Tigrans' Revenge IC

Winking at Isis with a grin whispers into her ear watch this. ''Ye City cats don't be hidin yeself to well. Looking up into the trees with deep rumbling chuckle with a wolfish grin. ''Why don't ye bring yer tail's on down and greet yer fellow freedom fighters?'' Isis laughs musically watching the trees with a smile.

''As a Captain of the Royal Lancers we could go completely unnoticed in cover. ''My friend Scar here is right...come on down and greet us.'' The girls put their hand over their mouths giggling up at them all. Scar lifts the wine skin taking another drink, Isis nibbled the jerky he'd offered her. The girls nibbled on cheese and crusty bread, as the six of them lounge in the cool shaded grass.

It had been long hot days trek, it was a well deserved rest but the band needs to move on. Isis had trained and well conditioned them, being they gathered their supplies and weapons. Scar and Isis stood and stretched their limbs, putting on his pack she lifts her bag and spear. ''We're moving out to join up with the other Tigran's.''

Isis took the lead once again as usual, the girls would fall in behind her, Scar would take a rear guard position. If the male Tigran's were going to join up, right now was the appropriate time to so. The big bore musket in his huge left hand, Scar shoulders the powerful weapon glancing up into the trees. ''If ye be joinin us ye better move ye arses up there.'' Grumbling irritably Scar ambles along behind the girls.
 
Gilly and Felina

Gilly took the note and read it carefully. “Do you really think your king wrote this? Wouldn’t he make a personal appearance for something this important? My guess is the bugs wrote it and just put the king’s name on it. They probably have him held up in the castle to get information from him so they can make you all think he is working with them. But seriously, would a Tigran, any Tigran, work with the bugs willingly?”

There was something that just didn’t sit right with Gilly after reading that note. Why do the bugs need the ore here, don’t they have ore where they come from? Also, why would the Tigrans so willingly agree to help them and risk the peace they currently have with the humans?

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, there is a whole arsenal in the other room! Do you know how to use any specific weapons? Ever trained at all for any kind of defense?” Gilly asks as she walks over to the wall where the door is hidden and slowly opens it.
 
Skadu

Skadu grinned. These Tigrans were an unobservant lot. They were disparaging the scouts from the city yet the whole time he was standing in plain view yet they had not seen him and were even now going in the wrong direction. So much for their bragging about being big bad lancers. As for their ability to move through the jungle unseen Skadu laughed. He could have followed their trail when he was but a cub wet in the whiskers. He decided they needed a lesson in humility.

Drifting back into the shadows he easily passed them unseen and set up several traps for them then took upa position in a tree to watch the coming fun. Several minutes later the nearby birds grew silent and then flew off. His prey was approaching.
 
Felina and Gilly

Felina looked at Gilly for a second. “You know … you must be right. The king has always been loyal and brave. This note must be false. But the bugs are being pretty smart. A lot of tigrans will think this is the king’s note. They will meet in the squares and start working in the mines.” Felina concluded. "We need to stop this … maybe we can free the king? Then he can tell the people this note is false!” Felina suggested.

Gilly shook her head side to side “I’m sure he is super well protected. We’d have no chance. But we don’t really need the king … we could write our own “false” note … post it on the doors … that will muddy the waters … so the tigrans start to question all these notes. That would mess up the bug’s plans!”

Felina nodded “Yes … will need paper and lots of it … and some way to mass produce the notes” She said … thinking out loud. Then the solution hit her.

“The Monasteries!” Felina said “both of them have lots of scribes … if we can get them on our side!”

“First thing is first … weapons and what are you skilled in?” Gilly asked

“I know the basics of using a sword … that is it … sorry my dad was a fighter … I went into pottery” Felina said.

Gilly sighed she had her work cut out for her. “Ok… let’s go into the armory” She suggested.

Felina entered the room … It was long and narrow with stone walls. There were spears, swords, shields, bows, quivers, arrows, sais, throwing stars, and armor on selves and racks along the walls. In addition to all that there were backpacks and lots of small bottles with fluid in them. Felina walk in deeper looking at some more different weapons, she picked up a throwing star looking at it.

“How does this work?” She asked.

Gilly sighed again and said to himself “This is going to take a lot of time!” Then she looked at Felina “Throwing star … why don’t you throw it against the door” Gilly suggested.

Felina threw it and it stuck in … right in the middle.

“Maybe this won’t take as long as I thought” She said to herself.
 
Mirri

Mirri entered the Tent to find a small sleeping area curtained off containing a single cot, and the rest of the tent set up with several large tables and chairs. All of the Tables were covered in maps and hastily drawn notes and diagrams. A large map of the city had been placed in a frame and wheeled to stand near the main table along with a brazier and several candelabra. The rest of the tent was illuminated with lanterns and she saw two guards standing at the other entrance.

Making her way to the maps she saw that the city map showed areas that had been destroyed, damaged and taken over as well as where the citizens were still living normally. There were also several red areas on the map that she knew from her planning sessions meant that Tigran soldier's had set up camp there and were awaiting orders. Those places would come in handy later but for now they would have to lie low and just become intelligence gatherer's.

The other map was of the little tent village they had here. It was very well thought out and masterfully executed. Mirri was impressed with Hatur's command and knew with him on their side they had a good chance against these fowl Tailess muckrakers. The problem was they couldn't stay here. They needed to move to somewhere a lot more defensible than a tent city before they could begin attacking back in earnest. They had to get the civilians safe, provide them shelter, a good supply of fresh water, food and a place to train. What they needed was a guide or an idea.
 
Scar, Isis and the girls

Scar looked up to the sun shading his eyes. ''Isis ye said the trainin grounds was this way, but ye have the sun 20 degrees off.'' The powerfully built Worgen also had wary feeling raise his hackles. ''I dun knoo bout ye Lass but I smell a trap. Ain't no City Tigran's either it'sa Hunter I jus knoo it. Motions for the girls to backtrack in their exact steps, Scar was doing the same with his head on a swivel.

It just did not feel right at all, it was also far to silent after the birds were flushed. Draws his claymore and wickedly curved Worgen dagger. Isis curses under her breath as she's led them off course, and tail lashes about angrily at all this. Lifting her spear in a combination defense and attack position, the girls automatically do to same scanning the greenery.

Scar fades into the shadows of cover to remove his pack, as Isis and the girls follow suit and blend into cover. Watching and listening they got into defensive positions, Isis directly across the trail could sign back to Scar. Hunters were silent stealthy devils that were very cunning, hopefully this one wasn't too territorial and was just having fun.
 
Last edited:
Skadu

Skadu had watched them walking forward with a smile, then the Worgen had finally noticed that they were headed in the wrong direction. He also noted that he seemed on edge. Perhaps he wasn't as dimwitted as he looked. Streaking passed them he took up a new position behind them and watched as they backtracked out of his trap zone, only stepping where they had stepped before. A good strategy but if needed one he could counter, but it showed they were well disciplined and trained. Perhaps he had misjudged this group.

They tried to conceal themselves and honestly they did a fairly good job. Even some hunter cubs would be hard pressed to spot them, but he had lived here his whole life. The jungle was his home. To him they may as well be standing out in the open. He could play some more or take them to their destination. Truth was he wanted a way to talk to the leader of that camp anyway and maybe this was it.

Skadu gave a mighty coughing bark and looked at their reactions. Some of the girls cringed, others tensed but the two leaders just readied themselves, their heads swiveling looking for the source. Skadu was impressed. He would take these ones in. "You are so inexperienced in my jungle," he began his voice creaking from non use. "I will guide you to your camp quickly so that you may leave it."
 
Shella

Queen Shella entered the command tent where she had seen Mirri go earlier. Following behind her was Aziza and Sanura. She had found both of them weapons, a Tigran war pick and scimitar. The queen moved over to Mirri.

“Maps of the city … what do all these color mean?” Shella asked pointing to the red areas. Mirri example the red areas on the map were hidden resistance units.

“Do we have communication and reports come out of the city?” The queen asked. Mirri knew there had been reports … but most of them have all been from fleeing civilians.

“I know some information is flowing … but Hatur would know the specifics.” Mirri explained.

Just then Hatur and the human knight walked into the command tent. The queen heard Hatur finish his statement as he entered “As a knight of the church … I think it is safe to show you what we know …” the commander stated. Then he saw the queen and Mirri.

“My queen … I’m so glad to see you! Talon Leader Mirri, told me you were alive. May I introduce Sir Deson Hild … a Knight of the church.”

The Knight moved to the Tigran Queen but before any formal greeting could be exchanged the queen said “Let’s dispense with formal greetings … welcome and thanks for your help. Please let me know if there is anything you need. Talon Leader Mirri was just explaining about communication with loyal units within the city.” She stated.

Mirri smiled “My queen … commander Hatur has additional knowledge on that subject”

The commander straightened up “Yes … well it is a bit spotty. I told inside units to use the river … place notes with information in bottles … and float them down stream. There is a significant time delay in getting information … but it is very safe for our inside people. No easy way for the bugs to catch them slipping a bottle in the river.”

Sir Deson Hild cleared his throat “Any means to detect authentication?”

Commander Hatur nodded “That is a good question … unfortunately … no”

The queen seemed puzzled by the conversation so Commander Hatur explained “If the bugs figure out the bottle message system … they can place false information in bottles to fool us. We do not have a code word … or something like that … to ensure the messages are coming from one of our units.’

“Too bad there is not a secret tunnel back into the city … we could send in our own units there to ensure more reliable and secure communications.” Queen Shella pointed out.

Talon Leader Mirri pointed out “there are more problems … we shouldn't stay here. It is not very defensible and we need to get the civilians safe, provide them shelter, a good supply of fresh water, food and a place to train.”

Queen Shella thought for a moment “Are you suggesting we leave the Tablelands?”

Mirri answered “Maybe …”

Queen Shella explored their options. “The tablelands contain all the food … the grain fields and fruit-bearing orchards … and water.” She pointed out “East of the city in the nearby hills is Makla, it is near the iron mines. That is defensible … but not as much food … to the west is Imveria a draconian town, but I’m not sure they would welcome us … they might fear a demon attack for helping us.”

Aziza spoke up “what about closer to Ardalis … like the City of the Dead, Ardalis’ cemetery. The Bone yard is a sprawling burial ground with lots of stone mausoleums, mass graves, and private plots.”

“The people would need to hide during the day … but there is food and water nearby … and it does offer some defense. Good idea!” Commander Hatur said. “The three sisters magic school … is not big enough … so that is out” The commander continued.

“It sounds like our choices are Makla in the hills … or City of the Dead … everyone … I’d like to hear your comments or other suggestions.” The queen asked everyone.
 
Mirri

"I would have to vote for the Makla my Queen. At the moment we need a place that is defensible and will be able to house all of the citizens in comfort. We will have enough water there and we will be able to scout the mines and see if the citizens are following the Shadow lords orders willingly or are being forced. This could also be a way for us to gather intelligence and slip spies in and out easier. The food situation can be solved by sending out our scouts with patrols to hunt. This will solve two problems in one, it will keep them sharp and keep everyone fed."

Mirri looked at the maps and checked the location of the camp and the general area of the transfer camp. "It will be a hard trip if we choose to go that way but we would be travelling through the jungle most of the way and then only a day or so through the hills at the end. It won't be easy on the civilians but they will have water and food, plus shelter every step of the way."

Mirri turned around and looked at the Queen. "My Queen that is my recommendation as your acting General. Of course that is based on the information we have at hand now. I would happily change my mind if I was given a better option. Also I have some ideas about our comrades inside the city but I would like to discuss them with commander Hatur and Lord Haki before coming to you with that idea."
 
Aziza and Sanura

Aziza happily took the weapons that were handed to her, taking Sanura to the side, she quietly asked, "Which one of these do you prefer?" At the worried look on Sanura's face she added, "Are you even familiar with weapons?" Her sister shook her head in the negative. Whereas Aziza replied," Of course not, what was I thinking? You were brought up at the Monastery. Well I do know something about weapons." She then informed her that she would teach her. Aziza handed her the scimitar keeping the war pick for herself.

They turned towards the others in the tent and listened as the leaders and the Queen talked about where to move the camp. Once the discussions were over for the time being, Aziza took the opportunity and moved towards Queen Shella signaling her sister to come too.

Standing beside the Queen, Aziza waited to be noticed. When the Queen finally had a moment she looked at the young Tigran with a smile saying, "Is there something you need?"

Aziza bowed her head, before looking up, Yes...yes my Queen, I would like to pledge my life and my sister's to you. I would like...we would be honored if you would make use of us as operatives, be it body guards to your person, or being sent out within the enemy to gather information." Sanura nodded her head in cooperation. Aziza continued, "Please ...let us be of some use in these trying times. We won't let you down." They both waited anxiously for the Queen's answer.
 
He bowed slightly at the queen,

"From what I know and from what I have heard, the hills would be best, eyes can be kept on prisoners and guards alike. Food would be hard to come by, that is the least of your worries, no offense meant, but your race are rather adapted to not starve."

He bowed slightly to the queen,

"Also I believe your husband the king to be alive, a few brighter mind may start a rebellion if the king isn't shown to them. Perhaps at such a time a well-placed group could snatch the king? Of course if the prisons are to be suddenly opened it would cause a good distraction for such a plan."

He shrugged,

"Unfortunately my skills lie in open attack and stragedies, for now I will be of little use to you. May I have your leave to visit the injured?"
 
Gilly and Felina

Gilly was amazed when Felina hit the door dead center. “Where were you aiming when you threw that?” Gilly asked.

Felina stood there in shock that it hit exactly where she aimed it. “Right where it hit” Felina replied shakily. “Are they always that easy to use?” She asked.
“Um, no, why don’t you try it again but this time try hitting that red spot on that post over there across the room” Gilly suggested.

Felina picked up another star, took a steady breath and threw the star. It stuck right in the red spot that Gilly pointed out. “Wow! You sure you have never seen one of these before? You are a natural with the stars!” Gilly said. “Okay, let’s grab what we need and get out of here. It will be dark soon and we can try to get to the monastery. We have to try to counteract those fliers as quickly as possible. If we can get the printed and start putting them up tonight, maybe we can give people hope so they won’t feel betrayed like you did when you first read their fliers.”

Gilly grabs a few daggers, the backpack with the fluids and pulls the stars out of the wood and puts them in a belt that holds six stars. She then grabs a bag that is full of stars and hands it all to Felina. “Put on the belt and strap the bag to you.” Gilly sees a staff and grabs it as they exit the armory room.

Gilly hands Felina some dried meat. “We should eat a little before we head out, besides, it isn’t dark enough to head out yet, but will be shortly.”
 
Gilly and Felina

Darkness had covered the city. Felina now “gray” fur blended in well. She was the gray ghost of death … or at least she felt that way. Shadow demons patrolled the city in small three demon units. But the city was too big to cover it well. Felina and Gilly had discussed which Monastery to go to. Vito had been damaged by the earthquake. Vento had not been, but it was further away, and across the river.

“I don’t think we have any choice … we have to make it to Vento” Gilly said in the end.

“But how do we cross the river? Surely the bridges will be watched” Felina said.

A big smile appeared on Gilly’s face “There are ways … trust me” She said.

The two snuck out … and headed to Ottha Bridge. As they moved between the alleyways Felina saw a demon patrol. She pulled a star from her belt. But Gilly placed her hand on top of Felina’s.

“No” Gilly said firmly.

“We need to kill as many of them as possible!” Felina whispered back.

“We are only two … you need to pick when to engage the invaders … tonight’s mission to more important than that one patrol. Don’t you agree?” Gilly told Felina.

“Yes” Felina said and put the star away.

They made good progress to the bridge, and then Gilly stepped into a small dock house next to the bridge. She move to a floor grate and pulled it up. She dropped down into the pit. Felina followed her and found a tunnel there.

“Smuggler’s tunnel … to the rich tigrans on isle of ventulli.” Gilly explained.

Felina eyes got bigger “How do you know about this …?” She asked and then answered her own question “You are a smuggler!” she gasped.

Gilly shushed her “My past is my own… I’ll tell you I’m not a smuggler … I will help you … but don’t ask any more questions.”

The two moved on … they crossed into river under the bridge. There were hatches in the passageway which could be opened to “drop” things (or take thing out) of passing boats. What a clever idea the smugglers had come up with. Boats could be inspected at the dock and nothing would be found. They made it to the other side, across the narrow isle and across the bridge of Nibila.

They were now in the dense older city. What was called the merchant’s quarter. Gilly did not open the small dock building door. Instead she went up the stairs. Felina followed.

“Where are we going?” the busty Tigran’s potter asked.

“To the roof” Gilly said.

“Why?” Felina asked.

“You’ll see” Gilly answered. Gilly was having a blast showing Felina some of the tricks she had learned over the five years she had been a rogue and thief. She was having fun with another person. She had forgotten how she had missed this. But it also … broke one of her rules. Don’t get close to people. DON’T EVER GET CLOSE TO ANYONE. She would need to leave after this. It made her sad. But that was her rule. She took a deep breath and let it out. Until she left … however, she was going to enjoy this.

They got on the roof and she crouched down. Felina next to her.

“You see … roof top travel is much safer than on street level. Now follow me and trend lightly with your cat paw feet!” Gilly slipped off her boots … her Halfling furry feet were almost as quiet as cat paws.

They started to jump from roof to roof, quietly moving to the monastery. They passed the collapsed west gate. The huge stone lion statues still stood guard, but the gate was close with rocks. They arrived at the monastery and could see candles burning in some of the windows. As Felina got closer and peeked in she saw Tigran monks writing signs for the demon to post! She also saw a Demon patrolling the hallway.

“The vento hairballer monks … are working for the demons!” Felina gasped “What do we do now?” She asked Gilly.
 
Queen Shella

Queen Shella stood in the command tent and nodded at the wise council she received. Everyone agreed to Makla as the best choice. Then an idea struck her. She looked at everyone

“I’m your queen and do not pretend to know anything about strategy … but is there wisdom in putting in a false trail to the city of the dead? Just to throw off our pursuers?”

Lord Haki nodded “Queen Shella that is an excellent idea … and if we were to install a few traps, all the better. I suggest 5 claws (~500 tigrans) lay in a false trail … with traps. Everyone else (5 more claws and all the civilians) move to the river … Their progress will be slow as we want them to leave as small a trail as possible … also put in a few traps as well. The quicker claws will circle back and everyone can meet at the river. Crossing it will take time … but in two days we can all be at Makla.”

“If only we had a hunter … their skill in traps and covering trails … would be useful” The queen stated.

“Perhaps we do have one … I will ask around in the morning” Lord Haki said.

Queen Shella now looked at the human knight.

“Sir Deson Hild, I thank you for your kind words … but my husband …” tears formed in her eyes “is most likely dead. He would never give up … it is one of his character flaws. I hope you are right … by I fear the worst.” Shella said … as tears ran down her face. Lord Haki placed a hand on her shoulder “King Goldenmane will be remembered for his stand at the gate of the citadella … he was a true hero of Ardalis and the Tigran nation!”

“Thank you Lord Haki …” The queen said. The human knight asked about visiting the injured.

“Please … that would be most helpful” She agreed and added “I understand very little about what a “Knight of the Church” can do … or your particular skills. I have been told you are sent on their more dangerous missions. And that your training includes Siege warfare (Note to reader things like the Trebuchet, Ballista, Mangonel, Battering Ram and Siege Towers) - the layout and traps included in castle design … and skills in climbing, scaling castle walls and undermining castle walls. If there is more training that could be used against our enemy … your assistance is greatly needed.”

“I shall give it some thought” The knight said and walked towards the medical tent

The meeting broke up and Aziza and Sanura looking up to Shella. They pledge themselves as body guards and as operatives.

The Queen face grew serious “I accept your help in all things. I have an idea for a mission … but for tonight … please get some sleep … for if you go on this mission … it will be the last good sleep you two are going to get.”

Mirri and Commander Hatur

Commander Hatur walked over to Mirri concern on his face.

"Mirri ... any word from Kilgor ... our friend ... I can't imagine that crazy intell officer let the bugs get the better of him?" He asked hopeful of good news.
 
Mirri and Commander Hattur

Hattur asked Mirri about Kilgor and suddenly the pain came flooding back. "Kilgor chose to stay behind with the King Commander. You know what that means. I have slim hopes for his survival but I am sure that he died like a true Tigran warrior. I believe he is roaming the great jungles even now." Both warriors bent their heads and placed their right paws on their hearts cupping it with their claws. While Tigrans didn't have any deities to speak of they still believed that if they lived well they're spirits would live free in a great jungle able to run and play with those that had gone before them.

"He was a good man Mirri and will be sorely missed," Hatur said clapping her on the shoulder.
"Thank you Commander," smiled Mirri "He would have been pleased to hear those words from you." Shaking herself Mirri looked around. "Enough of this talk however, we have a move to plan. First let me congratulate you on a brilliant job Commander. This camp site is set out superbly. With the amount of men you had and the time frame you are to be commended. Now as to the logistics of transporting it though, just how many Tigrans does it take to carry each tent, how long to put up and take down each one and who many supplies do we have with us?"

Commander Hatur smiled at the speed Mirri could become his General again. That was the mark of a good leader. She also asked good questions, straight to the heart of the matter. "Each of the smaller tents can be carried by one Tigran. They break down that way. However I would split the load between two. There is the canvas shell and the metal poles and ropes and spikes. One Tigran for the shell one for the innards so to speak. The larger tents need four cats therefore if you implement my plan eight Tigrans. Some of the furniture in here breaks down to, same as the beds in the healers tent so they can come with us. I would estimate that we would need an hour each morning and night to make camp."

Mirri grimaced but knew it could not be helped. The civilians needed this camp. They were not used to roughing it like her troops and would not survive the two or three days it took them to reach Makla. "What about the supply situation Commander. I assume we have enough men to carry it all up to Makla?"
"More than enough actually General," Hatur grimaced. "This was supposed to be a training facility and the supplies buried here emergency rations only. We are running out quick. I know of several other emergency stockpiles and have sent out claws to raid them, but that will only give us dried foodstuffs. What we need are fresh fruit and vegetables."
Mirri grinned at her Commander. "Don't worry about that Hatur, I have a plan for that. For now just prepare the civilians to move. They may take only what they can carry, no exceptions. I expect by now some of our richer townspeople maybe starting to complain and trying to use their influence. Any big trouble makers send them to me. We will be moving first light in two days. Get some sleep tonight Commander, Tomorrow will be a busy day and I doubt you will get much sleep tomorrow night",she grinned.
 
Deson Hild

He entered the medical tent and found that the amount of injured was much more than his senses had picked up. He could sense that some healing magic had helped a few, but some where beyond this point, they needed dedicated magic. He followed his senses to these Tigrans, removing his gloves, he leaned over them, hands seemingly stroking their aura, finding places which housed the internal injuries. Broken bones, damaged organs all of these he found and as he found them light flared from his hands as he touched fur. The only problem with this was that his touch had no dulling effect, it healed and when it healed the pain returned of what damaged it.

He told each Tigran he went to what he would be doing, he explained to them exactly how painful it would be. After the first few cries soldiers rushed in, but the healed Tigrans stopped them. Though weakened enough by the ordeal not to be able to stand, they could still talk. Deson moved through the injured ranks, after dealing with the most serious cases, he left. He was drained, hungry and tired, for the first time in years he was shaking with exhaustion and almost unable to walk.
 
Again Scar's hackles rose on the back of his neck, behind him this time he held a hand up. Isis and the girls held fast in their positions, Isis raised her spear looking past his position. Nodding an affirmative and signing Hunter, steps out of pointless hiding to face the rear. Just as he expected the Tigran Hunter barks out mightily. Scar rumbles a deep chuckle, sheathing his Claymore and Worgen dagger. ''Aye an ye traps stick oout like sore thumbs...a Hunter no doubt aboout it at all. Much abliged we be allowin yoou ta guide us...betteh ta be followin a Hunter than bein hunted by one.''

Isis steps out of cover with a pissed off expression, leaning over to whisper into Scar's ear. ''Back in my day not even a Hunter could find me!'' His remaining pale blue eye cuts her way, leaning down to whisper into her ear. ''Aye...but ye have ample opportunities ta regain skills.'' Isis scowls in the Hunters approximate location. ''I smelled your scent out of the other Cats.. you had your fun with us now can we go? All of us Tigrans must ban together now Hunter.''

The girls had fallen into ranks of two behind Isis and Scar, some annoyed at the Hunters fun. Others were outright pissed off for being toyed with, the looks his direction proof of it. They didn't have to speak their displeasure, the Hunter probably could smell the scent. Iscara spoke up between Scar and Isis ''We also would appreciate it if we got moving Sir!'' The rest of the six girls affirmed her statements, some quietly others more colorfully so.
 
Last edited:
Skadu

Skadu climbed down the tree quietly then walked out of the shadows beside the female leading the group. Coughing slightly when she failed to see him she sprang back and leveled her spear at him. He merely waited for her to calm herself. He knew how he must look to a city dweller. A large black panther of which there were few anyway he stands well over 7 feet tall. Heavily muscled but lithe of frame he is wearing his light leather armor and has his bow and arrows slung across his back, his short sword hanging on his hip, his skinning knife in his boot and his war claws strapped to his belt.

When he is sure they have all had their fill of looking at him he gestures for them to follow him. "Make sure you keep up and keep as quiet as you can," he tells them in a half whisper as he grins and then sets off at half pace moving soundlessly and wincing at their attempt's behind him.
 
Gilly and Felina

“There are way too many here for us to deal with alone! Maybe we should see how bad the Vito Monastery is. If it is too bad then we have to see about getting help another way! So let’s head back and hope things aren't as bad as we think.”

Gilly and Felina head back across the rooftops and back under the river. They had to move quickly to get the Vito Monastery and check it out before daylight. The monastery was almost to the east gate so they had quite a distance to cover and not be seen. Most people would be inside their homes so couldn't just blend in, they would have to keep to the shadows and watch out for any bug patrols. At least there shouldn't be too many patrols because of the lateness. Staying to the shadows slowed them down a little bit, but they still were able to make it to the monastery with a few hours of darkness still available. Once they were within site of the monastery, Gilly put her hand up for them to stop.

“This isn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. See over there in the remaining spire, there are lights, someone is in there.” Gilly stated.

“How do you know it isn’t just a small fire inside or a candle that wasn’t knocked down when the building collapsed?” Felina asked.

“Watch the light carefully. See that? Did you see that brief shadow? That was someone moving in the room. Also, watch how the light flickers, it is movement that causes the flame to flicker. And before you ask, there isn’t any wind tonight so it isn’t the wind.” Gilly explained.

“Wow, you saw all that in that brief moment? That is so cool!” exclaimed Felina quietly.

“You just have to know what you are looking for is all.” Gilly stated. “Okay, let’s head over to the area that is collapsed, but move quietly and carefully, we don’t want to disturb any rubble and we don’t want anything falling down on us.”

They moved silently and made it to the closest collapsed spire. They stay within the shadows. Once inside they hear movement and duck into a side room. They watch as two of the demons glide by the doorway without pausing. Gilly and Felina slowly creep out and follow them, staying far enough behind to not be noticed. They watch the demons come upon an injured monk. The monk appears to have two broken legs and lots of cuts and abrasions. The demons kill him. Felina gasps and with that Gilly quickly pulls her into a side room hoping the demons didn’t hear her! Felina looks remorseful over letting the gasp escape from her lips and doesn’t make a sound. They listen and hear the demons slowly coming their way. Gilly motions to Felina to stand on one side of the doorway and she stands on the other as they wait to ambush the demons.
 
Felina had been disappointed about the Vento monastery … but she got over it as they made their way into the Vito monastery. They watched as the bugs were wandering through the collapsed section. A monk with two legs wrapped up and splinted lay in a small make shift recovery area. If Felina had to guess, the monk had two broken legs. He was lay next to several other wounded monks. As the demons approached … there was some soft clicking sounds and one of the demon’s drew his sword and stabbed the recovery monk right through the chest.

Felina gasps when she saw it happen. She could not believe it. It was horrible. She was stunned … she would have been seen if Gilly had not quickly pulls her into a side almost ready to collpase room. Gilly was hopeful the demons hadn’t heard Felina. But they had ... and were moving in their direction. Gilly motiond to Felina to stand on one side of the doorway and she stood on the other as they waited to ambush the demons. Just before the demon got to the door, Gilly flicked a small pebble towards the back wall of the room.

Felina held her long kitchen knife in her hand as the first of the two demons came through the doorway hearing the new sound. The creature had its sword out and hurried in looking from where the sound came from … Felina’s gray fur saved her as she blended into the shadows well. The second demon came through the door as well and Felina was on it in an instant. Her knife plunging into the back of its head. It could not even make a “click” sound it had happened so fast. Gilly was equally fast as this time she choose to use her bow. There was a slight “whosh” sound as the arrow sped toward the first demon and stuck it in the head, the arrow tip came out of one of its eyes and the bug crumpled to the floor.

Felina smiled and whispered “Nice!” As they both went over and searched the dead bodies. They recovered money, some paper and the demons’ swords. Felina took the swords as they were too big for Gilly and the Halfling already had her own weapons. She also scratched a small “FO-R” into the dead bug’s exoskeleton.

As they turned to leave the room, the doorway was blocked by a hooded brown robe figure. It stood in the doorway and watched them. It held a small plate on top of which was a candle. As the three people looked at each other … trying to decide what to do … the hooded figure spoke.

“You killed them” It stated.

“Yes” Felina answered.

“The demons will be mad at us … there will be more killing.” The figure stated.

“Not if we make it look like an accident” Gilly suggested.

The figure pulled back his hood. He was an older tigerman … with a kindly face. Both women could see he was conflicted … he was happy the demons were dead … but he was also confused about the ethics of war. “Honor: A Tigran will always strive to conduct themselves in the highest ethical manner in all relationships with peers, superiors and subordinates; to be honest and truthful in their dealings with each other, and with those other outside races. The code of honor cannot be compromised. ” The Monk recited

“This is War!” Felina stated firmly. “That code does apply to your enemy. Those bugs killed an injured monk … one of your brothers … in the next room. When you fight a war … you fight to win and you use whatever mean are necessary. Those dead bugs … are not of this plane of existence … they are not even dead. When we killed them … they return to their formless spirit shape on their own plane.”

The monk nodded “I have never fought in a war before … but you words make sense. I’m Abbot Durtu … those two demons were killing the more injured monks … ones that would not recover fast enough to work in the mines … I … “ he paused as his emotion over took his ability to speak, then he got it back a few seconds later “I cannot thank you enough … They had kill only a few before you stopped them.”

“War is hell … these fuckers are ruthless … it is time to get off the high ground and kick them in the BALLS. Hide the more injured tigrans … and we’ll make this look like an accident”

The abbot moved off and gave orders to some of his people to move the more injured into the secret vaunt below the monastery. Meanwhile, Gilly look to Felina “Roof collapse” She suggested. They only needed to knock a few support beams loose and the roof collapsed on top of the dead bugs.

When the abbot returned Felina stated “You’ll need to report what happened to the bugs … but before you do … are you willing to join the fight?”

The abbot was smiling now “Yes … I feel my self-respect returning … I can’t believe I … was fooled by their words … but I warn you … we are not good fighters.”

“Some combat … does not involve fighting … we need to win the hearts and minds of the people of this city. It will not take swords … but posters!” Felina said smiling at the monk "can you generate some for us in the next few hours?”

“I understand … we’ll get started right away!!” The abbot confirmed. Felina and Gilly found a place to catch a few hours of sleep. But when they woke up there was a hundred poster ready for them. Each said:

EVERTHING THE BUGS TELL YOU IS A LIE!
The King would never surrender as long as he could resist.
Where is King Goldenmane?
RESIST THE BUGS!

FO-R​
 
Last edited:
Jola

It was feeding time. Jola tail slipped over her cell door frame ready to strike. One thing everyone under estimated about a Naga was how long they were. Most of the time a Naga’s full body was coiled up under its human half. So it looked compact, about the same length as a human. But as the bugs were about to find out that was not the case. She was near the back of her cell in the dark as the bugs got ready to open her cell door. There were two of them … She would have preferred one … but Throgram warning had made them cautious. She had decided it was now or never. Jola was completely silent as they opened the door. One was holding a pike directed at her human body. The other carried a bucket of water. Jola tasted the air with her forked tongue flick it in and out. She was tasted her prey. The motion of the tongue drew the guarding bug’s eyes to her … and not to the snake tail that was poised to strike. Her snake body went under the shelf/cot along the wall … and came out against the wall … and snaked over the door frame … that was now behind the guards.

The Shadow demons were totally oblivious to their danger. With lightening like speed Jola wrapped her snake body around both of them. As she did this she also grabbed both buckets and SLAMMED them into the shadow demon’s mouths … they could not close their mouths … they could not make any clicking sounds to warn anyone.

“Shhhhhh” Jola whispered to the bugs as they struggled to click “It is time for you two to die … it is time for the shadow demons to learn that making a Naga your enemy is a big mistake … we are not soft like these furry cats … no … we are NOT” and on that final word her coils tightened … producing a tremendous pressure within the bug’s bodies … there was nowhere for that pressure to go except out. Their heads busted open at the eyes … their internal guts spewing out.

“Opps” Jola grinned evilly as she silently released the dead bugs… She grabbed the keys to the other cells. She also grabbed the pike and still carried both buckets. She went out the open door of her cell ...closing it and locking it like the bugs would have done. She moved to unlock her neighbor’s cell Cap’n Bones Finnegan. As the door opened she handed him the pike.

“Remember …no noise …” She whispered reminding him of the plan they had come up with.

“Thank you ...lassie … freedom and a weapon ... I'm likin' you cold bloods more and more” The Tigran whispered.

Throgram was busy eating the oatmeal like food he had been given … and had not noticed Jola and Capt’n Bones escape. Jola and Bones had decided not to release him. Let him ROT in here, they both thought.

Jola went to the outer door and knocked three times just as the bugs had done each time they had tried to exit the prison cell area. The door opened a crack, Jola and Capt’n Bones did not hesitant … they both threw their shoulders into the door and it flew open with a crash … Capt’n Bones thrust the pike right into the first guarding bug’s head … cutting it clean off. Jola still had her buckets and smash one bug in the head with it …the creature dazed … the final guard in this area brought up a sword and slashed at Jola … but using the second bucket in her other hand she blocked the blow. Capt’n Bones pivoted and cut that guard down and as Jola wrapped up the remained dazed bug and made him “POP”.

“I’ll be a sea cucumber … remind me not to get on ye bad side … missy” the Capt’n gasped. Watching the internal guts pour out of the bug’s popped head.

“You haven’t seen anything … these bugs … don’t know what is about to hit them!!” Jola gasped.

Then they heard Throgram voice “hey … let me out too …” He asked. He had heard the crashing of the door.

“Fuck off you scurvy dog and scallywag!” Capt’n Bones said back.

Throgram then said “Let me out … or I’ll sounded the alarm … I’ll start screaming!”

Jola and Capt’n Bones looked at each other “If he does something to betray us … I kill him” Jola said to Capt’n Bones. He nodded “Ye need to beat me to it” and he headed back to release the previous Captain of the imperial guard.

Jola armed herself with the weapons in this outer guard area. A minute later Throgram and Capt’n Bones returned. “I should kill you where you stand” Jola said. “One misstep … and I’ll do it … understand” She warned him

He nodded his head “Understand”

“We need a quick way out of here.” Jola asked Throgram as she handed him a sword. He thought for a second and then answered “The sewers”

“Should have expected that from a bilge rat” Capt’n Bones commented.

“Lead the way … I want your back where I can stab it” Jola said as the three of them silently left the guard station.
 
The Warriors, the Girls and a Lord

Skadu, Scar, Isis and the girls arrived at the camp in the middle of the night. Both Skadu and Scar took it easy on the guards posted around the camp. It would have been easy to embarrass them … but instead they stated who they were early to prevent any mistrust or surprise.

The group cause a bit of a stir in the defensive forces that were still awake …as the two massive warriors entered. It was not every day, the soldiers saw a 400 pounds of grey Worgen, and a big black panther Hunter walking together. Next their eyes landed on all the beautiful and sexy girls … this was almost more shocking than the two big warriors. But the officers took charge and order the men to maintain discipline and return to their posts.

Lord Haki quickly intercepted the group. “Welcome …” he said and introductions were made. Then he explained where the group could put down for the night. He recognized the hunter and brighten up “Skadu, … if you are willing … we need your skills as a hunter … I will explain more in the morning.” The lord said

Then he looked at Scar and Isis “How did you escape? … and any word on how the city is fairing?” He asked.
 
Scar, Isis and the Girls.

Following Skadu Scar grins over his shoulder to Isis, purposely stepping on a dead twig it snaps sharply. She knew Scar was just doing it to tweak the Hunter's tail, Isis winks and rustles foliage with her tufted tail. The girls cover their mouths stifling giggles, obviously Skadu would think we're awfully noisy.

As the dark Tigran Hunter and Worgen Warrior, strode through the ranks with beautiful Isis and her girls. Any male Tigran with a pulse that wasn't blind, couldn't help but notice how lovely they were. Looks were deceiving with these females, they were as dangerous as they were gorgeous. Scar leans over to speak quietly into Skadu's ear. ''Dun think we be somethin these boyo's ere' seen together before.

Isis recognizes Lord Haki, and steps up to speak. ''Long time no see Lord Haki.'' She bows her head respectfully to the noble, as even being a retired Captain, she should. ''Even a retired soldier, is prepared for the worst, M'lord. A well hidden passageway was built to access the cistern..you're familiar where my establishment is. Said cistern, is very slightly damaged close to the City. But one Claw at a time, could easily gain entry into the Ardalis Merchants district.''

Scar strode boldly right up to Lord Haki, the old warrior gave a casual one finger salute. ''I'm Scar Blackclaw, jus wanted ta say I be willin ta fight. Aye, I knoow Tigran an Worgen don't git along. But Ardalis has been my home nigh on seven seasons. An I dun plan on lettin Demon Lords an bugs, ore' stay their welcome!''

Scar scratched under his bearded chin, hitching his sword belt up under his thick belly. Under the thick rough coat of fur and fat, the big Worgen's muscle was as strong as steel bands. Ain't one ta take orders but from the highest ranked. Tha be yoour honorable King Goldenmane aye? Ain't bein a arse bout it Lord Haki...it's jus a mat'er of honor fer all Worgen warriors.''
 
Last edited:
Jola

The Naga and the two Tigran had been standing in the sewage for over an hour now. Each of them had “plugged” their noses when they first entered so the smell did not get to them. But being in a sewer did make you want to get out of it as soon as possible. The delay was caused by a strong iron grate which lead to the river that barred their way. The grate was in place to prevent attackers from coming up through the sewers to attack the imperial garrison. From the river side it would have been almost impossible to open the grate … but from the garrison side … the three had a chance.

But Jola patience was wearing thin. The two tigran had loosened a few bolts … but there were a lot more … and they had been at it an hour … at this rate the bugs would catch them down here. And she was not going to let that happen.

“Ok … stand back you two … I’m going to try something … cover your ears” She instructed her fellow prisoners. Both of them looked at her … and then stepped back, covering their ears. She quietly spoke the words to the magic spell. Then as the magic energy grew to its peak value … she released the “shatter” spell at the iron grate. The sonic blast crashed into the weakened grate and broke the bolts off. The grate crashed into the river. Jola did not waste any time, she grabbed both Tigrans by their arms and the three of them jumped into the river in the early light of the morning.

No heads reappeared above the river’s surface. Jola was a Human/anaconda Naga. Of all the Naga types … the anaconda type had a strong affinity for water … Jola had dragged both tigran under the river’s surface and quickly used her powerful, snake body to swim back up the river. The two tigrans must have thought she was going to drowned them …as she would not let them come up for air … until she was back at her old apartment building. They broke the surface of the water, both tigran’s gasped for air, as they floated under the over hang of the sideways house.

Throgram was about to yell at her … but she placed a finger to his mouth “quiet … climb up into this window, we can talk once we are dry” She whispered.

Throgram and Capt’n Bones climbed into the “sideways” house. Jola climbed up last to join them.

“I almost drown … YOU DAMN SNAKE!!” Throgram whispered harshly to Jola.

Capt’n Bones pulled out his sword and pointed at Throgram’s throat,"The missy did what she had too … t' bugs will never look this far up t' river. Now I think ye need t' apologize t' the missy for ye statement” The Capt’n suggested.

“Sorry” Throgram grumbled.

“Accepted” Jola said “There is food in the kitchen … why don’t we eat a decent breakfast and discuss our next move. I think we’ll be safe here for a while.” Jola stated, and then she added “Did anyone look at the sky when we surfaced?” She asked. Both tigran’s shook their heads “no”

Jola took a deep breath and sighed. She remembered what she had seen … The sky was gloomy with a glow of red above the imperial garrison castle that was reflected by the wafting smoke and dust. “There is a cloud over the city … the sun cannot cut through it … it looked gloomy out there!” She said.

Throgram headed to the kitchen to get food for everyone …Capt’n Bones was watching him, but spoke over his shoulder “shiver me timbers …that can’t be good … must be magic ... notice ye can do magic aft at t' grate" he said.

Jola face grew a bit sad “I was raised from an egg by a human. He was a wizard and I was his familiar. I served him for many years but he passed away … He was a good man.” Jola explained “And yes, I know some magic… but I don’t know any spells that would be powerful enough to produce that large a cloud. I think it is a sign of bad things to come!”
 
Lord Haki

Lord Haki recognized Isis and gave her a big hug. “Captain Isis … it is good to see you. I did not recognize you with so little cloth on.” He said and then realized that did not sound quite right “I did not say that quite right … my apologies”

Then Scar Blackclaw asked about the king.

Lord Haki nodded his head in understanding. “I’m afraid the king is dead … Queen Shella is our ruling sovereign now. She is sleeping but she can see you in the morning. In fact … talking more in the morning is a good idea for everyone. Please get as much sleep as possible. Good night all” Lord Haki said to everyone and headed off into the night.

The Morning Meeting

The morning sun was bright and welcoming in the jungle. The camp was a bee hive of activity. Preparations were being made to move the bulk of the people to a safer place. Queen Shella had been told about the new arrivals and had asked them to meet her at the command tent.

The group soon arrived and so did the human Knight. The queen greeted everyone with dignity and respect, including all the brothel girls. The queen explained the plan …5 claws (~500 tigrans) would lay a false trail … with traps ... that headed towards the graveyard. Everyone else (5 more claws and all the civilians) would move to the river … also put in a few traps. The two groups would meet up there … cross the river and travel to Makla.

“Now I have a few special assignments. We have heard reports of resistance movement within the city. I need a group to head back into the city … help them and establish a reliable means to communicate information about what the demons are up to.” She said and then looked to the Worgen and Isis “Luckily, there is a safe and secret way to get back in the city.” She said smiling.

“Second I need a person or persons skilled in traps and laying false trails … to work with the claws headed for the graveyard. Also advice on reducing the main forces tracks would also be welcome.” The queen said as she looked at the big black panther/human hunter.

“Finally” The Queen said placing her hands on Aziza’s and Sanura’s shoulders “I need some people to go to the city of the dead ... set up a few “noise makers" so the demons think there are survivors there. The place should be rigged with as many explosives and magic traps as possible. Then that group needs to go to the three sisters magic school. I think we need to recruit some magical help!”

The queen looked at everyone and stated. “None of these assignments are safe … so I’m asking for volunteers …”
 
Back
Top