief moment last night where attempting to access my control panel brought up a "serious forum error", which was quite strange. I refreshed the page, and everything worked fine.

A couple of hours later was when the new loading screen appeared, so I may have hit just as updates were being applied when that first error happened.

Haven't had any issues since. Chrome or Firefox.

From the descriptions posted here, I would suggest logging out, dumping your Lit cookies, and logging back in again if you're having issues.

Correction on my previous post. "All Activity" is empty. "Works Activity" and "My Activity" seem fine.

Sorry about the issue. We did a major performance update to the Control Panel today and there were a few issues. Have you tried shift-refreshing your browser? That should clear the cache and maybe fix the issue. If the issue isn't resolved by a refresh, can you share your browser info? You can send it by PM if you don't want to post it here.

Thank you and sorry again about the issue. :D

Same here. My screen is stuck on processing with Application Code ticked and Constants and Session Data still spinning.

Didn't see any network call failures, but did see a JS error when I checked it in console mode.

[blockquote]
[Show/hide message details.] TypeError: e[n] is undefined[Learn More] vendor.js:1:96
t
https://www.literotica.com/my/scripts/vendor.js:1:96
https://www.literotica.com/my/scripts/scripts.js:1:332211
t
https://www.literotica.com/my/scripts/vendor.js:1:96
window.webpackJsonp
https://www.literotica.com/my/scripts/vendor.js:1:418
<anonymous>
https://www.literotica.com/my/scripts/scripts.js:1:1
[/blockquote]

The issue may be browser specific since it works on Chrome, but not Firefox.

Loaded fine for me in Firefox on the first attempt.

Possible note of worth: I dumped all of my internet cache on Sunday, for all browsers. I'm fairly certain I hadn't come here with Firefox ( as LesLumens ) since the dump.

Try the shift + refresh to override your existing cache. If that doesn't work, try logging out, dumping Lit cookies, and then logging back in. ( Dumping your cache wholesale while dumping cookies might not be a bad idea either )

The issue may be browser specific since it works on Chrome, but not Firefox.

Also I noticed that the initial control panel page, the ALL activity now doesn't show the activity it used to, some of it is only appearing on works activity. Don't know if this change is intended.

Loaded fine for me in Firefox on the first attempt.

Possible note of worth: I dumped all of my internet cache on Sunday, for all browsers. I'm fairly certain I hadn't come here with Firefox ( as LesLumens ) since the dump.

Try the shift + refresh to override your existing cache. If that doesn't work, try logging out, dumping Lit cookies, and then logging back in. ( Dumping your cache wholesale while dumping cookies might not be a bad idea either )

Yeah... I figured that out a bit later. The page comes up and disappears after a second now. Clearing the browser cache works like a charm.

I can´t upload any picture to my profile. Does that have something to do with it?

error message says: Request error

Well thank you very much....

Still getting the control panel loading thing no matter what I do on either IE or Firefox.

My activity is now showing a load of spam comments that either I or admin deleted, and I also note that some of my scores have gone down - a few by one or two, but one that has been out for 18 months has just lost 15 ratings!

I just tested uploading again and it is working. They must have fixed something. Or changed. And now broke something else....:confused:

Why is it that whenever you make an update on the site you mess more things up than you fix?

My Control Panel is not updating once it does eventually load after a minute of waiting (iPhone Safari). In the latest activity section it hadn't updated in two days even though I know authors have made updates within that time. On the my authors activity tab there are no stats available for the stories nor is the category showing.

Why aren't these things tested properly prior to changes being launched? Testing should be done all all browsers and devices.

Is anyone else getting an error that they cannot access their Control Panel?

Everything was find around 2:00 am CST. But since logging in this morning after 7:00 pm CST and selecting my username, a script seems to be running while trying to load the Control Panel. In a small box in the middle of the screen, it lists three steps (Application Code, Constants, and Session Data); a button that says "Try to reload"; an error; and a link to "Report a problem."

On my computer, it checks off that the Application Code is good but the Constants and Session Data failed. The error reads: "Network request failed. Network request failed."

On my iPhone, it checks off that Application Code and Constants are good but Session Data failed with a different error: "You have not authorized. You have to check cookie enabled and authorize in old control panel."

I was able to access the old Control Panel on my computer through a saved link for editing my profile for the Volunteer Editors program. However, even that one responds with the same error when selecting Recent Activity. The link gives me a 404 error on my phone, but there isn't an option to "authorize" or "enable cookies" on the old control panel that I could see.

I've both reloaded several times, reported the problem, and verified that cookies are enabled for my browsers on both devices. Just curious if it's site wide or just certain users.

I’ve had this problem too! I just logged on through Chrome and it seems to work ok. Frustrating though.

Same here. My screen is stuck on processing with Application Code ticked and Constants and Session Data still spinning.

Didn't see any network call failures, but did see a JS error when I checked it in console

Working on laptop but still stuck on the script on iPad.

My control panel is working fine on all desktop browsers.

When I grabbed my Android tablet, and checked in Chrome ( which works just fine on desktop ) I started seeing some of the symptoms others have reported.

My activity feed is missing many entries that show up on desktop. Comments that were reported and have subsequently vanished from my desktop activity feed are still there on mobile. Where the categories should be listed on the My Works page, they are missing.

This persisted even after dumping my cache on mobile and reloading the site.

Checked on a second tablet ( also android, but different brand ) and had the same results.

Screenshots of the activity feed differences. Desktop on the left, mobile on the right.

lit_activity_desk.jpg
lit_activity_mobile.jpg

There is a large amount of recent activity missing, while the anonymous comment on "Holly Jolley Christmas" remains listed, even though it has vanished from my desktop activity feed when the comment was reported and removed.

Both screenshots come from the latest version of Chrome. Once is simply desktop, while the other is from my mobile device. If you need more detailed device information, drop me a PM.

Stuck

On both my phone and my desktop, my "all activity" feed is stuck on August 14. Several authors that I follow have published new content since then but their stories don't show in my feed.

Back