Prisms and perception; my reality.

Firmhanded_Daddy

reborn in flame
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Posts
10,067
I thought it was about time to construct a place of my own. So I thought I would combine two things that have always fascinated me, and two things closely tied together.

Light is the largest manner in which the majority of us perceive the world. Sight is one of the strongest senses. The way it breaks down, the way it can alter everything in our small universe is startling. When most people think of Prisms, they think of something like this:

prism+rainbow.gif


The truth is though there are many kinds of prisms, and they are everywhere. Water, the atmosphere, even our own eyes. All of them break down light, all of them change one of the most important parts of our world.

The other part is perception. It literally is reality. How we interact with the world, how it impacts our lives is strong enough to rewire the mind, to define who we are. Some people are so driven by perception, so wrapped within it that they snap under it, others become obsessed, yet most find a relative balance.

The truth is the world is what you make of it, and this world is mine.

Welcome.

Rules:

This place is closed except for those whom have been given invitation to enter.

Reality is thin here, it can be bent and subverted quite freely.

This is a place for my thoughts, and my friends. Keep all hate out of my domain.
 
Last edited:
DSC_0345-1024x530.jpg


The stone scraped over the blade with a grinding noise. The sound was grating on the nerves, but also relaxing. It was steady and if you listened hard enough you could find a rhythm to it. The metal was ground as it met the more abrasive stone. After a while his breathing fell in time with the path of the stone. He had been reflecting on the past, and looking toward the future. This time of year was a reminder that death was a part of life, and every step took you closer to what will be, and farther from that which has passed on.

He paused and flicked the edge of the blade in a few places with his thumb. The edge was smooth. No nicks, no uneven surfaces. Satisfied he put the stone away and got out a cloth and some mineral oil. Wiping the oil over the surface to remove the excess stone flecks and to protect the blade from rust.

He held up the blade, watching it gleam in the light. Every choice was like a sword, there were two edges. Each choice could end a phase in life, or be used to protect what already existed. No matter which edge you chose, you had to live with the consequences.

He slid the blade back into the sheath
 
I am contemplating starting a solo piece here of a character whom I have started writing from other settings. It would give me good experience writing something that is out of my norm, but also somewhat back to my roots. Most people don't know that I didn't start writing a lot of sexual situations until I came to lit, before that I stuck to a mostly fantasy genre.

The reason this would be out of my norm is because the main character is female.
 
I am contemplating starting a solo piece here of a character whom I have started writing from other settings. It would give me good experience writing something that is out of my norm, but also somewhat back to my roots. Most people don't know that I didn't start writing a lot of sexual situations until I came to lit, before that I stuck to a mostly fantasy genre.

The reason this would be out of my norm is because the main character is female.

If it's okay for me to post here, Id love to see you do that. I'd like to read it. I think role players can play either gender if they use their imagination, and I already know you are well equipped for that.
 
If it's okay for me to post here, Id love to see you do that. I'd like to read it. I think role players can play either gender if they use their imagination, and I already know you are well equipped for that.

-Smiles delightedly-

It is more than ok! I suppose I did not make it very clear on the front door but my friends are more than welcome here.

-Hugs the lovely elf-

I will give it a run soon then. I've always wanted to take this character and make my own world, a novel with her. I have some threads to catch up on, but I might need to get her out of my head first. We will see.
 
Since I cannot find the actual song anywhere yet to post, I'll just throw the lyrics here.

As I Lay Dying - Tear Out My Eyes

The storm is coming and I have no choice
To accept nature or lose my voice
Shall I scream and plead for nothing
Or build a roof over my head?
I mourn the days that I wasted
Trying to change what has been set
Fighting against myself

Before I tear, tear out my eyes
I'll just admit they're part of me

I've labelled enemies who do not hate me
And then claimed friends who could care less
All an unnecessary struggle
So now I truly know what it means to repent
Changing everything

Before I tear, tear out my eyes
I'll just admit they're part of me
(they're part of me)

Instead of fighting against myself
I will open my eyes
To find who needs me
I am awakened
I am awakened
 
Musings

Betrayal

There are many ways it can happen. One thing always remains the same in all cases. it is extremely difficult to move past, to forgive and forget. Sometimes it just takes time, others showings of good faith, sometimes nothing can mend the bridge.

I do know that respect must exist between the fracture to find a solution. When acts of blatant disrespect occur, the gap widens.

Que sirrah sirrah.
 
Que Sera Sera. :rose:

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother what will I be
Will I be pretty
Will I be rich
Here's what she said to me

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera sera

When I was just a child in school
I asked my teacher what should I try
Should I paint pictures
Should I sing songs
This was her wise reply

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera sera

When I grew up and fell in love
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead
Will there be rainbows day after day
Here's what my sweetheart said

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera sera

What will be, will be
Que sera sera...

:rose:

Love must exist.

:heart:
 
Last edited:
Thanks Yeishia. I enjoyed that. I also see that my phones auto correct changed my spelling to something incorrect.

-grins, then hugs her-
 
It was unlike her to be in such a mood. The whirlwind pace she’s approached life is so different than the languid uncertain air she offers him now. She comes to him in those slow unhurried steps, as if she has all the time in the world. When time itself is so precious.

Her gaze sweeps over him. Once. And she lets him see it, her assessment of him. The way her gaze drops and slowly rise to hold his.

“hey” A single syllable in a deep alto, just before the smile touches the edge of her lips - uncertain. Her steps stop, close enough to touch him if she chose to in that wavering moment of indecision.
 
Night.

A time he particularly favored. When most were asleep there was a quiet that simply did not exist during the day. The air was often cool and nature was alive. He could hear the sounds of nature. No four walls could ever shut out the mother of all.

The room was comfortably furnished, though sparsely used. His favorite chair looked lived in, the couch, the chair that sat companion to it, the rest of the furniture looked barely touched. He heard footsteps shift from hard wood floor to throw rug, then back again.

Turning with a slow smile as he watched her approach. Her gaze was seeking, her gaze found his features. He let her eyes roll over him without worry. His own gaze waited patiently to meet hers.

"Hello my dear. How are you this evening?"

His voice was soft, warm, relaxed.
 
She purses her lips in thought, a simple question should not have warranted the pause she gave.

“Wanting.” She answers with definite clarity, so characteristic of her own bullish nature. “But not sure if I should be... taking.” Her words, and tone soften after that first one, the waver of decision apparent.

Her hand fists, then unfurls with splayed fingers. She reaches for him, the motion is slight and brief and then clenches again. The distance between them is so small, but her indecision makes it so far away.
 
A curious tilt of his head offered at her words. It was not much to go on but he knew she would explain if she could manage it. He could tell by body language that there was more going on behind her eyes than just 'want'.

A strong hand sliding out to rest upon her tiny shoulder. Squeezing firmly, but with the warmth and comfort of familiarity that was always present in his tone.

"You are my guest. If it is within my power it is yours. And in this place a great many things are within my power. Relax, my friend."

The distance melted as that hand on her shoulder slid up to press lightly into the back of her skull. Soft fingers pressing softly to incline her head forward just enough. Leaning forward and down his lips brush lightly against her forehead with a warm caress.
 
He closes that distance for her. Her eyes close as she feels the rough stubble of his chin tickle her forehead. The harder lines of her body softening. That he takes the first step, is a relief, one that she doesn’t quite understand herself.

“But I don’t want your power, or this place, or it’s offerings.” She quips and takes a half step closer, yielding into the draw of his hand. Her own hand touches him now. The solid build beneath her fingertips telling of the strength therein.

She borrows a fraction of that strength, to steady herself as her toes bring her closer to him. Her voice softens, darkens into a whisper. “I want you.”

She hazards a kiss, the words nearly disappearing within them. The gentle meeting as the soft pout of her lips claim his.
 
Closeness was never a problem for him. As long as it was physical closeness. When he bridged the gap something about her seemed to melt. She sank into his broad chest and the warmth of her skin made awareness prickle over his flesh.

"I want you

The whisper was soft, but it held power. Strong fingers curled into her hair as the soft words flooded his thoughts. Drawing in a deep breath which only expanded that barrel broad chest he let it out in a soft sigh.

He had no time to formulate a reply. Her lips met his in a delicate embrace. For a man his lips were full and soft, good for kissing. The touch of his lips met hers with equal softness. His free hand drew fingertips along the small of her back as the kiss held. An idle pattern of sensual touch. He pressed closer, letting the heat of his flesh soak into her slender form.
 
Fire and Ice.

His hand warms rapidly through the silk that separates them, even as he pulls her closer. It makes her shiver. No doubt a tremble that he feels now that they’re so close.

Her cool fingertips on his chest trace the hard lines of his body upwards, to rest against the line of his jaw and draw him in. Lips part and meet in a languid dance as she captures his bottom lip, and releases her captive. Only to return to the slow waltz of another kiss.

Her other hand snakes around his waist, yielding into his much larger frame. Silk is too thin a barrier to separate the heat radiating from him.
 
The chill in her skin was a soothing balm. It tugged goose bumps over the bare skin of his chest. He was blessed with the feeling of her shivering against his thick frame.

His lip was stolen, captured between hers. He couldn't help but let a deep, warm chuckle rumble from within his throat. When she released him he spoke softly into her lips, his tone had mirth tangled within the slow simmering heat.

"Careful kitten. I may just have to bite back."

Then his lips were hers again. Tilting his head to add depth to the kiss, just enough to add heat and traces of slow building hunger. A soft growl of pleasure filled his chest, vibrated against her smaller frame.
 
She had been playful. Teasing. And his words broadened her smile.

“I might...” She whispered between kisses, her lips barely touching his. “take you on that offer.”

The growl resonated and she responded with one of her own. Triggering a much softer rumble. She pressed against him as her kiss drew feral. Her hand tightening around him, sinking into the deepness of his kiss. She could melt here.

“I want you.” A barely contained growl as her hand returned to hook just under his belt.

Her lips trail from his lips. Nibbles that drew into harsher bites that eased just as quickly. Feeling the rough stubble of his chin as sharp nips punctuate in conjunction with the pull of her hand at his belt. Deftly undoing the restraint that kept her from him.
 
Last edited:
Her words made his lips quirk into a grin. It faded as rapidly as it had come as heat entered the kiss.

She spoke her want again and he broke the kiss slowly. Eyes glittering as they stared back at hers. Fingers reaching up to trail along her scalp, nails digging into sensitive flesh.

"So you keep saying, kitten. Is that all you wanted though? Just a kiss?"

His tone was playful and deep yet there was something else subtly offered. He was taunting her, prodding her. If she was going to get what she wanted she was going to have to show desire, true desire.

The belt went slack slowly and heat started to glitter in his eyes. His hands drifted to hers, pulling them away from the denim prison of his faint arousal.

"If you want more, undo it with your teeth. If you want more, I want to feel your desire."
 
Her eyes narrowed. Eye contact holding in the challenge of his words. Slowly she drops away from him. Her breath washing over his skin as she made a slow descent. Sinking to her knees, her cheek rests against the rough grain of his pants. A nuzzle before her teeth claim a denim edge and tugged.

She hated denim.

An impatient growl was voiced as she struggled with the button. Unyielding as her efforts became angrier and her pulls harder.

Demanding bastard.

The button came undone. A triumphant grin accompanied the small victory over such a small accessory. It's loss allowing just a little more slack as she nudged her way through to brush her nose against his skin.

Now the fucking zipper.

It came easier than the button. Perhaps her wrath had intimidated the strip of metal caught between her teeth as it glided down.
 
Last edited:
His gaze was unflinching as me met her eyes. There was a wicked grin resting upon those soft lips. His eyes glittered.

As she sank down to her knees and nuzzled against the bulge she was offered a reward, albeit a small one. Her cheek resting against his male need, she could feel it twitch against her soft skin. Feel his length come alive and harden. Just the sight of her on her knees, the feel of her skin against his despite the denim made him swell.

She began the task he set about for her and he could see the frustration mounting. Good, he wanted that, wanted emotion. He wanted something to feed off.

The button surrendered to her teeth, her nose pressed against the soft, hair covered flesh of his stomach. Another reward was hers to claim. Just the simple gesture was enough to produce a rush of his scent through the parted fabric. His unique musk filled her nostrils as she continued with the zipper.

He had to bite back a groan. The feel of her gliding along him despite the flimsy cotton undergarments sent a surge of delight through him. Another twitch and shift beneath her skin.

Despite his efforts at control he began breathing a little harder. Hurried, ragged breaths.
 
His reaction had been lost on her. So consumed was she with her task. But now, now that she’d conquered, the ferocity was only sharpened. She could smell him. The decidedly masculine musk drew her in as her nose rubbed the skin just above the waist band.

She nuzzled against the softer patch of cotton, letting the slow exhale of her breath radiate heat through the thin fabric. She looked up at him from there. Watching for his reaction as she dampened the cloth with her tongue. Although not against skin, she still traced a meandering line along the proof of his need, however little the unforgiving denim allowed her.

She nipped at him there. Lips capturing what would have been skin, had not the boxer briefs stood in her way. A light pull and a quick release, before she sat back on her haunches. Her gaze still not leaving his.

“Perhaps you should show me that you want more, that you want this.” She smiled.

“Strip”
 
Back
Top