Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

LoquiSordidaAdMe (In Progress, 3500K, secret. Very secret.)

Whoa! You make me sound so dark and mysterious, Etaski. I like it! Think you might have a typo in the word count though. It's closer to 5K. Please don't anyone ever expect 3,500,000 words from me.

Whoa! You make me sound so dark and mysterious, Etaski. I like it!
Heh, the only thing I've heard is you threading words like tiny beads on a thread (it takes a while) and that you might've seen the actress who placed Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! :D It's like trying to look over your shoulder and you covering your paper with your hands. ;)

Think you might have a typo in the word count though. It's closer to 5K. Please don't anyone ever expect 3,500,000 words from me.

Oh god, you're right! XD Hahaha!

That was my word count. :D *chest puffs up* And I'm still rewriting the beginning. *chest deflates*

I'll go fix it. :rose:

Your incredibly generous gift (and your very first earmarked for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category no less!), might have also spurred some complacent Geeks to grab their dice bags and hustle a bit, Mr. First! ;)

Voboy (FIRST FINISHED! Quote the author: "21,000 words, and yes, it includes penetrative sex with an alien who has a prehensile penis and can cum on order. Also lots of oral, in all sorts of contexts. And a space battle!" I keep pasting this and know I have to wait for the prehensile penis. :eek: Such tragedy.)

Yeah, sort of a fun scene: he aims it at people and cums vengefully at them. But he’s kind of a boob, as it turns out. I’m doing a continuation as we speak, and he turns out to be a moron. But still with the prehensile penis, so, there’s that...

But no, I’m no inspiration. Another current thread accuses me of being a big, fat discourager, so... yeah. Apparently, I’ve got secret powers.

But no, I’m no inspiration. Another current thread accuses me of being a big, fat discourager, so... yeah. Apparently, I’ve got secret powers.

You meanie, using your powers for evil.

Heh, the only thing I've heard is you threading words like tiny beads on a thread (it takes a while) and that you might've seen the actress who placed Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! :D It's like trying to look over your shoulder and you covering your paper with your hands. ;)

Eh. Mantis had to cancel. I DID see Drax, Rocket, and Yondu though. Incidentally, Yondu is an ass. A hilarious ass.

As for covering my paper, that's actually a really good analogy seeing as how my story includes a word problem. Here's a snippet...

As Jones worked, his mind wandered. "If spaceship A accelerates from rest at five centimeters per second squared," he thought to himself, "and spaceship B travels at a steady velocity of one kilometer per second directly away from spaceship A, given that the starting distance between the two ships is five hundred thousand kilometers, how long would it take spaceship A to intercept spaceship B?"​

Don't worry, I do all the math for you, and I promise it gets sexy after that.

Eh. Mantis had to cancel. I DID see Drax, Rocket, and Yondu though. Incidentally, Yondu is an ass. A hilarious ass.

As for covering my paper, that's actually a really good analogy seeing as how my story includes a word problem. Here's a snippet...

As Jones worked, his mind wandered. "If spaceship A accelerates from rest at five centimeters per second squared," he thought to himself, "and spaceship B travels at a steady velocity of one kilometer per second directly away from spaceship A, given that the starting distance between the two ships is five hundred thousand kilometers, how long would it take spaceship A to intercept spaceship B?"​

Don't worry, I do all the math for you, and I promise it gets sexy after that.

Spaceship A will overtake spaceship B from the rear, right?

Your incredibly generous gift (and your very first earmarked for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category no less!), might have also spurred some complacent Geeks to grab their dice bags and hustle a bit, Mr. First! ;)

That is the simplest it could be said. *ahem* Buries blushing face in her list.... Where were we?

In Order of Appearance:

PuckIt (Progress Rebooted, Dragon egg now going cold with pixie off to sooth her craving for brownies. A Hard One Is Rising!)

BiscuitHammer

Antryg Windrose

electricblue66
(17K5 and counting, Easter Eggs of 2001 and Apollo 11. Be sure to brush up on 19th century literature to experience full impact. Deep impact..)

Blind_Justice (30K+ and counting. The Novel without a Name. Mash-up and strain together Mass Effect, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Babylon 5, pour into a sizeable goblet, and enjoy. Add a Rind of Firefly to that Margarita glass. Etaski runs out to buy more printer paper to keep beta reading in bed (true story).)

lovecraft68

ChloeTzang
(John Ringo/ e e doc smith but a version where the Chinese are doing the heavy lifting. Note: the name of the ship is NOT the SLAP Happiness. Addendum: Slight detour to 3K words on antiquity puns with so many cleverness modifiers, it broke my d20.)

Voboy (FIRST FINISHED! Quote the author: "21,000 words, and yes, it includes penetrative sex with an alien who has a prehensile penis and can cum on order. Also lots of oral, in all sorts of contexts. And a space battle!" I keep pasting this and know I have to wait for the prehensile penis. :eek: Such tragedy.)

YouDidWhut

xelliebabex

rutger5

LoquiSordidaAdMe
(In Progress, closer to 5K, secret. Very secret. Okay, hope you like word problems. "Do your own work, everybody!!")

Alice_Rosaleen (1500 words, but hopefully more. Cyberpunk triple-distilled, topshelf. *tips empty shotglass.* Sigh, damn.)

PrettyLilPussy

JasonClearwater
(Completed novella, 43K dark speculative fiction deemed too goddamn scary for being so real/surreal. :eek: But I really did enjoy it; not for the meek, and like Voboy's two stories, it should be posted anyway. Ideas being rebooted via Mad-Libs. "Get ready for some serious leaking.")

ShyChiWriter

Loquere

RjThoughts
(You made a list and elbowed out the Arts Majors!! Admit it! One of us! One of us! ;) :D )

MSTarot (PIRATES! YARR! AT LAST! I seriously wants pirates.)

weftandwarp (SECOND FINISHED! Dark Horse sweeps in with 10K words of Botany, love, and autism.)

Taroo Taroo! sang the horn as Monty Python's Black Knight carries the Freak Flag across the Battlefield wedged in his visor.

I mentioned their majors because, well, I was a STEM nerd and they were almost-always naked, sketching or drawing, photo-taking Art majors. I neglected to mention that they invited me to move in when they discovered I could and love to cook!

Our fourth roommate was pre-Law. She's now an attorney in the NYC!

Yes, you are. You've got the starter credentials, and you've put them in a list. And you've claimed superiority over the Arts majors. Case closed. Start writing ;).

The only superiority I have over those Art majors was that I could and loved to cook!
When I arrived, they could make spaghetti and meatballs - boiled water, cooked the pasta, defrosted and baked meatballs from a bag, and opened a jar of sauce - and order from the Chinese place and the Italian restaurant where I worked.

Almost 40k now. The planet is in sight, the ship is fucked, some of the crew as well (tee hee). PROGRESS! YAY!

*looks at Muse* No, no, not the whip. I'm writing, I'm writing. Sheesh. :)

I'm in.

I hadn't really been focusing on this contest, but I've been working on my first Sci Fi story, so I'm going to shoot for submitting it as part of the contest.

There will be tentacles.

I'm in.

I hadn't really been focusing on this contest, but I've been working on my first Sci Fi story, so I'm going to shoot for submitting it as part of the contest.

There will be tentacles.

Fantastic! The more freak flags flying for Geek pride, the better!

Look forward to eyeballing your goodies on 25 May! (Literarily speaking of course. :devil:)

Fantastic! The more freak flags flying for Geek pride, the better!

Look forward to eyeballing your goodies on 25 May! (Literarily speaking of course. :devil:)

No offense, Puckit, but I'm kind of picky about who gets to eyeball my goodies.

Two Tales

I'm toying with two different stories right now. Both are sort of sketched out. I'll have to see where the muse takes me when I get a free day.

No offense, Puckit, but I'm kind of picky about who gets to eyeball my goodies.

See, I'm just the opposite. I won't hesitate to flash my goodies at anyone unwise enought to...

Er. And it suddenly dawns on me we're not talking about stories.

Awkward. :eek:

I'm toying with two different stories right now. Both are sort of sketched out. I'll have to see where the muse takes me when I get a free day.

Excellent! Can't wait to see what's up!

*pauses to eyeball the recent exchange with SimonDoom*

Uh, we are talking about stories, right? Just thought I should clarify that with that "what's up" ending and all...

As far as my own semi-literate effort, I'm still struggling with nailing the beginning and have wiped it out and restarted about four times now. So, yeah. Not just too far along just yet. Then again, that's about par for the course with my efforts.

I swear by the five moon of Sharilanthasala though, when the party hits the graveyard and the skeletons rise from the earth, one buxom adventuress is getting boned. :D

Last edited:
Hey guys! What’s going in this thread?

Oh my Lord.

Okay, got to establish my geek cred. How’s this:
  • For a real-world living, I design video games that are so boring, we have to pay people to play them. (Yep, I’m a business systems architect.)
  • Certified Green Belt in the ancient martial art of Lean Sigma.
  • There are otherkin who claim they are reincarnations of some of the stuff I wrote for pen and paper RPGs at the turn of the millennium.
  • I kinda sorta invented an Internet fetish.

Anyway, now that I’m trying to get back into the smutty groove again, I’ll see if I can whip up some consentacles in time.

Hey guys! What’s going in this thread?

Oh my Lord.

Okay, got to establish my geek cred. How’s this:
  • For a real-world living, I design video games that are so boring, we have to pay people to play them. (Yep, I’m a business systems architect.)
  • Certified Green Belt in the ancient martial art of Lean Sigma.
  • There are otherkin who claim they are reincarnations of some of the stuff I wrote for pen and paper RPGs at the turn of the millennium.
  • I kinda sorta invented an Internet fetish.

Anyway, now that I’m trying to get back into the smutty groove again, I’ll see if I can whip up some consentacles in time.

Fantastic! Never enough consentacles!

And, hey, guys and gals, dudes and dolls, cats and kittens! Feel free to tell your Geeky Gang and Freaky Friends to get their Geek on and let their freak flag fly with a geeky (or nerdy) little tale of some tail told well on 25 May!

All they gotta do is get it written up between now and 22 May, submit it to Mistress Laurel through normal channels by then except including "Geek Pride!" in the notes field (as well as one of the ten available tags so we Geeks, Nerds, and other interested parties can find them all).

It's not a competition! There will be no nail-biting month-long score comparison nor prizes except for the adulation of the Geeks we love for slamming back the doors of Literotica in a mass publication on that one day with stories crafted just for them!

And, hey! If I can try this stuff, nobody else has any excuse! Just check this drivel;

More used to being the smallest man in the room back on my planet, I'd built my entire id and ego as well as my profession around being easily ignored and forgotten. Being a half a foot taller and fifty pounds heavier than the next biggest human on this new world made it more than a little difficult to ply the trade I'd held for the entirety of my adult years; assassin.

Yet, that very trade was what I'd been summoned through space and time by a dragon wielding magick to do; to assassinate the ruler of Shanrilathasla(and, coincidentally, her father [or whatever equivalent dragons have]).

I was just going to have to figure out how to do it with sword and sorcery instead of my usual tools and while being hard to overlook by any one of the six races smaller than an ogre.

:eek:

Yeah. So, come on now. Absolutely no reason for anyone to be shy. Challenge your friends and family. Surely they can do something more fitting than that if they've got the Geek to grok it!

Ho-HO! :D You have been working a bit more on it, Captain Chaos. Excellent. Carry on.

I do have to say that Blind_Justice is putting together a massive work that's also fabulous quality, oozing Geek cred. So many Easter eggs...

And the crew is indeed fucked. Can't wait to see what happens next. :eek:

Got the Geek to Grok it!

I want this on a T-Shirt. A tight one.

:rose:

Heyla, Etaski!

Huh? What?

Oh, that old thing? I deleted that hours ago and started over from a blank screen. Again. :)devil:) But, have no fear, I will have something in this Epic Raid!

Captain Chaos!

(**Oops. Wrong link.**)

If anyone might be interested where my inspiration comes from... have a look.

Attachments

• 3fcf2592466ab9cf402154af2aa52046.jpg
    3fcf2592466ab9cf402154af2aa52046.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
This is as far as my inspiration got me, then I worked for a living for a decade.

Attachments

• 0CB30C51-DCCE-4EE0-867A-571DF05E9D8A.jpg
    0CB30C51-DCCE-4EE0-867A-571DF05E9D8A.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
The problem with putting your characters in a life or death situation is that they want to spend all of their time trying to live instead of having hot, desperate end-of-the-world sex. I'm 6K words into this story and nobody's naked yet. And they just came up with another thing that they have to try to do to survive. I'm going to have to go back a redo all of my math again in order to make their situation hopeless enough that they just give up and fuck each other.

On the other hand, it's turning in to a pretty good survival story.

Back