red H

Yep, I honestly don't believe too many people read our stories. The numbers are way off and we get manipulated by moderators. We write for ourselves anyways.

I do believe our stories are getting read by thousands of people. I post on other sites and get thousands of readers as well but not as many as on Literotica. I do agree with Tex Rad that many people click on a story but start it and click off of it. That posts as a read. I do believe that happens a lot. I know I've looked at a story and changed my mind as well

Remember this is a world wide web site, not just the U.S. I've been around since 2005 and a lot of the questions are asked time and again but a lot of the old writers leave and new ones want answers too.

I'm an old guy that writes what he wants and stops by to read a little in the AH.
 
Why then on 20 000 reads, or clicks, is there absolutely no feedback? That makes no sense. I find the numbers extremely hard to swallow.

Stop and consider what the majority of people are coming here for - to get their rocks off.

Mission accomplished, the largest part of them aren't going to be in a chatty mood ( especially with sticky fingers ;) )

My best calculation when comparing my numbers across several story sites is that Lit's popularity causes about a 15-25% increase in views from robots and spiders over the average ( which is also inflated by said bots )

And you get about the same percentage of feedback everywhere on erotica. Between post-come lethargy, privacy concerns, embarrassment, etc., you're just not going to get more than a small percentage of readers to vote, comment, or anything else.
 
I rarely comment on the stories I read here, cuz LIT writers almost never respond to comments. So fuck you.
 
Why then on 20 000 reads, or clicks, is there absolutely no feedback? That makes no sense. I find the numbers extremely hard to swallow.

This is set up as a reading site, not a critique site. It is set up so that readers can comment, if they like. It doesn't either require or push them to comment though. There are critique sites around that push for comment. If that's what you've got to have, you could post to one of those.

It presents about 60 new stories a day. How many of those do you read and comment on? You are being permitted to neither read stories here nor comment on them if you do. And I bet that you don't read and comment on all stories posted here--or even some of them. And can you say that you give feedback on everything you read here? Why would you expect that from others?
 
Not everything. Maybe 1 in 20 000 would be nice.

My most commented on story has almost 687000 views but only 143 comments.

That's 1 in every 4800 views.

It has a lot to do with the story content and how that relates to the reader.

If you want better odds on comments, write something for loving wives. That averages about 1 comment for every 500 views.
 
Last edited:
My most commented on story has almost 687000 views but only 143 comments.

That's 1 in every 4800 views.

It has a lot to do with the story content and how that relates to the reader.

If you want better odds on comments, write something for loving wives. That averages about 1 comment for every 500 views.

My stories are a pretty good example.

People comment for only a few reasons. If the story is controversial. If they absolutely loved it (not enjoyed it), if they hated it, if they want to suggest ideas or direction, if they're trolls.

My most commented story has 366 comments, 99% are just telling me they loved it. That's on 355K views, and 7000 votes. It's been favorited more than 400 times.

Recent Halloween winner has 65K and 96 comments, again virtually all good. My most read has 1.4M views and 8170 votes and 153 comments. One of my other million view stories has 94 comments, nearly all good (The Perfect Game)

People liked those and commented heavily. but not that much, considering the number of views. They've all spent time at #1 on their Top List.

One of my loving wives tales had 49K views and 102 comments, another LW has 80K and 93 comments, 45K and 135 comments, 75K and 131 comments. I have several more similar.

Controversial, with much smaller views and lots of comments. They're all much newer than most of my high view stories.

I have other stories, one with 163K views, 4.59 score and 1 comment, another with 70K 4.67, and 1 comment.

I guess those didn't impress anybody, but still got the red 'H'

I have a lot of stories with 70K-100K views, the red H and less than 5 comments.

My first How-To has 9K views and 22 comments.

The whole comment thing is a crap shoot.
 
Back
Top