Massachusetts Father Mad Just Because Public School Teaches ‘There Is No God But Alla

FGB

Literotica Guru
I'm thinking there had better be more to this story...

http://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-father-mad-just-because-public-school-teaches-161617637.html

Massachusetts Father Mad Just Because Public School Teaches ‘There Is No God But Allah’

Millions of students in public schools don’t understand fractions or pronouns at even a basic level but students in the oceanfront Boston suburb of Revere, Mass. are taking the time to learn all about Islam — in the most embarrassingly shallow and cheerleading way imaginable.

Part of the textbook prints the Muslim Call to Prayer, according to Boston NBC affiliate WHDH.

“I bear witness that there is no God but Allah,” it says.

The textbook portion also reverently celebrates Muhammad’s life.

There is.

You just chose to copy and paste what you liked and didn't read the rest of the story.

I don't think printing the Muslim call to prayer in a textbook is necessarily indoctrination in Islam, any more than reading the text of the Magna Carta in a history book makes me English. Like it or not, Mohammed is a somewhat significant figure. It becomes indoctrination if the school is teaching it as dogma, which I am going to assume isn't taking place.

Besides, belief that "there is no God but Allah" is the one thing Islam, Judaism, and Christianity have in common. That the angry parent apparently doesn't realize this is both embarrassing and unsurprising.

I don't think printing the Muslim call to prayer in a textbook is necessarily indoctrination in Islam, any more than reading the text of the Magna Carta in a history book makes me English. Like it or not, Mohammed is a somewhat significant figure. It becomes indoctrination if the school is teaching it as dogma, which I am going to assume isn't taking place.

Besides, belief that "there is no God but Allah" is the one thing Islam, Judaism, and Christianity have in common. That the angry parent apparently doesn't realize this is both embarrassing and unsurprising.

If they are teaching there is no god but Allah - or God or Jehovah or The Great Spirit or The Man Upstairs - that is a clear violation of the First Amendment. :eek: Likewise, if they teach that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything, that is no less a violation. :eek:

ETA: Why are they celebrating the life or Mohammed? Would they celebrate the life of Hitler? The two men were very similar, except Hitler was not a pedophile.

Last edited:
If they are teaching there is no god but Allah - or God or Jehovah or The Great Spirit or The Man Upstairs - that is a clear violation of the First Amendment. :eek: Likewise, if they teach that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created everything, that is no less a violation. :eek:

ETA: Why are they celebrating the life or Mohammed? Would they celebrate the life of Hitler? The two men were very similar, except Hitler was not a pedophile.

Pedophilia is a modern construct less than a century old. Before 1926 preteens married, worked in bordellos, and otherwise were treated as small adults. My old man enlisted in the Marine Corps when he was 13, served in the Pacific, and was 15 when World War 2 ended. Different world then.

oh, is the sky falling again? that's nice, dear.

Multiculturalism is very important.

Without that and redistributive economic theory, we are not producing well-rounded students who score high on standardized science and math tests.

I would think that the little darlings would certainly know this before enrolling/matriculating.

Doesn't everyone?

baconkid.gif

I'm pretty sure that this school has the Lord's Prayer printed in its textbooks to in order to make sure the Islamic booger-eaters get just as well-rounded an education...

There's probably that Great Jew Psalm, Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Palestine.

:nods:

I wonder which Buddhist texts they're using? Lesser or Greater Vehicle...

Says the diseased fuck who fantasizes about fucking his granddaughter.

I hope you get murdered.

You should be banned for baiting the Jihaddi amongst us with such offensive imagery.

:mad:

I should be banned on General Principles.

Or at least on Second Lefftenant Principles.

Please report this and all my posts to Laurel at your earliest convenience, and have Her Madanship punt my ass.

I'm thinking there had better be more to this story...

http://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-father-mad-just-because-public-school-teaches-161617637.html

Massachusetts Father Mad Just Because Public School Teaches ‘There Is No God But Allah’

Millions of students in public schools don’t understand fractions or pronouns at even a basic level but students in the oceanfront Boston suburb of Revere, Mass. are taking the time to learn all about Islam — in the most embarrassingly shallow and cheerleading way imaginable.

Part of the textbook prints the Muslim Call to Prayer, according to Boston NBC affiliate WHDH.

“I bear witness that there is no God but Allah,” it says.

The textbook portion also reverently celebrates Muhammad’s life.

hey, remember how you were whining about being ignored? yeah, this is why: you're kind of a dumb fuck.

And since they're not doing that, what's the problem?

They're not doing that either.

It's a history book. It covers religions. When they talk about a religion they don't teach the religion. They are in essence saying "here's what Muslims/Hindus/Christians" believe.

Anyone who is not an idiot understands this.

I should be banned on General Principles.

Or at least on Second Lefftenant Principles.

Please report this and all my posts to Laurel at your earliest convenience, and have Her Madanship punt my ass.

She has No Time for Sergeants.

1) This is why, in the USoA at least, public institutions need to be entirely secular.
2) Religious conservatives would do well to realize that if they can force public institutions to teach other people's kids about their religion, other people can force those same institutions to teach about other religions.
3) One's religious sensibilities does not entitle one to any special privileges or exemptions in a secular society.

Questions not answered by the article:
1)The article stated is was at an elementary school, but not the grade level. There is a huge difference between a first grader & a fifth grader. So which grade(s) are reading this text?
2)How does said textbook treat other religions/religious figures?
3)What is the title of the textbook in question & who is the publisher?
4)Why was this not identified & addressed before the local Board of Education was approving the textbook lists?

And since they're not doing that, what's the problem?

They're not doing that either.

It's a history book. It covers religions. When they talk about a religion they don't teach the religion. They are in essence saying "here's what Muslims/Hindus/Christians" believe.

Anyone who is not an idiot understands this.

this is 100% incorrect

Back